February 10 Check in Weekend 27th/28th********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies....

Thankfully we didn't get anymore snow. It looks beautiful here today..chilly right now. But, I think it is going to be around 47 or so...Today I am experiencing a few DOMS from Body Max yesterday. Wow is that a workout....Cardio on schedule for my workout this morning. I am going to do one of the HiiT workouts. I was thinking of doing 30/30...

Ok, talk to you later...

Good Morning Kathy! Girls!

We got snow. Ugh. Just aabout 3 or 4 inches. And the roads are cleared. And actually, when the sun came out this morning, it did look very pretty :).

I think I've decided on doing Supersets today. It's 44 minutes, so probably do-able with my schedule later this morning after papers. I hope! I should look through some rotations and come up with a back up in case cathe's March rotation doesn't look great and if I don't feel like doing Feb again. Kathy, are you doing February's ?

Kathy: Oh ya. BodyMax would definitely get ya good! *Bows* down to YOU for getting through the entire thing!!! It's not easy!! I had a hard time with IM2 yeseterday, I don't know why. Have "fun" with 30/30 today, or whatever you decide to do!

From yesterday:

Beth: I hope you have power back!! I feel like we're living on the edge a little with the heavy snow hanging on the power lines. ...I think I'll order the book for Alex this week. he's almost done with his book report stuff. It's funny, because he chose Robert E Lee to do his report on. But he's suddenly , and for no apparent reason, interested in the Vietman War. So he got a book on it, and he's writing his OWN report ("I'm going to save it for 6th Grade"). Nice he has that motivation and interest, but he's NOT taking the time with Robert E Lee!!! :eek:.... It's also funny, I ALWAYS go back and read the night before's post, and I didn't yesterday. ... So you have a kind of chronic lung issue? Kind of like asthma? And infections/colds hit you harder than most people. Do you ever use inhalers? .... Thanks for making me feel a bit better about my grocery spending! It is defnitley better than eating out every night.

Joanne: Work is crazy, huh? Do you have to bring home work too? Hope your weekend goes ok. Yes, I am SO done with Winter , SO done. I ache for the sunshine and the birds and the green grass! It will come, but as my mom reminded me, it has snowed in April here before. thanks Mom! LOL!...That's too funny about how they skipped over the girls lines in the school musical, and she ad libbed them later!! Love it! Hope their performances go well this weekend. We do the same thing with band performances, usually only one of us goes. (which is usually me). It's too crazy with greg's work schedule and the 2 other boys.

Gotta go kick Zach's butt to get going on his papers. His lolly gagging is going to eat into my workout time!!!!!! :confused:

Hi ladies! Rare weekend check-in for me. No workout, though. :( I was supposed to do MMA Boxing, but slept in instead. Oh well. I'll do it tomorrow. Jameson is at his Algebra placement test for high school, so I had to get up and get him there.

OMG - how scary - the earthquake in Chile and the tsumani warnings. So much horrible stuff going on in the world. I just heard on CNN that the tsumani speed can reach 500 mph. wow.

Kathy, BodyMax is a toughie! Must feel good to conquer it!

Chris, too funny about Alex's report! Hey, at least you'll be ahead of the game next year! I very rarely bring work home. If I do, I usually don't get to it. I'm really good about drawing the line between work and home. DH said the play was good last night - I can't wait to see it tonight.

Have to run and get Jameson...

Joanne

HI ladies..

Done with 30/30...I didn't really want to do anything. But, now that I am done I am glad I did it. Tomorrow is a rest day that is needed....

Joanne: I was reading about the earthquake too and the tsumani. Scary stuff going on...

Chris: I am not sure what rotation I will do next. I want to see what Cathe posts for March. I can't believe tomorrow is the end of Feb....This month really flew by! Enjoy Supersets. I did that one the other day!!

Good morning! Yes, the earthquake/tsunami stuff is scary and heartbreaking. Yikes.

Nice to see a post from Joanne early on a Saturday! Sleeping in is so good when you can! I was wondering about the play..... here it's an all-parent done event, so up front they tell you you have to commit to something like 30 hours of your time for your kid to participate. Unfortunately that means some kids who want to be in it are not, because their parents can't/don't want to do the work. With your full-time working, did you have to do any work on it?!

Chris, I feel like I go to the grocery store every day and spend at least $50 (weekday, so not 7x), and that's only for four of us!! I thought about you as I swiped my credit card yesterday, in fact!

