February CHECK IN ** Wed. 4th **

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Just getting us started - not sure if I'll be able to get back on as I'm dealing w/ a small crisis that has to deal with black ice & snow on the roads.

As it is not sure if I'll get my w/o done today :confused:

Just got off the phone w/ emergency roadside assistance and ugh :(

If anything I hope to get Bootcamp done today

Have a wonderful day

Hey Vilma! and all to follow...

Sorry you're dealing with a crisis. Hate unexpected issues like that..stresses me out! esp when it interferes with my WO :eek:

My plan today is Disc 2 of STS: Back & Triceps! I just made sure my 1RM's were entered in nice, and printed out my "workout card" and I'm ready to rumble!

BBL if I survive! My chest & shoulders are STILL sore from MondAY :confused:

Good morning everyone..

Vilma: I hope your crisis is worked out favorably..

Chris: I am still feeling Monday too.

Today will be Disc 2 : back and Triceps for me too..

Talk to you later..

Vilma, yikes! That does not sound good -- I hope all goes well.

STS Girls, I hope you enjoy disc 2! Can't wait to hear more.... I was wondering if you were printing the cards.

We had some excitment here last night.... we live kind of in the middle of nowhere, as I've mentioned. Well, we've heard about a couple of houses in the area being broken into. Last night as we were getting ready for bed, Larry saw a light on at our guest house (up the driveway a ways). We scrambled around, talked to the sheriff, etc. In the end, we don't know what happened. It's pretty disconcerting. Poor Dylan was so scared. What a drag, but I guess in this economy, we can expect more of that type of stuff. I listened to a story on the Moth podcast yesterday by a former fireman, and he said that when the economy goes bad there are a lot more structural fires (people trying to collect insurance, people more disgruntled in general, etc.).

Ok, workout talk.... I did KCM's boot camp this morning -- the full 55 minutes. I used light weights, as a sub for CLX's burn intervals with light weights. It was such a fun workout!! There were a couple of places where I subbed kbell swings, but I really enjoyed it. No stretch at the end though, because she has a bonus 20 minute stretch. Well, I didn't have that much time, so once again I did a cathe stretch (her boot camp!).

Hope you all have a nice day with no black ice trouble!

-Beth

Eek, black ice Vilma! It's been years since I've heard of that. Scariest thing to drive on. I hope everything is fine.

STS girls -- hope you survive but I know you'll be so happy and beaming in a few.

Beth -- first initial response -- you have a guest house? Can i live there? -- and second, holy moly! I'd be scared too. But you have Gina right? I always felt a little better with an animal around because I know if they're mellow, its ok for me to be mellow too. I hope your kids are feeling better about it.

Today Cathe's rotation has GS Legs -- EEEK! I hope to go the school gym in the middle of the day but I had an elongated moment yesterday where I was **this** close to quitting and leaving with my masters so I'm just doing this very controlled massive experiment and if I'm done early, I'm going to take off and go home and relax (read: clean the kitchen, do the laundry, pay the bills, etc.) Last night ended up being fun -- the couple entered the dinner with a much better attitude than I thought they were going to and I was so frustrated with work that I just needed to let loose. It helped that we chose the restaurant. :) But we can't go out to eat anymore or my stomach is going to plan a revolt against me. It would be nice if I can pick up some veggies at the market and just make that comfort dish I talk about. But we'll see. Back to the bench!

Hi ladies!!

Oh, Vilma, I hope everything turns out OK. Be careful if you have to go out driving.

Chris and Kathy, can't wait to hear about Disc 2! Although I must stop reading about it - I want it!! ;)

Hottie, sounds like you need some real relaxation time! Hang in there - sounds like you've put a ton of work into school.

Beth, that's scary. Can I come and stay in your guest house with Hottie? ;) Seriously, I hope nothing was damaged or stolen. If Gina is anything like Tully, she'd be licking the intruders faces and begging for scratches! Tully is no watchdog - never, ever barks (which is usually a good thing!) and wags her tail at the mailman. That's a good idea for a sub for Burn Intervals. Don't you have the Dove workouts? Those might be good, too.

Today was BC2. That is one tough workout! And, Extreme Abs. I'm looking forward to moving on to Push, although I'm afraid I might have to get heavier weights. I think I asked this before, Beth, but what's the highest you're using. I have pairs up to 20 and one 25.

My dad was admitted to the hospital finally at midnight last night. My poor mom was in the emergency room with him for 11 hours. They did have him set up in a small room in a bed and everything, but were waiting for a room. They're not sure what's wrong - he has alot of pain in his rib area on one side. They gave him morphine, but he said it wasn't really helping. They did xrays and said nothing is broken. They also did a cat scan of his lungs and everything was OK. He does have COPD and they said that's probably causing the pain, but they don't know why it came on so suddenly. My poor mom is about to lose it. It's just one thing after another. I'm not sure how long they are going to keep him.

BBL...

Joanne

Hey again!
5.gif

I did STS: Back and Tri's earlier, followed by the extended stretch (nice, but I can see where doing that every weight work could get 'boring', for now I love it!). I did notice I had to pause the DVD a few times , changing weights around, etc. One of the things is, I use my barbell on my weight bench for the Pull Ups and Chin Ups, so I have to change the weights and skitter around with that. I wouldn't say it's pausing more than many of other Cathe's weight workouts , though. And it added maybe 4 more minutes to the workout.

As far as the workout: TOUGH! I've never really DONE Chin-ups/Pull-ups before, they are HARD, and I used a VERY modified version. I think doing the 1RM's REALLY challenged me on some of the weights, because I would never outright CHOOSE to do 21 barbell rows with 50 LBS!:eek: That's just one example of many. I hardly ever feel DOMS in my back, I have a feeling I may tomorrow!

