G*D*M*T*~~~Buttercup Monday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning GMT!!

Today was C&W. An easy way to ease into the workout week, and much needed after MIC:+ My abs and legs have some DOMS from yesterdays workout! C&W was fun, and I'm sure I'll be humming Buttercup all day:)

Gin~ I'm glad you are feeling better! Love LIS, and your right, it is a good one to get back into the swing of things. I am rearranging the cardio this week and will be doing 4DS KB/BC tomorrow. Did you do C&W today? Love the abs!

Marcy~ Enjoy your Tracy week!:) I'm glad you got STS, now we can do it all together!

Have a great day all!
Deanie

PS~ I love the blog pictures and am getting excited to get STS!

Hi again~

Just wanted to mention, I know we are only in week 2 of muscle endurance and I did cardio/circuits all week last week, but my jeans are loose on me! I did feel bloated with all the weight work I've been doing. I was really surprised though at how loose my jeans are!! I have not changed my eating- (I have stopped putting protein powder in my oatmeal though, since I am not lifting heavy). Loving this rotation! I really think it is the change in what workouts I'm doing! I hope its not that my body needs alot of cardio, because I am not a fan!!

Happy Day:7 :D :7
Deanie

Good Morning DMT!

Today was also C&W for me. I really thought I could do it all without a problem since it is one of her milder workouts, but when it came time for Cardio #3 (A Little Less Conversation), I had to just stand there and WATCH. I was so mad and felt like such a WIMP, but I now my body is still recovering. Then I was able to finish the rest.:) I may try HIS cardio only tomorrow. I'm afraid KB/BC would just do me in.:p

Deanie--Yeah to the jeans fitting better. Isn't that a great feeling?? I'll bet it's just due to the fact that you are mixing it up.

Marcy--How are you? Packing? What are your workouts this week?

Back to school today. The good news is that I know I'll have 1/2 of my class absent. The private schools are all out for Spring Break and 1/2 of my class have siblings in private school, so they leave for vacation.

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Good Morning DGT!

This morning was Tracey's Glute Camp and Tony's Abs/Core+. Tracey's was a nice, effective leg workout done with bodyweight and up to 10# weights. There were plie squats, firewalkers, quad shredders (really felt these), jumping jacks with legs in resistance band, lunges with knee lifts, lunges with back heel up and front toe up for balance, leg lifts and circles with 10# weight on leg (these were killer); leg lifts with foot on step and bicycles for core. Can't think of anything else at the moment. My legs were a little wobbly this morning but don't feel too bad. Abs/Core+ was great as usual and also a real calorie burner for me (157 calories in 20 minutes). The music in Glute Camp was pretty good. I'm definitely feeling stronger in my core. I also stuck in a wide grip pullup and 2 chinups. Core work definitely helps with the chinups/pullups.

Saw the blog pics. Really liked the Incline Straddle Pushup. I'm glad I ordered. Looks like there's a lot of work with the barbell - which might be good for me since I haven't used a barbell in quite a while.

Deanie - Glad the jeans are loosening up. Isn't it a wonderful feeling?:)

Gin - Don't feel like a wimp. The flu is hell and I'm amazed you recovered so quickly. Don't rush things or you might get a relapse.
Just my opinion but I think BC might be a little intense right now while you're getting back in the swing of things.

I packed 3 large bags of shoes and clothes over the weekend. It felt really nice emptying out the closets. I think I'm just about done getting rid of the old clothes. Now it's on to getting rid of more paperwork. At least you'll be having a light day at school today.

Have a great day! BBL.

Marcy

Hi Again!

I didn't realize how tired I was until I came home from school.
What cardio or cardio premix would you girls suggest that I try tomorrow if I want something fairly easy. Is there such a thing with Cathe? I do have Basic Step, but would rather do HIS.:)

Marcy--Sounds like another great workout you did this morning. "Quad Shredders" sound brutal!x( I don't have a barbell (or room for one) so I hope I'll be okay with STS without one. Sounds as if you have been busy cleaning out. My brother and SIL are closing on a new house today. I can't wait to see it. I only had 5 children today!

Deanie--Have you been singing Buttercup all day? I also like C&W abs. Are you getting excited for Florida? What day do you leave? Any more news with the nursery school? My director offered me the Pre-K position for next year. That would be 5 year olds, 5 days, and longer hours. I did it for 4 years. I have to decide.

