Fitnessfreak's January Rotation for January 9, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

Today I will do PS legs + abs! :D

Debbie, you look amazing! Thanks for sharing your pic.:D

Have a great workout and day, everyone! BBL!

Good morning ladies,

I am done with PS legs + abs! I used my new Cathe 10 lb. ankle weights for the first time today. OMG, that’s all I can say! I know my legs going to be sore tomorrow, LOL! My BB is 45 lb ,which is way too heavy for the floor exercises. I usually use a DB.

Have a great workout and day!

Take care,

Good morning! PS legs and abs- done!

I did go a bit heavier on some of the exercises so I’m happy about that. I only think I’m going to go up 5lb. at a time, just to make sure I don’t get injured. Plus, I have to worry about my knees and the left one was a bit weird today. Anyway, this was a good workout. My favorite leg workout is still GS, but this was good too. :)

Strong Legs & Abs
Warm up front lunges, 1x8 each side- 10’s
Warm up back lunges, 1x8 each side- 10’s
Front lunges, 1x8 each side- 17.5’s
Back lunges, 1x8 each side- 17.5’s
--I did these a bit slower than Cathe
Static lunges, 2x16- 50# BB
- This was an increase in weight for me- next time 55# I think
Alternating side lunges, 1x32- 25# BB
--I didn’t like the step outs, so I kept them in place
Plie squats, 1x16, 1x8 3 count hold, 1x8- 45# BB
Step ups, 2x12- 15’s
--I used 6 risers on my high step and went a bit slower than Cathe
Squats, 1x16, 1x4 3 count hold, 1x8- 55#BB
-- Again, this was heavier than I have ever gone with squats. Yay!
Sit and stand, 1x10- 55#BB
--Holy night, these were tough. I used 6 risers again.
Dead lift, 2x12, 60#BB
Calf raises- no weight, did them off the edge of the step top
Inner thigh- 5# AW and then no weight
--I don’t know why these killed me but I had NO STRENGTH for these
Outer thigh- 5# AW
Double hamstring raises- 15 # bar
--I actually have one of these body bar things for a few of my step workouts
Single hamstring raises- no weight
Abs
--Very old school ab workout

Have a great Friday everyone! I like legs on Fridays, don't know why...

Good Morning and TGIF!!

I ran 3 miles this morning and plan to do PS Legs and abs this aft. Hope I am not making a mistake doing legs today since I am doing my long run of 7 miles tomorrow. Tough to fit it all in!
My fav leg w/o is L&G for some reason.

Debbie~Loved seeing the article of you! Great story!

Gotta run to school! Have a great day!

This morning was legs and I'm telling you, it was all I could do to get my butt started. I had no desire to do leg work today plus I've been batteling a headache for 3 days now. Damn PMS!!!

Today was Pure Strength Legs & Abs. I have a confession: I HATE floor work for legs. So I skipped it but one exercise. Three reasons I hate floor work: 1. Hurts my knees for some reason. 2. Hurts my hips for some reason. 3. I just hate doing it. And today I have time restraints so that was a good reason to skip most of it. :D

LEGS
Front/Back Lunges w/u: 15's – 8 reps each leg front & back
Front Lunges: 25's – 8 reps each leg
Back Lunges: 25's – 8 reps each leg
Static Lunges: 65# – 2 sets/16 reps
Plie Squats w/u: 25# DB – 32 reps
***Was suppose to use a body bar but I don't have one. This exercise is stupid, Cathe does them side to side. I used one DB and just did them stationary.
Plie Squats: 45# DB - 16 reps/8 static holds/8 singles
Step Ups w/ 4 Risers: 15's – 2 sets/12 reps
Squats: 65# - 16 singles/4 static holds/8 singles
Sit & Stands w/ 6 Risers: – 55# - 10 reps
***These just kill. She does them really slow and holds a low stance for 8 counts. Killer!
Qtr. Deadlifts: 55# - 2 sets/12 reps
Calf Raises: – 3 sets/32 reps each set.
Inner Thigh Raises
***Skipped.
Outer Thigh Raises
***Skipped.
Hmstring Presses w/2 risers: 15# bar in lap/54 reps
***Did these, they burned big time.
One Leg Press w/2 risers
***Skipped these, they hurt my knee.

ABS
Pure Strength Legs Ab Workout
***Don't like this too much, kind of boring. But my abs are still VERY sore from Tuesdays ab workout. This was hard for me to even do this morning.

That is all...

