Fitnessfreak's January Rotation for January 4, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

Today I will do abs, that is it!:D Glad today is a rest day!

Go Gin Go! Good luck today!

Hi to everyone that follows!

Have a great Sunday and workout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris_g1 http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1800092#post1800092
Debbie, the reason my children cannot stay with my DH and I ,is because I live in Germany, my husband is a soldier ( we are stationed in Grafenwoehr). My children Alesia 23, is a graduate student, and my son Darieus 19, is sophomore in college. They live in our home in Texas. Believe me we would love to have them with us.

Hi Belinda. I didn't realize your kids were adults. That is cool that they can live on their own and take care of themselves. Very impressive. How long will you and your dh be in Germany?

Hi Debbie sorry it took me that long to answer! Last week has been crazy, with the holidays, the kids leaving and DH flying to the states on business on Saturday! Here is a little about me, I am 45 and I am German! I was born and raised in Nuernberg/ Germany. I met my DH 26 years ago in Nurenberg/ Germany. He was stationed in Fuerth/Nuernberg. We had our 25th wedding anniversary in Dec.! We spent almost 17 years of and on in Germany with the military! Thanks Debbie! DH and I are so pround our kids can take care of themselves! I do call them very day a few times a day, lol! I would go nuts not hearing from them! To answer your question; this tour was a 3 year tour; we have 2 more years left! I am hoping DH will retire after this tour, I do like to settle down somewhere near my kids and enjoy life! I remember DH saying he would like to stay in the Army 20 years, now we are close to 30! LOL! My DH loves the Army!:D

Have a great weekend!

Good Morning Everyone!

I tried to check in from home before my workout but the computer shut down on me:mad:Im thinking its either shot or it has a very bad virus. It is an older laptop...so who knows:rolleyes:

I got to bed at a sensible time last night and I got up early to workout even though it was suppose to be a rest day. The workout wasn't very long though. I did 2 miles on the TM and 4 seg of HSC. Last night I also got a 4.5 mile run in:)

Today is DS's 2nd b-day:( where does the time go? It seems as if he as went from a baby to a little boy in no time. I guess there are a few time outs in the future:eek::D I use to avoid them b/c I kept saying he was a baby and that he didn't understand...LOL...I guess I can't use that excuse anymore:p

Gin** when is your race and how long is it? Im looking forward to a few races sometime this year. There is no better high!

Belinda** Have fun with your abs workout. I don't think Gin's race is today...she is just training (i think)

Aveggiegirl** Were you thanking ME for getting you back on the TM? Or another Lori? If so...didn't know I did anything! LOL:eek: And about the eating...don't worry about it. If you can keep it sensible most of the time then I would be happy, we have to live, right?

BBL!
Lori:)

Good morning everybody!

Lori, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your little boy!:D:D:D And yes, I was thanking YOU.:) Every time I read your posts it makes me want to run on the TM. In fact, yesterday I downloaded my very first Cardio Coach! I haven't tried it yet but I plan to do it this afternoon. I used to run but kind of got bored with it. I'm slowly getting back into it and hope I can keep it up. Running does make my body feel good. I LOVE doing step and kickboxing though! To me, step and kickboxing are just fun.

I have to go back to work tomorrow so I won't be able to post too much during the week. :( I will be reading it everyday though. This is a great rotation Debbie! I enjoy using the different DVDs. Thanks for putting this together.

Sonya, thanks for the support!!!!! You motivate me.

Aveggiegirl** I downloaded one cardio coach and I never figured out how to put it on my ipod:eek: My Ipod isn't user friendly, probably the reason why I don't care that DD as claimed it. I like running outside more then I do on the TM but this time of yr, thats not an option. I enjoy step but don't enjoy kickboxing:confused: Wish I did though.

I also won't be posting much this up comming week b/c the computers home are acting up:mad:

Also...DH just called. Our older dog isn't doing very well. He as a bad leg, he is a big dog so we are assuming that his hips may be giving him trouble. The thing with his is that he can be limping one day and running the next. I think he does it for attention sometimes! Either way, he is 10, probably not a very good future!

Lori:)

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did 20 min of yoga instead of BM2 legs hurt to much so today I will do BM2 and 4ds calves.

Lori-happy birthday to your son.

Hi girls,

I jumped on the scale after breakfast:rolleyes: I am down another 2 pounds:D
Thanks to Debbie and her awesome, but tough rotations:D! Your rotations kick my butt, in a good way!:D

I also started making protein pancakes again, first I couldn't find the recipe. I had to search the forum for awhile:( I found all kinds of good recipes on the forum

Debbie, I found this recipe you posted awhile back. Do you still make these?

Whip up 5 egg whites, add cinnamon to your liking and mix well. Add 1/2 cup uncooked oats and 1/2 cup banana slices. Pour in a large non-stick pan to make one HUGE pancake and cook on both sides.

