Fab 40's, a new week, let's go--9/27/10

fitover40

Cathlete
Hey everyone! Looks like everyone is running late today. Let's see, I did GS Legs on Saturday....OMG, can you say DOMS? GS is always famous for it and imagine after not working out for 2 weeks! I can still barely walk after I've sat for a while.....hamstrings and calves....you should have seen my funny walk this morning getting out of bed....DH is having lots of fun making fun of me. Sunday was MMA Fusion...thought of Ronne and how badly she messed up combo 2, well, with DOMS in legs, I REALLY messed it up! Today was GS BSB. I knew starting with GS after vacation would be tough, but it was at the bottom of the pile, so it was time!

Had a lovely weekend. The kids (my 2 boys and the fiancee) loved the Alaska gifts. Had a nice visit with them, gosh these little people turn into such lovely adults, now if only they can become financially independant! :)

How was everyone else's weekend?

Well, since Lisa asked, "how was your weekend" - let's see, DD got bit by a bug and now her eye is swollen, DH still has not unpacked and has his stuff all over the guest room so our parents have no place to sleep, Verizon is screwing with our bill and .... shall I go on. On the plus side, my "home gym" is (very) slowly coming together. Still sticking with the power walk. My weights have all this sawdust on them from dad doing work in the basement. Oh, I setup the kids' playroom and kicked them out of the basement!

Murphy

:eek: sorry I asked! No, really, sounds like a typica American wife and Mom weekend. Good to hear you are getting newer to having the home gym set up.

Hi girls! I did ME today, probably not the smartest idea,but I did enjoy myself at the time! I am paying for it now, hips are screaming! Just have to tell everyone how great my DH is! He got me an I-pad for my birthday!!! I was very excited, in fact, I amusing it right now! I will get some downloads fromCTX! Murphy, hope DD if feeling better. Are your folks staying with you for a while? Lisa, are back in the work routine? Won't be too much longer and you will be on vacation again! Ronne, how are you? Hope everyone has a good Tuesday. I will talk to you then. Mary

Mary, you lucky girl! You will have to let me know how you like it....we've thought about getting one for DH for use on his business trips. You'll have to load it up with some apps too. For our trip I got a lot of apps for my iTouch and it really helped pass the long airline trip. I'm addicted to Slingo and Trivial Pursuit helped pass the time too.

Mary, I also have an app that plays the download videos from my computer (app is called AirVideo -- there is a free version). It's great because then I don't have to take up space on my iTouch (my computer just has to be on and on our network). Also love the checkbook app, makes balancing my checkbook so much easier!

Hello all

Didn't make it here yesterday. DD had a day off so I took her to London. Had a lovely day out and did touristy things. I got my workouts in at the weekend: B&G and Circuit Blast on Sun.
Today was 40/20 and no equipment abs. I really struggled through 40/20. I think because of all the heavy food and drink I've consumed over the past few days, it really made me sluggish!

Lisa - so how are the legs today? Still talking to you? Sounds like you had a lovely weekend. I don't think kids get financially independent till their 30s now do they?!!;)

Murph - yikes what a weekend! You poor thing! Perhaps you could throw a few jabs and punches on your powerwalks?! Take it out on everyone who's annoying you! Altho' you might get some strange looks from your new neighbours!

Mary - take it easy, don't go busting your new hips! Have fun with the iPad. Are you going to watch stuff on it?

bye for now!

Today was LIC cardio premix. My legs are still talking to me (especially my left calf). My bi's and forearms are speaking a little too, but nothing like I've experienced in other body parts!

Ronne, I sure hope they get financially independant before their 30's! I don't worry too much about DS18, but DS21 likes to spend, spend, spend, just like his grandpa (on my side). I wanna go to London next time! :p 40/20 is the toughest HIIT for me (I know Mary loves it, but it's on my semi-dread factor list).

Mary, you be careful with those hips. Remember, we are of advanced age :rolleyes:, my right knee is twinging me since I started up exercising again after the cruise, I swear it was GS legs that got it going (not the cardio), maybe the lunges? my back leg in the quad on the lunges always burns a lot and sometimes I think it affects my knee too on the back leg. Thankfully if our body keeps talking to us at least we know we are still alive :)

Murphy, I bet you are exhausted with moving and everything, walking is good, especially as a destressor, but maybe do a bit of kicking and punching like Ronne says.

