February CHECK IN !*! Mon. 9 !*!

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Just getting us started :)

picture.php

2uge4p4.gif
Ok well I have had such a errand filled week that I was just not up top posting whatsoever and I was / have been just mentally exhausted. Didn't help that my energy sucking period came also.
padded.gif

So I hope you all have had a good couple of days.

My plan for today is a total body or circuit workout ~ not sure yet but OMG I found my old clam shelled covered Firms that cost me an ungodly price back in the day - who knows I may revisit those
25r30wi.gif

I hope that my lovely family / husband give me time to post back later.
4fvgdaq_th.gif

Chow Chicas

picture.php

Good morning everyone!!

Vilma: Those are the best FIRMs too..I had those same workouts..I spent the like $50 or something like that back in the day..Have a great workout!!

Today is week 2 of STS for me..Disc 4 and pilates/yoga abs...

Be back later..

Workout (Done)

Goodmorning Vilma, Kathy and all who follow.

YAY!! I'm proud to say that I got my workout done ALREADY!!!! I forced myself to get up for the first time at 4:45am to get my workout done to see how it feels to workout that early. So, I did GS Legs and added CTX All Step (Cardio only) and I feel GREAT!! I must admit that doing the cardio portion at that time was actually a little hard, because I'm not used to working out SO early and jumping on the step at that time is so hard. I did do GS first though. I'm going to try to get up again early tomorrow and do my workout. DH wanted to get up too but he didn't want to wake the kids up while running on the treadmill. Shoot, I was making tons of noise with the step. All you can here is me jumping on the step, lol. I'm ready for my day now without having to worry about getting my workout in later. Any of you workout that early?? Just wondering so I know that I'm not alone:eek:

I do have to add Abs later today (about 10 mins of it)

Vilma: My time of the month will be here in 2 days!!!! I'm so not looking forward to it. I hope you have a good day today!

Kathy: Enjoy your workout today! :)

I'm going to MOPS in a couple of minutes. I hope you all have a great workout and wonderful day! I'll BB later :)

Good morning, all. Vilma, good to see you -- hope you don't feel too awful today!!

Ivy, yes, I workout at that time almost every morning (on the weekends I often don't start til 6:00). I love it -- definitely me/my time. It does seem awfully noisy, but fortunately at my house everyone is sleeping way at the other end of the house and I don't think they can hear a thing. Still, I'm always afraid to do the claps. :p

Chris, don't you remember them filming different extended stretches, or am I remembering wrong? I went through a bunch of random discs through the whole series, and all I ever saw was the one. :(

Those original firms were awfully pricey! But aren't we all glad we took the plunge? I sure am.

I did IMAX 2 this morning -- happy, happy!

Hottie, very exciting about the offers on the houses -- just make sure you don't get committed to two! ;) I would think it would be fairly easy to find a good deal these days, but you never know. Hope all goes well with it! Oh, hey, did you see the thread on calorie burning with your foot problem? I can't remember the name of it now! Anyway, I think just yesterday someone started it -- I was sure it would be you, but it wasn't!

Off to the races.....

-Beth

Good morning women who distract me ever so sweetly from work! :)

Vilma - I love circuit workouts when I feel down! Hope your family gives you some time to yourself!

Kathy - have fun with STS -- let us know what it's like!

Ivy - I WISH I could work out that early. I really, really want to because if I don't get it done pretty early on, the whole day I'm thinking about when to schedule it, can i move it? will I have enough energy? etc. I'm hoping with my trip out to NJ my clock will get so screwy that I'll be waking up at 430 when I come back to CA. It always sounds noisier but I think if people are really sleeping its not that bad. Trust me, you'll feel more aware of it when you have an apartment below you!

Beth -- Man, I can't believe I am at a point that 1) I can do Imax2 and 2) I'm jealous of people for doing Imax2 when I can't! Makes me think I've come a long way in my training but still...the housing market is weird in LA. They've kept the houses in the nice neighborhoods IMO inflated still. Areas like Compton or Inglewood are doing terribly but we never intended living there. The short sale has aggravated us for months. We're like, we have money and job security and high credit scores. What do you want??!? There are no regulations for short sales so banks can hold on it for months and this is going to be at the core of the problem in the upcoming future too. But this second home we're thinking about -- its not perfect by any means but it actually "fit." I'm going to have to give our realtor a call later today about putting an offer on it. If I can manage to handle all the distractions I have to take care of!

