Feb. 09 check in weekend 2/7 & 2/8/09

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

Getting us started again for the weekend..

Today will be Drill Max Premix #3 and ab circuit weight/plates abs...

Talk to you later..

Goodmorning Kathy and all who follow:

Today is going to be GS CT plus a 30 min cardio workout (still thinking of which one if I have time to add it on). Also, I'm debating wether to go to the commissary today or not (it's 45 mins from here, urgh!).

Kathy: Have a great workout! I love DM!

I'll BB later amigas! :)

Morning gals...

So I went to the podiatrist and it seems that I have something like a pinched nerve and mortorn neuroma and some inflammation explaining some of the pain I have when I work out and some of the stuff that I've developed over time. So, I have to do PT every other day (because well, I have to feed that podiatrist's children) and have my feet taped up funny and wear shoes all the time and...nothing high impact for the next couple weeks. I may/probably get orthotics in the end which is just going to cost me more money but as my husband pointed out, these are my freaking feet and I'd rather give up my fun workouts now so I can do them later for longer. I was so mopey earlier about it that I didn't end up diong GS CT which made DH happy because he played on the Xbox. Anyway, no more Imaxes for sure but I'm thinking about doing LowMax or LIC. I guess this will be a good reason to shift more towards weight lifting and sculpting for the next couple weeks. Ok, I'm still pretty mopey so if anyone wants to cheer me up, please do so...

Kathy - sounds like a fun and busy workout!
Ivy - Hmm..maybe you'll motivate me to do that GS CT workout from last night...

BBL!

Good morning! I'm done with my workout and everyone else is still asleep -- I love it!

Hottie, you should just take it easy for a while, I think -- weights, ok, but I wouldn't be doing much cardio at all if I were you. Joe is right -- take care of them now (limited time -- we could have a countdown!) and workout longer later. Hugs!

I did a netflix this morning -- the firm get chisl'd or however funny they spell it. It was a pretty fun workout -- moved fast. Not much of a calorie burner for me though. I think I'm gonna' miss circuits when doing STS. So funny -- I used to think I hated circuits. I tacked on Ab Circuits pilates and an extended stretch.

Oh, part of the reason I felt crummy last night (for those who saw it on fb) was because I have tweaked my neck somehow -- don't know if it was in a workout or just slept funny or something -- but toward the end of the day it's just no fun. I am not sure what to do about it -- it doesn't seem to get better (it's been more than a week).

Have a great day -- enjoy those workouts!

-Beth

Hey Guys!

My buttocks are KILLING me today. I knew they would be. But you never get used to that "ouch" when you have to sit down to do your business! ;) It always catches me! Really it's just my butt that has DOMS, no quads or hams for the most part.

I didn't have it in me to do Drill Max Premix, so I did 45 minutes of cardio with Turbo Jam Cardio Party 2! fun!! But the kicking was a bit tight.

Followed by Abs Circuit: Weights & Plates. Oh MY! Talk about putting me right into my place! I did the weights segment with a LITTLE struggle, but the plates, forget-about-it! I did VERY few reps as the difficulty got up there. I guess it's something I can work towards. But I feel like a bit of a "failure", ya know? Oh, but I LIKED the SPider-mans and the Mountain Climbers (Which I could actually do!).

Kathy: HOpe you like DM Premix today! And what did you think of the Abs? I read your post from last night about Disc 3. Yes, the standing bonus was like Kickmax! I thought that too! Definitely EASIER than KM, though! Those reps are ENDLESS!

Ivy: Have fun with CT! Hope you pick a good cardio! 30 minutes flies by!

