"Fitnessfreak's January Rotation for Dec. 30"

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

I just came back from Munich, taking my kids to the airport! Two weeks went by so fast, I miss them already:( I wished my kids stayed longer, we had so much fun!

I have no engery, I need a nap soon! I will do my workout later this afternoon/ evening!

Enjoy your workout and day!

Good morning! I did the Step Blast / SJ&P step/hi lo premix- never did this premix before. It was fun! I love this new HRM- I did VO2 max testing a month or so ago, so I know my max HR and a few other stats. It's nice to think that I burn that many calories. Woo hoo!

659 calories burned
25% from fat

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning!

Loved this premix!

59 Minutes
High: 97% of Max, Average: 83% of Max
616 Calories Burned, 30% from fat

This morning I did Cardio Coach #7. i wanted to do the workout scheduled but my right knee has been bugging me. Had an excellent workout. Had a little bout with my HRM but after I reset it (15 minutes into the workout) it was fine. Not sure what happened.

Cardio stats:
45 minutes (w/o was actually an hour)
2 minutes below zone
18 minutes in zone
30 minutes above zone
444 calories burned - Woo hoo! Like this calorie burn reading!
3.75 miles travelled

Belinda - Can I ask why your kids don't stay with you? If that's too personal I understand. Just wondering.

Well - I managed to get up this morning with the rest of you and get my workout in. I did the step blast premix - however my dvd is a little overused and does not always function the way it should. It seemed to be jumping around from one section to another - seemed like aliens had taken over my dvd player. Anyway - I still managed to do whatever played. 679 cals burned. I feel good.

Today is my hubbies big 30 birthday! Taking him out to one of our favorite Italian restaurants tonight.

Good Morning,

Tonite is the stepblast step jump premix looking forward to it. I have major DOMS in my chest thanks Debbie.

Roxie: Me too on the chest DOMS. Thanks Debbie! Ha, how funny that I thank you for pain. :)

Fitvix: Have fun at hubby's birthday dinner tonight! 30 is a nice age...I'm almost 35 (in about a week).

I like how we all have HRM stats now- fun to compare. I'll start posting my average HR too. I always like reading everyone else's summaries.

You all are so funny about being in pain. I, on the other hand, hardly feel anything at all today. My chest is a bit sore, but nothing like I usually like to feel.

I read everyone's posts from yesterday and you all had me LMAO!!!! I love reading your comments on the workouts. And I'm glad you are all enjoying it so far. I think this is going to be a fun rotation.

Welcome to the new comers, too!!!! It's good to see some new faces and I'm glad you are all enjoying this!!! I am too! :D

No need to brag about how strong you are Debbie! :) (we know you are superwoman in disguise!)

I too enjoy reading everyones posts. Although I work out by myself - by having these checkins it seems like I am working out with everyone posting here. It is very motivating! (to know that I am not the only sore one!) :)

BTW - I liked the switching of DVD's too - it was a nice break until the next DVD round of exercises. I think my husband got his hopes up that I was done working out when I went to take out the DVD. HAHA! I think I had him confused after the 3rd switch. :)

Checking in -

I'm actually a day ahead - I didn't take 2 rest days last week. I know my schedule will foul somthing up sooner or later and I'll need an unexpected "rest" day, so..... I kept plugging away at the rotation.
Was a little stiff from the chest workout. I thought it would be more frustrating than it was switching discs back and forth, but it worked out just fine.
I love SB. I'm not so big with the floor aerobics (I don't think I'll ever do the floor work again from MIC) So at the end when we got 2 Hi/Los back to back, I went to the menu and did the SB challenge instead.
I'll try to start posting my stats from my HRM. I just got it and I need to see how to revisit my stats once it does the summary at the end of the workout. I don't know how to recall them once they've flashed on the screen.
Thanks, ladies.

I did Cardio Coach Vol. 4.

Belinda, I wish your kids a safe trip home. :)

Fitvix, Happy Birthday to your husband! I really like my 30s. I look back and wish my 20 year old self had my 38 year old brain.

My chest and tris are yapping at me a little bit, but I can still brush my teeth, so I'm okay. :eek:

I'm too lazy to use a HRM.

