Feb. 09 check in 2/12/09

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Thought I would start us out today..

Today's workout for me will be cardio kicks....

check back with everyone later..

Goodmorning Kathy and all who follow.

Last night I slept GREAT! But, I still feel sick. So, today will be no workout for me. I think I will take off till Monday just to make sure I'm 100% better. Today I do have to go to work, so I guess I'll be sitting around a lot at work. I better feel great by Monday because my mom is coming from out of town on Tuesday and we have some plans. I hope you all have a wonderful day and workouts! I wish I could workout today, but I know it's going to be best to take off. Plus, TOM is here:mad:!!!! Urgh! On top of me being sick:confused:!

Kathy: Enjoy CK. I don't have that DVD.

I'll BB later:)

2uge4p4.gif

Mornin' Girls!

I'm gearing myself to do MIC today! It's actually supposed to be SATURDAY's cardio, but I'm switching it up. I don't think I can crank out MIC on a Sat that I go into work. ... I have WICKED DOMS in my Triceps today! :eek: Been a long time since they felt that sore. I guess those 15's did it! Is it tough to feel DOMS in your back? If I turn a certain way I can feel it, but otherwise, not so much.

Kathy: Enjoy CK! I do have that one, but "un"heart it. There is a HUGE dread factor in it for me. What do you think of it? Are you sore today?

Ivy: Oh my! Feeling sick and having TOM... you rest up!!! That is the right thing to do!

Beth: read your "MIddle School" story last night! I love that class!! what a fantastic idea!

Joanne: YOUR middle school story about the picture day... Sounds just like something Zach would do. When we went to the Spag. Supper last night at his school, there was SO much posting on the walls about different projects/collections, etc. I had no idea! They did start to send an email around, but it doesn't always include all the activities.

Oh and I did so good at the Spaghetti supper yesterday! I ate BEFORE I went (Greek Yogurt & some Seafood Chunks..NOT mixed :p) , and at the supper ate 3 small salads (everyone gave me their salad) and 1 meatball and like 4 pieces of ziti. I was hungry when I got home, so I ate an apple & cheese and then some oatmeal! I'm so happy with my self! .... Not going to be the case tomorrow. We're celebrating V-Day tomorrow, and I'm expecting a hugantic box of Godiva's!!!
banana_smiley_40.gif

Ivy: Enjoy the rest and I hope you feel 100% real soon...Hope you have a good day at work!!

Chris: I am sore today..My back more than my triceps. I used a heavy cord for the pull ups and chin ups and stuff and going up a little in weight makes a big difference...CK is not one of my favorites and only do it when it comes up on a rotation. So I do it knowing I wouldn't choose it..Enjoy MIC!! That is a toughie!!! Good job with the eating!! I have been hit and miss lately...I am glad my hubby won't be bringing me a box of Godiva's. I would consume way too many of those at one time...

It is so windy here today. But, the temps are still up. We were at 70 or so yesterday..It was sooooo nice..

Talk to you later..

Good morning!!! I was wondering if you STS gals are following Cathe's suggested cardio. Sounds like sort of, but not to the T, eh? Have you guys been extra tired at all? Seems like you have more energy. I can't wait to start. And Chris, I do feel DOMs in my back, but mostly just upper back and I have to go really heavy to get them. On that DOMs subject.... I'm realizing CLX has not given me chest doms that I can remember. That first week of pushups is going to be brutal for me!

Instead of Chalene's burn intervals this morning, I did the firm 500 calorie workout (from netflix). For me it was a 402 calorie workout. :p It was a good workout!! Fun, and progressively more difficult, for me. I was pleasantly surprised. I have one of the new Jillian Michaels in my queue, too -- it's cardio circuit and supposed to be good.

Ivy, good plan to rest for a few days and get over your cold.

Chris, good work on the food yesterday -- I have not been so good! I'm glad you clarified about the yogurt and seafood pieces!!:D

I'm not so fond of Thursdays -- piano lessons -- it winds up being a long day. At least I don't have to make an extra run to the school -- Travis has had to stay for extra stuff the last few weeks, so it's been a lot of back and forth for me! Usually I like to just snuggle up in my "carcoon" with a book and fall asleep!! :)

Have a nice day!!

-Beth

I cranked out MIC, MINUS the step blast at the end! I was too pooped, and thought that missing 4 minutes wouldn't be such a bad thing. OMG, I sweat on MIC like no other, I swear!

I feel just a little DOMS in my back. It's so weird. I mean I did 60 POUNDS of pull backs and I was struggling on the last 7's like I never usually do. I dont' get it.

My eating craps out on the weekends usually. Though Sundays have been better. I usually savor my Godiva's for a few months. Sadly enough, a few years ago I told DH not to get me roses on V-Day anymore (he ALWAYS did since we met), because they were marked up so expensive. I told him it would be nicer to be surprised during the year. well, I never saw those roses again. :( So I will never tell him NOT to get me that box of Godivas!!!!

