Fitnessfreak's January Rotation for January 10, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

Today is a 60 min. cardio on the rotation, not sure what cardio I will do today? DH will be here soon, he flew in form the states. I will have a HR monitor, yah! I hope I’ll better get moving!

Oh! No DOMS in my legs today!I am surprised!

Talk to you all later!

Have a great weekend and workout!

4DS Cardio Power Premix from Boot Camp/HIS

Hey everyone. I have been up since 5:30 am. Didn't get much sleep last night but decided to go ahead and get this workout thing on. I had a good workout. I even did some full pushups on the last cylce of bootcamp. I wish everyone a wonderful weekend.

HMR STATS
Time: 55 min
Calories: 699
Max: 187
Avg: 164
In Zone: 35 min
Fat: 25%

Excellent calorie burn Mindy! I think I would have done 5 jumping jacks or something to get it to 700. :p

My workout will be this afternoon- off to swim class with the kids.

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies!

I just came home from my 7 mile training run. It was quite cold for Texas. Wind chill of 24 and 24 mph winds!!!:eek:
I ended up doing PS Legs yesterday after school. I thought I would be sore today from it, but am surprisingly not. I used my weighted vest with the bbl.
I miss doing other Cathe cardio, but think I just need to concentrate on running so I'll be ready for the half marathon.

Belinda~Yeah to getting a new HRM. Enjoy! That was sweet of your DH.

I changed my avatar.:D This was from the finish of the Chicago marathon 03.

Have a great day everyone!

Got my wish for snow today!!! :eek: Holy crap!!! We got like 6" so far and we are suppose to get like 5-8" more! WOW!!! I feel bad for my dh because he has to keep up with it al at his work and it takes him ove 3 hrs to do it. When he gets done this morning he'll have to go back later this afternoon and start all over. He hates Ohio. LOL!

Feeling great today. I had cardio on tap for today so I chose Cardio Coach #1 and then Challenge #4 from Cardio Coach #6 w/Candace. What a great mix. I'm going to make it a permanent mix on my mp3 player when I get time.

Cardio stats:
52 minutes total
2 minutes below zone
22 minutes in zone
28 minutes above zone
436 calories burned!!!
3.1 miles travelled

Hope you all have a great weekend. I'm done now until Monday! I will try to catch up with personals here shortly.

Slept in a little later today because I know me and my DH will be out late tonight.

I pounded out the 4DS Kickbox/Bootcamp cardio and then followed that with SJP Abs. (missed abs yesterday due to time). I ended up burning 857 cals so I felt pretty darn good! Our dog was in the living room when I was working out and when I went to do the bootcamp suicides and kept running back and forth across the room he was just looking up at me (going back and forth, back and forth) like I was crazy! lol It almost made me stop because I wanted to laugh when I saw him watching.

Two weeks down - two more to go. I hope we get STS soon!

FROM THURSDAY AND FRIDAY'S CHECKIN:

Thanks everyone about my Oxygen feature. It was cool to do. I appreciate all your comments on it.

And those of you who don't post because you workout late in the evening, PLEASE post your workouts! I go back and re-read these threads each morning when I get time. I love to see how everyone is progressing.

Debbie, in answer to your question, I don't know exactly what the cause of this pain is. I actually had the same problem about a year ago, and after being in pain for over a month, I finally went to the doctor. Of course when you mention chest pain, they automatically think, heart or breast issues. I had just had a mamo. which was normal, so anything with that was rulled out. Then, they had me go for an echo-cardiogram, which also came back normal. I don't know if it's partly due to anxiety which I tend to suffer from, but the pain on my left rib makes me think otherwise. I've been feeling a little better, so hopefully the time off will be good for me. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for asking :)

Hi Iris! Wow, that is weird. I would think the rib pain is more then just anxiety. I've had anxiety issues in the past and had my heart check (and they did find something wrong with my aeortic valve but that had nothing to do with the anxiety) and there is a huge difference between muscle pains/bone pains and anxiety. Doctors make me so mad. They should have done a CAT scan or x-rays on you to see if anything was tore or cracked. I hope you feel better soon, I know what it's like to not be able to lift. It sucks!

