Fit Moms Check in (Week of 7/24 - 7/30)

kristi

Cathlete
Good morning ladies! Yesterday I began my P90X rotation with Chest & Back. All I can say is WOW. I have a lot of room to grow with this. I am surprised with how much I was able to do. Of course, I did all the pushups on my knees and all of my chin-ups were assisted. I did as many as I could. I tweaked the rotation a little where cardio is concerned so I can begin running again. Today I will be trying Cardio Coach 1 (Thanks for enabling me SunnyD!). I bought CCs 1-6 when they were having the Father’s Day sale last month but have not been able to do them yet. Today will be a test to see how well my knee is healing. I really miss running! As of yesterday I am down another 1/2 pound. I would have been more if my eating would remain under control. TOTM is quickly approaching so I am blaming my eating bad on that. I need to really buckle down to lose these last 6 pounds.

SunnyD – Congrats baby Jaden! That is so great!! Annamarie won’t be too far behind him maybe another couple of weeks or so. Your workouts look great!!

Welcome Sara! We are always happy to have new Mommies join us. I hope your cleansing goes well.

Hello to Jana & Kristan!

So far I’m thinking that a weekly check-in will work for us. Are you all okay with that? I’m sure I won’t be able to check-in every day, but we can check-in whenever we want.

Have a wonderful day and week!

Good morning kristi and all to follow,

Kristi-glad to hear your knee is feeling better. i know that's a such a relief. congrats on the weight loss. how are you doing your pull-ups with p90x? i have a power tower but i am also thinking of buying the bands. let me know how you enjoy cc:D }(

weekly check-in works for me. don't know when i will be able to check in as my computer at home is down:(

this morning's workout was progressive strength by kimberly spreen. i cheated on cathe, shhhh:D i liked it it's a short weight workout using compound exercises. then i jumped on the elliptical for about 20 mins.

happy workouts ladies!

Sunny- I cheated on Cathe too with kimberly. Here's what I did last week: M: 4 mile run, T: 1 hour at gym, W: Step it Strong with Keli Roberts (LOVE! this DVD; the cardio is a little easy, but I modified it to be harder), R: nothing, F: Kickbutt: Steamin' Cardio and part of Push Pull with Kimberly Spreen, S: 2 mile walk with kids/husband

I am happy to keep a post going weekly.

Gus' head/neck xrays were normal. The pediatrician thinks (and I do too) that his sleeping problems and head tilt may be reflux. He's never been spitty or pukey though. I guess there is a "silent" reflux.

We've started Mylanta which made his head tilt straighten up and just went on Zantac for nighttime relief. We've seen great improvement in his naps and the first part of the night, but he still hits a rough patch at 3 am. I've read the Zantac can take a while to work so I am hopeful he'll sleep through the night for the first time in his life very soon. He's 8 1/2 months; it's about time.

My week was weird with many parts of our city without power. My pool was closed (no pumps), we had Mass in the dark and our reservations at a new restaurant were canceled. Overall, I'm extremely lucky we never lost electricity.

Have a great week.

Kristan

hello fitmommies!

kristan- how do you like push/pull by ks? is it a weight workout?
jaden had reflux as an infant (not the silent type) i hated it and glad he's over it. hope gus gets some relief.

today i did 3 miles on the treadmill.

Great run SunnyD! I really loved CC1. It was a great workout in a short amount of time (35 minutes). I'm looking forward to Friday when I can run again. It is really hard limiting my running to only 2 days a week for right now.

Let's see yesterdays workout was P90X Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper X. There were quite a few exercises on their that I had not seen before. However, I think they were effective. On schedule for today is KenpoX.

Kristan I'm so glad to hear that at least something is helping Gus' tilt and 'silent' reflux. I hope that it keeps working for him.

Well, I gotta begin my work day! Have a great day! Wave to all the mommies out there.

Hello Ladies!

I don't have much time, but I do have my computer back so I had to check in. I promised the kids we would go swimming. I have to get Kylee (19 months) to eat her yogurt before we go. Right now she is glued to Dora. She loves Dora! In desperate times, I love Dora, too!!!

Kristan, just thought I would let you know that none of my kids started sleeping through the night until after age 2. Kylee still wakes up! My older boys started sleeping at night around 2 to 2.5 years old. It sounds like a long time, but I got used to it! It goes by fast.

Tomorrow, I have to meet with Tyler's Kindergarten teachers and principal. His school has a K program 2 days a week to get the kids ready for school. It is really cool since Tyler is now familiar with the school and has meet some new kids. I will eat lunch with him tomorrow, which is also his last day of "practice" school.

Talk Later!

Sara
http://www.picturetrail.com/saraburnham1

Hello fit mommies!

