Fit Moms Check in (Week of 9/11 - 9/17)

kristi

Cathlete
Hello Ladies! Sorry I have been MIA. I've been swamped at work and have not had a free moment to check-in. How are all of you doing?

This past week went pretty well exercise wise, but I need to clean up my eating. I'm pretty sure I have found out what was causing the pain on the side of my left knee when I run. The past couple of months the only thing I have changed running wise has been using the treadmill instead of running outside. So far there have been no problems at all. My guess is all the pounding of the pavement had been the culprit. I'm glad that I can finally start building up my mileage again. Maybe the beginning of next year I can run my half marathon after all. I really wanted to run one the end of August, but it never panned out.

We celebrated DD's 1st birthday on Saturday. DS was so great and helped her open her presents and thanked everyone for her. My SIL made her a barbie cake.

Here are my workouts from last week:

Sunday - Ran 5 miles
Monday - Rest
Tuesday - Power Hour
Wednesday - Ran 3.5 miles
Thursday - Pyramid UB & LB on my own + 1 section Core Max
Friday - Rest - unplanned
Saturday - Rest, DD's 1st birthday
Sunday - Ran 4 miles

Well, that is more than enough about me. Kristan - How is Gus? Are you noticing any improvement with the tubes? SunnyD - How are you and the kids doing?

Have a great day/week!

hey kristi-

your workouts look great!
i laughed at your signature. because i too feel the same way. i had lost all the weight but got so slacked in my eating it crept back on. yuckx(

i actually did a 3 mile/2 mile walk outside on saturday. it felt good. however i can tell the difference between running outside and the treadmill.

i am glad to see you found out the culprit of your pain. i can't wait to hear about the results of your marathon.

happy bday to annamarie!!!:D

everyone is doing great on my end:)
jaden had a high temperature on sat. however it went away on sunday and he is doing just fine. i think it was due to teething. he has 2 more on the top and another two bottom back teeth coming in. elijah is loving kindergarten!!

i read your email in the open discussion about working 3rd shift and i think if you can coordinate it with your dh it can work out wonderfully. good luck!

hello to all else who follow.:+

Gus' tubes went fine. He freaked out a little coming out of anesthesia. He seems much happier and most importantly is making lots of new noises. My younger daughter turns 4 today; she's become such a big girl. My older daughter loves kdg. She's playing soccer and really enjoying that as well.

My week started off great and was completely derailed by a stomach bug, from which I continue to suffer. I am so tired and weak. I pretty much haven't eaten since Thursday.

M: 3 mile run/walk with kids, 20 minutes ball strengthening
T: 3 mile run with stairs
W: 3 mile walk with Gus
R: barely walked with Audrey
F: Keli Robert "step it strong" step/strength/core

Then I started puking. I hope by tomorrow to be back to our routine, except my husband leaves for LA on Weds and will be back and forth for a couple of weeks.

Kristan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.