Spread 1/2 tbsp. natural peanut butter on top and enjoy! It is SO GOOD!

My :eek:! Can I eat the whole thing?:p I am getting hungry, need to eat dinner:D real soon!

Lori - Happy Birtday to your little boy! Enjoy your day! What are your plans?

Off to make dinner!

Good Morning Ladies,

Lori, Happy Birthday to your son. My grandson just turned 2 in October. Such a fun age :)

Today is my rest day, and I plan to enjoy it! Have fun with your workouts ladies, and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Today is my rest day. I am and will enjoy it! :)

A few comments from Friday through Saturday's checkins:

First I'd like to say good job on doing PLB calves instead of 4DS if you felt like it was too much for you or you just wanted to do something different. It's good that you are making these workouts YOURS! Nice job everyone!

Debbie, I had posted right after our bicep work that my right bicep is much weaker than my left. I think it is because of an old shoulder injury that happened while I was lifting a 10 pound weight over my shoulder. This happened 14 years ago and it has caused me lots of discomfort around the shoulder and arm and even upper back. About a year ago, I went to the chiropractor to see if he could help me. And after 8 weeks of going in to see him the pain is now gone. The problem is that my right arm is still weaker than my left. while doing th bicep work on WED. I could not do the MM bicep curls simultaneously at all because my right arm would not lift the 10er. I put the weight down and finished the left arm. Then i went back and did the right arm after giving it a good rest and stretch. But I could only do two reps with the 10 and had to drop to the 8's. My right arm is so much sorer than my left arm. No pain just sore. There was no pain while I was working it out also. I think that is good. Your comment about making the workout my own was exactly what I needed during this workout. i would have just stopped if it wasn't for your words. I want to know if I am doing the right thing for my arm.

Veronika

Veronika, You shoulder try to lift heavier with your right arm for a while instead of training it alone. What I mean is, when you are using 10# for your left arm, try using 12# for your right and do reps to failure. Don't worry if you can't keep up with the left arm. Push yourself to lift a bit heavier with your righ arm (don't hurt yourself, though) and see if you can get that right arm caught up with your left.

Maybe even do concentration curls with your right arm only. Do maybe 3 sets of 8 reps and go as heavy as you can. See if that helps. Sorry you are having so much trouble with your right bicep.

Debbie...I got CC #2,3,4

Sonya, you gotta get #7 and #8. Actually, all of them at some point. Every workout is awesome!!!

Hi All!

I did PUB and MM shoulders and then PLB legs and 4ds calves. I used my new weighted vest and dbbls for the PLB section.
Tomorrow is my long run of 8 miles, since I am training for a half marathon. Please send positive vibes my way that I can do it and hope my legs aren't too sore from today!:eek:

Have a great day!

Good luck, Gin! You will do great!!! :D

Debbie

Can you tell me what wts. she uses for each exercise? That is why I like doing the dvds she tells us what she is using an we can decide what to use from there.

Roxie, I really don't have time today, but I will try to do that. I should have posted that with my breakdown post, didn't even think of it. If I can get to it today I'll be sure to post it.

Hi Debbie sorry it took me that long to answer! Last week has been crazy, with the holidays, the kids leaving and DH flying to the states on business on Saturday! Here is a little about me, I am 45 and I am German! I was born and raised in Nuernberg/ Germany. I met my DH 26 years ago in Nurenberg/ Germany. He was stationed in Fuerth/Nuernberg. We had our 25th wedding anniversary in Dec.! We spent almost 17 years of and on in Germany with the military! Thanks Debbie! DH and I are so pround our kids can take care of themselves! I do call them very day a few times a day, lol! I would go nuts not hearing from them! To answer your question; this tour was a 3 year tour; we have 2 more years left! I am hoping DH will retire after this tour, I do like to settle down somewhere near my kids and enjoy life! I remember DH saying he would like to stay in the Army 20 years, now we are close to 30! LOL! My DH loves the Army!:D

Interesting, Belinda! My mom met my dad in Italy (where she lived). He was on American base in Italy and she met him in her dad's bar. I was born in Italy and then we moved here to the states when I was 1 year old. I've only been back to Italy once. I'd love to go again to see my cousin and my aunt's that are still living.

Lori - Happy birthday to your son!

Morning!

Lori: My DS is almost 2- happy birthday to yours today! It IS sad how fast they grow up. We've started doing time outs- oh the tantrums!

Gin: Good luck on your long run!

Belinda: WTG on the weight loss! Good for you. You gotta love seeing tangible results. :)

I am taking my rest day today. :) See you guys later! Have a great day!

Missed any checking in y'day. Was sporting some serious back and biceps DOMS from my session w/ PT Fri a.m. Deadlifted 200 lbs from a 4" platform and felt it y'day - nice though.

