February 10 Check in Monday 22nd********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.....Today I have decided to do Supersets for my workout. Not much going on for us today. We have CCD tonight and school lessons this morning. So, with that in mind...time to get the kids up.

Be back later to chat...

Hi Kathy, and all! Happy Monday, I guess.... it's going to be tough going back into the routine after a week off. TGIM, Chris!

I did Step Moves this morning -- fun. I think it was my second time -- still missing some of the steps, but getting closer. I feel like I need to do it once a week to get ready for the road trip -- we'll see if I can make myself do that (I might want some athletic step in there, too!). After my poor cardio performance yesterday, I'm thinking I need a once a week hiit, too. Hard to work everything in!

I cannot believe we're almost at the end of Feb. already. It just occurred to me that Travis is off to science camp next week -- crazy! Larry was supposed to go visit his mom -- still haven't made that happen. Too much to do!

Yesterday Larry and I worked on hoisting a "new" (used, but just acquired) lathe onto its base. The thing weighs multiple hundreds of pounds -- it was scary, but we did it -- one step at a time, just like the egyptians. I married a crazy man. He later went down to a pub in town to watch the hockey game (olympics) because everyone we knew who would be watching it was not answering their phone! Crazy.

Have a great day!

Hey Girls... Yes TGIM!!

I had a pretty decent night at work again! Not only were my patients really nice and enjoyable, I felt pretty darn good... barely sleepy, NO headaches, no nodding off and feeling like puking and dying! Always a good thing!... I did have an admission last night that wore on my patience though. A 22 yr old "kid" (guy) who was so immature. He was seriously "white trash" and his attitudes towards life was very annoying. He was covered in tattoos, a few piercings. He talked fresh fresh fresh (F word frequently). He had an infection of his foot, and I know it hurts, but he was CRYING and being VERY dramatic about it. Oh, get this. I asked him who would be the one to call in emergency. He gives me a girls name, uncertain of how to spell the last name. I asked how she was related, he said, "She's my "baby-mama"". Oh, how sickening is it that he doesn't know his "baby-mama"'s last name? AND this girl was supposedly in control of his medical insurance (Mass Health, which is state/free insurance). .... He was a hard one, let me tell you! I wanted to kick his ass and tell him to get it together. And stop being so fresh!!! Ugh!

I'm feeling kind of bad TODAY, that I missed my workout on Saturday. :( You know, "failing" the rotation. I know it's not failure, but I just feel disappointed.

ANyways,, starting Week 4 (the last week) of it. Today is supposed to be Step Moves. I was thinking of alternatives, because I haven't done this but maybe once before, and I'm not sure of the moves, but since I read that YOU did it, Beth, I'm going for it!!!!

Kathy: SS is always a good one, short and to the point!! Hope you enjoyed it and may the DOMS gods be with you tomorrow ;)

Beth: I think you should try to get those HiiT's in once a week too. I think they are amazing for cardio endurance!! They've really made a difference for me. ....From yesterday, can't believe your experience with those online tickets!! How crazy!!! What did you end up doing? ... What the heck is a lathe? and why do you hoist it on a base? LOL!! You and Larry are too funny w ith your projects. Did you end up setting up your new workout room? ... I missed a lot of good Olympic stuff this weekend. The US won they're hockey game, didn't they?

Better get underway here.. tick tock tick tock!!!

Hey Chris! Glad you had a better night at work -- except for that guy! Do you have any idea what made the difference in your energy? Kind of ironic after the week you had! Maybe it just seemed easier! ;) That is pathetic about that FreshGuy. It also reminds me that I need to teach my boys to be nice to people who are taking care of them! (I hope they are already learning it -- it's certainly an important life skill!).

Oh yes, do Step Moves! It's fun, and yes, sort of tricky, but once you kind of get it, not as tricky as it seems. I like that she brought some new moves in.

Lathes.... there are metal working lathes, woodworking lathes, and baby carrot lathes. :D Seriously, a lathe is a tool that spins an object (metal, wood, or carrot), and you hold a chisel on the rotating object and cut off material. It's how wooden bowls are carved, and yes, how baby carrots are made. Larry tells me the piece we lifted weighs at least 500 pounds. We did it by jacking it up inch by inch, putting something underneath it to raise it up, jacking it up a bit more, and then eventually getting a chain around it so that if it slipped there was a little safety mechanism there, and well, eventually we got it into place. I was really scared doing it. Still no workout room set up. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that!!

Yesterday we just sort of wasted the day playing games -- Go to the Head of the Class is a big favorite now, and chess, which Travis painfully whips me in.

Back to work for me!

