Fitnessfreak's December/January Rotation for Feb. 18, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

I will do STS disc 2 (back and biceps) today!

Thanks girls, for your kind words yesterday!

Debbie, wishing your dad a speedy recovery!

Hallo to everyone that follows! BBL!

Today starts week 2 of my rotation. Worked Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. Had an excellent workout and increased my weight with every exercise.

10 minutes light jog on treadmill.

1 minute rest between each set.

CHEST
Barbell Bench Press:
55# - 15/15 (warmup)
82# - 10 (up 2#)
85# - 10 (up 3#)
87# - 10 (up 2#)

Incline Dumbbell Press:
32's - 10 (up 2#)
35's - 10 (up 3#)
37's - 10 (up 2#)
***These always feel so good. Get a good contraction in my upper chest.

SHOULDERS
Arnold Press:
12's - 15/15 (warmup)
17's - 10 (up 2#)
20's - 9/8 (up 3#)
***Kept the last set at 20 because I didn't make 10 reps with the 2nd set. What a difference this made doing the warmup set. Last time I forgot the warmup set and did the three sets easily.

Lateral Raise:
8's - 10
9's - 10 (up 1#)
10's - 10 (up 2#)
***Shoulder feels pretty good right now. Still don't want to go heavy with this exercise.

TRICEPS
Close Grip Bench Press:
55# - 15/15 (warmup)
62# - 10 (up 2#)
65# - 10 (up 3#)
67# - 10 (up 2#)
***Love this exercise. Should go heavier.

Lying Barbell Tricep Extension:
50# - 10 (up 5#)
52# - 10 (up 5#)
55# - 8 (up 5#)
***Last set was a struggle. Felt awesome!

That is all....

Good Morning,

Feeling better today so I will do a wo just haven't decided which one. Everyone have a good day.

Debbie-how is dad today?

Thanks for the well wishes about my dad, everyone. I haven't heard anything since yesterday. I'll call in later and talk to my step mom.

Roxie - if you haven't, go back to yesterday's thread and read MindyMelt's entry.

Today was STS Disc 2 - Back and Triceps. I don't have a setup to do the chin ups or pull ups (nor to I have one of cathes bands that hooks over the door) - so I improvised! I put one of those squeeze ball things for forearms in a sock and then tied the sock to one of my tubings that I had. I then put that over the door and it worked great! (except the tension could have been harder on the band...must find my "tough" tubing) Here is my breakdown:

120 Lat pulldowns with band
113 Dumbbell Rows Both Arms – 25#
714 Dips on chair
363 Straddle Pushups
**Pushups?? I thought this was back and triceps???
104 Chinups
738 Seated Overhead Extensions One Arm (dumbbell) – 10#
**Probably could have gone heavier here
134 One Arm Row (dumbbell) – 30#
167 T-Pull with band
716 Flat Bench Barbell Triceps Extensions – 16#
**actually used a dumbell for this
83 Barbell Rows – 52#
176 Y's with band
721 Kickbacks One Arm (dumbbell)- 11#
133 One Arm Horizontal Row (dumbbell)- 20#
1052 Deadlifts (dumbbell) -25#
**Using the tips that Cathe gave us about form made a big difference! I think I used to let my shoulders round a little before.
703 Close Grip Bench Press (dumbbell) – 20#
726 One Arm press Down with Band
104 Chinups –
737 Seated Overhead Extensions Both Arms (dumbbell) – 20#
83 Barbell Rows- 52#’s
**This second round almost got me
111 Double Arm Rows with Band
739 Side Leaning One Arm Overhead Extensions on Ball (dumbbell)- 10#
134 One Arm Row (dumbbell)- 30#
**This second time around was tough
1052 Deadlifts (dumbbell) – 25#
720 Kickbacks Double Arm (dumbbell)- 13#
**Killer - especially those "holds" at the very end!
724 One Arm Band Kickbacks
142 Pullups
712 Cross Body Kickbacks (dumbbell)- 12#
**These were tough on those last 4
120 Lat pulldowns with band
740 Side Lying One Arm Pushups
164 Superman on Floor Arms & Legs Elevate

Hi guys! I've been a slacker over here on checking in- things have been crazy around here. But I also think we should continue the check in- it's fun.