Ok, so the idea is that I go to the school gym and stay on their nice elliptical a little after an early lunch. There's a muscle conditioning class at 12 that's all low impact but it's really up to my mood if I want to do it and how my foot is feeling at that point. I would like to do a GS when I get home but we'll see. I've been feeling EXHAUSTED lately so the idea of leaving my desk to work on my bench is making me fall asleep!

BBL!

Beth: WTG on IM2!!!! I LOVE that workout!! I wish Cathe would make more like this one with the songs almost like that. So much fun! I'm so glad you workout that early too! Now I will always remember that I'm not the only one working out at that time :) I had some claps in my workout today and I hardly did them because I didn't want to wake anyone up, lol.

Hottie: That's why I decided to give a try to get up early in the morning because I HATE thinking of "I need to get my workout done before DD comes out of school and so forth." So, I told myself I will give it a shot and try it for a month since they say once you do it for a month or so it will become a habbit so we'll see. Hope you can get your workout in today :)

Well, I just got the membership for the YMCA today SO I'm so excited about it because I get to FINALLY take live step classes and all that stuff. SO, I'm debating wether to take a step class today at the Y and see how it is. It's only 45 mins. What do you guys think?? Tomorrow I'm aming to get up again at 4:45am, so we'll see how that goes. I'll try to BB later amigas :)

Hi ladies..

Finished up with Disc 4 STS and the yoga based abs were tough too. I am really liking the tough abs in the ab disc...I used my weighted gloves for the 5% increase this week and I have .5 pounders that I will add each week to up it some more..How did it go for you today Chris? Did you like ALL THE PUSHUPS!!!! Wow, there were alot of them!! Overall, I am still liking it...

Ivy: Way to go getting up that early!!! I find it really hard to workout that early..especially cardio!!! I think it is fun to take live classes too..Good for you!!

Hottie: Have a great workout!! I enjoyed disc 4 today..There were alot of pushups..Drop sets and everything!!

Hi Beth!!

Checking Back in ~ decided to do the Bonus Combo premix found in PUB/PLB again...I really like that workout

Ivy
during the spring and summer months that is actually the time I am running on my TM or just working out.

I am actually scaling back my alarm clock little by little to start up again. I love working out that early as the entire house is quiet and I love seeing the sun rise as I'm either running or stretching.

I get into a nasty funk when it's still so dark and cold during the winter months and its really hard for me to get going but since its getting lighter earlier I'm looking forward to getting back to my 4am wake ups :D

Kathy keep the STS talk coming as I am reading all the posts about it to see if its something I would want or not later on in the year.

All those push ups though are a bit of a turn off for me esp. since I have carpal tunnel on both wrists and end up having to do chest presses w/ my dumbbells instead.

Hottie I love circuits also :)
Sorry to hear about the house hunting headaches.

Beth
I'm feeling alright ~ just a bit overextended and taking care of everything & everyone here . I just need to remind myself to take care of me 1st though :confused:

I was thinking of doing Imax 2 today or tomorrow morning but I am really missing my Cardio Coach so I need my running fix soon.:p

Well my little one just got in and found her little surprizes on her bed :D She's really into the Webkinz so she got the Valentine's Day animals lol

Boy these kids are spoiled over here, don't want for nothing

Off to start prepping for dinner now . See ya!:cool:

picture.php

Kathy: WTG on your workout today!! You know. I should buy me that STS ab DVD. It is hard to do cardio that early in the morning. I'm worried about how will I do 4DS BC tomorrow morning. We'll see... :)

Vilma: WTG on PUB/PLB. I love that workout too! Especially the PUB.

Ok. I'm thinking of buying STS Abs Circuit today! We'll see. Wish me luck girls. I'm going to Step class and I'm NERVOUS!! Hopefully my Cathe skills will show :)

Ivy, ha! I was going to tell you to skip the step class for today.... for both you and Hottie... adjusting to early morning workouts takes a couple of weeks to a month, in my experience. I was sooooo soooo sooo tired in that time. People commented on it, it was that bad. But, after I got used to the new schedule, I had plenty of energy, and yes, it's great to have the workout done and nothing to think about (except tomorrow's workout! lol). I can't do it any other way, so I highly recommend it, but I think you really have to commit to getting up early every day and just getting used to it. Doing a little bit each day for a while as Vilma suggests is probably a little gentler, but I just bit the bullet.

