Fitnessfreak's December/January Rotation for Feb. 9, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning everyone,

Today I will do Chest and Triceps using Gym Styles and the Pyramids workouts!

Be back later to report my workout!

Have a great workout and day!

Hi again,

I am done with my workout! I will be back later to post it, I hope:rolleyes: I am running out of time, Gotta run!

Good morning. I thought I would try some of the December rotation this week so I did 4DS chest and back and then the core work from 4DS kickbox.

Have a good day and a good workout everyone.

Debbie-I hope you are feeling better this week!

Bev

Good Morning,

Tonite will be PLB and BM 2 abs. Since starting this rotation I have lost 1lb.

Debbie-Hope you are feeling better. I would like to try the Slow and Heavy series but don't know how to use it effectively what would you suggest?

Bev-good job on the workout.

Belinda-good job on your workout.

Everyone have a good day.

Hi you all, I am back. Hope you don't mind me posting my workouts here. Not doing any Cathe workouts so I hope that's ok.

Ok, I'm starting my leaning out process now. Got a long ways to go. My stats are:

136 pounds !!! :eek:

20.2% body fat!!! :eek:

Goal is 125-128 pounds; 15-17% body fat. Preferrably 15%.

I'm doing a rotation I got from the M&F Hers Magazine. I am changing it to fit the way I want it to work. Basically it has you doing weights 6 days a week with hardly any cardio. I like that plan, but don't want to do cardio on my off day which is how they have it laid out.

So this is how I will do it:

Monday: Chest, Shoulders, Tri's
Tuesday: Legs; Cardio
Wednesday: Back, Biceps
Thursday: Cardio
Friday: Chest, Shoulders, Tri's
Saturday: Back, Biceps
Sunday: Rest

I'm hoping this will be ok. They have you workout out 3 days on 1 day off but I like Sunday's off and don't want to change that.

I'll tweak it as I go along.

Todays workout:

Got on the treadmill for 10 minutes for my warmup. Never done this before, it felt good. Just did a light jog.

CHEST
Bench Press:
65# - 15/15 (warmup)
80# - 10
82# - 10
85# - 8

Incline Dumbbell Press:
30's - 10
32's - 10
35's - 9

SHOULDERS
Arnold Press:
12's - 15/15 (warmup)
15's - 10
17's - 10
20's - 8
***Was careful with these. Rotator cuff still tight.

Lateral Raise:
8's - 10/10/10
***Wimpy, I know. This exercise really bothers my rotator cuff and today was no exception. Very frustrating.

TRICEPS
Close Grip Barbell Press:
55# - 15/15
60# - 10
62# - 10
65# - 10
***Love this exercise!!!

Lying Tricep Extensions:
45# - 10
47# - 10
50# 9
***Love this one too!!!

That is all...

Felt awesome to workout again!!

Last edited:
Hi Debbie,

I love reading your posts like everyone else! If you don't add cardio and just do the weights you still be able to lean out and lose the extra weight like you want to? How does that work?

Thanks, and have a great day!

Today was B&G's for me! I love the leg workout - but what is up with no calf work?? Anyway, I was able to do all of the leg workout but will need to do the abs later on today when I get home. That workout is a little longer than I remember! I did burn 469 calories so I felt pretty good.

Debbie - its good to have you back!

Debbie it is good to have you back its your checkin so you can do whatever you want we just like to see your workouts it inspires the rest of us.

Hey everyone! I did Muscle Max abs and Gym Styles Legs today- I've been doing legs twice a week and this workout every Monday. I really like it and like that I've been able to focus on it this rotation. I used the squat rack today and really liked it.

Standing Leg Work
Squats- 3 sets of 16 / 75#
Squats- Bonus reps- 75#
Front Lunges- 2 sets / 15s
Bonus reps- 15s
Rear Lunges- 15s
Plie Squats- 2 sets / vest + 27.5s
--I need to use the BB for these I think- the DBs are kind of awkward at this weight
Leg Press Band- 2 sets / Purple band + 5 risers
Deadlift toes elevated- 75#
Deadlift on platform- 75#
--I'm not sure how I can go heavier with these- hurts my arm joints to hold the weight
Slow motion lunges- 11.25s
--I keep inching the weight up on these- killer. But in doing them every week, it's been a bit easier. :)
Calf raises- no weight

Floor work
Did it all using purple band

I love reading everyone's workouts. Debbie, so good to see you over here again. Have a great day!

Last edited:
Hi gang! :D

I'm doing my evening check-in with ya.

Today's Workout-
Cardio Coach Vol.2 Revised -37 min
Calories burned-338
Distance-2.60 miles

4DS-LIS-ABS Only= 10 min

4DS-LIS-Back and Biceps Premix#9= Do 1 time through, then repeat all= 50 min. 410 calories burned.

Superman's + 1Arm Rows- DB #12 16 R 1S each arm
#25 8 R 1S each arm

1-Arm DB Rows- #25 8R 1S each side

BC Biceps #1 BB #35 8R 1S
#2 BB #35 8R 1S Halfway ups
#3 BB #30 8R 1S
Reverse curls DB #12 10R 1S

BB Rows #35 8R 2S

Incline Hammer Curls on ball= #12 12R 1S
DB Seated Dbl Arm Hammer Curls on the Ball= #12 8R 1S

Incline Pullovers- #15 10R 1S

Hanging Concentration Curls #15 12R 1S
Wrist Curls #10 8R 2S

T-band flys- Various counts and reps. I did what cathe and gang did.

Well, that's it. I might have to lay off the weights the rest of the week. I think I have tendonitis in my elbow. It bugs me when I do wts. Oh well. I hope everyone else is doing great and having a great Monday.

p.s. Hi Debbie, its so nice to have you back. I'm glad your feeling better.:D

Hugs!:D

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.