Fitnessfreak's December/January Rotation for Feb. 17, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

I started STS yesterday, couldn’t wait anymore! I am not sure if you girls want to keeps this thread going since we all doing pretty much different rotations?

I do want to thank Debbie for her awesome rotations ! I learned so much the last few months. I I lost a little over 12 pounds since December and kept it off. I am very happy with my results and loved every minute. I have more muscle definition in my UB and LB! Thank you so much Debbie ,for all you do:D

Today I will do cardio:eek:

Have a great day and workout!

It's up to you girls. We can keep this checkin going if you want. Maybe change the title or something? It seems we're all doing our own thing right now anyways.

Today was cardio. I was in no mood for cardio and I was so tired when I got up which is unusual. I chose a Cardio Coach mix I made up which consisted of the 2 - 8 minute treks from CC #8, the 10 alternating hill climbs/springs from CC #7 and then the 5 - 1 min. sprints from CC #6 w/Sean. Ended up being a good workout but I really didn't give it my all this a.m.

Then I did the stretch from GS Legs.

Cardio & Stretch stats:
67 minutes
9 minutes below zone
28 minutes in zone
30 minute above zone
529 calories burned
3.75 miles travelled

My dad is having surgery on the artery in his neck. He needs a stint put in. Please keep him in your prayers. I'll know more later today. He is in surgery as I type this.

Belinda - Nice job on losing 12#! Way to go girl!!! :cool:

The day just keeps going downhill for me. First I slammed my knee on the bathroom sink while I was taking some measurements. Then I had to wash off the ice cream shake that some kid threw on my car last night. It just kept smearing all over and not coming clean. :mad: (note to self - don't part car on street) Then I got stuck by the train and then behind a school bus on the way into work. Augh.

On a different note - I am sore in places today that have never been sore before. My ribs feel like they are bruised from the STS ab workout yesterday; also the area outside of the chest area (like on the side under my arms) is really sore. Its weird.

Today was Imax2 and I rocked it! I burned 709 calories and felt awesome! At 2 points in time after 2 of the blasts my HRM actually said 90! I've never been that high before. I was huffing that is for sure!

Debbie - my thoughts are with you and your dad.

Belinda - Great job on the weight loss!!!

Good Morning,

I personally like this check in. Still not feeling the best but I might be able to do PUB tonite.

Debbie-I am doing Pub 1 day PLB 1 day and the rest is cardio 45-60 min. I hope your dad is ok. I will keep him in my thoughts and you.

Belinda-good job with the wt. loss and definition.

Karen-I hope your day gets better.

Good Morning,

I personally like this check in. Still not feeling the best but I might be able to do PUB tonite.

Debbie-I am doing Pub 1 day PLB 1 day and the rest is cardio 45-60 min. I hope your dad is ok. I will keep him in my thoughts and you.

Belinda-good job with the wt. loss and definition.

Karen-I hope your day gets better.

Roxie, I thought you were doing S&H??? I think you need more weight training in your rotation. You are doing too much cardio.

Hi ladies. I can't believe that I forgot to check in yesterday! I started STS and all of those pushups must have affected my brain. I thought for sure my chest would be sore today but I'm more sore under my arms and toward my back??????

I did Imax2 this morning and loved every minute of it.

Belinda-thanks for keeping us going on this check in.

Debbie-I will be praying for your dad today. Please keep us posted.

Have a good day everyone.

Bev

Hallo girls,

I am back to report my workout! I did IMAX 2 DH needs to check out my HR monitor, it didn’t read anything???

Karen, sorry you having a bad day! Hope it gets better! My ab is very sore today too!

Rocky, enjoy PLB tonight!

Bev, great job with IMAX 2 this morning! I am sore in funny places today too! LOL! Those pushups are a killer! I am looking forward to back and triceps tomorrow:p

Have a great day!

I would love to do S&H but does it break up to 3 times a week and then 3 days of cardio?

Yes, but what is wrong with that? You will see a huge difference with body fat loss and such when you workout like this. Too much cardio does not lean you out. More then 3 days a week is overkill in my opinion.

I'm only doing cardio 1 day a week right now, about 1.5 hrs. a week. I lost 2# and .5% body fat in just one week.

Weight training is the way to go. Cardio is just to keep your heart healthy.

Hey Everyone!

I'm on week #3 of STS. I like checking in with you guys too. We can change the title or not. Maybe one day we'll all get back to a new Debbie rotation? ;) Debbie!

I did the original IMAX today. I'm also very tired, and didn't feel so up to it either. But I just kept going. (I didn't sleep that great last night). Cranked out 841 calories!! :eek:

Belinda:
That's an awesome loss! Good for you!! STS Disc 7 cranked up on the Push Ups again too, so I know how you're feeling! Though the first Disc is BIG time shock!

Debbie: You have me wondering on whether I'd be better off backing off on the cardio with STS. The way it's set up now is the 3 day split, with 60-70 minutes of cardio on the other 3 days. Do you think cutting back on the cardio might be better? (like 30-45 minutes?) I do have about 5 lbs I've been trying to shake for a few years now though. :eek: ....... Will think good thoughts for you dad today...!!!

