Fitnessfreak's January Rotation for January 7, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

Today I will do PS Chest + BM2 chest put only push ups+ PS shoulders+ BM2 shoulders skip military pressed + PS Triceps + BM2 triceps skipping dips:cool: I am already hurting!

Have a great workout and day! BBL!

Hi girls,

I am done with my workout! OMG, my triceps are on fire! WOW! :D
It took me a little longer than 70 min., because I had to switch from VCR to my DVD player! I didn't mind, I needed that break.:D

I will do yoga later today!

Hi to everyone that follows! Enjoy your workouts!

Well, I didn't follow the workout to a "T". I don't have PS and I couldn't find the print out of all of the exercises for it this morning. No worries. I ended up doing the 4DS Chest, Shoulder, Bicep premix and then adding on the BM2 exercises to that.

I'm not feeling very well today so I was just happy to be able to do that. (feeling light headed, dizzy and tired....that pain in my neck I think it causing it)

Anyway, I hope everyone else has a great workout today. :)

Today was Pure Strength Chest, Shoulders & Triceps with a mixture of Body Max 2 exercises with respective body parts. Had an excellent workout.

CHEST
Pure Strength:
Push ups off step: 2 sets/12 reps
Bench Press w/u: 65# - 16 reps
Bench Press: 85# - 2 sets/10 reps
Incline Bench Press: 75# - 2 sets/10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 30's – 10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flies: 25's – 10 reps
Incline Super Sets: 20's– 9 reps
***This exercise was a combo of a flye at 2/2 counts and then two regular presses w/single counts.

BodyMax 2:
Decline Pushups on Stability Ball: 8 reps w/different counts
Wide Stance Pushups: 16 reps
***Got a great burn with these.

SHOULDERS
Pure Strength:
Arnold Press: 20's – 3 sets/10 reps
Seated Clean & Press: 10's/8's – 2 sets/8 reps
Side Lateral Raises: 10's/8's - 2 sets/10 reps
Reverse "Y" Flies: 10's – 2 sets/10 reps
Side Lateral Raises: 10's – 16 reps
***Dropped to 8's with a few exercises because my right shoulder started bothering me. I went lighter then usual with all these exercises due to my shoulder.

BodyMax 2:
Supersets
Arm Circles: 5's
Lateral Raises: 5's
***First set was done with 4 reps forward circles, 4 reps back circles then right into lateral raises. Repeated but reps were 2 front and back for arm circles and 3 reps for lateral raises w/different counts. These burned like crazy! I liked it!

TRICEPS
Pure Strength:
Close Grip Dumbell Press: 25's – 1 set/12 reps 1 set/10 1 set/8 reps
Lying Tricep DB Extensions: 15's – 2 sets/10 reps
Cross Body Extensions: 15's – 2 sets/10 reps
Lying Tricep Extensions: 15's – 12 reps
Weighted Dips: 35# – 1 set/20 reps 1 set/24 reps
***I did these on both my benches (bench dips). Got an excellent burn.

BodyMax 2:
Overhead Dumbbell Extension on Ball: 25# - 8 reps different counts
***By this time I was struggling. Should have used 20#.
Double Arm Kickbacks: 8's - 24 reps
Double Arm Kickbacks: 5's - 4 reps w/4 pulses
***Also struggled with this. My triceps were screaming at me!

That is all...

Good Morning!

Today I did my 3 mile run and will do SJP abs and maybe step from my new Classics Vol.1 dvd later this aft.

Debbie~I posted a question for you late yesterday, if you have time to look at it.:)

Sorry, my posts are so quick. I have to leave for school and can't get on the computer there!:(
I am loving this rotation, though!!:D:D:D

Have a great day!

I'm glad I read this thread....it motivates me to do what I need to do today to stay in shape. I took a planned day off yesterday off because I stayed up really late the night before (my DH bought Celine Dion concert tickets....incredible seats...geez, what an awesome guy!). I've got to say...besides being fabulous, Celine is incredibly fit....watching her move also motivates me to keep on track. Heck, I'm only 8 years older than she is (she'll be 41 years old in March)....I can do it!!! (Positive thinking :))

To all of you who post...thanks again, all your posts and reviews of your workouts keep me motivated!!! Even your struggles keep me motivated.....some of my workout days are really tough so I know I'm not alone.