Actually, I have been diagnosed with mild copd!! Bummer! We tried I guess it was advair and singulair and both gave me bad side effects -- I had completely forgotten that part, and Larry and I were both a bit worried that I wasn't taking anything -- I don't know.... you know, you get older and you worry about stuff more, and for some reason (I guess because of the crud we had), we were worried about me. I was relieved to know there was a good reason I stopped (one gave me bad vertigo!). So the other day she said since the side effects so badly outweighed the benefit, it's probably ok that I'm not taking anything.

That is funny about the report. I wonder if the Vietnam interest comes from Avatar at all? I listened to an interview with James Cameron last night and they talked about the war tie-ins, mentioning the Vietnam war and the Iraq war. The whole interview made me really want to see the movie!! And, I now want to see the academy awards, too! Blerg!

The weather was insane here yesterday.... driving home was pretty scary, partly because I drive a prius and I've had the whole stuck accelerator problem on my mind constantly when I drive now. The freeway had so much water on it in parts that my car kept telling me it was skidding, and I know one problem toyotas have had is with skids and the anti-lock break feature, so..... I was very stressed! We are thinking about trading in the prius for a volvo.... I'm wanting a third row of seats without getting an suv or minivan, so that seems an option.... any other suggestions? We ended up just hanging out at my friend's house -- the mom of the kid we were going to take to the movie -- had such a great time! The four boys get along so well and it was so nice to relax and chat.

Oh my workout.... chatty me..... I did bum bum, high and tight, and a little bit of his tummy tuck. What names, I swear! Anyway, I'll be having a broken butt! :) I'm thinking I may do PUB tomorrow..... we'll see.....

hope everyone has a great day. We've finally gotten Travis' science experiment going (which we should have done a week ago, I think!). He's growing sugar and salt crystals..... from Hottie's sister's book, actually! But I used some fancy-shmancy black salt for the salt, and it didn't really saturate, so I'm certain it's not going to crystallize. But, we'll have results either way! We're going to set up a camera on a tripod to take pictures as it happens, and then string the pics together into one gif like a movie. The teacher wanted some "wow" factor to show the younger kids, so that's our "wow".

Chris, I hope it's another better weekend at work!!

Hey again...

I did end up doing SS. It was fast. I skipped calves and abs and it was over in 40 minutes!! Seemed a little 'easier', but I got it done on a Saturday!

Otherwise, been busy cleaning, cooking ... and trying to dry the SOAKED sneakers and boots I found that the boys left in the garage. These are their SCHOOL sneakers. If I didn't find them, they'd put them on Monday and squish to school and have cold wet feet all day. And they probably wouldn't even care! Boys, I tell ya!

Joanne: Nice to CU on a Saturday!!!! Hope the Musical is fun today, it should be! Hope Jameson does well on his placement test too! The Earthquake in Chile was HORRIBLE. And the pres of the country is saying they don't need outside help. that scares me. I swear, politics are f'n crazy. the threat of a tsunami is horrid too! ... The world is nuts lately. ..

kathY: Good going on 30/30!! it does feel BEST when you're done! LOL!.

Beth: I can easily spend $50 at the grocery store every day! If I go for "just milk", it's not less than that, I swear! I have to MAKE myself stay away. .... Don't you have to get your car fixed? Will you ? I have no idea on a car with 3 row seating that isn't a SUV. Oh, a minivan? (I vowed NEVER to get one..LOL!). ...That and NEVER go to Chuck E Cheeses. I've stayed away from both thus far! .... I hadn't read or heard about the Avatar and war tie-ins. I should go look that up. I know it was supposed to have "deeper meaning". .... thanks for the well wishes at work!!!.... I think you like the feeling of a broken butt!

*waves* to Hottie!!!!!

Almost time for my nap!!!!

I liked 30/30 quite a bit, but I also understand not wanting to do anything!! :D

Well, we were all going to go for a hike, and we hadn't quite gotten it together when it started raining again. So, instead of a hike, I took Travis to Lightening Thief. Pretty good movie, though Travis was disappointed because I guess they had to change a lot of things from the book (and it sounded pretty major, too, and I'm wondering if he forgot some of it or something).

You know, I'm not even sure they have recalled the prius yet for any of this craziness, but Larry's pretty convinced they probably used the same code, or similar in many models. He also read that the prius has over 100 million lines of software! :eek: No minivan here.... we have the sprinter and I don't like driving it -- too big. But, the sprinter with all its seats is so big it requires a different kind of license to drive it! So, we leave it as the vacation-mobile.

