February 10 Check in Friday 5th********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Well, today is the day that they tells us we are getting alot of snow. Close to 2 feet..I am really sick of winter!! Anyway, I am feeling DOMS. I knew I would. On top of the outer thighs that were feeling sore yesterday, I feel my quads and glutes too...Today is Step Heat from the classics DVD and watching snow fall!!

Be back later...

Good Morning!

Going to go get started on Plyo Legs Disc 26 (I think that's the number). I'm going to TRY to not push it so hard on the plyo stuff, it's been rough cardio this week (CCC and then IM2 Blasts yesterday). ... After workout, grocery shopping for the weekend , and then home to cook and clean and do laundry. I'm bringing Zach to a late afternoon diabetes check up today, so afterwards we're all meeting at Red Robin for burgers. Not sure how that's going to go with my eating. usually I can be pretty good (get the veggie burger and steamed veggies). But my moods lately in the afternoons have been "gotta eat! gotta eat! hungry hungry hungry!!!". ...

On a sad/side note, Jes, our Saturday night sitter, FB'd me last night saying she was having heavy bleeding and stomach cramps, and was pretty certain she was having a miscarriage. I know it didn't seem like the time for her to have a baby, but it's sad either way. I feel bad for her. Sooo.... on the other side of it, I have to have my anxiety attack about Michelle (the busy body) doign the overnight on Saturday. She just doesn't GET Zach's diabetes and how serious it is and can be. It makes me nervous! :confused: I'm almost hoping she says she can't do it so Greg will take a "family medical leave" day and stay home. (Just got a call back while I'm typing this, Michelle can come )

Kathy: I think you should rent a bunch of good movies and bake cookies and make hot cocoa this weekend! try to enjoy it! :)confused:). Step Heat sounds very appropriate for today!!!

BIG waves to Beth, Joanne and Hottie!!! :):):)

Good morning! Good leg work, you guys. Take it easy on the plyo, Chris, for sure! You have had a really tough week of workouts, so no wonder you've been hungry! We may go out to dinner after I take Travis to a late dr. appt. -- funny!

That is sad about the babysitter, Chris, but if that's what happens, I'm sure as time marches on she may realizes it was perhaps a mixed blessing. On the other babysitter -- is there no way to talk to her to try to impress upon her how serious this is? I'm sure you've tried, so I guess not. That's got to be so frustrating and stressful for you!! Perfect little icon there.

Well, I did that Patrick 24/7 this morning -- I hated it! This is the first time I can remember feeling so strongly that I'll never want to do the workout again. I was thinking about trading it, but then I remembered.... I bought it from Collage, and they have some sort of return policy, don't they? I'll have to check into that. I just thought he got too creative with the moves to the point where it was really leaning on the injury-prone side of things -- just no reason to put myself through that! I had high hopes it might have been sort of like lalo, because on previewing there seemed to be lots of balance move and stuff, but it was just wacky!

I'm sort of running late here... better get it in gear. Have a great day!

PURE Craziness!

PLYO Legs was NOT as hard as I remember it! I'm freaking myself out a little here, I really think Shock Cardio is doing it to me! Cool!... My HR did NOT get up to it's max as much (only towards the end) and the plyo moves didn't seem to last long either. I did modify a few (3 risers instead of 4, and didn't hold a weight for the backward squat/turns). But get this: I actually was able to do about 6 sit and stands on ONE side!! WITH MY LEG IN THE AIR! Just crazy stuff!

Beth: Oh crap on not liking your workout. That has GOT to suck! A rip off!! I know I told you before, I tried a Patrick Goudreau step tape and hated it too. It was so freakin complicated. (Want it? LOL!)... I'm sure Jes will know it's for the best at some point. But it sucks so bad going through it. Plus all those hormones make it worse. Like my other sitter, some one who adores kids (she also works at a daycare with babies and kids) and wants one of her own someday. ... I think it's more Michelle just annoying me with her suggestions and her money issues. She did wake Zach up for his sugars last week, AND called me. So I have total control over what she needs to do. And Greg CAN go home any time he needs to. ..Ya, I think it's just her busy-body-ness. LOL!..I told her Jes couldn't make it this weekend again because she has some health issues. Of course she asks me, "Oh? What is exactly wrong with her?". NONE of her freakin business. I told her "She has some female problems, she should be back next week". ugh

Better get moving ... BBL!

Hi ladies!!

Wow, I just did 5.15 miles on the treadmill! Go me! ;) I was supposed to do the Imax2 premix blast, but was thinking that was just too much plyo stuff all together. And, I was itching to run. So, I did an itrain interval run. I was a bit nervous, thinking I wouldn't do so well since I haven't run in so long, but I felt great!

Chris, seriously??? You did six one-legged sit and stand thingies? Wow - that is great. I can't imagine ever be able to do one! I think you're right about Shock Cardio helping. Didn't you say Imax2 seemed easier yesterday, too? I think it's probably the HiiT - it's supposed to improve your endurance, I think. That's sad about your sitter. Such a tough situation. You know having a baby isn't the best thing for her in her life now, but still, a miscarriage is so hard. Yea, your backup sounds like a busy body!!

Kathy, yikes - two feet of snow!! You have been hit hard this winter, haven't you?

Beth, I have that Patrick (surprise! ;)) I did it a couple weeks ago and I think I actually liked it! I can't remember too much about it except that it was pretty hard. I think collage will take returns. I've tried his step and hated it! Way too complicated for no good reason. It didn't even seem fun or like it would get your heartrate up.

Ian's team won again last night and Ian scored a basket! First one of the season for him.

Kind of a quiet weekend, I think. Three soccer games Saturday, but that's about it. Not sure what we're doing for Super Bowl, if anything. Have to do some cleaning.

Have a good weekend if I'm not back (but most likely I will be!)....

Joanne

Go you and go Chris! Wow, impressive, both of you!! I gotta' do more shock cardio.

Joanne, yes I remember you commenting on it and I kept thinking about you this morning. I just hated that he did all these crazy things while trying to do the weight work -- that just didn't work for me. I checked my collage thing and you have to return within 30 days, but even opened ones they will take back. How cool is that?! So, I'll try to do his others, or at least preview, but may end up sending them all back!! That'll make up for the tonique order. I am sort of tempted to send them all back without even opening the others -- do you have them? They are the earlier "hard work" series, and as I recall looked fairly similar, so I'm guessing I won't like them.

So cool that Ian scored! You must have been thrilled. Travis finally took his first shot yesterday, but didn't make it. They got totally creamed yesterday, and to a team they were theoretically supposed to have beaten, so it was very sad that we ended that way and not with the game from the previous day (yesterday's game was a rescheduled one from the storms, so theoretically we should have ended the season with the really fun game where they played so well -- oh well!).

We are not super bowlers.... going to some annual crab party tomorrow. It's supposed to rain, so it's going to be not very much fun with everyone crammed in the house and wild kids running all over the place.....

Beth, if you didn't like Patrick's latest, you probably won't like the other hard work ones. They're all pretty similar. I have the first, but don't think I've ever done it. The second one is so tough - I did it once and got scared! I haven't done it again. But, it's pretty similar to 24/7, just harder, I think. So, if I was you, I'd send them back. That's too bad the BB season didn't end on a good note. Hopefully they'll remember the good game the most. Ian really likes BB, but after this season there won't be much opportunity for him to play, which is a shame since this is the only sport he's really shown any interest in. This is through the park district and is for 5th and 6th graders. Next year if he played it would be through his school and there's really intense competition to get on the team. Like 100 kids try out and only about 12 make it.

Back to work...

Joanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.