February 10 Check in Friday 26th********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

Getting us started...I am thinking about doing Body Max today. I haven't done that one in a while....

Chris: Did you get more snow? I saw the weather channel last night showed snow your way...We are just really windy. No snow right now.

Gotta get back to the school lessons...Be back later

Hey Everyone!

It's Friday again, how the heck do the weeks go by so quickly, yet winter is neverending?!?!

We actually got a CRAPLOAD of rain last night, it poured and the wind was crazy. I went out to a parent/teacher conference for Zach in it. The rain itself wasn't so bad (it was *warm* out, 38 degrees!), but because of the snow/slush blocking all the drains, there were HUGE puddles and potholes int he roads. It was crazy driving!. ... And the teacher I met with was no ball of fire. She just kind of sat there and had me read what all Zach's teachers wrote and then asked me what MY concerns were. Whatever. It was a very quick meeting!

On today's schedule is IMAX 2, Blast Mania again. But I think I'm going to do it "as is" and maybe do 7 or 8 intervals, instead of the entire thing. This week is weird on the rotation. She has upper body just once (up only PUB on Tuesday) and lower body twice. So tomorrow, i'm going to to some combo of Upper AND Lower body, to get them both in . Oh, today, I'll sneek in some abs. Maybe from Leaner Legs.

Speaking of, my butt is feeling Meaner Legs today, in the weirdest spots! I can't even describe where they are sore, it's strange!

Kathy: Oh! the original BM, that's a good one! LONG too! Enjoy!?!?!

better get going on my workout, and then I'm off to Wally World! Joy Joy! Happy Happy! LOL!

Good morning and Happy Friday, or, OSIF!! Wow, Chris, what crazy weather, and your question is so spot on about the weeks flying but winter neverending. Sounded miserable having to go out in that "warm" weather yesterday!!

Body Max! That is an oldie..... hope you enjoyed, Kathy!

I took a rest day today. Thought about getting up for some yoga, but I was up late last night having a heart-to-heart with Travis and I also have to do a fasting blood test this morning, so I wanted to minimize my awake time before that. :D

Sounds like you're doing a full body workout tomorrow, Chris. Interesting about the doms. My butt is enjoying a rest day, for sure. :eek:

Looks like I'm taking Travis and a friend to see Lightening Thief this afternoon, while Dylan plays with the younger brother. Not exactly what I had in mind for my late Friday afternoon, but what the heck....

Oh, Chris, did your kids like Avatar? That happened while I was away and I tried to post about it, but couldn't.

Waves to Joanne and Hottie!

hey guys -- I'm barely up right now. My throat is exhibiting that "it hurts when I swallow" thing without it being sore all the time. The rest of me is very exhausted. I fear the beginning of strep though I hope its something less annoying. Just going to take it easy for now until traffic clears and go to the health center as i can't seem to get any appts scheduled today. I can't wait until I'm back on normal private insurance (I actually think the bulk of the problems is that I'm having the issue on Friday and a lot of the docs don't come in then...) So, not sure how this day is giong to go....very envious of all your workouts though...

Hey Girls again..

I did do IMAX2. Kind of mish mosh. Intervals up to 6 , including the step of #6, but then skipped to 7. I think my total was 6 and 1/2 intervals! LOL!. Then I did LL Abs. It's funny, the traditional ab work/crunches seem to give me some pretty decent DOMS in my ab muscles the next day. Like the functional stuff, the med ball, the stab. ball, the yoga/pilates stuff..nuthin'!

Oh, I added on 3/4's of StretchMax too. that felt so good! I do love to stretch.

Beth: Oh that's right, you saw the doctor this week about your cold/chest congestion? Any advice or ideas? Is the fasting blood sugar just part of your yearly exam? .... It's nice you;re able to talk to Travis like that. I hope I'm always able to talk to my boys, that they never shut me out. ..... I'm jealous! I'd love to go see Lightening Thief! My SIL (a 4th grade teacher) recommended those books for Alex. We never did start them (he's got way too much going on at school w/book reports, etc). And then the movie came out! You'll have to let us know how you and the boys like it!.... Zach (14) LOVED Avatar. ALOT. (He went with his buddy before I saw it). Jake and Alex liked it pretty good. They didn't rave about it, like Zach did. I have a feeling there was probably stuff that confused them. But they liked all the special effects and the entire place of that it took place, in the forrest. I LOVED Avatar! So much so, that I would really pay full 3D price to see it again. It's a movie you NEED to see at the theater IN 3D to fully appreciate it. ....