FROM YESTERDAYS THREAD:

Debbie, what HR monitor do you have? Where can I buy one? DH is in the states, he can pick one up for me:pLOL!

Patti, nice cal. burn!

Sonya, good luck with your presentation tonight!

Belinda, I have a Sportline SX Combo HRM. Got it at Wal Mart.

Debbie~If I am mainly an endo, do you think 2 1/2 hours of cardio a week is a good amt for me? I really try to mix up the types of workouts I do (circuits, total body weights, parts and running, step and kickbox), but I rarely see any difference in the amt of body fat I have. I am 49, workout 6 days a week and have for years, recently cut out sugar and would like to lose about 10 lbs. Suggestion? Thank you!

I have heard so many good things about CC. Sure wish I had access to a TM!

Does anyone know the answer to this.....My Polar HRM needs a new battery. Do I have to send it to the company to replace?:(

Maybe you are doing the same things too often. If you are following this rotation, follow it and see how your results go. I suggest to lift heavier and keep your cardio around 2 - 2 1/2 hrs. a week.

Is it the strap or watch that needs the battary replaced? This is why I hate Polar. Yes, you have to send it back in to get the battery changed and to not void the warranty. It's BS. My dh use to change my batteries in the watch and strap, though. I refuse to send things back just for a battery change. That is ridiculous.

And CC workouts can be used on any type of cardio equipment. It's best with a treadmill, but can be use with an elliptical, bike, etc.

While I have your attention, maybe you could give me your opinion and enable me. I was thinking of buying either Crosstrain Xpress or Body Blast Timesaver. Do you have either of these? If so, what do you think of each? Which is the better of the two? I do like challenging cardio and like step and kickboxing. I realize that Timesaver is patterned after CTX, but CTX is older, more expensive. Just curious what your thoughts are on this.

I'd suggest the BB Timesaver. The BB series is excellent.

Just a quick question and comment. I noticed that many of you use Cardio Coach including Debbie. I have never heard of that, could you please explain what that is and how it is used? Do you need to have a treadmill to use it? I was just curious after reading everyone's check-ins.;)

Nora, these workouts are awesome. Go to www.cardiocoach.com and read up on it. You download workouts to put on your MP3 player or you can burn them to CD's. You listen to what the coach says to do and do it. It's fun and really makes you work hard. I can't say enough about these workouts.

[Belinda, I have a Sportline SX Combo HRM. Got it at Wal Mart.

Thanks Debbie! DH will buy one for me today( I sent DH a list of things I need). I will have a HR monitor by Saturday,LOL!:D Can't wait to find out how many cal. I burn!

Good Morning All!

I did the PS & BM2 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps! Although looking at your list of exercises, Debbie, I missed decline push ups on the ball. But otherwise, got them all in!

I definitely lifted heavier than usual, and felt like ALMOST failure on my last reps, ... You guys definitely push me to lift heavier!! The hardest exercise for ME, was doing the BM2 shoulder circles & Lateral Raises on the ball! OMG, my shoulders were on FIRE!

Great combination, again! Love this rotation, love these workouts!!

I'm done with Chest/Shoulder/Tris, whew! I don't have PS and am not good at working out with no dvd, so I used 4DS in place of PS. I failed to read that we only did sections of the BM2 body parts (I kept wondering why Debbie had left them off of her list this morning). Needless to say, I was tuckered out after the 75 min. it took. I guess next time I need to refresh my memory of what the rotation calls for instead of relying on my aging memory. :p:eek:

Happy Wednesday, All! :)

I did my own premix today: 4DS Chest/Shoulders/Triceps (I used the chapters because I didn't want to break up the body part exercises.). This was my first time running through 4DS shoulders, and geez...my arms were shaking as I switched DVDs to do the tricep work.

With a little rest here and there (30 to 60 seconds when I went to failure and just couldn't start the next round immediately), the workout runs an hour.

Good afternoon!

