Fit Moms (Week of 10/15 – 10/21) ALL WELCOME

kristi

Cathlete
Hello SunnyD, Kristan, Crystal, Tana, & anyone else I may have missed! Did you all have a great week & weekend? I pretty much hung around the house all weekend and ran a few errands. Nothing too exciting to report.

My workouts are better. Of course it helps that the kids aren’t under the weather anymore. My eating, well, we don’t need to go there. LOL I’ve listed my workouts from last week below. As you can tell I am starting to up my mileage again. I’ll probably be keeping my 5 mile run as my long run until November. I’m trying to build up my endurance base once again, but this time without injury. If all goes like I plan, then by January I’ll be running 7-8 miles comfortably for my long run and then start adding more miles in preparation for my first half marathon in April. We’ll see if it will work out like I have planned. Today I plan to run an easy 3.5 miles during lunch.

Workouts last week:
Tuesday – Ran 4.4 miles
Wednesday – Weight Training on my own
Thursday – Ran 4 miles
Friday – Weight Training on my own
Sunday – Ran 5 miles

Sunny D- How is your training going for your race? Are you following a running program? It looks like you are getting in a lot of gym time. I don’t know how you can get up so early. You are a better woman than me! LOL

Kristan – How are you liking Strength Toolbox? Have you been able to fit in 10-20 min. segments every night & do cardio as you had planned? Can ST be divided into a short (~30 minute) total body workout?

Crystal – How was your first Cathe workout?

Tana – How was your week? Did you get to do KPC like you planned on Monday?

I’ll talk at you all later

Hey Kristi,

sounds like you are doing great!! getting in some great runs:D glad to hear all is well with your sweeties. tell me one more time when is your half marathon. i know, i just keep forgetting. sorry.

as far as my training, i am not good at following plans. so i am just trying to get in 2-3 runs a week and each week increasing my distance by 10%. on monday i ran 5.30 miles, my personal best:7 . I can't wait for the 5k next month. I am already thinking of 10k's, lol. I just wish i would do better with my eating, although like you said we won't go there:p

Hello to all the other fitmommies to follow.

I hope everyone is having a great week and accomplishing all of their goals.:)

Looks like we're all running more. I love fall runs! My absolute favorite time.

Kristi- I like the strength toolbox. It can be divided into 3 30-minute total body sessions (10leg/10arm/10core). I like her style. She goes fast and there's no time wasted. I really liked the "weightless" sessions that would be great while traveling. The 10-minute thing works well for me because it seems I can keep my kids occupied for 10 minutes at a time.

My week:
Monday- run 3.5 miles at St. Louis Arch- getting bored with this run.
Tuesday- gym 50 minutes, 20 minutes leg toning
Weds- nothing
Thurs- StepMax and core. The choreography seems fresh, but the purple leotards and lace bottoms!
Fri- intervals from CardioToolbox and 30 minutes from Strength TB
Sat- nothing
Sun- 4 mile run, pushing stroller

Hi everyone!

Let's see...this is what I did last week:

Mon-Cardio Kicks (instead of KPC)
Tue-arc trainer at the gym for 20 min..had a mtg w/personal trainer and that ate most of my 'babysitter' time
Wed-CTX 10-10-10
Thu-off
Fri-HighStepCirc
Sat-off
Sun-StepBlast

This week I'm not doing so hot. My DS came down with the flu Monday and then ran a fever again yesterday evening. Speaking of DS, I'm being paged. He's trying to sit on my High Step, but it's about 1 riser too high. I'll check in again soon.

Tana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.