Fit Mom Check In (Week of 10/8 - 10/14) ALL WELCOME

kristi

Cathlete
Good morning ladies!

Right now I am sitting at my MIL's computer waiting for the rest of the house to wake up. Yes it is 9 a.m. I've been here since Friday night for a "girl's weekend" with my MIL & SIL. DH has been home with the kiddos. This weekend has been so much fun. We went shopping all day yesterday and went to Olive Garden for lunch. It is hard to believe in a couple hours I'll be headed back home. However, I have missed DH & the kids. Hopefully DH will appreciate what I do on a day-to-day basis a little bit more. Today I am hoping to get in a 4 mile run. I'll have to wait and see what I need to do when I get home first. Last week I got in 3 workouts - I think 1 strength training & 2 4 mile runs. However, I'm just trying to go by memory so I could be totally wrong.

Well, I hear someone up. I'll talk to you all tomorrow. Have a great day!

Hey ya'll!
I am new to the boards and I figured that this would be a good place to get started!! :)
This weekend has been great here in North Carolina! Our high was about 55 degrees! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Perfect days for the park. We are loving it.
Tomorrow starts my VERY FIRST workout with Cathe!!! I am so looking forward to it. Hopefully I don't kill myself! haha
My motivation is that I am going to 2 weddings in the next two months and there are going to be a lot of my husbands old college buddies there that I will be meeting for the first time! (we have been married for 2 1/2 years and are 23 and 27 yrs) So I want to be in tip top shape and be prime "show off" material!! hahaha
Can't wait to get that body back!!!!!!!!!! :)
I am gonna try to come on every day and let you know what I did that day for my workout...please keep me accountable!!! Feel free to rag on me if I slack!! It makes me work harder!
Look forward to "working" with ya'll!
Crystal

First baby: Broderick ("Brody")
Born:July 21, 2006
Length:22 inches
Weight:8 pounds,8 ounces

Updated Stats:
2 months(10 weeks)
Length:25 3/4 inches (97th %)
Weight:16 pounds!!! (97th %)

Pics: http://community.webshots.com/user/jarredandcrystal

Welcome Crystal and Congrats on your new baby! So which Cathe will be your first? My very first was Power Max about 5 years ago. Try to do as much as you can, and don't be disappointed if you are not able to make it through all the way. The choreography can take a little bit to get used to, if you are going to do step for the first time. You will be able to get through it over time. Keep up the good work.

Well, yesterday did not go as planned. I was not able to fit in a run because I had so much housework to catch up on. Oh well. Today is supposed to be beautiful and warm, 75. Perfect weather for a run. However DD needs to be taken to the doctor for a yeast infection. Also she has been having insomina from 11:30 p.m. until 2:30 or 3:30. It has been really hard getting up at 6:15 to get ready for work lately. Maybe the infection is causing her to have this. I guess I will see.

I hope everyone has a great day!

hello fitmommies!!

last week was a good week for me as far as working out. i just need to do better at eating on the weekends. i just totally loose itx( . anyway, it's a new week so i am starting over.

kristi-sounds like you had a really great weekend. good for you! will our dh's ever realize how much we do-nope i doubt it.they are just thrilled to not have to do it:p . i really hope dd feels better and is able to sleep thru the night really soon.

crystal-welcome!!! congratulations on your new baby boy! where do you live in nc? i live in winston salem.

hello kristan, karen and any other fitmommies;-)

Hi everyone!!

Just got my son down for a nap (wow, guess it's been 45 minutes now..yikes..) and thought I'd check in. I spent most of the weekend working, but got Circuit Max in Sun. I work part-time (some evenings and weekends) at a golf course. I work inside the clubhouse, but yesterday I was on the 'beer cart'. x( Ugh...I dread the beer cart for some reason. Yesterday was a 'couples night' and there weren't too many. I felt like I was stalking them.

Kristi, a "girls weekend" sounds awesome!!

Sunny, how old are your boys? They're beautiful!!

Crystal, which workout did you do? I think my first one was Step Heat. It kicked my rear, but then it totally addicted me.

Karen, I'm not sure if I like the arc trainer as well as the elliptical. I've used it twice and both times I really felt it in my calves the next day. Really weird. Probably because I was gripping on for dear life with my toes. :7

Ugh...the time...off to do KPC before son wakes.
Tana

Last week ok; weekend crazy as expected.

m- run 3 miles/stairs
t- gym
w- Kickbox Bootcamp, or something like that, with K.Spreen
r- nothing
f- 3 mile walk/run, ME legs, SJP step (legs were fried entire weekend; maybe it's the run/ME leg combo?)
s- birthday party, soccer game, mass, Oktoberfest
sun- art festival, brunch, birthday party

You have no idea how much crap I ate all weekend- cake, vodka, beer, bratwurst, yummy brunch food, etc.

Have a great week. I have Strength TOolbox from Netflix. I hope to do 10-20 minute segment every night before bed and concentrate on cardio during the day.

kristan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.