Fitnessfreak's January Rotation for January 11, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good moring girls,

Today I am taking a rest day!

Yesterday I ended up doing 4DS HIS/LIS "Cardio Power" premix! I just love that one!:D

Debbie, how far are you with your 1RM? I haven't done one 1RM, yet:mad: I can't wait to try my new Sportsline HR moitor on Monday:D

Have a great weekend, evryone!

FROM YESTERDAY:

Debbie, did you order STS? Just curious. If you did, it would be great if you headed up a check-in once it arrives and those of us doing it get started. You are so motivating.

Annie

Annie, yes I did order STS. I want to really look it over before I start them to see what it is all about. Good idea on doing a checkin so maybe that can happen. I'll let you know!

Belinda - LOL! I don't do 1RM. I know what they are just by what I can lift on my strong days. I have a calculator I use to figure them out with how many reps I can do with a certain weight. I will use those when I start STS. Again, I need to watch some of it, learn it, and then I'll attack it.

Today is my rest day but I have to go to my dh's work and help him with the snow. Should be a good cardio workout. Guess I'm not really resting!

TTY all tomorrow! Have a great Sunday!

I am feeling my legs,hips,outer thighs from yesterdays PS leg workout. WOW. I never Thought I"d feel it everywhere like I am. Today is catch up day for me so I am doing cardio. I'll start here in a little bit.
Veronika

Good Morning Ladies!

Today is my rest day so I did Baron Baptiste's yoga.
I was able to get the battery replaced on my Polar HRM without sending it to the co. Spent $8. Yeah!:)

Belinda~I have done about 20 of my 1RM and am thinking about doing more the last week of January when this rotation ends. But, I don't plan to start STS until March 1 after the half marathon.

Debbie~Enjoy clearing the snow with DH! It is cold here today (33) but hardly EVER snows, and even then it just turns to ice which is dangerousto drive on and then the schools are closed.:p

Have a great day!

Hello! I'm in catch up mode, I did 4DS Cardio Power today ( that's a nice premix) and yesterday I did the Back/Bicep weights. My legs are still sore (especially my calves) from probably a combo of the skiing and then the leg workout 2 days ago.

Debbie, shoveling is definitely cardio! Especially if you get the heavy wet stuff. Most of ours here is light and fluffy until the spring time, also most of the time it dumps in the mountains and skips the city as it moves east, perfect!

I have to take my rest day on Tuesday. So today I did chest and tri's. I had to do all the push-ups on my knees, and I still couldn't do all 72. I can't imagine being strong enough to do them all on my toes.

This rotation is definitly pushing me out of my comfort zone with the weights. That's great.

It's also pushing me out of my comfort zone for cardio. I usually do 6 days of cardio. I know that's supposed to be way too much, but I feel if I don't I'll gain 20lbs overnight. This is a great experiment for me. (No, I havent gained 20lbs.)

Annie

Good afternoon! Rest day here, too. I am enjoying it, although it makes me antsy. I live for endorphins! :eek:

Annie: LOL at your 6 days of cardio and the secret fear of gaining 20 pounds overnight. ME TOO! But this has been great for me- I was overdoing cardio and doing too much endurance muscle work. I want to lift heavy and really see what I can do.

Enjoy that snow Debbie- I'm going to get my DVDs organized for tomorrow morning, play with the kids (and my niece) and bake some muffins for the kids.

Today is my rest day so my DH and I went to Sports Authority and got a massage. :) No - they don't offer massages there - but they have those chair massagers and it feels good to sit in them every now and then. I fear they will catch on to us one of these times. :) Oh well.

Not much else going on here. I need a nap!

Chat will you all tomorrow!

Here is my workout from yesterday.
LEGS
Front/Back Lunges w/u: 15's – 8 reps each leg front & back
Front Lunges: 25's – 8 reps each leg
Back Lunges: 25's – 8 reps each leg
Static Lunges: 65# – 2 sets/16 reps
Plie Squats : 25# DB – 20 reps, 30# DB - 16 reps
Cathe does them side to side. I used one DB and just did them stationary.
Plie Squats: 65# BB - 16 reps/8 static holds/8 singles
Step Ups w/ 6 Risers: 15's – 1 set/12 reps, 20# - 1 set /12 reps
Squats: 75# - 16 singles/4 static holds/8 singles
Sit & Stands w/ 6 Risers: – 70# - 10 reps
***Did an extra set of SQUATS: 70# - 12/10
Qtr. Deadlifts: 65# - 2 sets/12 reps
Calf Raises: – 3 sets/32 reps each set.
Inner Thigh Raises
**5 lb AW
Outer Thigh Raises
**5 lb AW
Hamstring Presses w/2 risers: 10# plate in lap/54 reps
One Leg Press w/2 risers
***Skipped these, and did glute squeezes on stability ball

ABS
Pure Strength Legs Ab Workout

I did Step Blast today for cardio. Wanted to do it again this week to work on getting the steps down and I did just fine. Only a couple mis-steps. Dang that's a good workout! I was sweating! Felt it in my booty after doing PS legs yesterday!

All caught up for this week on the rotation.

Check ya all tomorrow. Off to watch the Chargers beat the Steelers! :)

Hey ladies,

I did the chest tri ab workout scheduled for tomorrow. I usually take my rest day mid week....so I'm pulling it forward.

Man, those drop set pushups were very difficult today for some reason. I had a tough time getting through them. But overall it felt like a good workout. I've yet to make my Pikes look like Cathes. Mine are more like a ....um....pathetic butt-ups.

Snow hit hard last night. It just looks so great, but driving in it is nuts.

Happy Sunday night.

A Wonderful Day of Rest

Hey everyone. I am happy to have a rest day especially since I didnt get the sleep I need this weekend. I had some guests who like to be up late. I went to bed but it is hard for me to sleep when others all still shuffling around. I am going to appreciate my sleep tonight. It is about 8 now. I will probably head to bed at around 8:30.

My neighbor and I did take our dogs for a walk today. I guess it wasn't a total rest, but it was a nice casual walk.

See you guys tomorrow. Lets hit it again hard this week. Good night.

Ahhh.... I am caught up! After my unexpected rest day on Friday, I got my cardio in tonight. I just did 25 min on the TM followed by TBS seg 2. I am still working through the couch to 5K rotation and I competed week 3! Yippee!! Only 6 more to go!

Looking forward to some good, challenging weight work tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.