FEBRUARY CHECK IN ::: Tues. 10 :::

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Just getting us started and thinking about doing a TM run :)

Personals from Last Night:

Ivy I hope you woke up feeling better and that cold has not gotten worse. Seems you had a good time at the Y

Chris I totally forgot I have the perfect push ups ~ my ds has them somewhere in his room.

Beth I'll be trying that mat roll up thingy to see if it helps but at this point I'm wearing my wrist braces until they feel better. Thanks for the link ;)

Hmmm too bad that extended stretch in STS is not all that ~ Don't be afraid to say any negatives you come across as that helps those of us waiting to see if the program is right for us or not to decide.

Hope to BBl....

picture.php

Goodmorning Vilma and all who follow

Today I woke up feeling a little better than last night so I hope I feel much better later today so that I can do my workout. I was going to get up at 4:45 to workout, but I didn't want to take my chances because I wasn't sure I would be able to workout if I'm not feeling 100%. But, if I feel much better at the end of the day, I will get up tomorrow early again to workout.

Vilma: Enjoy your TM run! :) I'm feeling a little better then last night, even though I couldn't sleep that good last night. I kept waking up every hour. I hope that I feel much better as the day goes by. Thank you! :)

Well, I'm going to get ready for work. If after work I feel better I will be doing 4DS BC as is, YAY!! I love that workout!! So I HOPE I feel great!

I'll BB later. Have fun working out girls!

Good morning everyone..

Vilma: Enjoy that TM run!!

Ivy: Hope you are feeling better!!

Today's workout for me is going to be LoMax....

Be back later..

Beth: I did the stretch yesterday...I hadn't done it since last Monday and I didn't mind and had actually forgot most of it. But, I will tire of it too soon..I will just do other stretches. Do all the cycles have that stretch or just this first one?

Good morning!!

Kathy, I think they all have that stretch, from what I can tell. Vilma, good point on the negatives for you guys -- I just don't want to be critical in the big forum because I feel bad for Cathe & crew when people complain over sometimes the smallest things.

This morning I did CLX lean circuit 2 -- shoulders with some back work. I sometimes can't figure out how she decided this split because if I recall correctly, day 3 of lean is chest and back, so why two days of back work? Well, at any rate, I liked today better than #1 -- it didn't seem to drag for me. More funny moves with the band and I was realizing my band should have been tied tighter. Oh well. The toughest move today was a plank with one arm doing a row, and then plank with one arm doing a lateral raise. I had a hard time holding the plank so long on the one arm -- wrist problems!! You probably wouldn't like that part much, Vilma. Oh, I think there was also a held runner's lunge with row, and I found that tough -- I had picked up my 25s and I think it was a bit too heavy to do a double row with 25s. Single seems ok somehow.

Ivy, you're right to take it easy if you're getting sick! But once you know you're well, keep trying that morning thing -- I think you'll like it.

Dylan just woke up -- can't tell if I should send him to school or not -- I hate this part of parenting. :confused:

Have a great day everyone!

-Beth

Forgot to tell you squeeze stronger fans that I tacked on the waist and abs work from that -- haven't done it in a while and it was so tough again! Her ab work is tougher than Cathe's for me, I think partly because some of Cathe's toughest ab/core work is just impossible for me, so that doesn't really work. :D But I think the pointers that Tracy gives really helps me to work it harder. As I was doing that ab work I was thinking that I'm sort of afraid to tackle the whole workout again -- after doing CLX, I'm not sure I have the endurance to get through it! (yikes, how am I going to get through week 1 of meso 1?!)

-Beth

Hey Girls!

I was really looking forward to , and did, Low Max. It felt good (in a sadistic kind of way) to work my lower body that way. Man oh man! My thighs burn like crazy with some of those blasts!! Reminded my legs of the soreness after STS Disc 3 last week! :eek: Hottie... I thought of you , wondering if you have this workout? It is an AMAZING low impact cardio. You'd like it! (I think).

Vilma: Yes, Enjoy your TM today! I know I sound like a broken record, but I'm dying to do a run lately!! Go away snow and ice, GO AWAY!!

