Feb. 09 check in 2/6/09

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

Just thought I would get our thread started today..

Today will be Disc 3: Legs...I have got some errands to do today and housecleaning..

Be back later..

Kathy is the official early bird today!
7.gif

I'm going to tackle Disc 3: Legs today too! Funny thing is , my legs AND arms are sore from KPC yesterday! Not horribly sore, but sore enough! :confused:

But I'm excited for Legs... I found a Frisbee for the "plate" exercises..!!

BBL !!

Can't wait to hear about the legs, girls!!

I realized last night I haven't had a rest day since last Tuesday (a week ago, I mean), so, I slept in this morning. Last night I felt I might have had it in me to do imax 2 (it's so fun, afterall), but I woke up in the middle of the night so achy and sore from yesterday's workout, so I stayed in bed this morning. Now I cannot feel if I'm just achy or I'm coming down with something.....

BBL

-Beth

Hola!

Well, today is Leaner Legs and I'm not looking forward to it. I don't remember if this is the lower body workout I did one time that I hated because it was too boring. I'm also going to try to add 4DS KB only. We'll see how it goes. Time to workout!

Kathy: Have fun with your workout today!

Chris: Enjoy your workout today! I have to do Lower Body too.

Beth: I hope you are not getting sick.

BB later :)

Good morning! Up for me is GS Chest and Triceps which I'll do later tonight with my husband. I like doing that workout with him because its so cute us passing the weights along to each other. I've been skipping out of the chest work after the drop pushups just because I've been tired the last couple times I did it but I'm determine not to do that today. I also have my yoga class today and before I go to do that, I'm going to just do a light run/walk on one of the machines to warm up my body. I got absolutely no useful sleep last night so it's going to be hard to function a bit today. But I am treating myself to food outside so yay!

Kathy and Chris -- let us know how the Legs Disc feels!

Beth -- I'm thinking that yoga thing is the best for you...:)

Hey ! I survived!

Wow, guys, STS Disc 3 Legs is such a freakin cool workout!!! :eek: I'm going to sound like a broken record, but it's like nothing I've done before. Again, it goes from one exercise to the next fairly quickly. She tells you 6 reps, it's 6 reps and you're DONE. She tells you 15 reps, it's 15 and you're DONE! I like that. The only exercise that repeats (later in the workout) is squats and then calf raises.

So I say it's freakin cool, but it's also challenging !! There were a few exercises I couldn't do in great form (wall squats with the ball AND weights...It is SOOOO hard to get all the way down there to get the weights!).

And there are just too many "new" moves/exercises . I loved the work with the plate (I used a Frisbee). The *Bonus* work at the end was very cool too. Oh, and Cedie was FINALLY in a workout this week! I've missed her! She is a ROCK, isn't she? She just does the work, no grimacing, smiles sweetly and counts!!

Kathy, I can't wait to hear what you thought!

Beth: Sounds like a MUCH deserved and needed rest day!!! You could never do (and enjoy) ImAX feeling that way. I hope you're not sick. I wonder, have YOU taken a rest week lately? It almost sounds like you need one.

Ivy: Good luck with Leaner Legs! I did it for the first time last month, and holy CRAP, I wouldn't say "bored" was the word that comes to mind. I had the "can't-sit-on-the-toilet-without-pain" DOMS the next day! have fun! :eek:

Hottie: Sounds like you have a full day there! Yoga sounds nice. I loved my "Extended stretch" today (it's very Yoga-like). That sounds like fun doing GS with your hubby. I wish mine would do some STS with me. I'm going to recruit him to do "partner abs" in the near future!

Tons to do today.... I always feel like my house is so dirty/filthy... :confused:

Good Afternoon!

Well, today I did Cathe's Leaner Legs and I actually enjoyed it today. I gave it my all. Then I added 4DS Kickboxing only so I feel like I got a GREAT lower body workout today! I'm going to feel this one tomorrow!

Hottie: Enjoy your workout today! I have to do that workout tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. I love the GS series. Enjoy eating out :) I really enjoyed LL today. It was a toughy. I will feel this tomorrow.

Chris: Awesome workout today!!! You are going to make me want to buy STS!!! All this positive talk about it it's making me want to buy it, LOL! I'll eventually buy it some time, but not soon. Glad you loved it!! I LOVED LL today! I think it was another lower body workout, but I just don't remember which one. Maybe I got them confused, because LL was actually really fun!

Hope you all enjoy your weekend!! I'm so glad it's FRIDAY!! YAY!!

Hi ladies. I just spent 30 minutes typing a really long post, hit a wrong key and poof it was gone! :( So, now all I have time for is a quick "hi". I had lots to say...but, ugh!! Today I finished up BC3 for the last time - I move on to the Push phase next week.

Busy, busy weekend ahead. Dad coming home today. Caitlyn sick. That's my short synopsis. No time to "chat" now, but just wanted to wish everyone a happy weekend!

Joanne

I guess I have been busy, too.... I missed all that chat here yesterday! Ok, where to begin..... first, with the pressure cooker stuff. That Tracy is amazing! She had already done one pot roast dish before I got there (I could smell it from the street when I got out of my car -- smelled so good!). We made another pot roast dish which I took home, but also chicken and rice and three bean chili. I liked the chili the best, I think. I cannot wait to make some of these things myself!!! I'm going to try the chicken and rice this weekend because I think my boys may like it. Larry loved the pot roast beef stew for dinner last night -- he was delayed and so it cooked a while longer on my stove and was so tender with really good flavor.

I am feeling so-so -- don't think I'm getting sick, but it's still hard to tell. I had really spicy indian food for lunch -- that might have been a big mistake! :p I am planning a rest week the week after next (if you call skiing a "rest"), and then I think I'm going to go ahead and start STS. I like CLX, and it's different, but I'm thinking it's just not as intense as Cathe. I mean, yes, we're lifting heavy, but in meso 3, we lift heavy for almost twice as long! I'm really a bit nervous about STS, but really excited, too, when I heard from Chris and Kathy.

Joanne, sorry about your lost post!! I hate it when that happens -- both to me and to you guys, because I'm always so curious about what we missed out on! I hope everyone your way is feeling better over the weekend!

-Beth

Chris: I LOVED Disc 3 Legs...I totally agree..This workout was the best this week. I loved Cathe's variety by doing the same exercises with different twists..The workout flew by..I also had trouble with form on those ball against the wall with weights...I loved the bonus standing leg stuff...It reminded me of the kickmax leg stuff..I love that too about the rep count being what she says...I like seeing Cedie too. She makes sure Cathe is on the right count!!! Oh and I could really feel those front lunges where you put the weights down and then pick them up...Great workout..I used a paper plate for my plate stuff...

Ok, anyway....Disc 3 done today!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.