Hottie: Wow, that sounds like intense stuff with your foot. Is it both feet or just one? I know it's a "downer", I totally understand when I had my "toe issue", that's how I felt. Did the Podiatrist say that low impact was ok? double check! You do want to get better ASAP! It would seem to me that Step would be kind of impacting no matter if you jump or not. You can concentrate on weights for this time, for sure! And you have access to a gym right? Do the bike and stuff! You can get some cardio in too! It'll be ok!! ((hugs))

Beth: It's good to shake it up and do something new. I seem to find that any weight work is so much less intense after doing Cathe's stuff. Was this a rest day for CLX or you subbed? OH! SOrry about your neck. You've had it for a week? Maybe one of those icy patches? I would suggest Ben Gay, but I'm thinking they don't even make that anymore...LOL! How the heck did you do Abs with a sore neck, you nut you!!! :eek:

So it's Saturday. Ick Ick Ick. It's not that I MIND work so much, it's just it tires me out so much....

Hi everyone..

Chris: I was having a hard time with those plate abs too..The weight part was tough too..LOL!! I got through the drill max premix..I am sore from yesterday. A good sore though...I can move. I can feel those muscle. But, I can function!! That is good..

Beth: I have the FIRM DVD..It is ok. But, not as tough as Cathe's stuff...Hope that neck is better..

Hottie: Take care of that foot...Hubby's right..rest it!!

Hi Ivy!!!

Chris, it was theoretically cardio for me today, but I figured doing the light weights of the firm would be ok. Wasn't really enough of a cardio factor, but oh well. On the pilates abs, I had to substitute quite a bit actually because of my neck -- I held my neck on a lot of things where she didn't. It was fun -- some new things in there for me. Can't wait to try the one you and Kathy did today.

It's amazing how the leg doms are always in the butt, aren't they? Remember that newlywed game clip "in the butt, Bob."? Larry and I always laugh at that!

I don't know if they make ben gay anymore -- good question. You think cold is better than warm? We just got back from a walk in the woods and I'm ready for some relief!

-Beth

Hello!

Today I did C&W Timesaver Step plus GS CT. It was a great workout. My arms are going to be screaming tomorrow.

Hottie: It's better to take care of your feet now to do workouts longer later like you said. Hope you can get GS CT done tonight. It's such a great workout!

Beth: Great workout! I haven't tried any of the new Firm workouts. I love doing Circuits too! I hope your neck feels better. Is it that you can't turn it much because it feels like it will get pinched or something? If that's the case, I hate when that happens.

Chris: Awesome workout Chris! Don't feel like a failure because you couldn't do certain moves, you will get there :) .

Kathy: Hi! Did you get your workout done today? :)

Well, it's time to clean the kitchen. It's a big mess and I don't like my kitchen to look like that or I will be stressed, LOL! Have a great Saturday ladies! Tomorrow is rest day for me :) I need it because I'm sore everywhere, lol!!

Yep, Ivy, it's that kind of thing only it bothers me more than just when I turn my neck. :(

You all might enjoy this, but Joanne, especially (if you haven't already seen it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7ehlw_phys

I'm feeling pretty accomplished -- cleaned up some of the boys' big mess, got my 2009 folders made and a bunch of stuff filed, cut the boys' hair, went for another walk in the woods, and got some laundry done!

-Beth

Goodmorning everyone!

Today is my rest day. I think I might do some Yoga if I can. It's going to be kind of a busy day so we'll see if I can add some Yoga. And I really need it because I'm so sore ALL over! I hope you all have a wonderful day today! I have to go to work at Church today.

Beth: I hope your neck is feeling much better today :). LOL!!! Oh my gosh! That Youtube Video was so funny!! I can't believe it. Thanks for sharing Beth.

Last edited:
Good morning ladies..

I am with you today Ivy...It is a rest day on the rotation or a stretch day..I think I need some relaxing yoga..So, that is what I will do this afternoon when we get back from church. I also need to hit the grocery store. I think it will be costco today..I hope I can get out there without clearing out my bank account..LOL!!

