Fitnessfreak's January Rotation for January 12, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,,

I am done with Pyramid Chest work **rest** and do it again but UP only then do the 72 drop set of pushups in GS Chest; Pyramid Triceps work **rest** and do it again but UP only then do the Close Grip Presses from GS Chest:p My chest is fried! I have to abs later, ran out of time!

Have a great day and workout! Gotta run:eek:

Imax 2 is done! I'm always the happiest when "Pina Coloda" starts...I can see the end at that point. Have a great day everyone.

Today was my 3 mile run and tomorrow I'll do chest and tris. It sounds brutal!!

I found my STS receipt and it was one year ago today exactly that I pre-ordered.:eek:

Melissa~ IMAX2 is my fav. I'm so jealous, but am trying to just stick to running until the half marathon. I remember meeting you on the bus on the RT.:D Will you go this year if there is one?

Have a great day!

Morning everyone!

Today was Chest & Tri's and I used the Pyramid and Gym Style workouts. Had an excellent workout. Also worked my Abs.

CHEST
Pyramids:
Dumbbell Flyes
ss/w
Dumbell Press: 20's/25's/30's/25's/20's - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
RESTED
Repeated but only did the up pyramid using 20's/25's/30's

Gym Style:
72 Drop Set of pushups
***I really thought I wouldn't be able to do these, but they actually seemed quite easy.

TRICEPS
Pyramids:
Double Arm Kickbacks: 8's/10's/12's/10's/8's - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
ss w/
Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 20#/25#/30#/25#/20# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
RESTED
Repeated but only did the up pyramid using 20#/25#/30#

Gym Style:
Close Grip Barbell Press: 60# - 3 sets/10 reps; last set had a bonus of 4 reps of 4 cts. up/4 cts. down.
***This only has 2 sets, I added a 3rd. Bonus reps were brutal.

ABS
Kick, Punch & Crunch
***I can't believe it but I couldn't finish the plank work. First time in a long time. She does 9 reps of roll ins and then pykes and I only could do 7.

Be back later for personals. :)

O.k...lets try this for the 3rd time!

I didn't get a chance to check in this weekend, it was a tad bit crazy around my house.

This was my workouts:

Friday- 45 Mins run (outside)
Saturday- 45 mins run (outside) PS legs standing work (still have DOMS)
Sunday -10 mile run (74 mins)

Todays workout was as planned

PUB Chest
12 reps- 15 lbs db's
10 reps - 20 lbs dbs
8 reps- 25 lbs dbs
10 reps -20 lbs db's
12 reps 15 lbs db's
12 reps- 15 lbs db's
10 reps- 20 lbs db's
6 reps - 25 lbs db's (struggled with these!)

All pushups on toes

PUB Tri's
Overhead press 15's, 20's 25's
Kickbacks 5's 8's 10's

Close grip press 40's

I also did 4DSKB and abs

BBL!
Lori:)

OUCH! After the workout today I had a tough time lifting my arms over my head to wash my hair!

PUB Chest:
12/15/20/15/12 - 1st round
12/15/20 - 2nd round - UP only

GS Chest:
Did the 72 drop pushups on my knees...ouch

PUB Triceps:
Round One:
5/12
8/15
10/20
8/15
5/12
Round Two:
5/12
8/15
10/20

GS Triceps
Close Griip BB Press - 30#

Didn't have time for the abs - I will do those tonight!

Good morning! Great workout this morning, plus some cardio. :)

CHEST
Pyramids:
Dumbbell Flyes
ss/w
Dumbbell Press: 15's/16.25's/20's/16.25's/15's - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
RESTED
Repeated but only did the up pyramid, same weights

Gym Style:
72 Drop Set of pushups
---I did them all on my toes until the 4 and 2 set- I figured better to have great form and go slowly than to do them on my toes all jacked up.

TRICEPS
Pyramids:
Double Arm Kickbacks: 6's/8's/9.25's/8's/6's - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
ss w/
Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 15#/16.25#/20#/16.25#/15# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
RESTED
Repeated but only did the up pyramid, same weights

Gym Style:
Close Grip Barbell Press: 45# - 3 sets/10 reps; last set had a bonus of 4 reps of 4 cts. up/4 cts. down.
---This is up from me using 40# last time- the bonus reps I had almost failure. Yikes, they were hard.

ABS
Kick, Punch & Crunch
---My chest was FRIED so the plank work was kind of wimpy- I only did the roll ins and quit early because my arms were shaking so much.

I'll check back in later- gotta run!

Debbie: I noticed on January 14th that you have Back work as up only on the Pyramid the second time, but not biceps and shoulders. Do we repeat Pyramid completely for those two or just up on the second time?

Today is my rest day so my DH and I went to Sports Authority and got a massage. :) No - they don't offer massages there - but they have those chair massagers and it feels good to sit in them every now and then. I fear they will catch on to us one of these times. :) Oh well.

LMAO!!! Too funny!!!

Debbie: I noticed on January 14th that you have Back work as up only on the Pyramid the second time, but not biceps and shoulders. Do we repeat Pyramid completely for those two or just up on the second time?

Just do the up only. I'll go change it when I get a few. Thanks for pointing that out.

Geez. Debbie the weights you use are amazing! (I can't imagine doing a chest press with 30 lb dumbbells...my hands hurt just thinking about it). It's no wonder you look incredible. Were you always able to lift somewhat heavy or did it take a lot of time to be able to work up to those weights?

I do the workouts regularly but I seem to be very limited in my upper body strength....especially chest and triceps. My legs are strong but I can't seem to increase the weights in my upper body work.

Today was my 3 mile run and tomorrow I'll do chest and tris. It sounds brutal!!