We got a fair bit done here before we left for the movie.... I'm feeling pretty good!

Happy Sunday morning! Wow, it's beautiful here this morning! I should have slept in and gone for a run! But, we have a busy day! Off to friends to watch the big hockey game at noon, and when we get home our friends are coming here to cook dinner for us. So, this morning we pack for science camp and you know those other chores that never end.

I did hiit pyramid.... thought I was going to do 30/30, but I wanted the one without the step. I sure wish she had done two without the step instead of the other way around. Oh well, and then I added on PUB! I'm done!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day........

I wish I felt happy on Sunday mornings! They sound so nice in theory! LOL!

Beth, your day sounds like a very nice one. It's funny, Alex wants to see the Lightening Thief BEFORE reading the book. Maybe he's better off to do it that way. .... I can't even remember which HiiTs have steps or not. Is PYAMID the only one that doesnt?... Either way, good job! Pyramid is kind of fun, since it mixes up the times. Oh, I'm thinking of Cardio Core Circuit as an HiiT, but I guess it's really not (it doesn't have the step).

What rotations are you guys doing for March? Any idea of what the plan is? Are you guys on a plan?

Work was actually not too bad last night, considering. We worked short RNs. But my personal assigment wasn't too bad. Just one girl who gave me a hard time and the doctors, on the other side, giving me a harder time about her. My patients weren't too labor intense, so i was able to be the "helper" to the other 2 RNs.

Better go get dinner underway!...

GO USA!!

Aww, did you guys see the hockey game? I felt so bad for them. I mean, they all looked so dejected and sad. I wanted to shake them and say "hey - look at you guys - you're at the freakin' Olympics and you did awesome - be proud!" They're all such young kids! I feel the worst for the poor goalie.

The play was great!! They did an awesome job. To think these kids are only 6th-8th graders. Some of them really have a stage presence. It was really entertaining. Jameson was only on the stage a few times, but got a laugh for one of his lines. Ian was up there a lot in the dances and had a few lines. Beth, all they ask of the parents is to donate pop or water for the concession stand. They ask for volunteers to work the concession stand and sell tickets and to help with hair and makeup. But, none of it is mandatory. I did concessions yesterday - just before and during intermission. Two teachers do the bulk of it - they do an amazing job with the kids. It's really about three months of long days for them with practices after school. Another one made all the costumes. This year the kids gave them flowers and gift cards after the performance, which was nice. I need to send them a card or something, too.

Chris, I'm going to finish out this week of the rotation since I fell behind. I'm not sure what to do next. I'll see what March looks like, but I think I'll probably do a week trying out Tonique and maybe some circuits. I probably have some other new ones I haven't done, too. I was thinking of doing a "shrink-wrap" rotation. I can only do DVDs that haven't been opened yet! ;) Oh, my kids have done that - left wet shoes outside. I've had to throw then in the dryer which probably isn't very good for either!

Beth, I don't know of any three-row seaters that aren't SUVs. I, too, vowed never to have a mini-van! What about some type of station wagon? I know, doesn't sound much better than a mini-van. Lots of butt work today, huh? I actually went to order BBL and it was out of stock.

Kathy, I like that about the HiiTs - they're nice and short so if you don't feel like working out, they are over quick!

DH is really sick, not sure if it's the flu or stomach poisoning. But, oh, the drama!! I know he feels horrible, but I swear, the kids handle being sick better than him. He was talking about all his symptoms and he was getting me a bit concerned. He said his back hurts - like where his kidneys are. I think he might have an infection. I wanted to take him to the ER today, but he said he'll wait to go to his doctor tomorrow. Then he says he's going go work tonight because tomorrow is Pulaski day and his friend also brings Putskis (I've totally butchered that word, but it's some kind of polish donut or pastry?). He was serious. I was like, OK, how sick can you be if you're going to work for the donuts!! He said it's a tradition, he can't miss it. ;)

The kids were driving me crazy today. Ian must have said he's bored 100 times. He asked if he could go to the mall with two friends (girls). I told him no, I don't think he's old enough to go to the mall alone. He's only 12. He was fine with it - I think he knew my answer, but he was so annoying today!! Everything I suggested he do, he whined and said no, that's no fun! Uggh! We have to find something to do tomorrow cause they are off school and they will drive me crazy!

Oh, yea, all this blabbing - I did MMA Boxing this morning. Step Moves is tomorrow - looking forward to it!

Off to check on DH...

Joanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.