Hottie: Oh ick! I hate that first feeling of a sore throat. I had that 2 or 3 weeks ago, ALL weekend, and it turned into a sinus/snot mess. I still have it. OMG, the stuff that "drained" after IMAX! :eek: today!! it's good you'll get seen though! Oh and from yesterday: Alex hasn't watched the new Narutos yet. he did DVR both of them. I'll let you know what he says! (Joanne, your boys would like it alot I bet! There's new episodes on every Wednesday, usually at 8:30, but we DVR them). ... And the reason I hate grocery shopping is: #1. the amount of money I spend. I really try to get the "bargains", but I get too many of them, and my bill is outrageous. I'm kind of embarassed to say, I spend roughly $200 on groceries ever week. Not counting the milk and bread stops! that's so bad! And #2. The weather was so gross yesterday, i hated walking around in it with groceries. And oh, I *HATE* bringing them in and putting them away. HATE it!

I'd better go, I'm procrastinating... (Who, me??)

Crazy storm starting here..... power is already out on part of the mountain, so.... that may change the movie plans. I'm not sure I want to be out in that kind of thing. Chris, you should get the books from the library -- Travis absolutely ate them up -- couldn't get enough of the whole series! Good to hear about Avatar -- not sure I will have the luxury of seeing it in the theater, but I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Hottie, sorry about the throat and the dr. situation. I hope it goes away without turning into anything!!!

Did anyone read my thread killer post last night? Hottie, I blame the mold for your sore throat! :D And, I mentioned my dr. visit.... mostly that the dr. was so nice -- even though I was just there for my thyroid, since I hadn't seen her in over a year! :eek: But, I asked her about the whole chest thing, and she took a long time to go through my whole chart, even reading letters from other doctors and making out bad handwriting (her own!) to piece everything together. Bottom line is that my lungs are kind of screwed up, but not so bad that I have to do anything yet. She just told me that if it gets worse, I cannot fall into the trap of blaming it on getting older. And no, I have never smoked! Second hand smoke.....

Sure hope I have power this weekend because I have another mountain of laundry to do!!

Oh, and Chris, I don't think what you spend on groceries is bad at all, for a family of five! I think that's pretty amazing. Though you have discovered you know how to use the red wine, you probably don't have the on-going wine charges we do at our house.... :eek:

Hey ladies! Another late check in for me. Work is still crazy, but I've gotten a lot of stuff done that was stressing me out. Trying to get as much done as possible, so I can enjoy the weekend without worrying about this stuff.

Beth, I did read your thread from last night. I always try to check yesterday's thread before I post to make sure I don't miss anything and so no one feels like a thread killer! ;) What a wonderful doctor to take so much time with you. The lung thing sounds a bit scary, but it sounds like you have a great doctor to keep on top of things.

Chris, I probably spend close to that or more on groceries every week. I'm afraid to actually add it up. I actually don't mind shopping once I'm there. If I'm alone. ;) It's quiet! But, I hate, hate, hate, putting it away. And, then, the kids telling me there's nothing to eat after I've just spent $$$$$!! :( So, Avatar is not one of those "wait for DVD" movies, huh? Actually Jameson and Ian saw it, I haven't. Caitlyn keeps asking to see Alison (as she says) in Wonderland. We'll probably go see it, but it looks a bit strange! Could be really good or really stinky! I know....this is the longest winter. Just relentless. Our heat went out again this morning. Like the fifth problem we've had with it this winter. It's old and needs to be replaced, but DH says that just about everything on it is new now, so we don't need to. He's only half kidding. He'll just keep fixing it till it blows up. (not literally, of course!) I don't think I'd do the Blast Mania from Imax2 either. I subbed for it earlier, too. Strange that she has it twice in the rotation.

Hottie, oh, ick, you don't need to be sick! I agree, that mold doesn't sound good.

Kathy, did you do BodyMax?

This weekend is busy. Both Jameson and Ian are in the middle school musical and the performances are tonight and tomorrow. I think just DH will go tonight and I'll go tomorrow. They performed for a senior citizen's group last night. They said lots of kids forgot their lines. They skipped over one girls line and she got upset and randomly threw it in later in the scene so she could say it. Hopefully they got all the kinks out and it will go better tonight!

If I'm not back, hope everyone has a great weekend!

Oh...all my rambling...I forgot my workout today. I did Plyo Legs 35, I think. Actually didn't seem too hard...except the jumping/turning things with the weight. Those make me dizzy.

Joanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.