February CHECK IN ~@~ Thurs. 19th ~@~

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Howdy Doody Gang! :p

So is everyone still snug in their beds sleeping?

I've got the original Body Max planned - this one I have on vhs so I'm hoping the quality is still ok.

Another night where my sleep got interrupted.

I sure hope dh's & mine sleeping cycles get in some type of sync as I'm getting up a bit tired from being woken up between 1-3 am :confused:

Hoping to BBL and that you all have a great day!

picture.php

HI ladies..

Vilma: I hope that you figure something out to get rest...Enjoy Body Max!!

Today's workout will be Kickmax...and I am really sore in my lats/back; triceps aren't too bad. But, I sure feel that back workout!! After kickmax, I will be feeling those legs and then have to do legs tomorrow! Yikes!!

Lots of housecleaning today..Lauren is having her book club meeting here tomorrow afternoon. So, we need to clean up for that....Busy day!!

Good Morning Vilma! Kathy! and all to follow...

Vilma: BM original is a tough one! But it sounds like a great challenge, I bet you have fun! Sorry for your sleeping woes. I'm in the same boat as you. I slept horrible last night too. I'm hoping a workout will make me feel better...

Kathy: I wasn't sure about this KM before STS Leg day either! I think I might just do the cardio and leave off the drills.

This is the first post STS weightwork day I do NOT have DOMS. It feels weird! I'm used to the constant soreness!

I have a low grade crappy headache with queasiness, I'm really hoping that KM helps. I took Advil gels with my breakfast, nothing yet. I did remember waking up last night clenching my teeth a few times! I think that has a lot to do with my headaches... :confused:

Will BBL for an update & to see who else pops in!

Completed the original Body Max in its entirety (yay) on a 6" step no way was I going to do it on 8" after my run yesterday (my legs were feeling it today esp my right knee :confused: ). It was a good workout but I hate hate crazy 8's gahhhhh

Good gawd I had forgotten how long it was but it's done and I have tons, I mean tons of stuff that I need to do today so I may not have any time to chit chat will you all. Or even get back online :(

Tomorrow I need to plan a shorter workout as this entire week my workouts seem to run way over an hour :confused: and its really cutting in on work I need to do around here

Chris I hope you feel better after KM. I was feeling really sluggish when I started but once I got into the workout I somehow found my energy to jump w/ Cathe and crew.

Kathy have you done an Epsom salt soak yet for your sore back? If I get it that bad I'm not shy to say I'll take some Advil w/ a soak as it does help.

Well I need to get outta here as I have so much to do outside today.

Have a good one :)

picture.php

I made it!

I did all the cardio from KM, skipped the leg conditioning drills though. i just don't want my legs to be sore to limit me for DISC 9 tomorrow.

The BLASTS, though. Wow. Could those get any more intense??? Have I ever told you , I UN*heart* the pulse lunge blasts? Okay, I HATE them! ;)

And yes, my headache is gone!!! But I'm feeling kind of foggy still, But better than a headache any day! i'm going to try to chill out today a bit. Though right now I'm off to the grocery store with 2 boys, and then Zach's friend is coming this afternoon for a sleepover. Probably not probable!!! :eek:

Vilma: Yes! Crazy 8's! They sound so FUN. How come all the fun sounding exercises are killer?????

Okay..off to the grocery store.... with boys in tow....

Hey guys!

So I packed in LIC minus Abs for now (I hope to do it later tonight) before coming into work (ok, so I came in late to work to do it). Man, that's a fun workout. I've been thinking that next week I may step up my height to 8 inches since I'm doing better about that soft touch but then I look at my HRM and I'm like, do I really need to? I'm thinking about going to a spinning class today if my experiments let me. I know as soon as I'm going to say this I'm going to gain weight but I've been really happy with Mr. Scale lately. I dropped a couple pounds and its showing and it makes me feel better about myself! Though I still think the way the fat has come off in a way that makes my belly look bigger. But I'm still liking it...probably another ten pounds and I'm going to shift my exercise routine completely (a lot less cardio and a lot more weight lifting).

Vilma -- I don't have the original BM but yay its a looong workout. I only do the whole thing on weekends or when I know I'm taking a half day at work. I know how you feel about the workouts being too long...it's the same reason why I cut out the Abs portion so many times!

Kathy -- I'm going to try the low impact premix of KM in the next two or three days. I wish ya'll would clean my house...;)

Chris -- Good job on KM -- I am scared of the leg conditioning drills. She makes it look so effortless! So glad your headache went away -- I hate it when those linger.

Crap, I forgot to bring snacks today. I wonder how I'll change my hunger management throughout the day...

Hi ladies! Late check-in for me - crazy day here at work.

But, I GOT IT!!!! I GOT IT!!! Yep, STS arrived. I tried to act so nonchalant as I signed the mail guy's delivery form when he dropped it at my desk. I won't have a chance to really look at it till I get home. I guess I should get started on those 1RM, huh?

I'm popping the Zicam again. :( My chest is all congested and I have this icky cough. Just came out of nowhere. I bought the generic Walgreen's brand - ewwww! Should have spent the extra $3! I do have the cherry ones at home that I'll start taking tonight. I know Ivy didn't like them ;), but they're much better than the ones I bought today. Taste like chalk.

This morning was Burn Intervals. I had to stop a few times, though. Colin got up and said his throat hurt. Took his temperature and it was about 99. I told him he could stay home in case he was coming down with strep. He said he wanted to go to school. What's up with my kids??

Tonight I have an eye doctor appt. after work. My regular guy, not the Lasik guy. It'll be interesting to get his perspective on my Lasik side effect.

Vilma, the original Body Max is tough!! Sorry to hear about your car. I'm really dreading when my kids all get old enough to drive. First of all the boys are so close in age I can see lots of arguing about using the car. I've got about three years before driver's ed starts with Jameson.

Kathy, how was KM? Yea, I need my house cleaned too. ;) How cool - the book club for kids. What book are they reading?

Chris, glad your headache went away. (love the dancing banana!) I hate taking the kids grocery shopping. Well, sometimes - it depends what mood I'm in. If I just want to get in and out, it's a pain. But, lately Ian likes to come with me and he does all the bagging, putting the groceries in the car and taking them out. Even puts the cart bag in the corral. Have to love that!!

Hottie, LIC is a fun workout. Yay on the pounds gone!!

OK...gotta run catch my train.

Joanne

Yeah Joanne!!! You are gonna love it!! Kickmax was tough as usual..I made it through though.. The girls are reading a selection that Lauren picked. She is so crazy into the Warrior series by Erin Hunter. So, she picked one of those books to see if her friends enjoyed it too..

Chris:I did all the leg conditioning drills too. Hope I don't regret it..I am not crazy about those or the last blast with the tucks..I do love the kicking and punching combos though..

Vilma: Thanks..The back isn't too bad. I can still function ok..Looking forward to day 9 tomorrow and legs...

Hottie: I didn't even wanna clean mine..LOL!!! It is done though..bathrooms cleaned, floors mopped, carpet vacuumed, some minor dusting and the dog bathed!! The whole house smells pretty!!

Ok, I did get through kickmax today..Those drills/blasts were tough..I also added the weights & plates abs from yesterday since I ran out of time...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.