Kathy: How are you feeling this morning? Any DOMS from yesterday? I did my workout in the afternoon, so maybe it's waiting to kick in until later. My bicceps and shoulders were a bit tight during Low Max though.

Beth: Yeah, weird about the Back work on consecutive days. Do you work the back differently, like different parts of it? Band work always does fun up a workout, I think. Plus it burns the heck out of my muscles, always! Is there a lot of band work in CLX? You nailed it on Cathe's ab work!! Yes, they are too tough to even do sometimes. I hardly ever "feel" it anymore. The one ab workout that always gets me is TJ: Ab Jam. She does some different Core moves. I also had a hard time holding the planks in Abs: Yoga yesterday because of my wrists. I mean, after all those push ups. Plus my shoulders were getting sore! ... I wanted to ask you, is the stretch the same in all the CLX workouts too? Or is that the warm ups?.... Hey, you will do GREAT on STS! You did so good (and enjoyed!) FF's rotations! This is very similar as far as the split goes!

Today was actually going to be a nothing day, but of course I found a bunch of stuff I need to do. (isn't here always?). One thing I'm looking foward to is picking up a book I ordered at the library. "We Suck" by Denis Leary. that guy cracks me up!

hey gals, just a quick fly by for now as I stayed home late from work to do a workout but since I still have no heat I had to wait some time to get it near a temperature reasonable to work out in. I did LIC (except the abdominals) and it felt great. Chris -- I do have Low Max and I did it on Saturday. I'm trying to see with premixes and the weight lifting dvds what I can do for the next couple weeks as I try to let my foot heal. Ok, gonna pop into shower and then off to work!

Chris, "Wait, Wait don't tell me" had Dennis Leary on when his book came out, and they joked that after reading the book they realized they were going to have to put Dennis' segment on a three month time delay. :D Let me know how you like the book -- he was very funny in the interview.

You asked about the CLX stretches -- to be honest, I usually skip her stretch and put in a Cathe one instead, because hers are sooooo short. Funny enough, today I did it before popping in Squeeze Stronger and it seemed a little longer and better than I remember. I don't know if my memory is off or if she changes up the stretches. The warmup is definitely the same the whole way through. I've just about got it memorized. ;)

Hottie, how cold does your place get?! I work out without any heat -- it was warm in the room the night before, but then it cools down all night without heat. Your place must get really cold!!

Oh, and I forgot to comment on your VDay gifts, did I? Very cool! Love the weight stand!

-Beth

Hi ladies! I've missed you all for a couple days. I actually did start to post yesterday, but again it somehow vanished! :(

Craziness in my life as usual! Caitlyn has been sick with a fever and cold since last Thursday. Went up to 104.6 on Sunday. Why do these things always happen on the weekends? We got it down with Motrin and cool water, but still scary. I took her to the doctor yesterday and she said it's just something that's going around and the fevers last 5-7 days. She gave her an antibiotic just in case it's strep cause her throat looked horrible. She's allergic to amoxicillin (that pink bubble-gummie stuff we all had as kids!) so she gets zithromax. That stuff is naaaasssty! She hates it with a passion. Gave it to her yesterday - five minutes later she throws it all up all over herself and the couch. Uggghh!! One of those days where you'd rather be at work than home!

Boys' schedules are crazy with soccer and basketball. Dealing with a new issue with Colin. He loves soccer, always has. Just crazy about it. And, he's pretty good. He usually plays with the park district and has always been one of the better players. Well, we signed him up with a club. Now he hates it. Cries and complains when it's time to go to practice or a game. I can't figure out what the problem is. I stay at the practice and watch him, so I know he's not being teased or the coach is not doing anything inappropriate. I think it might be because this team is much more competitive. He actually just loves playing the game and doesn't really care if they win or not. Which is a really good thing. Now I feel bad for pushing him into this and something he loved, now he hates! He's also signed up for the spring, but we told him we'll cancel and he doesn't have to play for this team. He's going to play for the school we go to CCD at. He played for them last year and loved it. But, we told him he agreed to play for the club this winter and he needs to finish it out.