Hi All! Count me in the crowd who's fried from yesterday! Last night I previewed the cardio premix for today -- excited to do a new on that combined step blast, my first Cathe -- but I realized it wouldn't work well for me -- getting the step out of the way and then back in -- my room is just not big enough (ok, well, the room is, but there's too much other crap in it! :confused:). So I did powerstrike 5 for the first time. When I was done I checked my hrm and realized I hadn't done nearly enough to make up for all of the extra eating lately, so I added on 40 minutes of kettlebell work. In the end my hrm claims I burned a total of 559 calories. More like it!
Have a great day everyone!

-Beth

Hi everyone! Since I'm not a big fan of hi/lo either I decided on cardio coach 4 adding in challenge 3 from CC1 totaling 57 mins. Lori, we may have been doing CC4 at the same time! ;) And just like Lori I'm too lazy to use a HRM too but I think the stats you get are cool. Lori must be my long lost twin. :p I saved chest/tris for tomorrow so maybe I'll get to hear them yap at me later in the week. :D

Hi there, I am actually a day ahead of all of you, I did cardio yesterday and the back and biceps today. My arms are still shaking! The biceps on PUB always get me, it was nice to have a rest while changing dvd's! It is nice being accountable to all of you! Mary

Have not done my cardio yet. I will at 12 noon.
Fitvix, I thought that was so funny that you were throwing your husband off by switching out your DVDs. My children thought I was doing two workouts simultaneously since I had one in the dvd player and the other on the laptop.
My chest is yapping at me too. Not so much with my tri's. But I feel it a little in my back. Still I really like the feeling. Actually,I love it.
I do not have the workout for cardio today. What can I sub for it?
Debbie, You must not be doing the workout right if you don't feel anything today.We need to talk.

Veronika

Hi all. I did the SB/SJP circuit - that was FUN! I also had never done this one before. Then I got in legs and shoulders with my trainer. OH MY -- I feel like a bowl of jello right now.

I don't have a HRM to know my calories and % capacity, etc.

I am thinking about hitting a spin class this evening. Debbie - I would welcome your thoughts on how much cardio YOU think is too much cardio. (I do go somewhat heavier with my trainer -- like 125 for squats, 205 for deadlifts, etc, so I'm working on the muscle end of things.)

Great stuff in this rotation! Thanks.

HI Girlies!

Just getting ready to start my workout:) DH took DS out with him so I think I am good to go...unless he brings him back before I start:confused::D

I don't have SJP on dvd so I can't do the premix. I am thinking about getting on the TM for a run. I wish it was a little warmer out so I could run outside:confused: I guess that won't be happening anytime soon.

I have some DOMS from yesterday but nothing I can't handle. My back and shoulders also feel it:rolleyes: Hmmmmm????

Debbie** The reason why Belindas kids don't live with her is b/c Belinda lives in Germany (military) while her kids stayed in the U.S.They are both grown and in school I beleive.Hope Belinda didn't mind me answering her question.I wasn't sure if she was going to be back today.

Must get my workout started!
Lori:)

I am thinking about hitting a spin class this evening. Debbie - I would welcome your thoughts on how much cardio YOU think is too much cardio. (I do go somewhat heavier with my trainer -- like 125 for squats, 205 for deadlifts, etc, so I'm working on the muscle end of things.)

Great stuff in this rotation! Thanks.

How many hours of cardio do you do a week? And what is your body type?

Debbie** The reason why Belindas kids don't live with her is b/c Belinda lives in Germany (military) while her kids stayed in the U.S.They are both grown and in school I beleive.Hope Belinda didn't mind me answering her question.I wasn't sure if she was going to be back today.

Must get my workout started!
Lori:)

Thanks Lori!

Hi guys, I've decided to pass on this rotation (though carefully saving it for the future!) and do the rotation I'd originally planned to do. I'd spent the last few days going back and forth between the two and decided last night to go back to my original plan. Truth is there's just too many wonderful rotation possibilities out there and being a rotation junkie I want to try dozens of them. LOL

Enjoy your month of pain! And Debbie thanks again for all your great rotations.

How many hours of cardio do you do a week? And what is your body type?

I'm primarily endo with some meso characteristics too. Def pear shape. I go for about 6 hours of cardio a week, usually in the form of an itread or CC on the TM, then elliptical, then spin class, TM, elliptical, spin - rest on day 7. Of course when I throw in a Cathe cardio or circuit that's usually in addition to my other cardio. Thanks Debbie.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.