Checking in -

Did 60 min on the TM yesterday.
Today I followed LainieFig's and Debbie's worksheets for PS Legs. I then did abs from a S&H Legs. Very nice w/o.
Enjoy your day, ladies!

I'm glad to see someone is using the sheets I wrote out. Was it easy for you to follow??? I hope I was able to explain the exercises correctly. Nice job on the workouts, Hot Pants!

Well I have to thank this Check In and Mindymelt especially for the motivation today! I seriously felt "blah" from PMS and lack of sleep and overwhelmed with weekend stuff. I thought I'd try a "Saturday off", but came here, read your post, and got my buttocks downstairs and cranked out 4DS: Cardio Power! Nice!!! And I feel great that i did it! My HRM said 738 cals burned, but I think it's a little high. At LEAST 600!!

Guess that will take care of my chocolate "meltdown" last night! :p

Debbie... Enjoy your snow! It's coming our way (Massachusetts) tonight! I'm HOPING beyond hope it cancels my son's CCD tomorrow, otherwise i'll be up for 30 hrs straight! :eek:

Great calories burns today, All!!

I failed to mention, my legs from PS yesterday are KILLING me! It was hard to do the warm up from KB. But once they warmed up, it was ok.

I think the 10 lb vest made the difference!

AND, my abs are kickin too!

Thanks Deb!

Hi everyone,
I missed my leg workout last night so I had to take a rest day. Today, in a bit I will work out my legs and I'll do cardio tomorrow.

Gin, where do you live in Texas? and where is the Cowtown Marathon taking place?

Patti, where do you take your children to swim lessons?

Debbie, I want snow. Yesterday, it was 78 degrees and today the high will only be 55. This weather drives me crazy because you have to have your winter clothes and summer out to be ready. I would just like to have some freezing weather here for about 3 months.

Mindy, you did burn a lot of calories! Excellent.

Off to working out legs and abs.

Veronika

Veronika~
I am in Ft. Worth and the "Cowtown" marathon takes place here. Cowtown is the nickname for Ft. Worth. Do you live in TX also?

Veronika: We go the local Y- my husband takes our DD (3 1/2) and I take DS (almost 2). It's fun, but honestly sort of a hassle, too. But it wears the kids out and is something to do in the winter. Plus, hey, they have to learn to swim sometime! :)

Debbie: I'm in Ohio too! I didn't know that.

Wow, great calorie burns everyone! I'm looking forward to it this afternoon- DH thinks I'm crazy because I WANT to do suicides, but I DO I DO! :p

HILARIOUS!!!!!

Excellent calories burn Mindy! I think I would have done 5 jumping jacks or something to get it to 700. :p

My workout will be this afternoon- off to swim class with the kids.

I tell you at first I will admit I was slow to get this. I thought, wow, She has an awesome metabolism to burn that amount of calories from 5 jumping jacks :)o). Let's chalk it up to lack of sleep. You are right though. I should have just stood there a second or two more to even it out. LOL. Hope swimming goes well, Orphylea. Is that your actual name? If I have it pronounced correctly, it is a pretty name.

Just Part of the Circle of Support

Well I have to thank this Check In and Mindymelt especially for the motivation today! I seriously felt "blah" from PMS and lack of sleep and overwhelmed with weekend stuff. I thought I'd try a "Saturday off", but came here, read your post, and got my buttocks downstairs and cranked out 4DS: Cardio Power! Nice!!! And I feel great that i did it! My HRM said 738 cals burned, but I think it's a little high. At LEAST 600!!......................

I know what you me Boingo1 about receiving motivation from the posters. I know one day this week I looked at my weight on the scale and I kind of got a little down. I had already missed the window of opportunity to do a morning workout. After the scale drama, I was not in the mood to do the evening workout. So I got on the checkin forum and I was about to go on a "woe-is-me" complaining rampage, but then I saw FitnessFreak had replied to mine and others posts of recent acheivements from previous check-ins. I tell you it was like a big reality CYBER SLAP. It just got me back on the mission. It reminded me to focus on what is good and continue to work and I will eventually see the long term goals acheived as well. I tell you I really appreciate FitnessFreak and all of you guys that keep hanging in there with me day by day. Have a good one.