Vilma, did you see the hint for pushups on a folded up yoga mat? That sounded like a great idea to me. I'm going to try it.

Oh, and Ivy, I got distracted and never answered your question about when I'm starting STS.... my current plan is to do CLX lean phase (the last one) this week, for only a week, make next week my "rest" week, because we'll be skiing, and then start the following week (the 22nd, I guess).

-Beth

1.gif

Hey Everyone!

It's Monday!!
3.gif

It's good, for obvious reasons, but bad, because I'm a bundle of grump here...

Weekend at work was so-so. Sunday night was CRAZY. Busy busy busy, with not the best clientelle for patients. (Aka Drug seeking young people who have no manners). (Oh, and they aren't cancer patients. We get medical overflow).

So I got up this afternoon and not as excited about STS Mesocyle 1: Week 2: Disc 5. Shoulders, Chest and Biceps. I dont' know about some of my 1RM's, because on a few of the exercises there was NO way I could pick up the stated weight. But I got through, modifying as needed. I also followed it with Yoga Abs. I liked it alot, but HOLY COW, those levitations??? I can't believe ANYONE can do those extended levitations. Am I the only one that has issues with my wrists and fingers? They HURT during these. Am I doing it wrong?

Kathy: I think I actually did better with the push-ups today! Definitely a challenge on the weights. I'm using my 1 lb weighted gloves for the increments , but some I had to go up or down a lb and it wasn't exact. I hope it's not a HUGE thing if you don't do the exact weight?

Vilma: Good to see you! I wondered how you were doing. For some reason my TOM last week did NOT zap me. I felt energetic and was fine for a change, but I know what you mean about it sucking the life out of you (Mine usually does). PUB/PLB premix is a goodie!!!

Ivy: Yay for getting it done early! On the rare occasion I *have* to get up early and work out, I've loved that it was DONE for the day too. But it's harder for me, and I don't feel like I can give it my "all". So they're more like half-assed workouts. Cool about joining the Y! Let us know how the step class goes and if it's even close to Cathe's step! I'm really liking Abs Circuit so far. Very challenging!! Though I have to say, I've not gotten DOMS from the workouts yet ... Hmmmm...

Beth:
7.gif
on IMAX2! Love it!! .. I totally don't remember anything about more extended stretch filmings. Maybe ask about it on STS forum? I'm curious to know if they really are all the same! (ASK! ASK! ASK!).

Hottie: Hope you got some cardio in today! or weights! Are you shopping for a 2nd home? So you'll have 2? Maybe I misunderstood. I thought the housing market was pretty dismal, so I expected the prices would be better. You'd think, huh??

Okay..gotta get outtahere and get my shower and cook up supper!!

See you guys later
5.gif

OMG Chris -- I wish we were getting two houses. Though I guess we could afford two outside of LA. No, we've had a short sale offer on a house since August/September that still hasn't come back to us and we're looking to put a offer on another home that we saw this weekend. I got an elliptical run at the gym but we'll see what happens when we get home...

Vilma, did you see the hint for pushups on a folded up yoga mat? That sounded like a great idea to me. I'm going to try it.

-Beth

Quickie fly by as my meat braises .... no I didn't see a hint for the push ups. Where was that at?

Actually my CTS on my wrists have just started to act up after a long time and I'm wearing my braces for them since it hurts but when they are fine I can do my push ups and my pikes on the ball w/ no issues.
I was so mad today that I couldn't do the pikes on the ball during my ab work today :mad: because my stupid wrists were bothering me, even using my knuckles didn't help.

Ok I need to go check on my beef lol before it burns :eek::p

picture.php

I'm alive! I took the class at the Y and it was fun! But, guess what? I'm starting to feel worse (sick). I'm loosing my voice and my throat is hurting. I don't know if I will workout tomorrow because I think I might be worse tomorrow, but I will see when the alarm goes off how I feel in the morning.