Again, I love Cathe and her commentaries. learned a few things on some of the exercises. And the way she goes back and forth, either supersetting or from Tri's to Back to Tri's , is a nice way to work!

Kathy: Can't wait to hear what you think! Yes, I thought that the Abs Circuit, No equipment was TOUGH. I couldn't do the jack knifes though, because it was too painful for my butt bone on the floor!!

Beth: Holy CRAP! That is scary! I was thinking about how there are more robberies, etc in this economy lately. Seems like theres more and more in the news around here too. Hey!...Is there room for 3 in that Guest House???? Is Dylan around Alex's age? (9?). He has some pretty big fears of things like that too, and I'm sure he'd be in a tizzy if that happened here! .... KCM Bootcamp sounds fun! You did that in place of CLX? I know, I always love stretching, but hardly ever can make time for it too...

Hottie: Glad your dinner went better than you thought!
I know what you mean about "relaxing" at home too. GS Legs is killer (as in ball work!! :confused:). I'm really kind of leary about STS LEGS on Friday, I haven't previewed it, but thinking it's going to kick my butt!

Joanne: Oooh no on your Dad! Sorry to hear he's having such trouble. It does sound like one thing after another. I wonder, is it muscle pain? Maybe he'd do better with a muscle relaxer. I would SUGGEST , Ketorolac for bad pain (Intravenous), or maybe Soma or Flexeril? So the CT scan ruled out a Pulmonary Embolism, right? Just the nurse in me. Sorry if what I say has nothing to do with what your dad has! LOL! ... I know , I'm really glad I didn't end up canceling STS... i did think about it. I'd definitely say that FF's Rotations got me pumped for it AND stronger for it, though.

Not a ton happening here. I'm being lazy today... We did go down to the Verizon Wireless store and added a month of texting for Zach , who's 13. I'm such an "old fart", just dont' see what all that nonsense is needed for. PLUS, it COSTS money! Zach is going to be doing MAJOR work around the house to earn that every month!

Hey everyone!!

Today HAS and WILL continue to be a very BUSY day for me. I won't have time for personals today since I have so much going on today, but I wanted to check in and let you all know that I did Christi's Totally Cool Step and tonight I'm going to TRY to add GS BSB that's on rotation for today. Hopefully I survive and get everything done today, LOL! Hope you all had wonderful workouts! I'll BB tomorrow :)

Chris, thanks for those suggestions for pain medication. I'll ask about them. I was thinking about a muscle pull, too. They were doing the CAT scan to check for a pulmonary embolism I believe. It's good to here them rule out things, but still a bit frustrating 'cause then you're like, OK, what is it then?? So, are you laying down when you're doing the pull-ups/chin-ups? I don't have a pull-up bar in the workout area (there's one on Jameson's door, but there's no TV in the hallway ;)) I have the bands, but I need to get some type of door attachment, I guess. I'm talking like I already have STS! I haven't even ordered it! Yea, I don't get the texting thing either. Yes, I'm an old fogey! We got Jameson a cell phone when he started middle school since he's riding the bus and stays after school alot for different activities and needs to call us to get picked up. Well, he had one until I washed it! Oops! I did the same thing to DH's. You'd think they'd learn to empty their pockets?? Anyway, Jameson so far hasn't gotten into texting. I'm sure it's coming, though.

Hi Ivy!! I love Christi's workouts - so fun! I saw a post on videofitness.com about how she's "retiring" from making any more DVDs. Kind of dissappointing.

Back to work...

Joanne

Hey Ivy! Sounds like a crazy day! But it's good you got your workout in!

Joanne: Glad I could put a few ideas out there. Hope they're helpful. I feel bad for your dad. (and you guys, seeing him so uncomfortable!). Hmmm..I'm not really lying down for the pull ups/chin ups. I found this picture that kind of shows what I did. Anyhow, my legs are stretched out on my bench. At first I put my feet ON the bench to help me push up! LOL!

Anyhow, I'm a wicked wimp when it comes to this exercise!!

Off to help with homework and putter....

Attachments

• bench_cfes_lynne-736274s.jpg
    bench_cfes_lynne-736274s.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 3
Crazy busy day here. Joanne, I'm sorry to hear about your dad, and yes, your poor mom!! Sitting in the ER for 11 hours?! Ug!!! I hope they can make your dad more comfortable. I love how Chris jumped in and tried to diagnose and help!

Yes, we have a guest house, and yes, you are welcome to come visit!!! The guest house is a one bedroom with a futon in the living room, so we had a family of five staying there last summer for a few weeks and it worked out ok for them. Just so you know your options! :D And Gina actually is a pretty good guard dog because she's such a "fraidy dog" and barks at everything. Today she was my UPS warning system -- I got my STS!! On time. So, I'll be checking that out -- I had a crazy busy day, so not much chance to look at it yet. Oh, one thing I did notice is that I have 1RMs for things I never entered them for, so I'm wondering if my numbers are all screwed up at this point. I don't want to think about it too much.

Chris, yes, I did the KCM in place of CLX -- remember, it's strange -- even though you lift heavy for three days each week, she also has one day where you do a circuit workout with light weights. So, that was the sub today. And yes, Joanne, I'm a complete vidiot and I have the dove ones, so have thought about subbing those in as well.

Oh, Chris, Dylan is actually my 7 year old -- Travis is the 9 year old, and he wasn't afraid at all -- he thought it was a great adventure and we were going to catch robbers and collect a $12,000 reward. Too much fictional reading for that boy!!

I'm going on and on here and everyone's probably done checking for the day. Oh well. Time to go read Skippyjon Jones!

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.