G=D=M=T===Terrific Tuesday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning GMT

Today was SJP. I haven't done circuits in so long, or endurance work, this was hard! Usually SJP is just fun, today- challenging! I thought I wasn't going to make it thru the static lunges and all the nasty low ends!;-)

Gin~ How'd you do today? It was fun knowing you were doing the same workout as me.

Marcy~ Are you doing yoga again today? I should send you my DS first ashtanga practice when you move, if you are interested. Its tough, but I'm sure you can do it. Its also about 90+ minutes:eek:

Hi Tracee!

My older DS is sick today:(, so I am home all day. He is really upset about missing school. They miss so much work when they are out!

Later gators:p
Deanie

Good Morning DMT!

Today was also SJP. "Shoo Ba Doo Ba!":) I also thought it was hard. Circuits may be the toughest for me b/c your HR gets up there with the cardio and then you go right into weights.
My DH is sick now. He had fever this morning.
I would like to take Sat. as my yoga day, so what should I do? The rest of the week is run, LL, rest and DM. Can I do SJP and LL back to back or LL and DM back to back? (next day?)

Deanie--Sorry your ds is home sick. I also thought is was fun knowing you were doing the same workout.:) Sorry to complain yesterday about the James Bond song. That wasn't nice of me!:(

Marcy--Do you have any Amy Bento's? I was wondering about renting one from Netflix. Are there any that you like or don't?

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Hey Gin~ Sorry your DH is sick!:( Can you do yoga on the rest day? if not, then I would do LL and DM back to back. In SJP we worked our legs with heavier weights than DM uses for legs, so I would not work my legs again tomorrow with LL. you can complain about the James Bond song, I did notice it today, and it was not a fun song!

Deanie

Okay, I have to much time on my hands, and MUST get off the computer! I just ordered the slanted risers!!!:p Must control myself, and NOT buy anything else!!!!:+ :+

Deanie

Okay, I am happy I bought them.:) I know I will use them. I will NOT buy the squat rack, so I think I'm safe now!LOL:+

Good Afternoon DGT!

Today I did Sherri Jacquelyn's Latin Grooves workout that I had gotten in the CIA video giveaway. This was a great workout for me. It was so much fun. Just like being in a jazz class. It also had some pushups at the end and a little ab work. I like the way she taught - she TIFTS but always adds on new stuff so it doesn't get boring. It was a mixture of latin and hip-hop moves. I got the latin no problemo - and mostly got the hip-hop but there was one move where you squat down and then lean on one arm and jump your feet extended in front of you where I felt like I was getting old because there was no way I could do the move. She did modify it at first and just extended one leg which I did but once it went to both legs that was it for me. The workout flew by and I burned 306 calories. It was an hour workout.

Deanie - I do find some of the strength work in SJP challenging. I also hate her low ends. I would love it if you could send me David's First practice. I've been trying to get that on ebay for ages and it just doesn't come around very often. I guess it's right in between his 45 min. practice on Short Forms and the second and third practice that I have. I've always wanted it because David says it goes in order and once I can master the first series, I have a shot at doing the second. The second practice is still real tough for me. No matter how many times I watch him, he still amazes me what he can do. Sorry about your older DS. Hope he gets well soon and you don't catch anything from him. I also hated for my kids to miss school. My DS had a hard time even when he was in school, so I hated for him to miss anything. Congrats on ordering the slanted risers. After looking at the blog again this morning, I'd really like to get a decline bench. Let me know how the slanted risers work out. How high are they? Good self control on not ordering a squat rack:) !

Gin - Hope your DH gets well soon too! I do have Amy Bento. I have Advanced Step Challenge (from her first series), HiLo Xtreme from her second series and Advanced Step Challenge 2, Slo Mo Challenge and Hi Lo Dome Challenge (from her latest series). I had also preordered In The Ring (which Amy did on her own) and All Cardio Hi/Lo Knockout which she did with Greg from CIA. I really like both step tapes (the first one is shorter than the second but I actually like that I have a shorter cardio workout). It's about 50 minutes and the later one is about 60 mins. I'd say the first one is actually a bit more complex than the second. The second one is still complex but a little more athletic. Hi Lo Xtreme is great. One of the best hi/lo workouts out there. Had my HR up practically the whole time and is very easy to follow although it's a bit of a space hog although you can just jump up instead of travelling across. Amy also has premixes and there is quite a bit of All Pump Xtreme on the Hi/Lo Xtreme DVD. The choreography in Hi Lo Dome is similar to Hi Lo Xtreme and the dome is the bosu. (I haven't done that portion yet since I don't have a bosu - another item on my equipment wish list). I've only done the leg portion of Slo Mo Challenge. I liked it. She was quite innovative with her moves. I would say not to go quite as heavy at first because you should really concentrate on the form; otherwise you might have back issues. I still have yet to do the upper body portions. Slo Mo is heavy weight. I didn't bother getting too much from her first series since I didn't think I'd like them from the reviews I saw.

The one I really want to get of hers is Kickbox Xtreme. Some people said her form wasn't great but if you can get past that, it's a great workout. I know Deep Discount was supposed to have it in by today and I think they were only charging $11.

Hope that answered your quesion. Sorry for the lengthy reply. What other yoga vids do you have besides David Swenson and Baron's? I don't think I've heard that you did Baron's Ultimate Challenge in a while. I usually do that one if I have tight hamstrings. He's got a lot of forward bends in that one.

Hi Tracee!

Marcy

Hi Again!

Deanie--Does a squat rack take up a lot of room? I know what a Smith Machine looks like and know that is big.
I plan on for the rest of the week: W--run, Th--LL, F--run and DM ( may have to do DM in the aft), S-yoga.
Is ds feeling better? Do you think he will go to school tomorrow? My DH thinks he has the flu!

Marcy--Thanks for the info on all of the Amy Bento's. I'll have to see which ones I can rent from Netflix. I don't think they have them all. I do have BB's Ultimate Challenge. I think I just call it Level 3. I have BB's Level 1,2, and 3, Core Power and Unlocking Athletic Power (my fav) and David Swenson. That's all of my yoga dvds.
Congrats on the chinups and pullups!! WTG, girl!!}( :) }(

Marcy--I put Amy's Hi/Lo Xtreme on my NetFlix queue. They also have Adv. Step Challenge and others I don't think you named. I have Yoga Shakti in my queue also on a short wait list.

ETA: Okay I just looked up a squat rack to see what they look like and we have one our garage (ds's). Not that I plan to use it. He wanted me to spot him when he was home for Christmas. Bad idea! He was doing chest press with the bar bell and it was too heavy for both of us!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I need to go take care of my sick DH!!:eek:

Gin - I think you'll be happy with Hi/Lo Xtreme. I don't know how much you like complexity, but if you do, you'll like Adv. Step Challenge (she does have a tutorial to go over the moves). Yoga Shakti is great. Hope you like it as much as I do.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.