Fit Moms Check-in (Week of 8/14 – 8/20)

kristi

Cathlete
Good morning ladies!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. My DB came into town on Friday night and spent the night. He picked up his daughter on Saturday morning. My house is located about halfway from where he lives and where his ex lives. After he came back to my house on Saturday we all ate an early dinner together before DH, myself, & kiddos headed downtown for DS’s and my races. DS was so cute running his race. I’m so proud of him. He didn’t win (he was disappointed), but he had fun. My 5K race did not take place until 8:30 that night. I guess I’m okay with my time. This was only my 2nd race with my 1st being a 10K. My unofficial time is 29:25 and my chip time is 28:34. I’m happy with being under the 30 minute mark, but I feel like I’m still pretty slow. The guy who won the race ran it in 15:17. I can not imagine ever running that fast.

DS is feeling better. However I had to take the day off work on Thursday because on the way going to the daycare he threw up in DH’s truck. It must have been a 24 hour thing because right after lunch he was feeling better.

DD is going good too. Friday night I noticed she has 3 of her top teeth coming in at the same time. They are causing her a lot of pain so she is not sleeping well at night and is very grumpy during the day. On the bright side, she is officially using the sippy cup, with the exception of her bottle before she goes to bed at night, and she is transitioning over to table food. I’m hoping to have her fully transitioned over to sippy cup and regular food by the end of the month. She also took her first unassisted step yesterday.

Regarding fat loss, how is everyone doing? Is anyone else noticing that things are not going back to where they used to be? I’m 5 pounds under my pre-preg weight with DS, which is the lowest I’ve been since I got married 9 years ago, and I’ve noticed my stomach is not bouncing back. I’ve always had a belly pooch, but after having both of my kids I now have a belly pooch and cottage cheese. Has anyone ever experienced this and did it go away with clean eating and exercising?

SunnyD – Only a couple more days before Elijah starts K, how are you doing? Is he excited? That is okay with missing Cathe workouts. I’m missing her too! I’m enjoying P90X, but I have some fat I still need to lose and I’m not sure if P90X is the one to get me there at this point. Lately I’ve been eyeing Cathe’s pyramids this week. I love them and have not used them in months. I also feel like I need to start doing some pilates again and Cathe ab work to help with my midsection. How is Jaden doing? It is so hard to believe he will be 1 very soon. What day this month, the 24th? Sorry I forgot the exact day.

Kristan – How is your hip? Your “use the kids as resistance” day sounds like a great workout. How did Gus’ 9 month dr. appt. go? I hope the tubes work for him. They have helped with DD’s ear infections. She still has them, but not as frequently.

Sara – How did Tyler’s first day of K go? Isn’t it funny how even with DH home you don’t have more time? It is like that at my house too. That is why I can’t get on the computer during the weekends. There is never enough time.

Well, I need to get back to work and stop writing so much. There is already a book here for you all to read. I hope everyone has a great day and week!!

Hi Kristi and everyone.

Kristi- that is a great run time! Be pleased with your time. You and Melanie should be proud of yourselves. I'm not kidding when I say I am SUCH a slow runner. I did download the iPod Nike running track and it helps me go a bit faster.

Gus' 9 mo appt went well. He's above 100% on height! It cracks me up. All my kids are tall like that. They've never actually been on the curve- always hovering above (my husband is very tall.) Our surgery is scheduled for 9-1. Hoping we can start getting some sleep. I also wonder how many of these sleepless nights are from teeth, not stomach or ears.

My daughters start school next Monday (kdg for the oldest). Looking VERY forward to that.

I've been looking at the two new Kimberly Spreen DVD's- some "on the ball" workout and "progressive strength". SHould I buy? I've been a bad, bad girl with spending lately: curtains, a new dresser (couldn't pass it up), a new body bar, new shoes for the girls (that was like $160 for 4 shoes!), school supplies, etc.

My week was good: M- 3.5 mile run/stair running, T- gym, W- Body Fusion, T- nothing, F- "steamin' cardio", Sat- 5 mile run.

My comments on my week are as follows: Body Fusion bores me- it's getting shelved until I'm pregnant or injured, The gym got a new rowing machine- felt good to use it, and the run was perfect- great weather/no kids!

kristan

Good morning fit mommies!!