Kathy: Yes, we got up to 50 yesterday and I was ready to put on shorts! Funny how 50 feels so warm! today is awfully windy, but in the high 40's.

Beth: I have so far followed Cathe's cardio suggestions. Well, actually, I have substituted TJ for a few. But mostly. ;) Oddly enough, I do seem to have more energy since starting the STS. It's very weird! I wonder why? I can't wait for you to start too!!! Yeah, the Push Ups are gonna git ya! But in a good way ;) The 500 Calorie workout sounds cool , as does Jillians. Do let us know how Jillian compares to Cathe's intense workouts!

Good morning ladies!!

Beth, I saw your post from last night about the Boot Camp at the middle school. Great idea! Ewww....five lunches??? Caitlyn was out of school for about five days - when I went to get her lunch box out yesterday morning to put her lunch in, I found her half eaten ham sandwich from last Thursday. Ick!! I did the new Jillian Michael's cardio a couple days ago. Nothing fancy, but I liked it!

Kathy, CK is not one of my favorites either. But, I actually haven't done in a couple years, probably. Maybe I should give it another try.

Chris, this is crazy, but I think I remember you talking about the box of Godivas last year. How you would limit yourself to one or two a day and we were all amazed! Well, me at least! Have we had this check-in that long? Very cool! Anyway, enjoy those chocolates. My DH is a bit miffed at me - don't think I'll be seeing any chocolates. ;( Yea, I think it is tough to feel DOMS in your back - sometimes I feel it in my upper back, but that's about all. Good job at the spaghetti dinner!!

Ivy, yes, good idea - rest up till Monday and I'll bet you'll feel brand new! Get lots of sleep if you can.

Tonight will be busy. Have to get the kids' valentines together, Ian has a basketball game and Colin wants to join Cub Scouts. There's an informational meeting tonight. He's never shown an interest before, but he came home all excited about it. I kept asking him why he wanted to join and he would just smile and say he didn't know. Well, last night he finally tells me that the guy who came to school to talk about it told them they'll get to shoot BB guns. :0 I knew there was a reason.

More drama in our house. I don't know if you remember my goldfish tales from last summer. Well, we now have one humongous goldfish who survived. We call him Sharkie (real name - Antoine). He's got to be at least six inches long and big and round (OK, fat). Well, I take Colin to the pet store last night to get some more filters for the tank. He somehow talked me into buying this algae eating Chinese fish thing that sticks to the walls. The guy tells us to get these algae pellets - he needs to eat two or three a day. Well, of course, guess who gobbles up the algae pellets?? Sharkie - of course. Colin is having hysterics this morning saying his new fish is going to die because "Jameson's stupid fish" won't let him eat. Just crying hysterically. I told him we'll have to put some kind of screen down when we feed the new fish. Nothing is easy in our house!!

Oh my - I'm babbling again! Sorry! Anyway, today's workout was Dove #4. Beth, didn't you have those? Wow, that was one tough workout!

BBL...

Joanne

Wow...everyone is so chatty. And I have a migraine. :( I was at lab until 930p last night. I did a low impact step cardio yesterday. LIC Cardio Timesaver plus the first two intervals of LowMax plus the Low Max stretch...It was pretty fun. Not sure what I want to do today. I just may do LIC again actually because I'm hankering for a circuit workout I think. I'll write more later -- I wanna be chatty and I have some things that may put a smile on your faces...

Hello!

I just got home from work and feel so tired. I think I will get in a HOT bathtub today to sweat this out!!

Chris: Thank you! WTG with MIC. That's a toughy for me. The first time I did it, I felt like I was going to pass out, lol. umm..Did you forget to add that you ate a cookie too, LOL!!!!! Just kidding :)

Kathy: Thank you! It's really nice here today! It's 80! I'm so glad Spring is around the corner.

Beth: Thank you! WTG on your workout today! I ordered one of Jillian's new workout and I can't wait to try it. I think it's the cardio only one.

Joanne: Great workout!!! I have all of Dove's but I think I've only done 2 of them. I really like them, it's a lot of variety. LOL! I can just picture your kids telling you all that about the fish. You had me laughing when you said Sharkie is (Fat), LOL!

Hottie: WOW!!! You did all that workout yesterday!! You go girl!!! I'm sorry you have a migrane! Those are HORIBBLE! I feel like I'm going to die when I get one. I hope you feel better :)

Well, off to clean the kitchen and take a HOT shower. I'm tired of feeling like crap.