Beth: Thank you for the Lathe explanation! Greg would be disappointed (but not surprised) in me for not knowing that! LOL!!! But holy COW, 500 lbs???? You go, muscle woman!!!... Did Step Moves!! It was fun, but damn, my Monday brain wasn't quite ready for all those moves. Sometimes I'd get them, other times no. The three step little run back and forth over the step totally threw me. Couldn't get that one down. But I did sweat, and breathe heavy and burn a few calories, so all is good! I know the feeling of wanting to try it again soon to get that footing down.

OMG, we're supposed to have snow/rain/mix EVERY day this week. Ick ick ick ICK!!! I'm almost feeling like a school delay or cancel is going to happen tomorrow... Please , God, NO! Not a day caged up with my boys again!!! I'm JUST recovering from last week now!

I'm not sure what was different about this weekend, Beth. I may have eaten a LITTLE bit better/healthier. One thing I know on SUndays, I stopped taking 1/2 Benadryl to help me sleep during the day. (I didn't take it last week either). I noticed it was making me sleep WAY deep (which was nice), but I always had this icky headache when I woke up. Harder to sleep without it, but not worth it.

Off to the showers and then pancakes for supper (Asparagus omelette for mwah!!) .

Hi ladies! I'm still here in the land of the living! My eye is FINALLY feeling a bit better. I tell you, that was a depressing, scary experience. The vision is still horrible, but it has improved. I went to my eye doctor three times last week and the surgeon (DH calls him the butcher ;)) today. He says in the process of killing the bad cells, he killed some good ones and those have to regenerate. How long? Oh, one week or 3-6 months. In other words, he has no freakin' idea. If I'm not seeing noticeable improvement in the next week, I'm going to get another opinion.

Chris, talk about "failing" the rotation! ;) I haven't worked out in seven days. Ugh! I'm thinking of starting week three tomorrow. I'm bummed - I really liked this rotation, but with the whole eye thing I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to workout. But, I'll give it a go tomorrow, since it seems to be mostly healed. What a pain in the A** - that kid. Really - grow up already. Such a shame. You catch more bees with honey than vinegar, as my mom always told me. :)

Beth, wow, 500 pounds. You and Larry rock!! I didn't know what you were talking about either, now I kind of get it! Playing games is fun, not a waste! Good family time. Ian keeps asking to play Monopoly -we just don't seem to have that big of a block of time. And, our games always degenerate into fights between the boys. Maybe it's time to try again, though.

Had more to say...but have to get Jameson and Ian from play practice and start dinner. Just wanted to check in and let you know I'm still alive!

Joanne

Hey Joanne! Ug, your eye!! I hope it's the one week timeframe! That's got to be so miserable. Larry forgot to bring his (reading) glasses to work today and he basically had to be on the phone and then just left way early cause he just couldn't function without them. I feel for you, friend!!

Ok, so the 500 pounds -- we didn't lift the weight ourselves.... we were using a hydraulic lift and the chain. We had to hoist here and there, but not the entire weight. That's why I said we did it like the egyptians.

Oh, and you're so right, Joanne.... playing games is not really a waste of time.... it's just that when I look around at the tornado mess our house is in, I feel like I could have used my time more wisely. ;)

Chris, I know what you mean about those three steps.... I could do them in the beginning when they weren't part of the full combo, but when she put the whole combo around them, I was hopeless!

Sorry about the weather, Chris! I'll keep my fingers crossed for the school to be OPEN!

Oh, and I meant to tell you.... when I mentioned that hiit this morning, and every time I think about doing one of them, I think about the success you had with them. So, I will keep you as my inspiration and try to do one a week.

I just recreated a sauce for fish that I had a restaurant -- I think I told you guys about it -- I kept dreaming about it! We'll be slapping it on fish for dinner tonight, I can't wait! It's not quite the same -- I'll bet they used sour cream and I used nonfat greek yogurt, but so far the sample is good! I love it when something like that turns out!! What I did, in case you're interested..... is nonfat greek yogurt (so it's thicker), pickled jalapeno chopped up finely, lime juice, cumin, dill weed, oregano, and a little cayene. MMMMmmmmm. It's supposed to be put on sort of fried fish. We will bread sole and pan cook it and use the sauce to top it.

I love that you do breakfast for dinner on Mondays..... just can't talk my family into breakfast for dinner any day -- isn't that crazy?! I try to do meatless mondays just for a theme, but we had fish tonight we have to eat.

um..hi. :) i know its near the end of the day but if you guys could make sure I get back on the horse tomorrow...that would be nice. it was nice to see all your positive posts -- it made me smile! I'm glad that everyone is doing better!

Hi Hottie! Get right back on that horse and do Step Moves. I thought of you at the shoulder shimmy, of course. Actually, throughout the workout this morning I thought about how impressive it is that you can get all the steps!!!

7.gif

Hottie and Joanne!!!!

Gotta go watch the Bachelor now...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.