Fitnessfreak's December/January Rotation for Feb. 6 , 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

I will do PS legs + abs today! I also will do a few 1RM! I am so slow with those!:rolleyes:

Have a great workout and day! BBL!

Today was High Step Challenge. I have to admit that I don't think I've ever really done this one before. My hamstrings were already super sore with DOMS from two days ago so I'm not sure how they held up for the leg presses in this workout. HSC was really fast paced and I had to stop lollie gagging to keep up! :) I matched Cathes weights for the most part - except for the barbell curls - I went much lighter on those. I also went heavier in weights for the chest flys - however once we got into them I was dying. She does all of those low-end presses that just killed me! Anyway - I burned 610 calories according to my HRM (which, was annoying the crap out of me this morning because it kept wanting to NOT take my heart rate. :mad: )

Tomorrow is Rhythmic Step and then a REST finally on Sunday! I can't wait to start STS on Monday! :)

Morning!

Karen: I would like to start STS too but still doing those darn 1RMs- DH and I are taking forever! I'm thinking about RS tomorrow too.

I did BM2 double upper body premix this morning- wondered why it was 72 minutes long and saw it included the step warm up which I skipped and abs, which I did Wednesday so I did B&G abs instead. I think B&G abs are my new favorite. Anyway, I made myself rest for a minute between rounds and think I had better form- lesson learned. I sometimes try to keep up with the pace in the workouts and that's kind of dumb, especially when I am consistently trying to up my weights.

BM2 Double Upper Body Premix
Each exercise twice through
Double arm rows- 22.5s / 21.25s
- Didn't use ball after first few- it gets in the way
Pull overs on ball- 30#
Rear flyes on ball- 8s / 7s
Decline pushups on ball- shins
Wide pushups- toes
-Last time I did this I had to go to knees for the last two but not today!
Chest flyes on bench- 20s
Overhead Press on ball / bench- 15s
Shoulder circles on ball- 6s
Lateral raises on ball / standing- 6s
Hammer curls standing- 16.25s
Incline curls on ball- 13.25s / 15s
- This is the first time I could do 15s- woo hoo!
Concentration curls on ball- 15s
- First time I got all the way through (and TWICE) using 15s
Single Leg Dips on DBs
French Press- 15#
Kickbacks- 8s / 7s
- I had been pushing myself to go heavier on these but really wanted to work on full range of motion and squeezing at the top- I will continue to inch this up, though.

I'm enjoying doing these upper body premixes- I pulled them from one of Debbie's old rotations. But I have to say that I love the one from 4DS- my favorite so far. I am not crazy about the CTX weight work- I like the basic moves but it goes so fast and has too many reps for my goals right now. This next week I do upper body premixes from MM and 4DS again (yay!).

Have a great day everyone! I love Fridays. :)

Last edited:
I just saw that Cathe will be starting STS on the 16th of Feb. I think I may just have to push back my start date another week and instead continue on with my Circuit Rotation. When is everyone else starting? (if at all)

Hi ladies,

I am done with my workout, I did legs and abs. I also added a few 1RM today! I need to hurry up before Feb.16! My legs are super sore, maybe I will take a rest day tomorrow:eek:

Front/Back Lunges w/u – 1 set/8 reps -15lb
Front Lunges – 8 reps -20
Back Lunges – 8 reps -20
Barbell Static Lunges – 2 sets/16 reps -70/70
Plie Squats w/ BB /– 32 reps -70
Plie Squats - 16 singles, 80
Step Ups w/ 4 Risers – 2 sets/12 reps -20/20 DB each
Squats - 16 singles, - 80
Sit & Stands w/ 6 Risers – 10 reps - 70
Qtr. Deadlifts - 2 sets/12 rep - 60/55
Calf raises 3 sets

FLOOR WORK
Inner Thigh Raises - 3 sets with ankle weights
Outer Thigh Raises – 3 sets with ankle weights
Hamstring Raises w/2 risers - 54 reps with ankle weights
One Leg Hamstring Press w/2 risers - 64 reps with ankle weights

I burned 553 cal.!

Great workouts ladies:D

Hey Group!

I did STS: Mesocycle 1, Week 1, Disc 3: LEGS!

I can't say enough good about this workout. It was TOUGH, but went quickly from one move to the next (not TOO quickly though) and nothing seemed long and drawn out. A LOT of different moves. Very cool! Challenging!

I'll let ya know if I can sit tomorrow!

Belinda: You definitely sound like you need a rest day! OW!

And yes, HSC, is FAST! I haven't done that one in a while...

Hi there. I did my 1RM on my chest this morning and plan to do my triceps this afternoon. That's going to finish me up on those which makes me happy. Does anyone else struggle with using much weight on the chest flys? Every time I try to go heavy, it feels like I'm injuring my rotator cuff or my shoulder. It's very frustrating but I admit that my chest is my least favorite body part to work so I don't get too upset about it.

Belinda-I finally heard back from my girlfriend that is going to Germany with Billy Blanks and she doesn't have a schedule but is pretty sure that they will just be doing recertification camps for the instructors over there.

Have a good day everyone.

Bev

Good evening everyone:D

I'm checkin' late as usual. I'm doing Fitnessfreakk's December rotation again, its awesome!

Today's Workout

CC Volume 3= 42 min
Calories Burned= 323
Distance= 2.56 miles

Imax 2= 55 min
Calories Burned=601

Cardio + Weights- ABS only= 8 min
Calories Burned= 71

I just love Imax 2 it is so much fun. I've only done that one about a half dozen times maybe, I have most of the choreography down, but there's still a couple of spots that trip me up. I just need more practice with that one to commit it to memory. Its alot of fun and I adore the Pina Colada song.:D
I feel like I've been introduced to something new with CC and its really tough but fun. No weights today, but that's on tap for tomorrow.

Have a great evening everyone and seeya next check-in:D

Hugs,

Nora

Checking in -

Hey guys, thought I'd be posting so late that Belinda would have already started tomorrow's check in!
So, I got on the TM thinking...45 minutes would be good. Then I decided I'd do 1 hour. Then I saw about 400 calories burned at 1 hour, and I'm SO tired of seeing that number, so......I kept going...changing incline, changing speed, until I finally stopped at.... (in the words of Chris)...wait for it....97 minutes! 7.16 miles 689 calories burned.
I know you guys don't know me, but let me just say (as you've probably guessed by my numbers) I'm NOT a runner. Snap, I'm just hoping I can move tomorrow! Keep your fingers crossed!
Good times.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.