I did Tracey Staehle's High Intensity Step Mix 2 today- WAY fun! I also did her abs workout on the step and burned 763 calories. I really like her step workouts. I have to watch my upper body work- my elbow is bothering me a bit. I think next week might be a rest / finish up 1RMs week for me.

Karen: I liked the way you figured out a method to do the pull ups.

Debbie: Keep us posted on your dad- glad to hear that things were going OK yesterday.

Debbie, still praying for your dad! Wishing him a speedy recovery! WTG on your workout!

Rocky, hope you find the perfect workout today!

Karen, how come you have the workout #, I don’t see them on my workout card?

Patti, how is Tracy’s step compared to Cathe’s?

Hey Everyone...

I did STS Disc 8 today (Back & Triceps). It's a lot of the same exercises that you have listed on Disc 2, Karen! But some others thrown in, and more band work, I think. I felt like I really got some good burns in, we'll see tomorrow how I'm feeling. last week this workout KILLED my triceps! I was hurting for 2 days! :eek:

I always wonder about other Step workouts (besides Cathe), But am so afraid I won't 'get' them. I'm not good with difficult choreography and dancy type moves that have you facing all directions! How would you rate the Tracy Staehl , Patti?

Debbie... once again your weight choices amaze me! I think most of all is the 50+#s you use for the Overhead Barbell Tricep Extensions! How do you get all that weight over your head to even DO those!?? .... Let us know how your dad is doing when you hear...

Debbie... once again your weight choices amaze me! I think most of all is the 50+#s you use for the Overhead Barbell Tricep Extensions! How do you get all that weight over your head to even DO those!?? .... Let us know how your dad is doing when you hear...

I just talked to my step mom and my dad is being released today. He is doing good. He has no phone in his room so I will call him when he gets home.

The tricep extensions are lying down. I have a weight bench so getting it up isn't a problem. Doing the extensions are not too bad either, my tri's are very strong. :)

Tracey is a lot of fun and for some reason, reminds me of Sandra Bullock. As far as her step workouts, I have only done Steady State Step and the one I mentioned earlier. I would compare them to Cathe's Rhythmic Step or Step Blast- her more complex choreography. In other words, I previewed both before doing them and I think to get every step down, it took me a few times. In terms of production quality, nothing is better than Cathe. Tracey is pretty good though- maybe once or twice I got annoyed the first time through because I didn't have a good shot of her feet when I needed them. But I think these are small glitches and I am more than happy with the workouts- they are high on the fun factor.

I also have a few of her kickboxing workouts that I haven't tried yet, but I'll give you all a review when I get to them. ;)

Here is a link to her DVD's- if you click on one you get a nice preview.
http://www.fitbytracey.com/dvds.htm

Last edited:
Glad to hear that about your dad, Debbie!

My triceps are NOT strong. I think I do that exercise with 35#. :p

Debbie, still praying for your dad! Wishing him a speedy recovery! WTG on your workout!

Rocky, hope you find the perfect workout today!

Karen, how come you have the workout #, I don’t see them on my workout card?

Patti, how is Tracy’s step compared to Cathe’s?

I'm not sure if my printout of the exercises had it either. The thing I posted here was from the workout manger - clicked on the calendar - the workout and then edited the workout. I selected the text and pasted it into the thread and modified/removed the junk I didn't need to post.

I just talked to my step mom and my dad is being released today. He is doing good. He has no phone in his room so I will call him when he gets home.

The tricep extensions are lying down. I have a weight bench so getting it up isn't a problem. Doing the extensions are not too bad either, my tri's are very strong. :)

They must be! I stuggle with just a 20# barbell for that exercise! You go girl!

Hi everyone. I did Disc 2 of STS this morning and loved it. I just can't believe how fast the time goes in between sets though. I feel like I'm running all over my workout area even though I try to set everything up before I get started. I'm anxious to see where I hurt tomorrow!!

Debbie-glad to hear that your dad went home already. That's a good sign!

Have a good day,
Bev

Oh and I just saw over on the ya ya's board that Tracey is offering 50% her DVDs through the end of February- code is yaya.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.