Good morning! I had an awful night of sleep. :( The good news is that it's only 6:45 and my workout is long since over. Ok, am I crazy? I spent a half hour trying to find a different extended stretch on STS -- I thought they had done multiple extended stretches -- I could only find the one! So I finally did that. My workout was CLX lean circuit 1 -- biceps & triceps with combination or hybrid or whatever it is moves. So, for instance there were bicep curls with a sumo squat where you would go onto your toes to work your calves too. One killer move was the band around the ankles except then you pick up one foot and the band goes around the bottom of the foot and you do hamstring curls -- very tough! That while doing a bicep curl on the opposite arm. I sorta liked this workout but I have to say.... after doing the 8 reps, this workout with 12 reps felt like it dragged for me. I wonder what STS will feel like!! I'm glad to have a week break in between next week. Oh, as a warmup I did a 15 minute cardio session that came on the firm chisl'd workout -- it was fun!

Last night our friends from SF came down again -- part of the reason they are coming down so often is that they are going to plant a garden with us, so we've been working on that, though didn't really get much accomplished yesterday. We have to make raised beds and it's getting to be so much work I almost shutdown the whole project yesterday. We've lived here three years and I still haven't unpacked a whole lot of books because Larry can't seem to get to making bookshelves (because other projects like this get in the way) and yet won't let me go buy something. I want him to make an entertainment center that holds my weights and dvds, too. Maybe I've whined about all this previously..... anyway, when I heard all the work that was going to be required to make the raised beds, I was not happy (cutting down trees and hauling them out of the woods, milling, etc. buying new tools!).

I think my neck is feeling slightly better today -- I hope!

Vilma, you-hooo! Are you there? Didn't hear from you yesterday -- I hope everything is ok.

Have a nice day.....

-Beth

Kathy -- I hope you get in that stretch. Costco takes a lot of my money too. ;)

Ohh. Beth -- I hope you get more sleep tonight. That sounds so cool about planting the garden! My mother (and my sister and I) would take care of this gorgeous roses and in our garden in general but in LA, alas. That's partly why I've been wanting a house so I can actually create some life because I'm terrible at potted plants. That and my living room has workout room which is fine with me and Joe but I think some people are a weirded out since we got rid of our dining table (I like to eat on the floor) and moved all our furniture around so we had an easier time to workout.

Speaking of which -- I got my V-day gifts early! Since we're going to be traveling to NJ on V-day, we're not really going to spend the day together as we normally do (though frankly, I wouldn't even want to eat out given how much we ate out for dine LA). So, I got it this weekend -- those vertical dumbbell racks from 4DS and STS. It looks so cool and he's happy because it takes less space. We've played with pulling the top off it off so we can stick our bars in there and we were talking about making a "cathe" sticker to put it on the side like the ones in her DVDs! Ha! That's so cool that Larry can build anything -- even though Joe was trained as a MechE for three years it was all theory and he never built anything. I have a super strong desire to build things with my own hands but I don't have the resources available as much as I used to where I could learn and do my own projects. I also got a couple certificates for the spa too and I'm wondering when I should do my next facial.

So, I called my doctor and he said that I could definitely do exercise but NO jumping at all, nothing high impact. I could do low impact but basically keep in mind what I was doing to my feet. Frankly, the way he taped up my feet its a bit hard to not keep in mind what happens to my feet. Anyway, as per Joe's suggestion, I did Low Max on 6in instead of 8 so I wouldn't go "THUMP" and I could lightly put my foot down. There was only one part where I was a bit concerned so I modified. (That's basically what the doctor said was to learn how to modify on the spot). I haven't done LowMax in a while and I forgot how much fun it was. Today, I'll probably do the elliptical at home for a bit but I'm not sure when since we are going to look at houses and we're first driving to the east side and then trekking across LA to the west side for some more. It always takes longer than it should..

Happy Sunday!

Kathy: Enjoy your rest day! :) I might do some Yoga today after a dinner we have to attend at church.