So I opted for only a 3-mile SS run y'day and today did abs and spinning at the gym - which was PACKED. How long DOES it take those NY resolution folks to fall back into their old ways and stop coming to the gym? LOL. Have a good workout or rest day all.

Good morning! I did some yoga this morning -- feels so good after working so hard all week.

Interesting about the husbands meeting wives in Europe. My FIL met my MIL when he was a Rhodes scholar and she was living in Holland (where she grew up).

have a nice rest day! (certainly well earned in this crowd!)

-Beth

[Interesting, Belinda! My mom met my dad in Italy (where she lived). He was on American base in Italy and she met him in her dad's bar. I was born in Italy and then we moved here to the states when I was 1 year old. I've only been back to Italy once. I'd love to go again to see my cousin and my aunt's that are still living.

Debbie, very interesting! LOL! DH's dad came from Italy too. We go to Italy at last once a year. We love Italy, great food and wine! Great shopping! This year we plan on going to Tuscany! I am very excited ! We don't live far from Italy, we drive down there! Do you speak Italian? DH still has family in Sicily; he hasn't seen them since he was a small kid! What a shame! You should go back and see you aunts and cousins! Where do they live in Italy? Italy is so beautiful! You grew up in the military? :D

I'm getting caught up on some workouts from earlier in the week, so I did PUB/MM Back/bicep. Wow! :eek:

Back:
PUB Pullover: 20/25/30
PUB Rows: 18/20/22
MM BB Row: 55#
MM 1 arm row: 25#
MM Pullover: 30#

Bicep:
PUB Hammer: 12/15/20
PUB DB Curl: 12/15/20
* I literally went to failure on 20 and took more breaks
MM Barbell curl: 37#
DB partial: 11.5

MM abs

Tomorrow I'll do cardio and will be all caught up. Hopefully downhill skiing counts as cardio as we are going up to the mountains, yippee! And we got a sweet deal on lift tickets. It was a package deal so now instead of only planning a 1 day ski trip we will have 3 days throughout the season. DH and I used to ski a lot pre-kids and now that the kids are grown (and the youngest a snowboard buff) we are getting back into skiing as much as the finances allows. I hope my DOMS from PLB 2 days ago ease up by tomorrow!

Hello Everyone,
I am back. My earache and sore throat are gone. Thank God for antibiotics and pain killers. I feel good enough that I will do shoulders and legs today to make up for my missed session. I did not do any of last weeks cardio due to being sick. Tomorrow I'll be joining you with our regular workout.

Debbie, I will lift heavier with my right. For some reason I thought that you would have advised me to go heavier with my good left arm and stay the same with the right arm. I had it backwards. Thank you for the infor and I will do it.

I have not had a chance to read everyones entry so i will go back and do that later.

Belinda, Thank you for your husbands service and for your support.

Veronika

Debbie, very interesting! LOL! DH's dad came from Italy too. We go to Italy at last once a year. We love Italy, great food and wine! Great shopping! This year we plan on going to Tuscany! I am very excited ! We don't live far from Italy, we drive down there! Do you speak Italian? DH still has family in Sicily; he hasn't seen them since he was a small kid! What a shame! You should go back and see you aunts and cousins! Where do they live in Italy? Italy is so beautiful! You grew up in the military? :D

Bayerngirl...soooo jealous! Wish I could just "drive" to Italy!

Tomorrow I'll do cardio and will be all caught up. Hopefully downhill skiing counts as cardio as we are going up to the mountains, yippee! And we got a sweet deal on lift tickets. It was a package deal so now instead of only planning a 1 day ski trip we will have 3 days throughout the season. DH and I used to ski a lot pre-kids and now that the kids are grown (and the youngest a snowboard buff) we are getting back into skiing as much as the finances allows. I hope my DOMS from PLB 2 days ago ease up by tomorrow!

Lisa...I would definetly say downhill skiing counts as cardio....have FUN!!!!

Veronika....glad you are feeling better! :):)

Aveggiegirl...wanted to mention that I keep a food journal and track everything I eat! It makes a BIG difference....holds ya more accountable too :D I use myfitnesspal.com.....super easy!

I am starting next weeks rotation today as I will have to work late Tuesday and Wednesday...ugh. Will do my best to fit in all the workouts this week. Off to do back and biceps.....

Good Aftenoon!

I just finished running 8 miles!! Yeah ! I made it!!:D Thanks eveyone for cheering me on. That was so sweet and meant so much to me!
My legs are really sore now from lower body yesterday and now running today. I think I should take a rest day tomorrow.
Somebody asked me when the Half marathon is....end of Feb.

Belinda~I sure you remember you and your cute daughter from the 07 RT. How often do you get to see your kids? Yeah to dropping 2 lbs.:D

Lori~ Happy Birthday to your son!

Lorrie~You are THE Woman, working out so hard and lifitng heavy!:eek:

"See" you all tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.