Kristi-you are doing great with all your running. ok, for now i gave up on p90x and back to cathe. 3 total body weight training days and cardio on the alternate days. i don't expect you to remember jaden's bday (lol) it's on the 21st. we are partying this weekend!!:D he is officially walking. of course now he is really into things. my belly is doing the same as yours. after 1st ds it went back nice and easy. this time around, no way. it's like all my fat is just in my stomach...:( it's very frustrating. i am so glad ds is doing much better. go annamarie, get your walk on:D :D

kristan-you've got a tall one on your hands, lol. how many other children do you have? jaden is in the 95th percentile for height.

sara-yes let us know how tyler's first day of K went. my son's first day is on wednesday. i am nervous and excited at the same time. he's not happy about homework,:D :p

have a workouts everyone and have a wonderful week!

Sunny- 3 kids total: ages 5, 3, and 9 mos. Come fall, they'll be 6, 4 and 1. I'm a terrible mother who has made no birthday plans for her children yet. That's something I need to do soon, especially since my 3yo is 4 in September. It's hard to have 3 birthdays within 6 weeks; I know no one wants to come to my house 3 times in that same period.

My stomach is terrible looking. You all almost certainly probably have flat stomachs compared to me.

Hello Ladies! Today I was going to run 3 miles outside, but only ran 1 3/4 instead. My knee was bothering me again. I think running on pavement (like I did Saturday for the race) aggravates it more. Back to the treadmill I go. I know I need to go get my knee looked at but I just don't feel like it is bad enough to do so. Maybe I'm just afraid that the doctor will tell me no running for an extended period of time.

No flat stomach here either. I wish!! I would like to lose probably another 5 more pounds. Maybe it will go down some.

Kristan - You are not a bad mother at all! Wow 3 birthdays in 6 weeks. That would be very challenging. DD turns 1 next month and I will then celebrate my birthday 6 days later. For the kids birthdays I have only made a big deal out of the first one. The rest of the birthdays are mainly just family, cake, and presents. I think as the kids turn schoolage then I will start making more of a big deal and have them invite friends. This year my MIL wants to throw Annamarie a Princess Birthday Party because she is the only granddaughter. (She has 3 grandsons.)

SunnyD - Good luck tomorrow to you and Elijah!! I'll be thinking of you both tomorrow as I pass the elementary school across from DD & DS's daycare.

Hello!

Again, I have been super busy! I went to Terre Haute yesterday to register for my classes. I had a 3 hour drive there and 3 hours back. I did not mind the drive too much. It is like vacation :).

Tyler is doing well in school. His teacher told me he is really quiet and knows all the answers to the questions she asks him. She said he always has kids wanting to sit by him. I was worried about him not having friends at recess. So far...so good!

As far as the flat stomach thing...mine doesn't look bad for having 3 kids, but that is all the good I can say! It seems to have a pooch...not fat, but a pooch that sticks out. Oh, I can't forget about the stretch marks and wrinkled skin. This diet I am on really seems to be shrinking my tummy though. Hopefully, it keeps on shrinking! Plus, I think tummies start to look better when the babies get closer to 2. My only problem is that I keep having babies!

Well, I have to get the kids fed and Tyler off to school!

Talk Later!

Sara
http://www.picturetrail.com/saraburnham1

Hello Everyone! I hope you all are having a wonderful day. I keep reminding myself that tomorrow is Friday so only one more work day to go before the weekend. Thank goodness! DS is so excited. My MIL & FIL will be camping in their motorhome near us and they want the kids for the weekend. Yeah DH and I will get a break! We don't have any family that lives close so we rarely get any time to ourselves. Anyway, DS is also happy that Sunday afternoon we will be going to the circus too. It will be a nice weekend.

Today's workout was LowMax. I didn't have time to do the whole workout only 1-5. Yesterday I did Core Synergistics.

SunnyD - How was Elijah's first day of school?

Have a great day!!

hey ladies,

this has been a bad week for me. i only got to workout once this week. we had alot going on.

kristi-elijah's first day went great!! i did all my crying before he even woke up, LOL. he really likes his school and his new teacher. enjoy your break!! we were supposed to get away for a couple of days, my mil was coming into town for jaden's bday. however dh's grandma passed so we are all traveling this weekend for the funeral services.
how's p90x coming along?

hello to kristan and sara:D

Sunny- sorry to hear about your husband's grandmother.

My daughter Kay starts KDG on Monday; her little sister Audrey will be in the pre-k montessori program at the same school. A little sad to see them both off to school 5 days a week, but it will be nice to be home with just Gus twice a week on my days off. I still need to finish hemming Kay's old uniform for Audrey and get their supplies in order.

I did IMAX 3 yesterday. It's good the kids interrupted me at least 3 times because I was sucking wind the whole time. Last night the kids went to Parents Night OUt; husband and I ate sushi and saw a movie. I feel so old- we capped the evening with coffee rather than a drink.

kristan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.