How is everyone doing? My life is super crazy with school stuff right now and I am going super crazy. My knee is not healing very well from surgery so I have once again had another set back, no bike for about 1 week. It stinks!!! So now I am down to upper body and abs only!
Good news is I am still loosing weight by keeping the diet super clean! yeahh!

Sunny-on your advice I am going to get P90X. I sold some stuff on Ebay so now I have some xtra $$ for it yeah! I will keep you guys updated on when it comes in and how I do with it.

Kristi-Looks like you are getting into the P90X. Keep posting on how you are doing and when you start to see some results.

Sorry to have to be short, but my hands are full today and we are having bad storms today so I decided to make it "cleanmax" day around the house!

You guys have a great day and a great week!
Jana

hello fit mommies,

today i did 3.5 miles on the treadmill.

i've decided i am ready to "bring it". i will begin the lean rotation for p90x.

jana-i think you've made an excellent decision:D

kristi- let me know what you think of the workouts. i've been viewing them this week while on the treadmill. i am very excited to start!

happy days and workouts ladies!!

Hello Ladies! Wednesday turned out to be a rest day. I was too tired, or maybe just lazy. For some reason I just could not get into the mood to do KenpoX and it was too early to try to run on the treadmill again. However yesterday was better. I did Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X. It felt really weird to not be doing tons of squats and lunges, but I will give this a try and see if I need to maybe add an extra leg workout into the mix during the week. Today's workout will be Cardio Coach Volume 2. It is only 35 minutes but I plan to really push myself on the hills and sprints so that will make up for the short workout.

So far I am really liking P90X. It is challenging in a different way than Cathe. The only bad side I have noted so far is that I've gained 2 pounds, which I am sure is water weight or maybe my bad days of eating coming back to haunt me. I'm going to stick with the classic rotation and see where it takes me. I also need to fine tune my diet.

Kristan - My DS didn't sleep through the night until he was 11 1/2 months. Until that point he would get up every 2-3 hours to eat and not eat any more than 4 ounces at a time. I keep telling everyone he has the mini meal concept down to a science. Luckily DD started sleeping through the night at 9 months. I hope Gus starts to sleep through the night now that you almost have the silent reflux under control. How are the meds doing now that he has been on them for over a week now?

Sara - How did the meeting go with the kindergarten teacher and principal? I can't believe I will ge going through this next year when DS will be starting school. Time is going way to fast. On the bright side at least daycare will be cheaper since I will only have to do the afterschool program at that point, but then I will be putting the extra money aside in DS's college fund.

Jana - I think buying P90X is a good choice and safe investment. Even if you end up not caring for it then you can still resale it on ebay for almost what you paid for it.

SunnyD - Great job on the treadmill workouts. Are you using Cardio Coach? It has been so hard trying to keep my running down to 2 times a week. What day do you plan to start the lean rotation? Let me know how it goes for you. We can do this together.

Well, I'm off to work. Have a great weekend!! I probably won't get a chance to check in this weekend.

Kristi- i haven't been using cc. i have been doing my own intervals listening to tunes on my ipod:) .
i am going to start p90x on monday. i do think i will sub cardiox with a run. i viewed it and it doesn't seem that intense. i also want to make sure i can get in at the very least one run a week.

this morning i did turbo jam, kick, punch and jam. fun workout!

have a great weekend everyone!

Hey Sunny-What do you think of Turbo Jam? I am banned from step due to my knee so I need an alt and I am really thinking about Turbo Jam, but have rec'd mixed reviews. What do you think?

Hi everyone. I've gone missing for two days because I purposely didn't exercise. I cleaned the house and started moving furniture around (again). TOday I am running to the pool with the girls (about 2 miles) and then swimming laps while they have lessons.

Sunny- Push Pull and Steaming Cardio come on a DVD called Kickbutt. Push Pull is heavier weights circuited with kickbox by Kimberly SPreen. Steamin Cardio is very innovative, taught by Heidi Tanner, very "Firmy" feel to it. It has lighter weights circuited with all sorts of cardio. I do the Steaming Cardio then add the Kickbox and interesting weights from Push Pull.

Sara/Kristi- I think the reason I'm having such a hard time with my non-sleeping boy is that my two older girls were 'through the night' sleepers at 4 months. When he wakes up, it just isn't hunger. He's in pain. But, the good news is that he went from 7-7 two nights in a row with a bottle at 10 pm from my husband. So I think we have a solution: Mylanta, Zantac and switching to Nestle Good Start. I'm still nursing at most feedings, although I'm looking to wrap that up but only after we get this under control. The head tilt is gone.

Have a good weekend. I need some coffee.

Kristan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.