So, it my efforts to mix up low impact work, I put it another long workout today. I did the warm-up and step cardio of LowMax and then I did the upper body circuit premix of LIC without the warmup. It was nice! I think I like the cardio of LIC a lot more than Low Max. I think LIC has "funner" routines than LowMax I think. I think LowMax fatigues my lower body more but LIC gets my heart rate up there faster if that makes sense. I'm going to try out the low impact KickMax premix at one point too.

So, something to make you smile -- so I'm going to NJ this weekend...and we're talking about going to Cathe's class on Monday. So I emailed Mrs. Boylan (Cedie) and asked if her she would drop by so I could see her again and she said yes! So, I get to see my former MS teacher.

Kathy -- its warmer where you are than where I am! No fair! Hope you enjoyed Cardio Kicks!

Ivy -- enjoy that rest day!

Chris -- 60lbs of pull backs could easily explain the DOMS! Mmmm...Godiva!

Joanne -- Fish drama?!? Wow -- I had a couple goldfish. I named one Frank and one Dodge but they died because we brought new fish that were sick because Petco is evil. I'm sorry that your DH is miffed at you but I hope he gets you chocolates in the end. My husband forgets after a day or two what he was mad at me about and then assumes it was his fault so as long as we don't fight the day before an "event" I'm fine.

Beth -- I didn't know Travis was taking piano lessons! Does he like playing an instrument? I have to admit -- I didn't like playing it until I liked the way I played and then I got really serious about it.

Ok, I'm off to salvage a late day...

Last edited:
Hottie: WOW! Great workout! I totally agree with you. I think LIC is a lot more funner then LM. I mean, I like LM, but I think the cardio in LIC is more fun. Oh my gosh!!! You are so lucky to be able to go to Cathe's Gym!!! I've never been there but I hope ONE day I can go. I hope you enjoy your trip to NJ :)

I'm starting to feel much better and that's good because I need to grocery shop at the commisary and that's 45 mins away and it takes me 3 HOURS in there!!!! I take my time price comparing products and so forth, lol.

***Waves to Vilma *** I hope you are doing ok.

Hey Girls!...

I'm so tired right now. the day flew by! I shopped and dipped things in chocolate and cleaned and did laundry and did dinner, picked up Zach from school (last minute "i'm trying out for basketball" , can you pick me up late? trick!!)....etc etc etc.

Joanne: Yes! it's been a year. time freakin flies, huh? Oh I eat a few Godivas, and then lock them up in the unfinished part of our basement (we have a locked door so the kids don't play in there). THAT'S how my Godivas lasted until JULY last year! YES, JULY!!! :eek: Seriously, "out of sight, out of mind". ...OMG...too funny about your fat fish that eats everything> I kind of feel for it! LOL! Poor kids!!!

Hottie: Hope your Migraine went away! You got in a killer workout! LIC definitely has the fun factor in it. I like Low Max to do as a sort-of second day leg workout. for going to Cathe's for a workout! Even cooler that Cedie said she'd be there. YOU had better take LOTS of pictures and I want to hear DETAILS DETAILS!!!! I'm so excited for you!!

Ivy: HEY now! I ate that cookie yesterday to "test for poisin"..It's a safety thing, you know ;) A mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do!!! Yeah, MIC makes me feel pukey by the end too, esp if I do that blast! :eek: I have to be in the mood for it, because I'm SO not a fan of hi/lo!

to Beth and Vilma!!

Seems my "break" is over...time for more laundry!

Crazy day for me! Just back from piano. Actually, both boys take lessons, so some weeks I have to take Dylan to his lesson, zoom back to school to pick up Travis from his gate stuff, and then back to piano lessons. I like it much better when I can just snooze, which I did today! :)

Hottie, very cool that Cedie's going to meet up with you!!! What Chris said -- get pictures, get details. I had someone who went on the road trip last year ask Cedie all about her running, since she seemed to think that helped her lean down (lean up? -- get lean!). Since it's been a year since she filmed STS (is that right?) ask her if she still does it and if she still thinks that made a big difference for her. Of course she will say yes! hot on the release of it. :p

Joanne, funny about the fish who eats everything, and the drama attached, but what I found really interesting is that you not only named your fish a formal name, but also gave him a nickname!! :D

We are supposed to get 4-5" of snow up here tonight and if we really do it'll shut down school tomorrow which is bad news for me because I really need to get to work tomorrow and get a bunch of stuff done before getting out if here. Yikes! On the other hand, maybe if I'm snowbound I will get my house clean! I also looked at the weather for next week and it's supposed to snow every day while we're in Tahoe! Could be good, but could be bad!!!

I suppose I ought to go make those kids dinner -- they have eaten so much candy because Dylan's class had their party today since tomorrow they're going on a field trip (assuming no snow!).

-Beth

After I posted I realized you non-Californians are probably laughing your a$$es off at snow day for 4-5 inches! Glad I could bring you some humor. If the bus can't get to school, school is closed. We have no snow plows.... what can I say? :confused:

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.