ETL CHallenge 1/11

JAFitMama

Cathlete
HI ETL folks-
I didn't get on yesterday much but am basically on track. I still am enjoying 3 little pieces of very dark chocolate at night. If they weren't in the I would probably be fine.

Barb- I tried a dressing with tahini and lemon juice and a bit of soy sacue and garlic it was great on broccoli!

Today-
B revival soy protein bar and banana (in car after my run)
S fruit and coffee ( I have to go to a brunch at bible study this morning)
L- probably a wrap with lotsa veggies and tahini sauce or veggie bean soup made up as I go
s- pear (s)
D- not planned yet tsk, tsk! But I will open up Vegan
Planet; my pantry is pretty well stocked...

I may try to visit again here this afternoon.

Off Topic: Carole- I did get a set of gel nails put on. They are thicker than I thought they would be, but I will give it a few fills to see how they progress. It took a long time (1 1/2 hours) to get a full set on! At least now I don't have weak exposed nails breaking and bleeding...

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning ETLer's

Yesterdays menu:
B: fruit smoothie
L: big salad, banana
Snack: genisoy bar
D: Thai soup with added grated tofu and veggie broth, steamed zucchini and a big salad.
dessert: fruit smoothie split with my DH

No chips, but I did have a few crackers and a few pretzels .

Judy...Looks like you are doing well, and isn't dark chocolate supposed to be good for you!!
Off Topic: gel normally isn't thicker than acrylic but it can depend on the product. Sometimes using tips (if that is what your tech did) before applying the gel product can be a bit timely, but the fills should be faster...:)

Diane...the baked tofu squares are in the refrigerated section by the other backed and regular tofu. Reading ETL opened my eyes too...I have read a few other books since and talk about scaring the cr@p out f you!! If you get some tiem check out this site http://www.madcowboy.com/ I have read 2 of his books and they were short and very interesting...that is cool about your DH! I felt the same way about protein when I started ETL. I am so happy he is supportive and doing this with you...

Jacque...yes I know the feeling so well about what people say when they see you eat...sometimes though, there are the people that really want to know why and ask questions because they are interested, but those are alot fewer than the other IMO "Ignorant" ones. Just remember what you feel strongly about and stick to it, don't let the others bother you...I like to make some chili or soup over the weekend so we have dinners all week from the leftovers.

Kim...thanks, I do agree that fruit and veggies have the higher water content, but if I get in about 75 ounces of water daily I feel so much better. I have really slacked off there in the last year it seems.

Amy...Welcome!! Glad to see you here and congrats on your weight loss. That quiche sounds so good. I have thought about getting that cookbook book...I might have to now! it's funny as I have eaten this way over 2 years I have not tried making my own salad dressing. I just love Paul Newmans Olive oil & Red Vinegar dressing as it tastes like a dressing my Mom always made...high in fat though so I have been using less..those Amy's dinner and lunches are quite good...:)

Judy-The dressing sounds good. I will give it a whirly as broccoli is on the menu tonight.

Carole--Thanks for the book references.

Diane--sounds frustrating with your mom. It's nice of you to try to help her. But you are so right, the light bulb has to go off for someone before they feel motivated to changed old habits. My dad is a great example. It's unbelievable that after 3-4 heart attacks, he still eats so poorly.......I think our generation has a different attitude about food/health....

Jacque--good job on the kale. I like making a big batch of something and having it around, too.

Kim --great job on fruits & veggies.

Amy --welcome. I'm not trying to lose weight right now, so I'm not following the 6-week plan. Fruits works great for me too before & after workouts.

I tried amaranth today for a post exercise snack. The recipe I have has you soak the amaranth the night before, then it cooks up quickly in the morning for porridge.
I thought it was just ok -- but my DH and one of my kids loved it mixed with a little honey. The grain is unique because it has all the amino acids in it to make it a complete protein in and of itself. I read this in the book I have on Whole Grains by Lorna Sass. Quinoa is the other grain with a similar make up.

There's a recipe for amaranth in Vegan Planet that makes it savory with soy sauce and other things. I may try that.

I bought some Moong Dal (like lentils) and am making that for dinner with some Indian spices.

Have a great day everyone!
-Barb
:)

Hey Everyone:)

I am just going to do a quick check in today because I start class today and I am going to be super busy.

Breakfast: Quinoa with blueberries, rice milk and flax seed added
Snack: soy yogurt with bluberries, a grapefruit
Lunch: Kale and Chickpeas
Snack: Banana Carob Protein Smoothie (post workout)
Dinner: Probably a large salad with some beans added

Hi everyone

Welcome Amy.

Well I am still doing well. My cravings are certainly less. Still trying to up my water intake.

One thing I am noticing is that my nails are growing and very strong. I was always under the impression you needed to eat more protein for that to happen, but it has occurred since I am eating less protein. Go figure.

B - Fruit
S - Fruit
L - Salad
S - Fruit
D - Salad and homemade chickpea burgers.

Have a great day everyone.

Kim:)

Hi everyone!! Sorry I didn't post yesterday- it was a busy day!!
today's eats:

b: smoothie with soy milk, blueberries and banana
s: hummus and carrots
l: spinach sauteed with shrimp , 2 chips ahoy cookies
(they didnt even taste that good!!!) I think thats a good thing! lol
s: apple, orange , half cup oatmeal
d: sauteed peppers, onions, and a little chicken on a big tortilla, with salad greens and salsa. yummmo
s: half a slice whole wheat bread and peanut butter

hrm, I ate more today than normal, I think its because I taught a class at the gym and I am due for my period next week... anyone else get hungrier the week before?

oh well, I feel great and motivated for tomorrow!

everyone is looking so great, keep up the great work and the great workouts ;)

Hi ladies -

Today was a bad day. I am still at work right now, but taking a break, and will probably get here all night.

B: smoothie with strawberries, bananas, soymilk, flaxseed, protein
L: I was stuck in a meeting all day where they catered lunch. It was barbeque!! Not too many choices there! Anyway, they had a fruit bowl, so I loaded up on fruit, some pinto beans (though I am sure they were cooked with oil), and a tiny bite of chicken. I went back for seconds on the fruit and ate a ton of it, I am sure everyone thought I was nuts. No dessert either, even though it was very tempting.
D: since I stayed late at work, had to get something quick to eat. A veggie burger on ww bun with side salad. I also got a "healthy" brownie, which just means almost fat free. But was made with egg whites and dry skim milk, so not too healthy. That was my "I'm so stressed right now" treat to feel better.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.