Beth: You are so right about not working out too much when trying to workout so early in the morning. I will continue to get up early in the morning because it was just so wonderful not to worry about working out later in the day and then something might come up that I won't be able to workout, etc... I can't wait to hear what you think of STS. :)

Chris: WTG on your workout today? You didn't like it though? I want to buy STS Abs so bad! I hope someone from YaYa's would sell it to me. I also can't give it my all when I workout in the morning, but I sometimes wonder if I keep doing it will I ever get there to be able to give it my all so early in the morning, but the only way to find out is doing it and trying it :) The step class was fun, and it was kind of tough but I was able to go all the way without stopping. It was great!

Ok. I'm off to shower and get the kids ready for bed. I'm not feeling so good. I hope sleeping will help me feel better. I'll let you all know if I was able to workout in the morning or not. It might just be a rest day, we'll see. Goodnight friends! ((HUGS))

Hey again!

I'm more tired than usual as I sit here for the 3 quiet minutes before homework battles start!

Hottie: Thanks for clarifying on the houses! I knew I had to misunderstand. Cuz I was thinking why WOULD you WANT 2 houses? And...What's a "short sale"? yeah for an elliptical run today!!

Vilma: I have the Perfect Push UP thingies. Those are pretty good for the wrists too.

Ivy: Oh! Hope you're not getting sick! Maybe you're just really beat? Get to bed early!! No, I DID like my STS workout today, a LOT, it was very similar to the first Shoulders, Chest, Biceps last week, except increase in weights. there were a few new cool band moves too (bow & arrow...WOW that burned!). I think I'm just pooped from a wild night of work last night. And I wasn't "into" working out so much when I got up this afternoon. I really could have gotten into snuggling on the couch with my kitties!

Okay..homework time! the boys are lallygagging down stairs, so I'm goign to have to pull out my drill sargent routine for them...:p

Hottie: Thanks for clarifying on the houses! I knew I had to misunderstand. Cuz I was thinking why WOULD you WANT 2 houses? And...What's a "short sale"? yeah for an elliptical run today!!

A short sale is when someone is trying to sell their home for a value that is less than what they owe the bank(s). So, they need bank approval to make it happen so they can forgive the loss. Using simple numbers, a guy is trying to sell his house to me at market value for 100K but he took a mortgage out for 150K. Since he doesn't have an extra 50K lying around, he has to ask the bank to forgive the 50K. It takes months for a short sale to happen at this point because the banks are overwhelmed with them. So, before a home becomes foreclosed, its in short sale status. That's why sometimes I get so annoyed with talk about fixing foreclosures -- fix short sales so that people with $$$ can put some liquidity into a property! It's very frustrating on both sides I imagine...

Let's see if I can remember all to comment on! Vilma, I love PUB/PLB combo, too -- meant to say that in my earlier post.

Oh, the hint about pushups..... you know how some people do them on dumb bells? Personally, that hurts me worse..... well, some woman tried using her rolled up yoga mat, putting her hands on those, and she said it was much kinder on her wrists. It's there in the open forum somewhere -- "pushup hints" or something.

Hottie, on housing..... you'd be shocked, I'll bet..... about five years ago we realized we could move our company anywhere and so we went on a search for where we wanted to live. We had fairly high standards -- we wanted a pleasant place aesthetically, good schools, decent weather, and some culture which we ended up deciding to combine with a university (for hiring talent). Our rationale being if there is a university near the place, there is usually some culture. We looked in the bay area from Aptos to Marin, we looked in the Seattle area, Portand & Bend, OR, Boulder, CO, Vancouver, Hudson Valley in NY, and.... hmmm, is that all? Oh, Madison, WI, too. What we found is that if you want all those things, the cost of housing really doesn't vary a huge amount. Yes, it can get very pricey in some of those areas, but just the entry points in areas where people really want to live are expensive. I'm not sure that makes you feel any better...... oh, yeah, and in the end we decided we just couldn't leave the bay area.... partly because we like it, but partly because we were afraid to have a high-tech company outside of silicon valley......

Chris, I was too shy to ask about the extended stretch thing on the STS forum -- I don't want to seem like I'm complaining! And, no, I can't do those levitation things either!

Ivy, you'd better take it easy and start doing the cold-eez or zicam! I think my youngest is going to be home from school tomorrow.....

-Beth

Extended stretch.......:(

I went and looked at the blog.... it sounds like it's the same extended stretch everywhere. Rats! I really looked forward to having a lot of new stretch routines. Oh well!! To be honest, I'm already bored with this one. See what I mean about complaining?! I AM complaining! :eek: I don't really mean to.......

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.