Good Afternoon :)

Gin~ Don't feel bad about your workout today. You did most of it. It took me about 3ish days to "get back" into the swing of things, so just take it easy:) I did PP, lowmax cardio only and SJP (which are all easy) till I felt ready to go full steam! I hope you had an easy day at school today. I agree with Marcy, BC may be to much. Maybe Low Max cardio only tomorrow?

Marcy~ Your workout sounds good. You won't believe it, but my DH wants to try P90X!!:eek: He does no workouts at all, but the spinning bike 3X a week, so I hope he doesn't over do...He was supposed to start today, but we got new tires on my car and it took longer than expected. he may have to wait till after vacation. Doesn't it feel great to get rid of all the c%$p? I try and go thru my closets every spring and Sept. and get rid of stuff I don't use/want/wear. I am not a clutter person in my closets--(with the rest of my house, I am pleading the 5th!;-)and blaming the kids!LOL )

Deanie

Gin~ we were posting at the same time---Wow for the preK position! Congrats weather you take it or not, its nice to be offered!:) I wouldn't mind the 5 days, for me it would be the longer hours which I would have to consider. Let us know!!!:) We are leaving on the 22nd of this month, but I will probably check in once or twice since my parents have a computer. They are goofy though, they don't turn it on everyday!!LOL:+ :+ They crack me up:)

Hi Again!

Gin - I would try either the Low Max Step Only premix (44 mins.) or the Cardio Conditioning Premix from KPC (37 mins.) Maybe you should do Lower Intensity step from 4DS (or is that the one you did? I got confused with Low Impact Step and Lower Intensity Step since they're the same abbreviation). Congrats to your DB and SIL. I bet it was real nice only having 5 kids today. Congrats also on getting offered a position for next year (although I know it must be a tough decision). You sound like you have a great schedule right now.

Deanie - I think it's great DH wants to do P90X! I only wish mind did. Is he doing the classic rotation or the Lean rotation? Maybe he should try the Lean if he's not sure about it. That way he can ease into it slowly and not overdo it. I got rid of clothes that were a size 10! Hard to believe I got that big (I actually was at a 12 at one point). That was right after I had my kids and had no time to exercise. I'm glad you'll be checking in on vacation. What would we do if we couldn't put our computers on everyday??

Marcy

Low Max step only premix is a great suggestion. I am such a rule follower. I hate that I am not able to follow the the rotation much this week!x(

Deanie--Your Spring Break week must be one week after mine. Mine is next week. My parents don't turn their computer on hardly at all. My dad never even bothered to learn how to use one. That is great that your DH wants to use the p90x! Let us know what he thinks.

Marcy--With only 5 kids in my class today I was able to test individually so I can fill out the upcoming conference sheets.:) Not as many arguments to break up! ;-) This year my hours are approx. 8:30-2 4 days/week. Teaching pre-k they would be approx. 8-3 5 days/week.

Gin - I'm drooling at your current hours. You're so lucky. How many kids would be in the pre-K class? Are 5s tougher to deal with than 4s?

Deanie - My Dad never bothered to learn how to go on the computer either. He has no clue. Mom's on it all the time though.

So when do you guys think they might ship STS? I'm thinking they'll probably finish filming by the end of the month and then take about another 2-3 months to edit and ship them out. I figure I'll be ready to start the rotation by the time they ship.

Marcy

Marcy--My hours are nice. Actually they pay me to work 9-1:15, but I could NEVER get everythng done in that time. She said I would have 8 in the class. No more than 10. 5s can be more difficult. These children have been held back from Kindergarten for a reason, but sometimes it's just that they have summer birthdays and need to mature a little more.
I would love to have STS by July. Is that what you think?

Hey guys!

I was hoping for STS by June, but maybe July is more realistic??? I actually have my rotations planned out thru to July. (May change if I like a rotation Cathe posts)

Gin~ Personally, I like the hours you have now. I work 9-12/3 days a week and 9-2/2days a week and that is perfect for me. We have alot of Pre-K programs because of the birthday situations (late bdays and the school cut off is Sept.) Good luck with the decision. the change could be good. Would you have the option to do it for just one year to see how it works out and then go back if you don't like it?

Marcy~ Size 10--12??? I couldn't imagine! You are so into working out!! You must be VERY happy with your tiny body now!:7 :7 I think my DH was going to do the Classic, simply because I don't know the lean rotation. Do you? Is it more reps?/same dvds?

have a great evening!
Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.