Fitnessfreak's December/January Rotation for Feb. 20, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

I am up since 5 a.m this morning! Needed to help DS with German homework again! I slept very good last night too, didn't had a good night sleep in days! I didn't wanted to get up:rolleyes:

I am so sick of snow, we are coverd again aind it's still coming down:(:(

I am getting ready to do disc 3 today!

Debbie, how is your dad doing? Hope he is feeling better!

BB later to report my workout!

Have a great Friday and workout!

Hi again,

I am done with disc 3, legs! Holy cow!:p:D:p I know I will feel my legs tomorrow, got a nice burn in my legs! Loved that one! I do love working my legs:p

Woke up this morning and we are covered again in snow and it's still coming down! I had enough of that white stuff, I wanna my wear new summer cloth I bought a few weeks ago:rolleyes: This weather makes me crumby!:rolleyes:

Have a great day and workout!

Hey Belinda- I've been enjoying reading your posts about STS!

I did ME upper body premix today- I have been doing so much heavy lifting since December that I kinda forgot how many stinking reps she does in an endurance workout. I about threw up after the biceps. Wow. It was weird to use lighter weights but I had to in order to get through the sets- still a good burn. Change is good and this rotation has been fun- legs twice a week and upper body twice a week. I also did TS's High Intensity Kickbox Challenge- just the 35 minute kickbox routine. Good stuff.

Chris: I know you wanted a review of the TS DVD. I liked it- I previewed it last night but really didn't need to do that. You could do it right away, which is kind of nice. She does one weird move called a spiderweb (I think?) but you could pick it up after seeing it once- it was really fun. I wanted her to do more of those. The cuing is OK- she does right and left alternating in the combos but doesn't really explain that. But the moves are so easy that it doesn't matter. Intensity is there, but it isn't high impact IMO- it's more squatting than jumping if that makes sense. It isn't a Cathe high intensity, more intermediate than that. But again, that's good with me. Next time I will add weighted gloves and jump a bit more here and there. But I liked it and will definitely use it. The kickboxing is 35 minutes and then there is a weight segment. I didn't watch all of it but it seemed interesting- lots of stuff on one leg that focuses on balance. I think I'll like that for a change and may even try it next week on my week of whatever before I start STS. You know you need it!! :)

Good Morning,

Decided to make this week a rest week due to the cold, feeling much better today. I will finish out Feb. with the GS and cardio.

Debbie-I should only do 45 mins of cardio twice a week and one 60 min, would it be all right to do 1 45min 1 30min and 1 60min workout? How is your dad?

Everyone have a good day.

Today was STS Disc 3 - Legs. All I can say is...I hope I can walk tomorrow.

Here is my breakdown:

546 Walking Lunges & Plie Squats (body weight)
*** Ouch! Take it easy on me - we just got started!
475 One Leg Touch Down Squats
397 Firewalkers (band)
470 One Leg Elevated Lunges - 8#
393 Deadlifts Wide Stance (dumbbell) - 20's
474 One Leg Slide Back Lunges with Paper Plate (dumbbell) -15's
**My legs were feeling this one! I should have gone lighter - but I made it through with the 15's. I'm sure I'll be cursing myself tomorrow!
494 Side Slide Lunges with Paper Plate - 15#
547 Wall Squat with Ball and Leg Extension (body weight)
517 Squats (dumbbell) - 20's
258 Calf Raises (dumbbell) - 20's
402 Front Lunge Same Leg (dumbbell) - 15's
533 Stiff Legged Deadlift on Platform (dumbell) -20's
549 Wall Squats Double Leg (body weight) - 12's
***These were really tough! I will need to work on them because I couldn't get down to the floor to pick up my weights! Augh.
436 Lateral Step Ups (dumbbell) - 20#
396 Drop Side Lunges & Stand with Knee Lift (dumbbell)- 15#
488 Sequential Lunge Into Front Kick Combo- 15's
519 Squats Narrow Stance (dumbbell)- 25's
258 Calf Raises (dumbbell)- 25's
393 Deadlifts Wide Stance (dumbbell) - 20's
480 Pulse leg to side strait leg 24 reps (R & L)
385 Bent Leg Pulse to Side balance paper plate
**Yay! I was able to keep the plate on my leg!
408 Front/Back fan Kicks 12 reps (f & B = 1 rep)
**These were harder than they looked in the preview...
264 Calf Raises (body weight)
537 Tibialis Press and Pulls with Stability ball

After I finished I did the extended stretch...ahhh....

Good morning ladies,

I did STS Disc 3 for legs this morning and loved it!!! It just keeps getting better and better.

Karen & Belinda-I was so glad to read that you couldn't get down the whole way on those wall squats to pick up your weights either. I was glad that I wore my weighted vest so I hope that maybe made up for that just a little. I'll have to practice that one!

Have a good day and a good workout everyone,
Bev

Today was Legs and I had a pretty good workout. Had a lot of dizzy spells again. What is it with leg work that I get massive dizzy spells? Even during the exercises. Like for example I was doing BSS's and when I got one leg done and stopped to transfer to the other leg I seen stars. This happens all the time. WTF? Same thing with the lunges. And it happened with each ending set of squats.

I don't get it. Anyways, still had a good workout. Skipped cardio because I don't have much time this morning. I need to deliver my LAST Avon order and do some errands. I may do cardio this evening but I highly doubt it.