Have a good day everyone!

It is raining here today so no walk.

Mary - DD is better. The eye area is still swollen just not as much. The folks stayed for a few days to help us get the place together. Now it is mostly day visits or a one-nighter to help us with a project - putting up shelves, painting, etc.

Hi everyone! Today, I did the bike, still sore from yesterdays' work out! Lisa, the pad is amazing! For starters, I can see the screen! I was (rather my DS,) able to transfer all my appps from my touch to it and my music. We are starting to work on the downloads. If you like the touch, you would love this. Murphy, glad to hear about DD, it always get nervous when they are sick or hurt. How great of your folks, I love handy people! Ronne, sounds like you had a great Monday! You go to London, we went to Lodi, OH, not quite the same! Well, Biggest Loser is starting soon. The kids and I like that one! Talk to you tomorrow. Mary

Hello everyone

Lisa - I love that premix, it's really fun. I always feel that my back leg works harder than my front leg when I'm doing lunges.

Mary - sounds like you're having fun with your new gadget.

Murph - glad to hear that DD's eye is better. Did she have to stay off school?

Today I did Bootcamp. Love that DVD, there's nothing about it I don't enjoy.

It's raining here today, completely grey and miserable. It already feels like November. I just want to curl up in front of the TV with comfort food and a coffee!

See you all tomorrow!

Hi everyone, today I did Turbofire HIIT 20, it was really fun with no dread factor (like I seem to have with Cathe's HIIT workouts). I think maybe because the intervals was shorter, one of them was perfectly timed with the music and I feel really jazzed. I also did the core 20 min workout, she uses bands in this one with handles, my hands kept slipping off the band especially when holding behind my head as I was all sweaty from the HIIT. Will see how sore I am, there was some unique moves. I'm thinking I'm going to enjoy the turbofire and the HIITs. She said that the reason you burn more calories all day long after a HIIT is because it raises your heart rate all day long. My resting heart rate is around 52 now (it used to be 62), I wonder if that is why it's been harder to loose the last 5-10 too?

Ronne, I'm so glad to hear someone else feels the lunges like I do. I hate rainy days....I decided after having constant drizzle in Vancouver on vacation that it is something I would not like! Especially someone from Colorado who hardly ever needs an umbrella.

Mary,I'm sure I'd love the ipad, but DH always has to get the highest end of stuff so then it becomes a little costly. I bought a cord to hook the iTouch to my TV so I can now see the screen just fine :) I saw lots of people with them on the airplane. Maybe I should buy DH one for XMAS because that way I'll get the one that isn't the jazziest. I'll have to ponder on that.

Have a good day all !

Hi all. Walking, walking and yes, more walking. I think it is time to get back to something other than walking. The home gym is coming together. The tower and step are on the way, the electrician is coming next week to add more outlets (but I can play dvd's off the computer for now) and the play room is practically done which means I can have my exercise mats back - I plan to buy more (the kids now have alphabet mats on the playroom floor). Yippee! Now all I have to do is decide what to do first (I am leaning towards BC or ME) and figure out how to keep the basement spiders away. Yuck. :-(

Ronne - DD's eye is much better, still slightly swollen, but much better. No, she did not have to stay home from school. I sent her in with a note and I called the school nurse to advise her of the situation.

Murphy

Hi all! I am procrastinating my work out, did the wash, washed the floor, packed lunches, I guess there is not too much else to do, but work out! Lisa, so is Turbo Fire worth it? It seems everyone who has it, loves it! Do you have Insanity? That one scares me! Ronne, I love BC too! Haven 't done it in forever. Murphy, walking is soo good for you! So soon it will be winter and you will be stuck inside! Well, off to do homework, then my workout! Mary

Hello

Lisa/Mary - I've seen loads of messages about Turbofire. Are there any decent length clips of it? I only ever seem to find promo stuff that's all really too short. Not that I'm thinking of buying it, I'm just curious!! It does sound very good from your description, Lisa.

Murphy - it sounds like things are coming together, soon you'll be wanting to take a break from working out again! :D

Well, today was supposed to be L&G but I just can't fit it in. Went to the dentist this morning and had to do a bit of shopping. After school I've got to take DD to gymnastics so there just isn't time.
Now I've got to decide whether I skip L&G altogether or sub it for DM tomorrow, then finish off the rotation on Sat with cardio. Decisions, decisions!
I did treat myself to a pair of boots while I was in town tho! I need a few things for my winter wardrobe so trying to buy a bit at a time instead of in one big blowout!
Bye for now.