It was tough workout today! I am finding that I like the exercises in PS, but Cathe's count is so fast for lifting heavy. Plus, like Debbie said the other day, the music is weird. I swear during the stretch it felt like church music. I also tacked on the bootcamp cardio 30 minute premix from KCM and KPC abs since I didn't do them yesterday.

Weights: 391 calories / Cardio: 313 calories- I LOVE my HRM.

CHEST
Pure Strength:
Push ups off step (1 riser): 2 sets/12 reps
Bench Press w/u: 35# - 16 reps
Bench Press: 55# - 2 sets/10 reps
Incline Bench Press: 55# - 2 sets/10 reps and then only made it to 8 on second set
Incline Dumbbell Press: 20's – 10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flies: 17.5's – 10 reps
Incline Super Sets: 17.5's– 8 reps (couldn't do the last rep)

BodyMax 2:
Decline Pushups on Stability Ball: 8 reps w/different counts
Wide Stance Pushups: 16 reps (did last 2 on my knees)

SHOULDERS
Pure Strength:
Arnold Press: 15's – 1st set of 10 reps / 12's last 2 sets of 10 reps
Seated Clean & Press: 8's/7's – 2 sets/8 reps
Side Lateral Raises: 10's - 2 sets/10 reps
Reverse "Y" Flies: 8's/7's – 2 sets/10 reps
Side Lateral Raises: 10's – 16 reps

BodyMax 2:
Arm Circles: 7's 1st set / 6's 2nd set
Lateral Raises: 7's 1st set / 6's 2nd set

TRICEPS
Pure Strength:
Close Grip Dumbell Press: 12's /15's – 1 set/12 reps 1 set/10 1 set/8 reps
Lying Tricep DB Extensions: 10's – 2 sets/10 reps
Cross Body Extensions: 8's – 2 sets/10 reps
Lying Tricep Extensions: 8's – 12 reps
Weighted Dips: 25# plate– 1 set/20 reps 1 set/24 reps

BodyMax 2:
Overhead Press on ball- 15# DB
Double Arm Kickbacks: 8's - 24 reps
Double Arm Kickbacks: 8's - 4 reps w/4 pulses

Have a great day everyone!

Patti - Nice going. I can't believe you added on cardio after that! You go girl!!! :eek: The music in PS does suck. But I do like that series. If you lift heavy enough, its intense. And I always go slower with my reps then she does because I'm lifting heavier.

Hey Gals!

Just checking in to report my workout:) I did exactly what today called for. I went heavy with the weights, heavier then cathe, but of course I can't remember every move:confused: Then I ended up going for a run outside for cardio:) I debating doing BM2 but its to warm in the basement so I decided to dress warm and got a good 45 mins run in:)

Lori:)

Hi Ladies,

I'm a bit dissapointed here. It looks like I'm going to have to take a break from the heavy lifting for at least a week, if not two. I've been having a pain on my left rib and chest. I had the same thing about a year ago, and it seemed to take forever to go away. I am very stubborn, and have the hardest time accepting that I need to take a break, so I've been pushing through this, but the pain has gotten bad enough that I need some relief. So, I'll try taking a mini-break from upper body weights.

I didn't get to check in yesterday, but I did my cardio workout. I did 45 minutes of Powerstrike 2, and Coremax 2. I think I'll take a full rest day today and I hope to be up to some good kick-butt cardio tomorrow.

You girls are really working those weights :)

I have not worked out yet. It will be closer to 6 or 7 before I do this 75 minute workout. I love seeing how much everyone lifts because it is so incredible that y'all are so strong. i remember when 10 pounders were the heaviest I ever lifted for years. Is that not something? Who would have known that now that I'm older I lift heavier than ever.

Veronika

Hi everyone, today I did HE, hi/low intervals, Wow, don't know why I picked that one, I thought it was hard! My triceps are talking to me today! Mary

I missed posting yesterday (completed LowMax 4 -7 premix), and am finally finding time to post this morning's workout. I think I'm going to feel this tomorrow!

