February CHECK IN << Tues. 3rd >>

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Good Tuesday Morning Ladies!

Day 2 of ETK plus Imax2

Personals carried over from yesterday:

Chris ETK is a follow along planned kettlebell 12 week program workbook. The routines are timed. I got it over at Art of Strentgh it's not a dvd.

I'm happy to hear that you loved your w/o yesterday just keep on posting results as I will look at each that come in as reviews and will help me determine if its something I want or not ;)

Beth I always escape for a good soak if I'm having some serious DOMs also having some lighted scented candles w/ a nice glass of wine helps too.

Kathy
I have Imax2 planned for myself today also :) Its my all time favorite

Time for me to get moving as the kiddos are having a slow start this morning.

BBL...........

picture.php

Goodmorning Vilma and all who follow:

Today is LM Premix intervals 1-4 plus 20 mins of Abs. It was supposed to be Treadmill run for 35 mins, but I do now I have a treadmill, but it's my husbands and I don't like running so I decided to do LM. I got my Ryka's yesterday and they are SO CUTE!!! I never thought I would love Black Shoes, but I tried them on and they are so cute and make my feet look so much smaller! I can't wait to try them today!! YAY!!

Chris: I'm glad you enjoyed STS. I can't wait till Cathe starts talking about MMA so I won't feel left out, lol. Don't be embarassed about doing PU's on your knees, I'm the same way. I've been working out for years and STILL can't do PU's on my toes, lol. I feel like I weight 1000 lbs. I wonder if the only equiptment needed to buy for STS is that push up bar then?

Vilma: Enjoy your workout today!! I love IM2!

Well, have to get ready to work today! I'll workout after work. Have a wonderful day everyone! I'll BB later!

Good morning!! Vilma, are you enjoying doing the ETK workouts?

Ivy, I have those same shoes -- in black, too. I have two pairs of black Rykas, actually -- I like them in black. Meant to tell you that yesterday -- glad you like them!

Kathy/Chris, it'll be interesting to hear about your DOMs this morning. I'm starting to think I may skip clx third phase and jump into STS after my vacation -- we'll see. I think having clx broken up with a vacation is going to make it hard to get back into it. I want to preview that third phase and see if I might do it with the band for that almost week I'm gone.

No soak for me last night -- I was so tired I just went to bed by 8:00. I woke up from some strange dream where I'd been applying to some ivy league college and they were making me take some brutal physical fitness test, but I was sure I would do fine on it. How crazy is that?!

I did clx push 2 (shoulders) this morning, plus 4DS LIS core and stretch.

Joanne, everything ok?

have a great day!

-Beth

Hey Chicas!

I got done with IMAX2 and Ab Circuits: No Equipment (was on yesterday's schedule, but I didn't have time). Big fun factor on IM2!! And my HR was UP there , I think moreso, since my rest week. The Abs Circuit WO was very cool! God, I love Cathe. She makes me smile every time! and the exercises were familiar, but done in a different way. I liked it!

Vilma: Oh! Your KB work sounds cool. It's nice to be able to follow something. And you are using HEAVY stuff there! Hope you enjoyed IMAX2 as much as I did today...

Beth:
From yesterday...Yeah, that's weird. I thought there was more than enough time in between exercises on STS yesterday. All my weights are right there too, near the TV. I even had time for sips of water. Not sure what was with the other review saying differently. Hey, I thought Cathe's FEB Rotation looked ALOT like FF's, Speaking of FF's rotations! It's a combo of GS and PS! I'm thinking you could scale down the cardio for STS as you see fit. ... And, YES! I have pretty good DOMS from yesterday!! Esp in my shoulders. Wow. I hardly every feel it in my shoulders like this. Chest and bi's are feeling it too!! :D..... Hey, I think you should start STS ASAP! Do it with us! When do you expeect it to come? What week are you going away?

Kathy: Glad you liked the STS style yesterday too! Will you just go without 1RM's this round, you think? Still with the 1RM's yesterday, I felt I would have to adjust for next round anyways. SOme of the weight amounts were off for me. Hope you enjoy IMAX 2 today, too!

Ivy: What rotation are you doing? I forget! LM is a goodie!... Do you mean the Pull UP bar for STS? Seriously, I already have weights, band, and ball. I don't even think you need a pull up bar. I'm going to do my pull-ups on my weight bench with my barbell. But they also have the variation to use a toning tube with handles.

Hope you're doing ok, Joanne!!

