ETL - Tuesday Jan. 16th

dianet

Cathlete
Hi ladies -

I stayed on track this weekend and I am really started it get into this way of eating and develop a taste for the food.

Sunday:

B: fruit smoothie with soy protein and ground flaxseed
L: salad with pinto beans, baby carrots and Eziekil english muffin
D: oriental veggie stir fry on brown rice with "shake and bake" tofu. I got the tofu recipe from one of my cookbooks and it was sooo yummy. Kids would like it too. Cut up firm or extra firm tofu, dab off moisture with paper towels. Put 1/4 cup wheat germ and 1/2 tbs salt free seasoning mix in a plastic bag and shake tofu in there to coat. Bake at 400 for 15 min.

Monday:

B: steel cut oats
L: salad with homemade hummus and torilla chips. Hummus was just fork mashed chickpeas with a little bit of garlic powder, juice from can and olive oil. Chips were cut up pieces of Ezekiel tortilla baked until crisp.
D: veggie plate: bakes sweet potato, steamed brocolli, tomato, baked maple glazed baby carrots (1 bag baby carrots mixed with tbs spoon maple syrup and tbs olive oil and baked at 425 for 20 min), salad, and Ezeikil torilla with black beans and rice cheese.

Today:

B: fruit smoothie
L: salad with beans
D: big salad with 2 egg white veggie omelette and zucchini

Diane:
I think I am going to try that shake and bake tofu recipe you mentioned. It sounds good. How was the rice cheese? I tried some vegan soy cheese before and it was really yucky.

Today:
Breakfast: Kashi go lean bluberry cereal with rice milk
Snack: Ezekiel Bread Pita with one tablespoon of n peanut butter, apple
Lunch: Salad, seitan dumpling stew
Dinner: tomato brocoli chickpea curry (one of my favirote recipes):)

The rice cheese is great, melts well. I like the mozarella better than the cheddar, but both are good to give that cheese flavor.

The baked tofu is really great. This was really my first try at anything tofu, so I wanted something with a little coating on it :)

Today's lunch did not go as well as planned. The girls I went to lunch with didn't want to go to a salad place so we went to a deli sandwich place. They have several "salad" options, but almost all of them had meat, cheese, pasta and/or creamy dressing. So I got a fruit salad, greek salad (trying not to eat the feta) and these marinaded veggies with chicken but asked for no chicken. After lunch I got some hummus and pita bread.

Do y'all think that eating hummus and pita bread (not ww) is a bad addition when I have a day like this? Maybe I should bring some shake and bake tofu to work with me to work? Lunches are so hard when you eat out everyday.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.