Early Bird Check-in Jan 2008

berry99

Cathlete
Just starting this thread off. If anyone wants to join, feel free. We would love to have you.

Anyway, the goal of this check-in is to workout early }( . I think most of us are trying to start this habit so we are accountable to each other and hoping that will get us out of bed in the morning.

For my part, I will be getting up at 4:45 AM or 5:30 AM (depending on work schedule) to get my workout in before work. I am planning on doing icycle 25 (40 min) on my spinning bike tomorrow morning and I need to get up at 4:45 AM.

I'll report back tomorrow after I get to work.

Hi, Karin
Boy, you read my mind because this is EXACTLY what I need to keep myself consistent.

I'll be getting up at 4:00 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays to workout. On Saturdays & Sundays, it will be around 6:00 a.m.

I'll check-in while I eat breakfast.

This morning I got up at 4:00 and did the 4DS Lower Intensity.

It's so encouraging to know that there are others out there who are getting up so early - it motivates me to get out of bed!

See you bright and early tomorrow!
Terri

I also need this! I haven't been able to get out of bed before 7 a.m. lately!

I will be getting up to work out at 5:30 a.m. every morning (except for Sundays).

I'll check in during breakfast as well.

Tomorrow, I'm on track to do a 30-minute walk with my dogs and a 45 minute indoor workout - a timesaver workout most likely.

See ya in the morning!

Hi Terri - How did your website end up? What was the URL for it? I haven't been on the boards in forever...

Happy New Year!

Arista

Great job everyone! Its tough getting used to but you will adjust to the early mornings. i love it so much more than afternoons or evenings. i get up early even when i don't have to. this morning i was up at 5:45 for a 30 min sprint workout and abs. tomorrow i plan on getting up at 5:30 (even though i don't have too) to do muscle max and mabe a 20 min sprint workout. good luck tomorrow. remember, just do it! don't lay in bed after the alarm goes off and debate with yourself about getting up. that makes it worse!

GOOD MORNING LADIES! I was up at 5:30 and did muscle max. Its been a while since doing this workout and it was really challenging. I didn't do the sprinting after b/c i was to toasty after my weights. plus i did sprints yesterday and i figure it was to much to do them again today. i'll do them tomorrow. well i hope everyone is up and running this morning!

Good morning everyone!

Today is my off day, but the alarm still goes off at 5:00 a.m. I'm having egg whites and grape nuts for breakfast.

Hey, Arista! I haven't been on the boards for a long time either. Much has changed. We closed the business. Just not enough revenue coming in. All for the better, though. How are you?

Terri

Good morning! I'm already in a few check ins, but since I'm an early riser also, I'd like to check in now and then as well.

This morning we FINALLY get back to a normal schedule since school starts again today. I wanted to get up at 4:45, but snoozed too long and got up at 5:45 instead. I had time to get my workout in and get showered and all, but I always feel rushed. So, tomorrow's goal is to be in the basement NO LATER THAN 5:30am.

Have an awesome day everyone!

Gayle

Morning all!

I was up at 3:45 ( darn dogs!). I have my alarm set for 4:30, but it has not actually rung in months! I did a 40 minute I-Tread this am and am off to work now.

Deb

Morning everyone!

I also am an early bird! I get up at 4:45 and start working out at 5:15ish. If I don't workout in the morning, I don't seem to be motivated to workout at all, so I have to wake up early before the kids:) I'd love to check in with you all.

Today was Back and bi, and ab ripper X. I am in my 5th week of P90X and loving it!

Have a good day all!
Deanie

Hi everyone! Looks like we have two threads going on here. I was thinking of just doing a monthly one because I wasn't sure of the interest, but it seems like there are lots of people so let's do a daily one. I guess that I will post in both today and then whoever gets in early tomorrow can start a new one.

Well, I am feeling two things right now. I am proud and I am tired, LOL. I am so proud that I got up this morning at 4:45 and worked out. It's done and what a great feeling that is. I am also tired. My eyes are so heavy, but I know this will just take some getting used to.

This morning I did icycle 25 on my spinning bike. I have to say that I wasn't feeling particularly energetic, but I kept going. I think that I will probably get used to working out this early and get a better workout in. Bottom line, this morning I was glad that I got up and sweat a bit.

I set everything up last night, but I forgot one thing, the heater. We have a programmable thermostat and it usually goes on at 5:00 AM in order to heat the house up before we get up. Well, of course I get on my bike and 3 min later the heat goes on. I was dying and the thermostat was upstairs so I just lived with it. I must reprogram that thing tonight.

One challenge I can see with waking up early is going to be to go to bed early. I went to bed at 10:30 and that's just too late. I got sucked into watching The Bourne Supremacy and that was the end of going to bed early. I really have to work on this.

I'll have more time for personals later. Have a great day everyone. I'm so happy to be checking in with you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.