FEBRUARY CHECK IN ::: Mon. 2nd :::

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Well Hello there & good morning!

Here we are in Feb. where did Jan. go?

Hoping all had a pleasant weekend.

Today I plan on starting ETK (Enter The Kettlebell workbook) along w/ a Cathe w/o.

Have a lovely day!

picture.php

Goodmorning Vilma and all who follow.

Today on schedule is BM2, but I think I'm going to wait for my new Ryka N Gage Mid shoes to get here. I'm really excited about today's workout!

I'm starting to feel left out with a lot of people starting STS :( I hope Cathe starts talking about her MMA so that I can feel pumped about buying it because that is the one I want to buy ( I already warned DH that I WANT it, since I couldn't get STS). Maybe I'll buy STS some time, but not soon.

BB Later

Beth: I bet your hair looks very nice. It sounds like a beautiful color. I know DH thought mine was TOO dark, but hey, black is black, can't get any darker, lol! But, everyone else loved it. Here is a pic of my hair black.

Attachments

• Me .jpg
    Me .jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 4
Good morning, and yes, I'm somewhat shocked that it's February! :eek:

I did CLX burn if off this morning, with some kbell swings thrown in, oh, plus some ab work that is much needed, but wasn't enough. BIO running time is about a half hour, and I stretched it to 58 minutes. This was my second time doing it and I liked it better this time -- the kbell addition helps.

My left hamstring is soooooooo soooooore.

Oh, on the hair... my hair is kind of dark but whatever. I really like the Robert Craig stuff, just go lighter than you think you should if you get it.

Have good workouts, and a good day, everyone!

-Beth

P.S. Chris, I meant to say that while I was entering my 1RMs in the workout manager, I was also amazed to be heavier than the average (quite a bit in some cases). I'm wondering if SNM has an artifically low average plugged in there to make us feel stronger. :D

Hey, are you feeling any better today? I hope so!!

-Beth

Ivy ~ you know I was feeling the same way about STS but I'm thinking it was because I got caught up by the excitement reading the forums. There are many member here who decided not to preorder or cancel (I canceled mine after much soul searching & happy w/ my decision. At this time I'm just not wanting to lift for strength gains as I just want to maintain and lean out some. If I ever change my mind its always availble ;) )

Is this your 2nd pair of Rykas? I have 2 pairs of Rykas myself just for my workouts. Then I have another pair for casual walking.

Have a great w/o and you look cute. My hair color is a darkish brown w/ reddish gold highlights. I don't color my hair but when the silver hairs start peeking out I may just go to a colorist to maintain my hair color.

Beth Roll that hammie! I am thinking CLX is giving you a nice workout ;) doing swings is a great idea too.

I did day 1 week 1 of ETK wow it was a nice intense sorta cardio kettlebell w/o in under 22m and I used my 12 kg bell for the swings. I followed that up w/ the PLB/PUB bonus combo w/o & added the ab work from PUB.

I feel very nice after it all and glad its done as I have loads of stuff I need to take care of today and it looks like I need to make a list so if I don't finish it all I'll just carry it over for tommorow.

Shout Outs to Chris, Joanne, Hottie & Kathy. :D

picture.php

Good workout, Vilma!! And yes, I need to roll, roll, roll, roll. :D I did some after the workout, but need more. I actually contemplated taking the roller to work.

-Beth

Hey ladies..

Well, I didn't get to my 1rm yesterday. So, I am going to try and work in out now and then I am starting the STS rotation today..I printed off the rotation with the cardio yesterday and it looks great!!

Talk to you later..

Good morning again!

I just finished BM2 and it was GREAT. But, I did get into a puke mode 55 mins into the workout. That's never happened to me, but I guess it happened because I told myself that no matter how hard it was, I was going to push myself and not stop, so I did that, and almost threw up! I'm going to be feeling this workout tomorrow.

Beth: Great workout!! I can't believe it's February already! Only 20 days till I'm 28 yrs old!! Time is flying!

Vilma: I don't think I would have space for all the equiptment needed on STS. I hope that MMA doesn't require all these extra equiptment. I had bought me Ryka's for Christmas, but then I saw a defect on them and returned them, so then I decided to try a different style. I ordered the N Gage Mid something like that. I hope I like them and they are black. I NEVER had black gym shoes so I'm nervous they might not look cute on me. UPS should be here soon! I won't be dying my hair again until my grays come out too. Don't want to damage my hair. WTG on your workout today!

Kathy: Have fun with STS! :)

Well, I have to get my friend from work. I hope you all have a great day! I'll try to check back again later if I can.

Hi everyone..

Checking in with Disc 1 STS..I ended up not getting to do the 1rm. So, I just went one dumbbell down from what I normally do to cover the 60%...I think I did ok with that. Since I don't have a barbell and I usually try to max myself on the weights. I just did a little lower weight than normal. I am feeling my muscles. so, I must have done ok...

