Fitnessfreak's January Rotation for January 1, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

Hope you all had a Happy and safe New Year! I know I did, LOL! I went to bad around 1:45 a.m:mad: I guess I am getting old, LOL!

I will do KM today! My UB is very sore today!

Have a great day and workout! Let's make 2009 a healhy one!

Good Morning!

I am a day behind, so today was PUB and MM back and bis. I was really dreading all of those bicep curls (there must have been 100!!), but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I went to bed at 10:30!:p
Happy New Year to All!
Have a great day!:)

I just posted on the wrong thread...sigh. I'm so blond.

Have a happy new year everyone! I did not get up early for KM- will do it this afternoon while the kids nap and DH is around to wrangle them if naps don't work.

My biceps are sore today- good stuff!

Gin: I went to bed at 11:00! :)

Good Morning,

Today is KM low impact kickbox. Back and biceps hurt today. I went to bed at 9:30 now that is old.

Morning everyone. I just read the rest of yesterday's thread and I just want to say how proud I am of each and every one of you. You are all doing so great, pushing yourselves and working to your full potential. There is no other outcome to this but RESULTS! And you will see them. Awesome job, everyone! This is so fun and I am honored you are all following me!

Today was cardio and I did Cardio Coach #2 revised. Had an excellent workout. My HRM was actin up with my last workout so I had my dh poke another hole in the watch strap to tighten it and I tighteded my chest strap. Hopefully that was the problem. It kept my HR perfectly. I'm excited! I really love that watch.

Cardio Stats:
40 minutes
5 minutes below zone
15 minutes in zone
23 minutes above zone
348 calories burned
2.25 miles travelled

The calorie burn still blows me away. None of my other HRM ever read this high.

Have a great day everyone! I'm cleaning and we are going shopping to see if we can get some deals on Christmas stuff.

Wow, my left bicep has been talking to me all day long! It is strange that I feel it so much more in one than the other...
Anyway, Debbie, I'm curious, and hope you don't mind this question: why no floor work with legs? Is it for time? I am really thankful for you for developing this rotation and following it along with us. It is fantastic.
Cookie

Yep, no floor work due to time. I feel the standing portion of PLB is enough. When you do PS work, there is floorwork in that one.

Ok, Debbie I have to ask if you noticed Muscle Max feeling easier after Pyramid Upper body in all the various sections. Man, if you can't feel the burn after that I don't know, you'd have to be Superman, Cathe, or Debbie. ;)

LOL! I have no clue. And my biceps aren't too sore today. I thought they would be. It's more in my forearms then my biceps.

Happy New Year!!!!

greenstars.gif

Toasted in the New Year with 3 crazy boys (2 of my one & one of their friend)s and my youngest passed out on the couch, and is horrified he missed the ball drop!

Did KM, the entire way through with the leg drills (were we supposed to do the leg drills?) The kick/punch drills aren't too bad, but by the 8th blast, I'm dying!! (you know that point when you're doing tough cardio and you feel a little queasy? that's what happens on the 8th drill!)

It feels good to be in a New Year, and "healthy" is everywhere you look!

Checking in with imax 3 -- kind of random, I know -- I'm doing IMAX Friday early this month.

My biceps are really sore!!! But not my back -- I'm not going heavy enough there, I can tell.

happy new year!!

-Beth

And my biceps aren't too sore today. I thought they would be. It's more in my forearms then my biceps.

Haven't worked out yet today -- unless you count chipping and shoveling the ice form my 200'-long driveway.

Debbie - tell me your thoughts on this - input from my trainer. She had me once doing barbell curl dropsets for biceps. At one point I said my forearms were more fried than my bi's. She told me that when your forearms burn it's because your wrists are curling in - which takes the some load off of the biceps. She now has me concentrate on almost turning my fingers back towards the floor as I'm curling - with either dumbells or a barbell. I was amazed at how much more I get biceps DOMS when I really focus on that. Just a thought. Will BBL after my w/o.

Hi, just finished legs and shoulders. Wow, tough w/o! I was glad we didn't have to do the floor work, that's for sure! My calves are talking to me too! Have a good day. Mary

Didn't get yesterdays workout in until 6:00 p.m...but a least I did it right?
Added in some pull-ups....

BACK
Started with pull-ups: wide grip- 2 unassisted, 2 chin-ups unassisted then 3/3 assisted p-ups

Pyramid workout:
Pullovers: 25#/30#/30#/30#/25#
Double Arm Rows: 25#/30#/30#/30#/25#

Pull-Ups: 5 wide grip assisted, 5 close grip assisted

Muscle Max workout:
Barbell Rows: 55# - 12/10/10
One Arm Rows: 30# - 8 reps, 25# - 10 reps
Pullovers: 30# barbell - 10 reps, 8 reps

BICEP
Pyramid workout:
Hammer Curls: 12's/15's/20's/15's/12's
Traditional DB Curls: 12's/15's/20's/15's/12's

Muscle Max workout:
Barbell Curls: 40# - 8 reps 4/4 ct.; 40# - 6 reps 4/4 ct.
Dumbbell Partial reps: 10's - 8 partials up then down; 4 partials up then down; 4 reps 4/4 ct. all the way up and down.

ABS
Ab Hits – Power Hour

Will run on TM later today. Didn't go to bed until 1:30 a.m....need another cup of coffee!

Checking in with the first 6 intervals of Imax 2. Afterward I treated myself to a Stretch Max segment.

I have a little DOMS in my biceps today, but not as much as I anticipated. Heh...I went to bed at 11 last night. DH was surprised, "What are you doing? Aren't you staying up for the New Year?!" I told him I couldn't afford to lose sleep with this month's rotation. :D

Happy New Year Everyone.

My Cardio workout is done. I did Kickmax Low Impact premix. I forgot about the leg conditioning drills in Kickmax. Hopefully my legs will be good to go for tomorrows leg workout.

Since I did KM last week, I opted for the 4DSKB/BC combo, followed by a 30-minute TM jog. Felt really good.

Today is my rest day. I must have needed it, I fell asleep on the couch last night at 7:30 watching a movie and then got up at 9 and went to bed. An exciting new year for me. :D:eek:

Hey everyone! I just finished KM!

Here are the stats:
Workout time: 1:14
743 calories
30% fat
Average HR: 83% of max

Have a great evening! I plan on dinner, shower and bed. :)

I stayed up too late last night, and am feeling sluggish today. I just wasn't up to 60 minutes of cardio, so I did 4DS KB, followed by the core work (felt like I needed it).

41 minutes
11 minutes in zone
71% of max on average
329 calories burned, 45% from fat

I'm so proud of myself for getting my workout in today...I'm beat!

I just finished Rythmic Step and have forgotten how much fun it is! Wore my HRM and burned 465 calories!!!

I'm just hoping my legs aren't talking to me tomorrow!:eek::eek::eek:

Happy 2009 to all!:D

Checking in with 25 min on the TM walk/run intervals and 4DS KB. I couldn't find my HRM watch so I can't report my stats. I got good and sweaty, though! :) My biceps are sore, sore, sore after yesterday. Looking forward to tomorrow's leg and shoulder work. Debbie, are we supposed to do 4DS shoulder work as well, or just the calves? Thanks so much!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.