I got in my 60 minutes of cardio first thing this morning. I am having so much fun doing this rotation with everyone that I couldn't even sleep in. I had to get up and get on it! I alternated between the treadmill and the stairmaster.

Debbie, did you order STS? Just curious. If you did, it would be great if you headed up a check-in once it arrives and those of us doing it get started. You are so motivating.

Annie

Hello Ladies,

It's snowing pretty hard here today. I've had to make a couple of trips out there playing cab, and also to shovel a little snow, fun, fun, lol.

Thanks Debbie. It is a strange kind of pain. It does seem to be subsiding with the rest, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If it continues, I'll have my doctor run further tests when I see her next month. I am soo stuborn, but finally gave in to the rest.

I almost feel like a whimp posting here with all of you ladies working soo hard. But today was cardio, so I'll go ahead post. I did Jillian Michael's "30 Day Shred" for the first time. I did 2 "20 Minute" segments. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised by the calorie burn :) I also did get a little strength training in with that.

Have a great day everyone.

Checking in -

Did the Cardio Power from KB/BC. You know, that was a really great workout. Although, my HRM says I burned about 460 calories - way below what I'm seeing others post. Oh well.
Yes, Debbie, your worksheet really helped. LainieFig had the exercise and weight, but only combining that info with your rep counts and details made me want to attempt it as opposed to putting in S&H or something.
I'll be out of touch for a couple of days because of work, but I'll do my best to continue the rotation.
Way to go ladies!

Checking in with PS Legs and Abs. I took an unscheduled rest day yesterday and will do cardio tomorrow to make up what I missed. I really like PS, but I start to wonder if Cathe forgets about me during the floor work. Those reps go on and on and on.....

Debbie and Patti, I am in Ohio, too and enjoying the snow! I took my kids sledding this morning. They had a blast! Then we had some delicious hot chocolate. Fun, fun!

Have a great weekend, all!

Hello everyone.

I did not want to work out my legs today because most of you did them yesterday. Also, I really don't like to work my legs. But now that I am done I am so happy.

Debbie, I saw that you don't like the leg floor exercises but I love them. Those have to be my favorite. I feel the work in my hips, inner thighs and my knees do not hurt. When I do standing leg work, I just have to concentrate real hard to feel it and can't wait for the set to be over. Funny how we differ, isn't it?
I'm with Annie on the STS Debbie. I am so motivated to workout with all of you and feel like I'm in a club. I wish you would put a schedule to get our IRM's in. I have only done shoulders so far. Don't want to do the others until I have to.
Patti, your hands are busy. So the swimming is more recreational than a parent tot class, am I right? That is fun especially if your hubby is with you and the children.
Gin, I thought that was Fort Worth but I wasn't sure. A lot of the festivals that Fort worth puts on use that name. I used to live in Mesquite and we would go to the zoo there.Also, I have two very close friends that live there but they always come here to Midland to visit me. I guess I haven't been to Fort Worth in at least 5 years. I am planning to go to Dallas in about 2 months to visit some friends that live there and my FW friends will be joining me. Again, I won't be in FW. How sad. I like FW. So, I guess I do live in Texas- Midland to be exact.
Debbie, I went to school in Cambridge Springs, PA. It was close to Meadville, Edinburgh,and about an hour away from Erie,PA. Do you live anywhere close to that? We used to go into Ohio over the weekends because of the lower drinking age there. I don't think that is true anymore. I can't believe I went to college to drink. Glad those days are over.I did have fun though too.Did I mention I'm done with my leg workout. Veronika

Hey all...Happy Saturday! It was the cardio Power from 4DS. Boy that on top of PS legs yesterday really has the legs and glutes yelling at me. I was pretty psyched, I burned 570 calories today! The snow missed us today. But I'm sure it will catch up with us tomorrow.

Have a great night.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.