***All weight work performed with dumbbells

CHEST
Pure Strength:
Push ups off step: 2 sets/12 reps
Bench Press w/u: 15s, 16 reps
***this felt really light.
Bench Press: 25s - 2 sets/10 reps
Incline Bench Press: 25s- 2 sets/10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 25s – 10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flies: 20's – 10 reps
Incline Super Sets: 20's– 9 reps
***Felt this one!

BodyMax 2:
Decline Pushups on Stability Ball: 8 reps 2/1/1 count
Wide Stance Pushups: 16 reps
Had to do last 8 reps on my knees. Pecs were really burning!

SHOULDERS
Pure Strength:
Arnold Press: 15s, 12s, 10s – 3 sets/10 reps
*** Had to decrease weight with each set
Seated Clean & Press: 5s – 2 sets/8 reps
Side Lateral Raises: 8s/5s - 2 sets/10 reps
Reverse "Y" Flies: 8s – 2 sets/10 reps
Side Lateral Raises: 10s – 16 reps

BodyMax 2:
Military Press on ball
***I goofed and did these
Supersets: Arm Circles: 5's, Lateral Raises: 5's
***These were HARD!!!

TRICEPS
Pure Strength:
Close Grip Dumbell Press: 12s – 1 set/12 reps 1 set/10 1 set/8 reps
Lying Tricep DB Extensions: 10s – 2 sets/10 reps
Cross Body Extensions: 10s – 2 sets/10 reps
Lying Tricep Extensions: 12s – 12 reps

BodyMax 2:
Overhead Dumbbell Extension on Ball: 15# 2/1/1 count
Double Arm Kickbacks: 5s - 24 reps
Double Arm Kickbacks: 5s - 4 reps w/4 pulses

Not sure why, but this took me only 50 minutes. So, I also did SJP abs since I missed them a couple of days ago.

Really enjoying this rotation! Now if I could just clean up my diet and get some weight off...

PS & BM2 Chest, Shld, & Tri

Hello to everyone. Glad to see you all are having a great workout. Mine was pretty good as well. Thanks to all of you. I really stay encouraged to get my workouts done. Have a great night. Cya tomorrow.

PS Chest
Warm up: Complete
Decline Push-ups 2 x 12 Reps: ON Knees(I really want to advance to toes)
Bench press warm up BB 1x16: 25# BB (Should have done 35)
Bench press BB 2x10: 55#
Incline bench press BB 2x10: 50#
Incline chest press DB 1x10: 20#
Incline chest fly DB 1x10: 20#
Superset (press/fly) DB 1x10: 20#

BM2 CHEST
Decline Pushups on Ball: Knees
Wide Pushups: Knees

PS Shouders
Arnold press DB 3x10: 12#
Seated clean/press DB 2x10: 10#, 8# (shoulder bother me a little on these)
Standing laterals DB 2x10: 8#
Reverse fly DB 2x10: 8#(I tell u these made me proud. I just happened to look up at the mirror & I thought, "Wow, are these really my shoulders." I can really see some definition. Thanks FitnessFreak for the rotation and check-in it is a big help.)
Seated laterals DB 1x16: 10#

BM2 Shoulders
Shoulder Circles on Ball DB 2x5: 5
Lateral Raises on Ball DB 2x5: 5

PS TRICEPS
Close grip press DB 12/10/8: 12#, 15#, & 20#
Db french press 2x10: 12#
Cross body extensions DB 2x10: 12#
Db french press 1x12: 12# 12R & 10# 11R
Dips 20/24: 15 the 12# DB on each thigh(too lazy to change BB): 15R, 18R

BM2 Triceps
French Press on Ball DB 1x15: 12#
Double Arm Kickbacks DB 2x5: 8#, 5# (did it make it completely through the cyle on these)

HRM
Time: 72 Min (I took longer to finish sets and had longer breaks between sets)
Calories: 448
Fat: 60%
Max: 145
Avg: 113
In Zone: 39 min

Just got done with today's workout. We're already 1/3 of the way through the rotation!

My husband was asking who came up with this rotation. I was telling him it was a very knowledgable, impressive woman on the Cathe forum's. I was able to put a face to the name for him, because I just happened to be flipping through my Oxygen magazine that Debbie was in! He was quite impressed! (I started reviewing old Oxygens to get me inspired for the new year)

Annie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.