LOL I didn't use my 12kg bell but my big red mama of the bunch :p the 16kg

Ivy I get that puke status when I push hard using my Cardio Coaches and Itreads - its a great feeling when you are done though - Glad you made it through and I hope you nourished your body well after.

Kathy If you feel those muscles then you know you did more than okay - Good for you!

Beth get yourself some epsom salt and soak tonight if you can that always helps when I'm feeling extra DOMs

Hey Girls!!

Just a quickie for now... I'm running late because I decided to start STS today!! :eek: (Kathy, when I saw you posting you started today, it made me jump on the wagon! Thanks!!)I had some problems printing out my workout card and also some 1RM's I did had disappeared :mad: So i futzed with it for way too long..

Anyway, first impression/quickie review of STS Mesocycle 1: Chest, Shoulders , Biceps... LOVE IT! Absolutely love this way of working out, it's different than other Cathe weight work... I will go into it more later....But I'm just beaming (and arms are feeling it!)...

Will BBL!

Hey! I'm back...

I'm dying to know what you thought of STS first workout, Kathy? I ended up printing out a work card, but the first option that Cathe gives in the Tutorial, because the 2nd option wasn't picking up all my 1RM's. So I went by that, and it was a nice pace. I paused only a few times, but there was enough time to look at your card and get your weights for the next exercise. the Push Ups, though, were killer. I couldn't do all those reps, and , as embarassed as I am to say this, ALL my PU's were on my knees. Tough stuff, but I loved the variety! You know how Cathe's usual weight workout has you doing countless reps , working on one body part, until you cry uncle?? This workout was different. She went from Chest to Bi's to Shoulders and back and forth. The reps were only 12-15. So you burned out a body part QUICK, and on to the next. It was really different for me, and I REALLY liked it! the WO went by so quick! I did the Extended Stretch, and YES! , this is what I was looking for last week! NICE yoga stretches for the ENTIRE body. Loved it!!

So, yeah, first impressiion is true love! LOL!

Vilma: I understand your wanting to cancel STS and also understand feeling a bit disappointed because of all the hype in "cathe land" about it. That's how I was feeling about not getting CLX right away. But , like you, know that it's right for ME to wait on it until after STS. But there is still disappointment. Did you get a new KB workout? I never heard you talk about that one...

Beth: Your CLX workout sounds tough today! I know one of my hamstrings was really bugging me towards the end of FF's JAN rotation. the rest week really helped it. Did you color your own hair? I should learn how to do that. I have a few...a hem... grays up there! Phsewww! I'm glad I'm not the only one who's 1RMs were a bunch higher than the "average". Now I feel better! I decided not to do the leg 1RM's afterall. I'll just "wing" it! ...thanks for asking about how I feel. Sunday morning I came home, did my Neti Pot, took 3 Advil Gels and 2 Benedryls, and when I woke up I felt soooo good, my sinus pain was gone! So I had a good night at work, just because I didn't have to deal with a pounding headache AND patients.

Ivy: WoW! you really pushed yourself on BM2, huh? Sometimes you just have to! I usually get that "puke" feeling when I push myself during interval workouts. Hmmm.. STS doesn't have a bunch of new equipment. In fact, I found myself using less equipment today than on a lot of Cathe's weight workouts. She even says that you can use dumbells in place of barbell too.

I'm excited about tomorrow... Cardio is IMAX2!! :D

Vilma! A soak tonight sounds great -- I just might do it. I was feeling so horrible a half hour ago, but then my fighting boys went outside, and now I'm just feeling yuck. It's amazing what some space away from fighting children can do for a person!

Chris! You started STS! How cool!!! I cannot wait to do those extended stretches. I'm going to have to get up super early to fit them in, but I know I will love it. I like the way you describe her going from body part to body part and not endless reps -- sounds fun. I was a bit worried after I read one woman saying the pace was way too fast and she couldn't get her equipment in time, etc. Maybe she has a nice place for her weights instead of right in front of her tv like I do. :p Oh, I'm starting to get anxious to begin..... has Cathe said anything about when she's going to start? I looked over her cardio choices a bit more closely today and after doing a couple of months of FF rotations, it's hard to think about doing 75 minutes of cardio at a whack! I really wonder if Cathe has seen FF's rotations and what she thinks of them. She should be happy -- I'm sure it's helped sell more dvd's. :D

I'd better round up those boys and get them doing some homework!!

-Beth

Chris: I loved it too...I am not one that favors weight work. But, I liked the way Cathe has done this system...I was dying with all the pushups too. I am not strong in that area. So, I did most of it on my knees as well..I also didn't get to the 1rm. So, like I said before...I just went down in weight from what I usually use..I felt it too..I liked that we kept moving on too. I hate the countless reps of the same exercise. Coming back to it is better..I like the way she mixed it up..Overall, I am quite happy that I purchased STS. I am liking it alot... Oh and I did that extended stretch too. Also, liked it!!!

Imax 2 tomorrow!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.