Debbie: You have me wondering on whether I'd be better off backing off on the cardio with STS. The way it's set up now is the 3 day split, with 60-70 minutes of cardio on the other 3 days. Do you think cutting back on the cardio might be better? (like 30-45 minutes?) I do have about 5 lbs I've been trying to shake for a few years now though. :eek: ....... Will think good thoughts for you dad today...!!![/B]

Does the STS series call for 70 minutes of cardio three days a week? If so, follow it. Cathe does this for a reason. But I am and will always be a believe that more then 3 hours of cardio a week is just a waste of time.

Just got a call from my step-monster. She said my dad is in intensive care right now and probably will be until tomorrow morning. The surgery took 3 hours instead of 1. His arteries are a mess. The blockage was at 90%. Hopefully this will make him feel like a new man.

I'll keep you all updated. Thank you all so much for the prayers.

Just got a call from my step-monster. She said my dad is in intensive care right now and probably will be until tomorrow morning. The surgery took 3 hours instead of 1. His arteries are a mess. The blockage was at 90%. Hopefully this will make him feel like a new man.

I'll keep you all updated. Thank you all so much for the prayers.

Debbie-glad to hear your dad is doing better. Should I do S&H three days and week and just 30 mins of cardio the other 3 days? I think I need to back off the cardio anyway its alittle hard on my knee and other joints.

Last edited:
Debbie-glad to hear your dad is doing better. Should I do S&H three days and week and just 30 mins of cardio the other 3 days? I think I need to back off the cardio anyway its alittle hard on my knee and other joints.

Thanks Roxie.

I would do S&H for the three days and do 1 - 60 min. cardio and 2 - 45 minute cardio sessions. You have to stick with the rotation for at least 4 weeks to see if you get results. Try it and see how your body will respond.

Thanks Roxie.

I would do S&H for the three days and do 1 - 60 min. cardio and 2 - 45 minute cardio sessions. You have to stick with the rotation for at least 4 weeks to see if you get results. Try it and see how your body will respond.
Thanks Debbie you are always so much help. I forgot to mention that I was doing 1 day of ciruct work with pyramids.

Hi Ladies -

First to Debbie, I pray for a speedy recovery for your father. I am hoping the longer than expected surgery means they really got his arteries cleaned out. And I hope your stepmonster is a good caregiver.
I attempted Muscle Max yesterday. I completed it using about 5# lighter that Cathe on all exercises. Man I'm fatigued.
I have been under the weather for about a week now. And today my kids are both home with fevers. I knew something was up when I was doing Step Blast last week and quit after the warm up. That little hollow at the base of my throat felt like it was on fire. I hear the flu is going around and it can turn into pneumonia. Yikes. I think I'll just lay low.
Enjoy your workouts, ladies. Great job on the 12lb loss, Belinda!
See ya....

Does the STS series call for 70 minutes of cardio three days a week? If so, follow it. Cathe does this for a reason. But I am and will always be a believe that more then 3 hours of cardio a week is just a waste of time.

Thanks, Debbie. That is the Rotation Cathe put up there. She plugged in some of her cardio workouts, which are 60-70 minutes in length. (or more!). You're right, if that's what she posted with STS, I will follow it that way.

Glad to hear your dad is in recovery! Will keep him in my prayers..

Kick Punch & Crunch

Hey ladies. Hope all is well with you. Debbie I am definitely praying and believing your day will have a speedy recovery. I would love to continue to post. I plan on doing STS but I can't seem to get my 1RMs done. Is there a rotation posted for these yet? I am not sure I know where to look. I thought someone said Cathe had started them.

Anywho, I did KPC today. I had a good workout and burned 749 calories. Debbie I really appreciate these rotations too. You are right strenght training is the way to go-most definitely. Roxie, you will see a change. I can't wait to hear how it goes for you. I did more of the endurance and cardio workouts before trying these rotations. I have seen more progress in these couple of months than I have in the past 2-3years. Before I was just up and down. Now I seem to be steadily changing. No major scale changes but my clothes feel lose and I look better in them. I use to be able to do a fair number of pushups after the weight gain it was a joke trying to do them after gaining. Now I can say I am starting to do full pushups again. This is major to me because I thought I never would. I have hopes now that when I start the STS I will eventually be able to do pullups too. Roxie please let us know how it goes because I believe you are just going to be shocked and amazed at what the strength trainining will do. Well sorry to be so lengthy guys but I am just hyped about this forum and all the help and encouragement. Have a blessed night all.

Good afternoon everyone!:)

I'm happy to report no DOMS today after doing STS Meso 1 Disc1, but I just feel like I normally do after lifting weights.

Today's workout -

I did Imax2- That one is so much fun. There's still a couple of places that tough on the choreography for me to get, but I'm determined I'll get it all eventually.

Then I did STS- Ab Circuits-Medicine ball abs= 10 min.

That's it for the workout today, it seems like that's just wrong to me. :p I'm used to longer workouts now. I feel good though.

Debbie, I'll pray for your dad and send positive healing thoughts his way. :D

I'll have to eat some wheatties today so I can do tomorrow's workout of Cardio Coach Vol.1, STS Meso 1 Disc 2, and then Butts and Guts Core only Phew!!!! I'm getting myself psyched up for it.:D

I hope everyone else is having great workouts and feeling well.

Hugs and take care!:D

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.