I don't have time for personals today. Got a lot to do and I'm running late. So tomorrow morning I will take time to read the rest of yesterday's thread and today's thread and respond. Hope you all have a great Friday!!!!

Today I did legs. I don't own PS so instead I did Slow and Heavy legs and then the floor work (only ball/band work) from Gym Style legs. I wasn't in too much pain while I was doing the work - but I am starting to feel my legs tighten up now that I am going about my day. I hope I can walk tomorrow...

More snow on the way today - lovely...

I'm with you Debbie, on the PMS. Because I'm on BCP's, the only BIG symptom I get for TOM is extreme fatigue and headaches. I did GREAT this morning for PS: LEGS & ABS, until about 3/4's of the way through. I think during floorwork "it" kicked in. I felt SOOO tired with that "headache". I did do the floorwork. Skipped a few reps on the lift-ups on the step.

I also used my 10 LB Vest along with my usual weight. Not sure why I want to fry my legs for tomorrow, because I'll be fatigued with sore lower body, and have to work the weekend overnights!! :eek:

Anyways, what I really want to say is: this one kicked my butt today!

Oh yeah, Karen! We're supposed to get a good snow storm tomorrow night! Well, at least it isn't ice, right?

:eek:

Hello Ladies,

I've been a little off with posting with you guys. I guess not being able to lift with all of you is putting a damper on me.

Debbie, in answer to your question, I don't know exactly what the cause of this pain is. I actually had the same problem about a year ago, and after being in pain for over a month, I finally went to the doctor. Of course when you mention chest pain, they automatically think, heart or breast issues. I had just had a mamo. which was normal, so anything with that was rulled out. Then, they had me go for an echo-cardiogram, which also came back normal. I don't know if it's partly due to anxiety which I tend to suffer from, but the pain on my left rib makes me think otherwise. I've been feeling a little better, so hopefully the time off will be good for me. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for asking :)

Yesterday for cardio, since I wanted to give my upper body a break from kickboxing, (my favorite workout), I did Ilaria's Bodystrikes workout. That works the legs well, I must say, lol.

I am going to do my best with LB weight work today. May have to keep any barbell weight low, but I'll manage to get something done. My legs are showing some pretty good definition since I began Debbie's rotation last month :) Keep them coming Debbie :)

Chris - that is what I told the custodians today and they gave me a dirty look. :(
We finally got our snowblower a couple of weeks ago so this will give us a chance to try the thing out. I just hope I make it home safely later today...

Just checking in with the leg workout. We've had some nice weather lately---you know it ain't gonna last, so I've enjoyed some walks the last couple of days. Great for boosting the PMS mood. Sounds like a few on here are dealing with the PMS symptoms, thankfully I haven't gotten headaches lately with them (now that I've said that, you know what's gonna happen now....)

Checking in so y'all don't think I have abandoned you although I have not done my workout yet. I won't get to it until about 4pm. I don't want to wait until evening to do it . I had to take my children to see the doctor and sure enough they have strep and ear infections. There went my entire morning @ the doctors and getting their medicine. Now I' m off to schooling these children.
I did not check in yesterday. I did do my cardio and my glutes are feeling it today. I wonder what is going on there?
I have someone coming over to help me with my computer so I better go and pick up a little.

Veronika

Checking in with 4DS legs/PLB Floorwork/10 minutes of 4DS Kickbox (just because I let the DVD run a little longer).

I went a little heavier with legs but didn't really go to failure until I started squatting with 40# (but I had to go slow). This surprised me, as 24# and 30# used to be my upper limit. :) Of course, the PLB roll-ins on the ball were then pathetic. :p

Have a great day, all!

Today was the premix on 4DS, BC and KB, fun, the legs were still tired from yesterday, tho! Have a good weekend everyone! Mary