Okay, which one of you jinxed me? I have the latest school-bug. I was up all night coughing and etc. Of course I could not find one cough drop so I had to buy more - $82 later. I am hoping to be able to take off tomorrow so I can get some rest. The kids are coughing too so I am really hoping I can get them better soon - two parties this weekend!

Hi everyone....I'm checking in a little late today. That Turbofire gets me all fired up and so I come in all jazzed to work (after I RUN up the 4 flights of stairs). I am really liking these workouts.....some say they are too dancey, I don't think so, just to me lots of jumping (not that you have to). Her cueing isn't the best so if you are one that hates being "off beat" sometimes you may not like it either. Me, I just love how fun it is and how Chalene and the music really gets you going. I also think after I do them a few times I know how her moves are (seems everyone has a way about how they move). Her punching is weird (uppercuts don't look like uppercuts to me), but I feel it's good to burn those calories. Also since the w/o I did today had some kickbox it really works your core.

Mary, I don't have Insanity, as far as I know only Murphy has tried that one. I like dancey stuff and not so much drills. I starting to really like kickboxing stuff too. TF is kickboxey with some drills...maybe that's why I'm liking it.....Cathe's workouts that are mostly all drills I tend to dread.

Ronne, I'm glad I bought TF (don't know that I've seen any great clips), gotta try to stop this spending spree I've been on (it's hard to stop once you start), but now Mary has me really thinking of surprising DH with an iPad for Xmas. YOu should get us pics of the boots! I think boots look neat but I really don't wear them much (and you think I would given where I live). It was funny yesterday walking into work, a girl had on boots, I had on sandals, it was 91 for a high....I think I dressed appropriately for the weather :)

Murphy, sorry to hear you have the crud....now just want did you buy for $82??? Were you so miserable you got to the store and thought any and everythign sounded good to make your cold better?

Hi girls! Murphy, $82 for Cough drops?! What didi you buy? I hope you all feel better soon, I get so crabby with a cold. Ronne, what kind of boots did you get? I love boots, I just bought a pair of skinny jeans to wear with my boots! It sure is expensive being a girl! Lisa, 91 degrees? We were that hot last week, I didn't like it! Your DH would love the pad, mine isn't the fancy version, but I really like it. Oh, I did my workout, just the bike and therapy. Have a good night! Mary

Hello

Murph - sorry to hear about your cough! It sounds like the most expensive one in the world! Or was that a typo?

Lisa - you do sound really fired up! It's great when a workout makes you feel like that isn't it?
Wow, it sounds like it's still really warm with you. You lucky thing. Sometimes September can be nice here but it's been pretty cruddy really. More rain again today. I think we'll be cracking and putting the heating on tonight (I refuse to before October!).

Mary - Yes, I like boots, it's too tempting to wear them all the time!

Here's what I bought:
http://www.mr-shoes.co.uk/Womens/G/.../side-zip-heel-back-stud-strap-black.aspx?p=2

Today was L&G in the end, just got Step Moves tomorrow and then I've finished September's rotation! Hurrah for me. I'm planning to start KCM's rotation that she posted on her website, just for a change.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Hi everyone, today I did Jari Love Ripped and Chiseled but only the UB portion, then I did TF HIIT 15 min....I thought I was going to die for 10 of those 15 min but I succeeded.

Ronne, Love the boots! What will you wear them with, jeans? Bummer about the rain, but then it rains where you are a lot, doesn't it?

Mary, DS18 called yesterday, his computer crashed, now him and DH is pushing for a new one, ugh, it never ends sometimes. I will not go into details but it just irritated me that they seem to just want to buy new and not figure out what is wrong with it and if it is fixable. It's just 2 yrs old too. I put my foot down and said we wouldn't buy a new one for DS (he has another 4 yr old laptop too), of course being the ungrateful kid he said "thanks for buying me a crappy computer" and hung up. I was testing to see if he REALLY thought he needed a new one buy saying he had to buy it....seems they think things through more if it's their own money being spent.

Murphy, how are you feeling? Did all that $82 in meds help? :)
So, my fun plans for the weekned are to get DS to come home with both computers and have a big pow-wow to figure out what he needs and who is paying....lovely....not

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.