Early Bird Check in for Wed Jan 2

lorajc

Cathlete
Get up Everyone!!!

I was reading the thread the other day, and I get up extremely early. I already belong to 2 checkin's and I've been an early morning exerciser for years now.........but I'd love to pop in from time to time and help with motivation.

This morning I did Women's Health Ultimate Fat Burn followed by Star Trainers Strength with Violet Zaki and then since these workouts omitted chest, back and abs (pretty much), I did 3 sets of assisted pull ups/chin ups, 3 sets of pushups and leg raises off of chair for abs. Workout was 71" and I burned 463 calories.

Hi Karin - miss you over at the yoga check in!!

Have great days everyone and enjoy your day after getting in that workout!!!

ETA: I remember reading literature in one of my yoga books that developing a new habit takes around 3-4 weeks..........so don't give up until you at least try the morning routine for a month!! Good luck everyone.

Good morning! Lorajc, like you, I'm already in a few check ins, but since I'm an early riser also, I'd like to check in now and then as well.

This morning we FINALLY get back to a normal schedule since school starts again today. I wanted to get up at 4:45, but snoozed too long and got up at 5:45 instead. I had time to get my workout in and get showered and all, but I always feel rushed. So, tomorrow's goal is to be in the basement NO LATER THAN 5:30am.

Have an awesome day everyone!

Gayle

Hey Guys

It was so great at 5:45 this morning in the dark and quiet of my basement knowing that there are other early morning exercisers doing the exact same thing I'm doing. Thanks for that!

And ahhh yes, my four boys back in school and me back to a normal schedule. Then my middle schooler returns from the bus stop because the bus never showed up and no other kids were out there. SNOW DAY!!!

This is EXACTLY why early AM workouts keep me consistent. Now I can enjoy the snow day with my kids instead of being ticked off and crabby the whole day because I didn't get my workout in.

Have a great day ladies! You're awesome!

Good morning all! I was up early but no workout. My SIL and her hubby are here and so DH & I slept in the living room. I had to get up and get ready before everyone else so I can get them to the bus stop later before going to my internship meeting. I'll have to wait until later to work out. Tomorrow morning I won't be getting in a workout as I will be on the road for a 9 hour trip to Nebraska....ugh, my hamstrings feel tight just thinking about it! LOL

Hi everyone! Looks like we have two threads going on here. I was thinking of just doing a monthly one because I wasn't sure of the interest, but it seems like there are lots of people so let's do a daily one. I guess that I will post in both today and then whoever gets in early tomorrow can start a new one.

Well, I am feeling two things right now. I am proud and I am tired, LOL. I am so proud that I got up this morning at 4:45 and worked out. It's done and what a great feeling that is. I am also tired. My eyes are so heavy, but I know this will just take some getting used to.

This morning I did icycle 25 on my spinning bike. I have to say that I wasn't feeling particularly energetic, but I kept going. I think that I will probably get used to working out this early and get a better workout in. Bottom line, this morning I was glad that I got up and sweat a bit.

I set everything up last night, but I forgot one thing, the heater. We have a programmable thermostat and it usually goes on at 5:00 AM in order to heat the house up before we get up. Well, of course I get on my bike and 3 min later the heat goes on. I was dying and the thermostat was upstairs so I just lived with it. I must reprogram that thing tonight.

One challenge I can see with waking up early is going to be to go to bed early. I went to bed at 10:30 and that's just too late. I got sucked into watching The Bourne Supremacy and that was the end of going to bed early. I really have to work on this.

I'll have more time for personals later. Have a great day everyone. I'm so happy to be checking in with you.

Terri, I am glad that I started this check-in too. There’s no way I would have got out of bed this morning if I didn’t know that everyone else was doing the same. I have heard that the step routines in 4DS are good. I am so sad because I used to love step but really messed up my knee and can’t do it right now. I haven’t even bought 4DS because it would be too tempting. Do you like it?

Arista, welcome! I was actually looking at the Timesaver DVD yesterday on Cathe’s website. It looks interesting and like something that I could really use. How was your walk with the dogs today? How many do you have?

Karie, Lora, and Gayle, thanks for helping us out with our morning workouts. How long did it take you to get into the habit? Also, do you guys eat anything before you workout in the mornings?

Lora, sorry that I bailed on the yoga check-in. Last year was a tough one and I kind of buried myself for awhile. I am out of hibernation now though.

Deb, great job getting up this morning. Sorry that the dogs woke you up earlier. Do you do itrain workouts often? Most of my cardio is from itrain or cardio coach workouts. I love them.

Deanie, thanks for joining us. Congrats on your 5th week of P90X. I would like to try that some day.

Kathy, I used to love snow days. How much snow did you guys get? How old are your boys?

Jill, it sounds like you are having a busy day already. Hang in there. Sorry that you didn’t get your workout in early but hopefully normalcy will return to your house soon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.