FEELIN' HOT HOT HOT.....July

Stacy

Cathlete
....ok it's a silly song, but it's hot in July and we're hotties! Let's make this a fun and productive month!!

hahahaha....yeah....it's hot...hot...hot that's funny! Happy July!

Wow! Donna, that rotation makes me dizzy, I'm just gonna have to look at it again! whew! Mine starts tomorrow.

Have a Great Day! Thanks Stace!

Linda :eek:

Just a quick post before I'm late for work!!

Donna....what a rotation! Don't think I could do it all!

Linda....how's the steps going? I only have Rhythmic Step on VHS but keep thinking about getting it on dvd, it's such a fun workout once you learn the steps, definitely a different groove than the rest of Cathe's workouts

I was going to do a circuit workout today but wasnt in the mood to think so I hopped on the treadmill and did the 5K program and did a walk/jog...mostly jog. I'll be busy this weekend and not sure when I'll have time to fit in a workout so after work tonight I'm going to work my "glamour muscles" (as Tony Horton calls them)...going to do the 58 min Premix from KCM's Muscle Definition....Shoulder/Biceps/Triceps/Abs...love the ab work on this dvd!

B---lower sugar instant oatmeal + hard boiled egg

Gotta go....

Found you :D

I really tried to make a rotation that was fun and stretched me. I backed off on GymStyles for July - it was just too hard for me right now. And, I am not doing any circuit work so I can focus on weight and cardio separately. Next month - maybe circuit will be the focus. Also, I used the list from the threads that "ranked" CATHE workouts for intensity and decided to go for lower intensity this month in my cardio.

I will do my best - today is Interval Max, Push Pull, Yoga - should be fun!

Nice day here in Atlanta - my garden is beckoning for some compost - so, here I go!

Linda - I have Rhythmic Step in my rotation - let me know how it goes.

Stacy - is Interval Max = IMAX? I am confused with that...

Have a great one!

Donna

Hello....got my p.m. workout in, went well. Diet on track for the most part today except for cheesecake at lunch (office bday party for a co-worker...have had 2 of those this week!)

Donna.....yes, it's Interval Max...that one's a toughie, I'd never be able to do a weight workout and IMax in the same day without having a lower energy level for whichever workout I did second!

Linda...how was your day?

I'll share a funny quote from the KCM's workout I did tonight....."If this workout is a piece of cake....don't eat it!!"

Last edited:
R-H-Y-T-H-M-I-C step.....that one that just made me think, yeah, I want to do more of these!

I'll let you you know tomorrow, it's a keeper Stace, Also on that disc, MIC & the original I Max, haven't even looked at those yet! You will really like it Donna, know it. Everything was so-so today with one bright spot, actually just made my day, sometimes, when you least expect it, things just turn around, I'm all for pleasant surprises.
This month's all about strength building, I decided that an equal amount of cardio would balance things out, and I wanted to do some new steps.

Hear you "Glamour Girl" Stace, Step max has that Strike a Pose, I'm thinkin' those are the muscles you're talkin' about? :D

Linda

Rhythmic Step
Made It! that was the first time I did it on the step, the whole way through!
I practiced half on the floor a couple times, & then did it once thru on the floor this week, wow! I was soaked through :p I did stop a couple times, drank a whole bottle of water, & it wasn't all that pretty ;) by the last combo I was low kicking everything without the jumps, all said, 557 calories in 65 minutes, woo hoo!

Just for comparison, basic step was that hard last year in October when I first started with Cathe workouts, I think it actually took me a couple weeks to get through that & more for body fusion. I still have to work on flexibilty, strength, cardio, but YIPPEE! I made it!

I put this in the rotation 4 times this month, just in case, & just to see! Yee haa!

Now that was just F-U-N !!!!!! thanks girls for asking , I think it gave me that little extra to keep going! :eek:
Linda

Good Morning!

Slow & Heavy Chest, Tris, & Abs today, so far knees & hams feel okay, used to get very tight after stepping a lot, not so much anymore, at least all's a go so far. Over time my knees have adapted to many more moves & more impact, though the latter, requires considerable planning & patience....it's okay...or as Cathe would say "Don't Panic" :D:D:D

Have a Happy Holiday!
Seriously considering the Hotdog Kabob! veggie, veggie, hot dog slice, veggie veggie, hot dog slice, veggie, veggie.... I mean, what's the 4th without hot dogs?

Linda :)

Linda....YOU GO GIRL!! Good Job with Rythmic Step!!!

Donna....how's your weekend so far???

I worked at 4th of July festival in the morning and then grocery shopping in the afternoon, then dinner with the inlaws. I havent worked out yet and it's already 7pm and I just got done with dinner. If I feel sufficiently digested I may do something around 8:30 or so, but if not, will workout in the morning.