1 minute rest between each set

LEGS
Squats:
65# - 15/15 (warmup)
75# - 10
80# - 10
85# - 10
***Didn't go up with weights here. Still trying to keep my form perfect and with this weight I can go ATG.

Bulgarian Split Squats:
65# - 10
70# - 10
75# - 10
***Same weight here too.

Dumbbell Reverse Lunges:
30's - 3 sets/10 reps (up 5#)

Elevated Deads:
75# - 10 (up 5#)
80# - 10 (up 5#)
85# - 9 (up 5#)

CALVES
4DS Calf Work: Used 30's for the dumbbell work

That is all....

Roxie - Yes, that is fine. Are you going to do S&H? And my dad is doing very well! He sounds almost back to normal.

Have a great Friday everyone!

Hey Girls!

I had a pretty busy day with my boys today, with friends, and bringing them places and sleepovers ! I'm going to have to check and make sure I have the right ones home!

Somehow I managed to eek in DISC 9 (LEGS) from STS. the only thing I DON'T like about the legs series is some of the exercises don't repeat. Mostly the "Bonuses" at the end. This time she put on some crazy floorwork for bonus. WITH Plates! And weights! intense and hard and I liked it. Not so much band work in this one. I think THAT'S what I missed the most (NO FIREWALKERS!! :()

If you DISC 3 girls are like me, you won't be able to sit down or bend over tomorrow without MOANING like an old lady
:eek:

Patti!: Thanks SO MUCH for the great detailed review. I'm going to go "shopping tonight" at Tracey's sight. i just want something different , I think I might either get 2 of her KB'ing ones, or maybe a KB one and a STEP one. ... Decisions decisions!!! ME is a slap in the face after doing heavy! I agree!! I do NOT miss the forever repetitions in STS. You do one exercise and you're OUTTATHERE!

Waiting for my pork roast to cook some more... it was a little too pink to be taken out now! :eek:

Today was Legs and I had a pretty good workout. Had a lot of dizzy spells again. What is it with leg work that I get massive dizzy spells? Even during the exercises. Like for example I was doing BSS's and when I got one leg done and stopped to transfer to the other leg I seen stars. This happens all the time. WTF? Same thing with the lunges. And it happened with each ending set of squats.

I don't get it. Anyways, still had a good workout. Skipped cardio because I don't have much time this morning. I need to deliver my LAST Avon order and do some errands. I may do cardio this evening but I highly doubt it.

1 minute rest between each set

LEGS
Squats:
65# - 15/15 (warmup)
75# - 10
80# - 10
85# - 10
***Didn't go up with weights here. Still trying to keep my form perfect and with this weight I can go ATG.

Bulgarian Split Squats:
65# - 10
70# - 10
75# - 10
***Same weight here too.

Dumbbell Reverse Lunges:
30's - 3 sets/10 reps (up 5#)

Elevated Deads:
75# - 10 (up 5#)
80# - 10 (up 5#)
85# - 9 (up 5#)

CALVES
4DS Calf Work: Used 30's for the dumbbell work

That is all....

Roxie - Yes, that is fine. Are you going to do S&H? And my dad is doing very well! He sounds almost back to normal.

Have a great Friday everyone!

I will do slow and heavy next month. Going to work on the rotation this weekend.

Hi Debbie and Gang!

I hope everyone had a great workout today. Debbie, take it easy with the leg work if it makes you dizzy. I know what that's like I have that with MS it mess with me when I get to hot and overheated. I have to be careful as it also can effect my balance.

Ok, todays workout:D

I did iTread= 20 min
Distance= 1.75 miles
Calories Burned=273
BPM-135-140 15 min @80-85% of my max HR
BPM-145-155 3min @ 90% of my max HR
I was happy that I was jogging at a fast pace for me at 5.8 mph @ 10% grade. Then I did a challenge sprint for the last 3 minutes at 4% grade @6.6mph. That was a short but intense one. I still prefer Cardio Coach. You just can't substitute for Coach Sean and the great music and the happy euphoric feeling afterward.

On to....
STS Mesocycle 1 Disc 3 Legs

Oh man this is a great leg workout. It seems to go by fast and its definitely a challenge. I had trouble with the following exercises from that: One Leg Touch Down Squats, I had a tough time with my balance on those. Its something that I'll definitely need to work on. Wall squats with ball and hand wts. This was tough not going down to the floor but getting up with wts in hands. Again, a balance issue for me. One Leg Slide Back Lunges w/paper plates and DB was really hard for me my balance was a bit wobbly today and this was extremely hard. I did finish them but it wasn't pretty.:p The bonus at the end was great, I really liked those. Overall, this was a really fun fast moving leg workout. It definitely was challenging but doable. I found that my trouble spots all had to do with my balance being a bit subpar. My MS has effected my balance and its really only noticeable when I get overheated or workout and there are exercises that have balance challenges. I don't mind I know this is an area to work on, so I do.

Then just to round out the workout I did STS Ab Circuits- Med Ball Abs= 10 min, very effective and love these.

Phew! I made it through STS Mesocycle 1 wk 1 Yeah!!!! And congrats to everyone else doing STS~!

Hugs!

Nora

Ps Legs & ABS

Hey everyone. Sorry to post so late but I have been running around since I got off work. I did the PS workout Legs & ABs this morning. It is was pretty good workout. The sit and stands really got me. I hung in with them to the end which I don't didn't do last time I did this workout. I am so tired though. I am am going to head to bed now. Everyone have a great weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.