It's supposed to be 60 degrees here today. Yes, that's 60 above, not below zero!! Nice change of pace! I have to get out and enjoy it somehow. It'll be gone tomorrow....

Hottie, sorry to hear about your foot! But, it sounds like you are doing the right things. Do you have any Leslie walking DVDs. I know, they sound really easy, but there are a few that are actually kind of intense. And, it's all low-impact.

Beth, how is the Lean phase different than the Burn phase? Are you starting up STS soon? I was thinking of trying out SqS again to see how I would do after doing CLX. If it seems harder or easier.

Ivy, hope you are feeling better! Try Zicam - it worked for me (thanks Chris!).

Vilma, did you get in that TM run?

Kathy, I always forget about LowMax! That's a good one.

Chris, yes, the warm-up and cooldowns are just about the same in all the CLX workouts. Gets pretty old!

I started the Push phase of CLX Monday. Today I did the new Jillian Michael's workout - Burn Fat/Banish Metabolism - something like that. Good cardio workout. Oh wait - it's not Banish Metabolism, that wouldn't be good, would it? ;) Anyway, good workout.

Back to work...

Joanne

Hello!!

Well, I went to work today and was not feeling that good, but still went. Then after work I started to feel a little better so I went ahead and did 4DS BC (As is) and it was great! I had no problems getting through the workout and now I feel much better, lol. I hope I feel 100% better by tomorrow :)

Kathy: I hope you enjoyed LM. I haven't done that one in a while (I think).

Beth: WTG with CLX. I remember when I had wrist problems for MONTHS!! I couldn't hardly do anything that involved my wrists. Then my doc gave a shot there in my wrist and told me to use Traumeel and the pain is GONE. Have you tried that cream?? It's awesome!!

Chris: WTG with LM. I know what you mean about "there is always something to do" when you think there isn't. Tomorrow I have nothing to do so far, but I wouldn't be surprised if something showed up and had to be done, lol.

Hottie: WTG on LIC. I love that workout.

Joanne: Sorry to hear Caitlyn was sick. I know my DS was feeling that way last week too. I've heard there are lots of kids around here that are feeling that way. Yes, I'm going to have to buy that Zicam. Do I take that while I'm sick or when I feel like I'm starting to get sick? I bought that same workout of Jillian's last week. I hope I get it in the mail soon!!!

Yesterday I bought STS Abs Circuit. I'm hoping to be able to buy STS soon. All this talk about it is making me want it, lol.

Well, I have tons of Laundry to do and get dinner ready soon. DD is still in school, but I have to get her in an hour. I hope you all have a wonderful day! I'll try to BB later :)

Ivy, Zicam works best if you take it as soon as you start to feel sick. I had a wicked sore throat a couple weeks ago which always turns into a bad cold for me. I took it for a couple days and was fine! Never progressed. Good for you for getting through BC! I'm PM'ing you about STS....

Joanne, so good to hear from you! Sorry to hear about Caitlyn -- I hope she's feeling better soon (and keeping down the zithromax!)! That is a bummer about the soccer -- I know sometimes when it gets competitive a lot of kids don't like it so much anymore -- I think it's too much pressure! But maybe it's a different mix of kids, too? It's so hard to make them stick out a commitment when they're miserable, isn't it?

The lean phase is back to up to 12 reps and it's combination moves again, but different than in the burn phase -- it gets the core and your balance involved even more. I think I'll start STS after next week (we go skiing, so I'm going to count it as a "rest" week).

Good to hear it's a nice day there -- I think you're warmer than we are today! I had quite a thick layer of ice/frost on my car this morning, and I was just out for lunch and it still feels pretty cold! Hope you enjoy while you can!

-Beth

Hi everyone..

Had a great workout today with Lowmax...

Chris: I do have DOMS..Just like last week..I have good soreness. Where it is sore, but I can function. That is great news to me. I think it is good to slowly increase those weights...

Joanne: Thanks for letting me know that Zicam is great! I'm going to get it then because here in FL I've been getting more sick then anywhere else I've ever lived. I guess it's the crazy weather of one day it's hot and the other is cold. Pm'd you back :) Thank you!

Kathy: WTG on LM!!

Goodnight everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.