No hot dogs for us......having burgers on Monday, no real plans for tomorrow.

Hi Stace, Hi Donna!

Really like Slow & Heavy so far, went down on the weight to start, laughed when I heard the "shakin' like a Chihauhau" one, can see how that happens...:)

Step Max today, glad you still had time to get the jog in Stace, How's things at the Y, Donna, love to hear about your classes, something I've never done, sounds cool.

Have a Great Day!
Linda

Hey Stace, Donna

checkin' in with Slow & Heavy Legs & Shoulders today, went down on the weights again, I love the focus on this one, in a way, it's nearly zen-like, I'm sure it would've been if I'd maxed out the lifts. Stace, think she'll ever do an Extra Slow & Really Heavy? :) or is that STS Meso #3 ;) (actually this one is really heavy for me :eek: )

How's everthing Donna, BTW, I looked at the BF blog (was wondering how that's going for you & thinking more about it) , interesting articles on there about all kinds of things. Also looking into periodization more, even though I could still do anything & get the benefit, I like making a plan, what does your trainer have in store for you?

350-2T.jpg

Have a Great Day! :)
Linda

Hey, where 'd everybody go?

rest day today, and then there's the heat, it's going to be hot one here. :rolleyes:

Keep cool if it's crispy where you are!

Linda :)

Hello...the forums were down a bit this weekend everytime I tried to check-in! Let's see, I think I last left off talking about the 2 mile treadmill run I did Saturday night. Sunday I did Squeeze Stronger Upper Body and abs premix. A decent frier for using such light weights. Yesterday I ate like a pig at a cookout and didnt workout, but I'm back in a good mindset today. I'm planning on a long walk on the treadmill in prep for walking the half marathon, havent done a long walk in awhile.

Weigh in yesterday...132.4 (Starting weight 136.0 on 6/21)

Have a good week....gonna be HOT HOT HOT here too!

Hi Stace! Donna!

Well, that S & H should come with a little warning, " Weights may be heavier than they appear! " :D sure glad I decided to go lighter for the first week.

Donna, where are you?....wanted to ask you...about the BFBM, ( in my whiney little kid voice....) really hope all is well & you're surviving the heat. It was something yesterday.

Back, Biceps, & Abs today.

Have a great one!
Linda

Had intentions of working out this morning but I had a restless night so I was tired and skipped it. Tonight we sat at a VERY hot baseball game. Amazing how drained I feel and all I did was sit there. If I can muster up some motivation, I plan on doing Cathe's Bootcamp in the morning before work.

Looks like we're in for a temporary reprieve from the heat, Rhythmic Step today, I can really feel the weights working, in a good way, tomorrow I'm celebrating Wii Fit anniversary, I thought I'd go back and do all the yoga & strength exercises to see how my balance is now, a year later. I think too maybe try a system for tracking my workouts & numbers in a more systematic way. I haven't use calipers yet, just the calculators from online, between the Navy, YMCA, and various other sources, my BF is anywhere from 21 to 29, obviously that's not very accurate, tape measure will have to do for now. After looking back at this year, logging in my weight & measurements, right on the Cathe Calendar spot, made a huge difference in how I looked at overall progress, as well as writing in workouts every day. Between those and my day planner: calories burned, heart rate before, during, & after workout, morning HR, evening HR, food, had numerous ways to chart progress, and get an idea of what to do next. Seriously haven't put this much time and effort into a commitment since? so worth it. So worth it.

Linda:)

Congrats on your anniversary!! It's such a good feeling looking back and seeing how far you've come!

This morning I did Cathe's Low Impact Step...usually that's my 'easy' workout but man oh man my legs felt like lead and I was sweating buckets for some reason. Maybe b/c of the heat, though my house is cold with A/C or maybe b/c my cals have been a tad lower the last few days to "compensate" for my horrendous eating at Monday's cookout, or maybe it's just one of those things. Tomorrow is a planned rest day and this weekend, I'm definitely going to do some sort of weight workout since I havent done weights since Sunday.

Stay cool....gonna be anothe scorcher here today then "cooling off" to 85 for the weekend!

Hi Donna!!

Thanks Stace,

I gave myself a few milestones, that, My Fitness Coach, Cathe's beginner start, weights, step routines. Enough that if some don't work out as well, I have something else to look at. Then too, I know what to focus on. (don't you dare say the P-word...hee, hee, hee)

It's gotta be the heat as number one least fun-factor of the day, gotta give us a pat on the back for gettin' it done, buckets o' sweat & all. I'll have to go back to all veggie all the time in this heat, it just was easier on the whole system, and cool.
snoopy_pushups.gif

Still at it :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.