I could spend forever on this STS stuff here, I swear! I have to go shopping and then have a busy afternoon with eye appts for the boys and then early supper, and Zach's b-ball practice! :eek:

Chris, I think the reason I thought again about Cathe & FF's rotation is because I had peeked at the Feb. rotation and realized it looked a lot like FF's. Interesting.

Ok, you are getting my really excited about starting STS. In fact, I thought, "oh why don't I just go ahead and start it?!" and then I remembered it hasn't yet arrived!!! Doh! I think I need some coffee....... it's supposed to arrive Wed., but as I said, we have really bad luck with UPS, so I'm thinking Thursday or maybe even Friday. We'll see. It took CLX about an extra week to be delivered! But that was at the holidays, so maybe that's why.

Glad to hear you weren't so rushed with the first workout. Part of what I'm excited about STS is the ab circuits, the bonus leg work, and the extended stretch. I'd love to tack on some of each every day but I know that won't happen -- extra stretching is always good for me though!

Oh, I'm going away the week after next, so, I'm kind of figuring I'll do one more heavy week with clx, then I'm away, and when I'm back I can start STS. I have a feeling I'm going to be out of sync with everyone -- oh well.....

-Beth

Hey everyone...

Checking in today with Imax 2...Great workout...

Beth: Not too many DOMS. I do have some in my back/lats...It is funny how different workouts and days give you different DOMS. I must have really pushed my back exercises yesterday. I also feel some in my shoulders. They are a weak area for me....

Chris: I think I will keep going like I have been and go down one dumbbell then usual for 60%....For Meso 2, I was thinking I would add my weighted gloves to add more for the 70%..I think I will still get the effects. I mean I am feeling it from yesterday...Oh and I love Cathe too. I smile at her funnies even though I hear them all the time...That ab workout from yesterday was tough..Don't ya think??

Ivy: I orderd an new pair of Ryka's last week too. Are you really liking the black? I have stayed away from the black ones because I didn't think I would like them..I may have to go to the store and check them out. I usually order online. I got my lastest pair from Sierra Trading Post. Where do you get yours?

Vilma: Hope you enjoyed that Imax 2 too!!!

Talk to you all later..Gotta get to drawing lessons!!

Hello friends!

Today I decided to do Imax 2 Intervals 6-10 plus 10 Min Sol Tummy Trimmers Yoga Abs. I had a great workout! I sweated a lot. Now, I'm so sored from yesterday's workout. I can't wait for tomorrow's workout!

Beth: Sounds like you had a great workout! WTG! Today I was able to try my Rykas and I love them! They are very cute! I'm glad they are black because they will never look dirty, lol.

Chris: WTG on Imax2! I love that workout! I love the Piña Colada song! I'm doing Cathe's Jan 09 Rotation, but made a few changes on workouts I didn't have and added Cardio on Weight days. I could never buy a pull up bar because I could never pull myself up anyways, lol!!

Kathy: WTG on IM2. I'm so glad I wasn't alone doing that workout today, even though I only did Intervals 6-10. I've NEVER bought myself black gym shoes before because I thought they were ugly and would not look nice on me. So, I took the chance and ordered these Rykas on Zappos.com and when I got them in the mail I was surprised they weren't as ugly as they looked online. They are actually really cute and when I put them on they looked really nice too and make my feet look SO little and I'm a size 9!

Well, I have to get some Laundry Max done. Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Hey guys!

Sorry no check in yesterday. I popped in the school gym for a 30min elliptical run just to get some cardio in and then followed Cathe's rotation and did GS:BSB. It was funny because I kept on going, am I done yet, am I done yet? and then I when I was done, I was very happy. Today I did the BM2 Timesaver Premix plus B&G stability ball abs. The premixes were pretty nice. I had never done the timesaver one before and I liked it for a short workout...though I added in 30s recovery after the blast. And the abs...well, you all know that I'm having a hard time with the ab work but I keep on trying and slowly I can do a little more. I can't wait until the day I can really work all of it!

Vilma -- hope you had fun with your workout! It sounds super fun! It's like combining your two favorite things: Imax2 and KBs!

Ivy -- I have black rykas too. I love mine. I think they look so cool...

Beth -- that is a strange dream for sure! If I may ask, where are you going? Is it a vacation? Man, you sure have patience to wait to open STS!

Chris -- Seriously, all the praise you guys give for STS makes me so jealous! But its better this way if you keep on talking about it because that way Joe and I can read your comments and get a good picture of what it entails. Sounds like you have a busy day -- hope you survive!

