February 10 Check in Tuesday 23rd********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

Getting us started..I am experiencing some DOMS from Supersets. Good functional DOMS. Today I am doing some cardio. Not sure what. Maybe something off the cardio hits or classics DVD or an IMAX..

Be back later...

Good Morning! (holy crap, hit some key and my post posted w/ just my Good Morning!)

It's not the BEST morning here. My sinuses are filled back up and pressurized once again. I thought I was getting/feeling better! WTF?

It is snowing, but "wet" snow, and it's melting on the roads, so SCHOOL IS ON! For that I am grateful for. Actually Alex said he did NOT want school to be canceled, because it's "too boring" at home. that's my boy!! I do have to go in to help out with Jake's reading groups today at 9:30. not so excited about that , since my head is so stuffed up. But it's only for 30 minutes.

Kathy: YAY for functional DOMS!!! A good fun cardio sounds perfect for you today.

Joanne: OH you stop! YOU have a reason for not doing your workouts last week, you COULDN'T SEE!!! Hello! i was just feeling 'stressed and overwhelmed' with life. Not the same! Oh, I think that kid I had for a patient was just white trash rude. He really didn't know any better. He kept calling me "dude". Wow. One of the questions I HAVE to ask is about his bowel habits. I asked "Do you move your bowels every day?". and he said, "What? what does that mean? Poop?" . *sigh*. I just know my kids would NEVER ever act anything like that. And neither will yours!!!.... I know, my kids usually end up fighting over board games too. Better if I play with them though. I still need to find that "Head of the Class". I couldn't think of the name of it at the library the other day. They loan out board games. Maybe next time!!

Hottie: WHATCHA gonna do today? I think you should jump on the Step Moves wagon with me and Beth!!! Can YOU do that tripple run over the step???

Beth: Speaking of that triple run, I was the SAME way as you!!! I could do it when it was all alone, but once it got added in , my feet just couldn't do it. It was weird! But weirder because you did the same thing! LOL!!

Today is PUB, Up Only Premix. It's supposed to be PUB Abs too, but I did them yesterday (to separate them from CCC tomorrow). I'm almost tempted to do a little cardio today too. Since my jeans are cutting off my circulation this morning!! ACK!!!

BBL, gotta go chase my boys to the busstop!

Last edited:
Very quick here as I'm flying out the door but Chris wrote so much I want to comment on. On the triple step..... I actually was wondering while I was doing it if it's the same things that are hard to get for most everyone -- I think it's got to be how our brains work somehow.

And, I'm feeling crummy again, too! Ug!!! I did not work out this morning.... got out of bed and just didn't feel right. I had NMTZ slated and just couldn't face it.... so now my plan is to hopefully do a hiit workout this afternoon (since it's short).

gotta run.... my boys are fighting like crazy since last night!!!

Chris and Beth, hope you both can beat that crud!! The good thing about last week was I actually got lots of sleep. Didn't get up early to work out and usually took naps while the kids were in school to rest my eye. I actually felt more energetic than usual.

Chris, aww, thanks. I know I had a good reason not to workout, but I was still feeling guilty. Then I got to the point where I enjoyed sleeping in and didn't miss it so much. I was worried it would be hard to get back on the wagon. Yea for school on!

Beth, NMTZ would definitely be too much if you're feeling cruddy.

Hottie, what workout are you doing today? ;)

Kathy, I have Supersets, but don't know if I've actually ever done it! Sounds like a fun cardio today!

I started back on the rotation today with week three and did GS Back, Biceps and Shoulders. I feel like I needed a cardio, but I want to stick with the rotation and finish it out. Tomorrow must be a cardio - I'll have to go check.

Oh, and did I mention ;)? I got the Toniques. I'm so weak....not sure when I'll try one.

Joanne, did you get all the toniques, even mat? Can't wait to hear what you think of them -- you're so funny! Did I tell you guys that Larry has commented more than a couple of times that my butt looks smaller lately? I think it's either bbl or tonique, though I don't think I've done either enough to show a difference.

Hottie, Step Moves????

This morning was crazy, and I'm sure part of it was getting that crock pot set up. Blerg! And then Travis smashed his finger on the door on the way out --- back in for band-aid and cold pack! Crazy.....

Oh my.

The 30 minutes in Jake's class was horrible. They had a substitute who didn't really know what was going on. And I got the group with the boys who can't stay on task. It seriously was torturous!!! I kept eyeing the clock wishing for it to hit 10a!!

Came home and did the up only PUB and then decided to add on a cardio. I mean, I didn't feel horrible doing PUB, so what the heck. I did the MMA Heavy Bag Bonus (without the bag). Not too shabby! It got my HR up there, and holy cow, the air squats were craziness and got it up there even more! It definitely would be nicer to have the heavy bag though.

I still feel crappy though. My head is all stuffed up. Going to make some tea and watch some DVR'd stuff I couldn't watch last week when the kiddies were home.

Beth: Sorry you feel shitty. What the heck is the matter with us? We need a MEDIC!!! (a cute one would be best!). I HiiT would be a good workout for you today, if you feel up to it. My boys are nicely apart and have stopped fighting ..that was LAST week here. HOw did yours do on vacation?

Joanne: I understand the guilty feeling. It just happens, even though we know it shouldn't. The 3rd week is pretty good! GS workouts gave me wicked DOMS. Well, not the leg premix, but the Plyo took care of that one! I actually love this whole rotation. I might repeat it if March doesn't look great. You are too funny about the Toniques! Enjoy that accent! LOL!

Hey, I asked on OD , but wondering, what is your favorite Kickboxing workout (non-Cathe and non Turbo Jam). I have a GC for Amazon and was thinking of getting a new workout. Or if you have another suggestion, I'd take it!

First off -- I did Step Moves just for Beth! I need to make sure to do some resistance training though because whenever i do a workout after a while it's always cardio. I've lost all my strength from STS. :( But I will say...my arms to look less bulky from the stress. As for stress, it's not letting up. I think I'm in the explosive part of whatever the hell this is where what happens next I think determines both of our paths. It's absurdly stressful. I find it amazing that when we're stressed out we turn to the food that probably makes our bodies feel the worst and avoid things that would make us feel better like exercise. Or maybe you guys aren't like that and I just don't make sense! :) We had a couples session yesterday -- it was the first therapist I think I liked for the both of us; sort of nailed Joe to the wall at the end and I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing. (It was nice for someone else saying what I've been saying for a while though.) But I guess we'll see. We have another person tomorrow to try so I guess we'll see how that goes. Ok, enough lame stuff!

Kathy -- hey what did you do? :)

Chris -- I'm sorry you feel so crummy! That heavy bag workout looks intriguing but I haven't bothered as I have no bag to hit. About those triple shuffles...you know, I had it before I saw Cathe in Jersey but when I was in the class she sort of overexaggerated throwing the body back to each side of the step and it helped keep the time a lot better. I have absolutely no trouble with it now.

Beth -- feel better! Are you just losing your cardio capacity to make me look better at the RT? I hope Travis' finger is feeling better!

Joanne -- I'm so happy your eye is feeling better. Your experience with lasik has completely scared me about getting the surgery myself though. nothing can be easy or simple can it!

I had this window open for 3 hours. I think you all must have posted in the meantime...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.