Hi all...I'm a day behind due to my work schedule this week.
This is my workout from yesterday...
CHEST
Pure Strength:
Push ups off step: 2 sets/12 reps
Bench Press w/u: 45# - 16 reps
Bench Press: 75# - 2 sets/10 reps
Incline Bench Press: 65# - 2 sets/10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 25's – 10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flies: 20's – 10 reps
Incline Super Sets: 15's– 9 reps
BodyMax 2:
Decline Pushups on Stability Ball: 8 reps w/different counts
Wide Stance Pushups: 16 reps
SHOULDERS
Pure Strength:
Arnold Press: 20's – 1 set/10 reps, 15's - 2 sets/10 reps
Seated Clean & Press: 10's – 2 sets/8 reps
Side Lateral Raises: 10's - 2 sets/10 reps
Reverse "Y" Flies: 10's – 2 sets/10 reps
Side Lateral Raises: 10's – 16 reps
BodyMax 2:
Supersets
Arm Circles: 8's
Lateral Raises: 8's
TRICEPS
Pure Strength:
Close Grip Dumbell Press: 25's – 1 set/12 reps 1 set/10 1 set/8 reps
Lying Tricep DB Extensions: 10's – 2 sets/10 reps
Cross Body Extensions: 8's – 2 sets/10 reps
Lying Tricep Extensions: 10's – 12 reps
Weighted Dips: 55# – 15/15/15
BodyMax 2:
Overhead Dumbbell Extension on Ball: 20# - 8 reps different counts
Double Arm Kickbacks: 8's - 24 reps
Double Arm Kickbacks: 5's - 4 reps w/4 pulses
ABS...did my own workout
Hanging Leg Raises 15/12/10
Bench V-ups 15/12/10
Bench Reverse Crunch 15/12 10
Frog Crunch 50
Oblique Crunches 16/16
Crunches (variety) 50
Reverse Crunch 16/16
Planks (1 min rest in between) 1 minute-on elbows / 2x, 1 minute straight arm / 2x

Todays workout....Step Blast. I just got the dvd Wednesday so wanted to check it out! Great workout...and fun! I could do all the moves but when she put them all together and went a bit faster I had to rewind a couple times. Once I learn it better I can tell it will be a great w/out and calorie burner!

Happy Friday! :)

Checking in -

Did 60 min on the TM yesterday.
Today I followed LainieFig's and Debbie's worksheets for PS Legs. I then did abs from a S&H Legs. Very nice w/o.
Enjoy your day, ladies!

Hi Ladies,

It felt good to get that leg workout done today. I actually like PS Legs & Abs.

We're expecting another snow-storm in N.J. tomorrow :( It's not bad when you can stay home on a Saturday and enjoy it, but unfortunately, I won't have that luxury tomorrow.

Hope you all have a great weekend :)

I almost took an unscheduled rest day, as I couldn't get myself out of bed this morning in time to workout. However, since I was able to leave work early, I talked myself into getting it done.

All exercises performed with dumbbels

PS LEGS
Warm Up Front/Back Lunges 12's – 8 reps each leg
Front Lunges: 20's – 8 reps each leg
Back Lunges: 20's – 8 reps each leg
Static Lunges: 25's – 2 sets/16 reps
Warm Up - Plie Squats w/u: 20s – 32 reps
Plie Squats: 20's- 16 reps/8 static holds/8 singles
Step Ups 20's – 2 sets/12 reps
***I probably shouild have used 15s. Form wasn't great on these.
Squats: 20's - 16 singles/4 static holds/8 singles
***Have to go light on these according to my chiropractor
Sit & Stands– 20's - 10 reps
***I just did a deep squat and held for 8 counts without sitting.
Deadlifts: 25's - 2 sets/12 reps
Calf Raises: Held 1 20 pound dumbbell throughout – 3 sets/32 reps each set.
Inner Thigh Raises - 32/16/8 each leg. Used ankle weights
Outer Thigh Raises - 32/16/8 each leg. Used ankle weights
Hamstring Presses w/3 risers - I lost count. No weight
One Leg Press w/3 risers. Used ankle weights, I lost count

ABS
Pure Strength Legs Ab Workout
***Really focused on working this HARD. Hope I feel it tomorrow.

PS Legs & Abs

Hey guys. How is everyone doing. I had a good workout this morning. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Warm up front lunges 1x8 DB 2x5: 8#
Warm back lunges 1x8 DB 2x5: 8#
Front lunges 1x8 DB 2x15: 25#
Back Lunges 1x8 DB 2x15: 25#
Static lunges 2x16 BB: 45#
Alternating Side lunges - Body Bar 1x32
Plie squats 1x16, 1x8 3ct hold, 1x8 BB 40#
Step ups 12" step, 2x12: 40# DB 2x15: 40#
Squats 1x16, 1x4 3ct hold, 1x8 BB: 55#
Sit-n-stand - 16" step, 1x10 BB: 45#
Quarter dead lift 2x12 BB: 40#
Calf raises - 2x4 board 32/40/8ct/36/8ct: second set did 20# DB
Inner Thigh - Body Bar 32/16/8: Complete
Outer Thigh - Body Bar 32/16: Complete
Double Hamstring raises - 8" step, Body Bar 4 quick, 54 slow: Complete
Single Hamstring raised - 8" step, 1x64: Complete
Abs: Complete

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.