Kathhy -- I said it earlier -- I love my black Rykas. They just look so cool! When Zappos used to price match, I used Zappos to get them but I've used STP to grab on saucony and I've seen Rykas for great prices there too.

I have a dinner later tonight with some of Joe's friends. Not too thrilled about it because its yet another day where I eat more than I intended...and yeah, I don't love these guys either...but more importantly we have no time to go home and get to the place so I came in late dressed up for dinner so I look totally out of place compared to the other grad students and postdocs. But I'm getting used to these 6 inch platforms and I have to say, I like being taller. :)

BBL

Hottie: WTG with your workout today! I think tomorrow I have down GSBSB. I really love the GS series. That's so cool that you are size 9 too just like me :) Have a good day!

Hi ladies. I'm doing fine - just busy, busy, busy - at home and work. No time for personals (I know - I'm usually chatty Cathy! :), but just wanted to stop in...

Today was an unplanned rest day. Well, it's a rest day on the CLX schedule, but I usually do some cardio. Planned to run on the treadmill at work, but never made it. Oh well.

My mom called a little while ago and said my dad thinks he broke a rib???? Doesn't make much sense, but they took him to the emergency room. He's saying he thinks it happened when DH lifted him up yesterday when we took him to the eye doctor. Doesn't seem like that would break a rib - I'm worried it's something else like his heart. My mom's been calling giving me updates. I'm leaving here in a few minutes.

Joanne

Oy Its been so busy for me and I'm beat.

My son just called so I need to go pick him up soon as he's done w/ a meet his track team had.

I ended up doing what I had planned early this morning Imax 2 followed w/ day2 of ETK w/o which was only a 5 m. routine of TGU :) I am really liking ETK as it's a nice planned program that tells you what exercise to do within a time frame and you progress as you go along. I just hope I have the focus to keep up with it for 12 weeks :eek:

Tomorrow I plan on BootCamp and day3 of ETK if I have the energy. I have TOM approaching soon and it always sucks my life force:confused:, well it sure seems that way:rolleyes:.

I'm ready for bed and can not wait to take another shower and get in my jammies already.

Joanne I hope your dad does not have a broken rib and its something other than that & not serious.

Chris
you know I had fun w/ Imax 2 ~ that workout is something else but something about it always makes me smile . I love it and in my opinion is one of the best of Cathe's cardios.

Beth don't worry about being out of sync - remember you're doing it for you but it is neat when you can check in and compare notes with others who are doing the same thing ;)

Kathy - yup I had a good time w/ Cathe & crew this morning.

Ivy I never even thought about getting black sneakers but you are so right that they'll never 'get' dirty I'm a size 9 in Rykas too ;) one would think with being so darned short 5'2" I would have small size 6 feet like my mom lol :rolleyes:

Hottie how are your feet doing?

Like you said about the reviews coming in for STS is good; as that also gives me an idea of what it entails and if it may be something I would want.

What I'm really looking forward to are the 3 month stats and how folks are dealing with it i.e. tiredness, hunger, inches lost etc. and what their total views are after they complete the program :cool::D

Heavy weight work when I do it; I tend to do it during the summer time when fresh fruits and veggies are ample and when I can actually rest more for that type of work.

Oh snap! I need to go get my boy...... whoops :eek:
picture.php

Ok, how silly am I because I read all the shoe size posts going -- cool, I could swap shoes with so many people! :) My sister has smaller feet than me so we can't. But I know how you feel Vilma -- I'm almost 5'3" and I don't know why I can't have cute small feet like my mother and sister. (I have freakishly wide feet too but its only near the toes so I stretch out all my sneakers in the same place so you know when its my shoe!)

Joanne: I'm glad you are doing good! It's good to hear from you! I know it's hard to always keep up with online stuff when we are busy :). I hope everything is ok with your dad.

Vilma: WTG on your workout today. One question...What time do you usually workout? I'm 5'6". I took the risk of getting the black shoes since with Zappos you can return them and not worry if I didn't like them. But, I love them and don't want to return them, BUT, I do see that I must buy workout clothes that match the black shoes. LOL! Goodnight!

Hottie: LOL!!!!! Oh my gosh! You read my mine. When I kept reading that me, you and Vilma are size 9, I was like, WOW, we can actually swap gym shoes, LOL!!!! How funny! I can just imagine it, like when people swap workout DVDs, imagine us swapping gym shoes, LOL!!

Goodnight everyone! I'll BB tomorrow. I'm SO glad tomorrow I have nothing to do, well...Laundry Max (since I didn't finish it today). Looking forward to tomorrow's workout!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.