Melissa~ IMAX2 is my fav. I'm so jealous, but am trying to just stick to running until the half marathon. I remember meeting you on the bus on the RT.:D Will you go this year if there is one?

Have a great day!

I remember!! What a ball that was. I will be on the next one come He!! or high water. Good luck with your marathon training, and don't worry...Imax 2 will be waiting for you when you are ready for it :eek:

Geez. Debbie the weights you use are amazing! (I can't imagine doing a chest press with 30 lb dumbbells...my hands hurt just thinking about it). It's no wonder you look incredible. Were you always able to lift somewhat heavy or did it take a lot of time to be able to work up to those weights?

No, I wasn't always able to lift that heavy. But if you try to lift a little heavier with each workout, or one or two extra reps, it will come. I'm to a point now where I need to tone it down a bit due to injuries happening. I can bench over 100# but now when I do my right shoulder bothers me a lot. So I adjust as needed. Kind of bums me out, but really, who cares that I can lift over 100#? I just wanna look good! :p

Checking in with today's workout:

CHEST
Pyramids:

Dumbbell Flyes
ss/w
Dumbell Press: 12's/15's/20's/15's/12's - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
RESTED
Repeated but only did the up pyramid using 12's/15's/20's

Gym Style:
72 Drop Set of pushups
***I was able to do all of these on my toes except for 8 of them! A first for me.

TRICEPS
Pyramids:
Double Arm Kickbacks: 8's/10's/12's/10's/8's - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
ss w/
Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 17#/20#/23#/20#/17# - 12/10/8/10/12 reps
RESTED
Repeated but only did the up pyramid using 17#/20#/23#

Gym Style:
Close Grip Barbell Press: 40# - 3 sets/10 reps; last set had a bonus of 4 reps of 4 cts. up/4 cts. down.
***This was hard for me, I couldn't eek out the last 2 bonus reps

ABS
I opted for B&G stability ball since I didn't think my arms would hold me for the roll ins and pikes in KPC abs!

Then I shoveled snow....4"....my left trap is hurting don't know why as it started the night after a cardio workout.

Hey everyone...

This afternoon I did the PUB/GS mix for Chest & Triceps. OMG, those push-ups for me were KILLER after the chestwork! *Bows* to those who didn't have problems with them!! You guys are amazing! Lisa...Hi-5's on all those push ups on your toes ... mine were ALL on my knees and I struggled.

Definitely pushed it on chestwork, but I think the triceps didn't get worked as hard.

I also did the KPC abs, and surprise for ME, I was able to do the pull-ins and pikes! At the end I even thought "Is that it?" :p

Off to the shower & to slave in the kitchen....

Hi all, Today was cardio, the original BM, thru the power circuits, yesterday I did the chest and tricep work after all the shoveling I did on Sat, it was a struggle! But I prevailed! Tomorrow will be the back, shoulders and biceps, I'm kind of dreading and excited thinking about it! Have a good night. Mary

Pyramid Chest and Gym Style

Hello you guys. Today was a really good workout. I pushed myself on many of the excercises. I hope all of you had great ones today.

PYRAMID CHEST
Dumbbell Flyes/Press Combo: 15-20-25-20-15 2ND Pramid UP: 12-15-20

Gym Style:
72 Drop Set of pushups
I did these on my knees and I took little rest in between the sets. These were extremely hard for me.

PYRAMID TRI'S
Double Arm Kickbacks: 5-8-12-8-5 2ND Pyrmaid Up: Same

Overhead Dumbbell Ext.: 15-20-25 (Did not complete 25's)
2nd Pyramid UP: 12-15-20

Gym Style:
Close Grip Barbell Press: 40 - 2x10 (Did not do bonus.)

Did not do Abs today. Will work in tomorrow's workout.

Hi everyone,
I did my workout lifting as much as Cathe the first round and then lowered the second round.Not easy at all. Did KPC abs. Why can't I do the Pikes? Help on that one.
Veronika

Almost forgot to do the close grips. So I did it using a 35 pound barbell. I'm with you Debbie about just wanting to look good, but It is also impressive to be able to lift that heavy and tell everyone. I would like to brag about it and I would!!!!
Veronika

January 12, 2009 Check-in with Fitnessfreak and gang!

Good evening ladies!

Wow! Debbie I think you and Cathe kicked my butt good and proper with todays workout. Phew! Now that's intense, I loved it though.:p

PUB Chest:
10#,12#, 15#, then 12#'s, 10#'s Chest Flyes into bench press
I have to say that I did this twice with a rest inbetween and first time was very doable comfortably. The second time was a struggle to get through.

GS Chest: 72 Dropset pushups, that was very hard to finish, but I did!:D

PUB Tri's:

3#,5#,10#/ then #5,#3. Kick backs. These weren't hard for me which surprised me, I thought they would have been. I did this 1X through, rested, then repeated and still felt that it was very doable, chest was tough, I'm sure that could be used for 1RM. :p

And Seated Overhead Press:
I went heavier here. #12,#15,#20 then rested, and repeated, Pyramid down #15,#12. My tri's felt great!

GS Chest- Closed Grip Barbell Press
I did one set of 12 reps using 30#'s I thought that was a little light so I went up on the next set. Set 2 I used 35#'s 12 reps. The last couple of reps on set 2 where tough for me, but I got them done, Phew!;)

Ok, I admit that I'm insane I like ab work:eek: I did KPC Stabilitiy Ball Abs=7 min.

Overall it was a very challenging workout today. The chest work just about killed me:p My tri's seem to be able to handle it all much better than on the chest work, not sure why that is.

Oh I have a question. I've noticed that DOMS is used often. What the heck does that stand for or mean? Just curious and want to be in the loop.:p

Have a great evening ladies!

Hugs!:D

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.