Beth: WTG on your workout! You haven't started STS yet right? If not, when are you going to start? I need to buy a new DVD wood case because I have TOO many DVDs and they don't fit in the DVD rack of 150, LOL! I need more space (eek!). I'm glad your neck is feeling better today!

Hottie: I'm glad you were able to do Low max. I haven't done that one in a while either. :) LOL!!! I saw the cathe.com page and I thought that was funny! That would be a good reason for DH to buy STS for me, lol. He wouldn't buy it for me anyways, lol.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone! I'll BB tomorrow.

cathe.com is hilarious -- I hadn't seen it!

Good deal on low max, Hottie -- I would not have dared that -- you must be a real cardio junkie! :) Fun about your VD gifts (ha!)..... Larry and I have never really celebrated that holiday, so I sort of forget about it (except now I can't because of the kids valentine's -- I never do anything for them though -- I know most moms do. Oh well).

Ivy, I haven't started STS yet -- I've just done some of the abs work and I had hoped to do the extended stretches but there seems to be only one on all of those dvds! Can that be?! Was I just imagining that they had created a bunch of different extended stretches? Does anyone remember that? I didn't check all of the discs, but I did a fairly good (I thought) sampling in all three mesos and the separate legs package, and all I saw was that yellow top.

The guys are off putting in fence posts for the garden right now.... I have to take Dylan and a friend to a birthday party in a little while.

-Beth

Beth: When are you thinking of starting STS. I hope I can buy STS this year. I would also have thought there would be more extended stretch in the STS since there are so MANY dvds.

Hey !!

Today is my "Rest" day. It's so ironic, because Sundays I feel WAY not rested...

Last night was "ok" at work. They screwed with our staffing a bunch, and it proved to be "interesting" to say the least. But I liked the girls I worked with a lot, so it went pretty smoothly.

Ivy & Kathy: enjoy your stretches/yoga! My buttocks were KILLING me at work , I kept moaning and groaning like an old lady!

Beth:
One good thing about a crappy night of sleep, workout is DONE for the day! Will you crash early tonight? That garden sounds like a HUGE project. I don't blame you for being perturbed at not getting other projects done because of it. That workout sounds tough!! ... Yeah, on the first week the extended stretch was the same. I'm a bit bummed too. I get tired of the same thing like that. Though it is a good thorough stretch.... Hey ..that video WAS funny from yesterday!

Hottie: Cool V Day gift! Happy house hunting today! ... I have Low Max on tap for Tuesday and now you have me looking forward to it. Glad it worked out well for your foot and you got clarification on what to do for impact. > YES! i've seen the homepage! Excellent marketing concept, I agree!

So tired... as I sit hearing waiting for DH to bring home my Subway sub! It's going to be a long night! :confused:

Hey guys!

Yeah, I'm a bit of a cardio junkie too, but I don't want to give it up completely so I can't be too stupid! The 6inches was a really good idea. I have to say, I think I may have gone too rough on the elliptical or put too much pressure down so I had to ease up on it. Mine is pretty nice (Sole E55) but you do need to put some initial strength to get it moving. I'm thinking I may just have to drop by the school one since those Precors let you have a much "lighter" kind of touch. I forgot to say I did GS: C&T last night with Joe too. I got back from looking at houses. One house on the east side had five offers and 3 of them were over list price and the other house was under lockdown. That meant we stayed on the west side which was fine since we didn't have to drive too far. We saw one that looks very interesting and Joe and I have to sit down and think whether we want to put an offer on it. We have an offer on another home (short sale) that's taken over 4 mos and it looks like it may see an end soon so we're in a unique position.

anyway, hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm thinking of trying to make pumpkin ravioli tonight and I'm debating about doing another GS workout tonight to make sure Joe is getting some iron pumped. I have a headache so probably just calling my mother and watching Joe play on the Xbox.

hey here's a link to my V-day gift! It looks so cool!

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/FVC1VL3Io-b6fqzdE6MmzQ?feat=directlink

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.