Donut Day?! WTH's Donut Day?! - HATE Oct 28

August

Cathlete
Good morning!

It's a beautiful day over here in Tokyo. Hope it's beautiful over there, too.

So let me tell you what happened on my way to work last night.

On my way to the train station, I declared it a cheat evening :) , and I stopped in my local Starbucks in search of...Anything Glazed.

I stood at the glass display for a good three minutes ignoring the people working there, and, disappointed not to find a single Anything Glazed, I contemplated getting the chocolate chocolate-chip muffin. Now, don't get me wrong, I love chocolate. But it wasn't glazed. And it wasn't pumpkin spice.

I moved onwards.

I went into another store that had some promise. Nothing glazed. There was something like pumpkin bread there. But I mean really, come on.

Onwards.

The last chance store before reaching the station. Nothing. I almost bought chocolate-covered caramels. But that's not what's at issue for me right now. Glaze. Glaze. Must...find...glaze.

I got on the train, got off at my workplace stop, went into a natural food store to get some water, and there it was on display - something new to the store : sweet, sticky bean goop that I love, in a small pocket of cake made from...made from BARLEY!! LMAO LMAO! Is this some wacky message from above or what?!

It wasn't glazed by any means, but just the thought of being able to post that I found and ate barley cake was enough for me to use it as my cheat. And even though it was unthinkably dry, it was magical ;) .

Anyway, this morning was Gym Style triceps, followed by Gliding Discs Total Body Sculpting. Kate! There are Gliding Pushups! I'm loving my discs. The hour of discs whizzed by. This workout had some good aerobic stuff going on for some of it, too, even though it's not considered a cardio. I couldn't finish some of the reps. Dang planks.

Some of the stuff was on the verge of Sesame Street, but not in an overly annoying way. Not yet, at least.

Hey Diane, have you run out of candy yet? :7

Michele - Catching up? :p

ROTFLMAO!!! ROTFLMAO!!! ROTFLMAO!!! ROTFLMAO!!! ROTFLMAO!!!

August, it's a sign from God. I'm sure of it. What are the odds that any one of us would walk into a store and find barley cake with a bean goop filling!? :eek: :eek: I mean :eek: :eek:

I'm stunned that Starbucks didn't have anything glazed. I have a confession to make--and I know it wil be shocking to most people on these forums--but I don't like Starbucks. Crazy, I know, but we have a local coffee roaster and his stuff is so fresh and delicious that Starbucks pales in comparison.

It does my heart good to know you're loving your discs:)

DH is sound asleep. He is dead dog tired. He brought home some nice things--a bottle of wine, a bottle of olive oil that one of his hosts pressed just for him, a loaf of bread--it's like a dessert bread with dried fruit in it, kind of like Panettone, some almond cookies, and a beautiful ceramic plate by Deruta. Look here: http://www.derutaitaly.com/

I think I'm about ready to hit the hay. Don't even ask me about working out. I started out so great and it all went to he!! in a handbasket. I am now 2 days behind on my 5FF workouts. I'm going to try to catch up on it tomorrow when DH goes out for a massage.

August, I've had such a blast with you these past few nights. Thanks for keeping me company:* :+

Good night now :* :*

I hope you're sleeping now, but it was a nice surprise to check back to see you'd come by! :)

Isn't that just the weirdest thing - me finding sweet bean goop filled barley cakes?! I practically gasped when I saw them, and looked briefly to my left and right to see if there was anyone I could tell who might appreciate the impact of my moment. ;)

I actually know a lot of people who don't like Starbucks, so you're not alone. I stopped drinking coffee, but I've never even had one from there, but I've heard the actual coffee is nothing to whoop about (unless you're a background exerciser, in which case you'd probably whoop LMAO). But in my neighborhood (and I live in the middle of the shopping district), the closest thing to glaze I could think of was Starbucks. Sometimes they have a lemon glazed cake which I really like. But alas, such was not the case last night. ;)

I'm so glad to hear that DH is safe at home in a deep slumber. Oh wow, you could have such a lovely picnic with all the goodies he brought back! Can you imagine, home-pressed olive oil? Now that has got to be delicious!! Everything sounds delicious and romantic...and the ceramic plate - how vibrant! Was he able to figure out the digital camera?

No, no, don't spend time answering. Even if you can't sleep, you can still cuddle :) . You can think about your workouts after you've gotten caught up!

I've had fun hanging out with you, too. You're so fun!

Smooch! :*

Now.........you other haters are in trouble! Where you at?!

Can I join in here? I'm truely missing Michele and love reading August's barley filled escapades. And August, if you ever do a Plank Hate thread, I'm there.

Michele, I love the plates. I'm glad your DH got home safe and sound and hope you guys have a lovely weekend.

I got up early and did some (whispers) cardio. I pulled out an old Cathe video - Power Max, which I still think is one of her hardest. We are leaving in a few minutes to visit our son in his residence. I can't wait to see him. He's lost close to 30 pounds since July. Yeah, everyone wants to move into his place and go on his diet.

Gotta run (figuratively speaking.) Have a great weekend everyone.

Hi There! I don't belong here but just had to tell you that I so LOVE reading your daily headliner over here! Its a wonderful way to start the day!

Hi, Robin!

Goodness gracious! So when are you going to tell us your son's secret eating plan?!

We expect a full report as soon as you come back :) . 30 pounds since July. Sheesh. That's incredible. He must feel awesome!

Now there's a man who hasn't been eating any Pumpkin Spice Glazed donuts.

Just like me. ;(

Power Max is one I don't have. I don't even have it on my list of Cathe workouts, so it must be one of her first (and I guess only available on video?). Ooh, two evils in one sentence, too - "cardio" and "early." :*

Have a great figurative run to hang with your son!

Don't forget - we need a report. Particularly as to in what grains he partakes. :D

Oh, I forgot to add.......planks stanks!

Hi, Traci! Thanks for dropping by to say such a nice thing! :)

Yea!! I love it when we get company:). Traci and Robin, please stop by any time. We're happy to have you;) .

I can't play today--just poking my head in to see what's going on. I'll see y'all later and I hope you have a fantastic weekend:* :*

Morning chickies!

I"ve never even been to a Starbucks. Something else we don't have around here.

I'm doing my usual Sat morning cleaning and am taking break.

My dad is still in the hospital. Went to visit him on Thursday, he is in good spirits but has to be there b/c of the IV of antibiotics he is on. What is bugging me is that they gave him the patch for smoking but he still smokes about 2-3 cigs a day w/the patch on. That is not good. Of course, the nurses are unaware of this b/c I don't think they would condone him smoking while having the patch on.

Oh I have to tell you the latest drama in my life. What do you think is one of the worst insults that could be said to a woman? Well it happened to me. I was at work yesterday and I was filing and one of the male teachers (who is an a$$, pervert, you name it) asked me if I was pregnant? I said NO I am not pregnant, are you saying that I'm fat??? He's like, no but the way that you are standing makes you look like you are. I told him he was rude and walked away choking back tears. Everyday I have a constant battle with myself and my weight and for him to say that to me really, really hit me hard. My co-workers tried to joke about it b/c we are all women and agree that it a horrible thing to say. And it wasn't a simple mistake, he is a rude, crude person. Anyway, my DH worked late last night so I didn't talk to him until this morning. When I told him what was said, he took it worse then I expected. He knows this teacher b/c he did work at his house. My DH called him (I did not know he was doing this) and told him that I told him what was said and that it upset me very much and that he needed to learn to keep his mouth shut. In the beginning of the conversation, my DH was very cordial to him. But get this, the teacher told my DH that I am taking it out of context b/c all he meant was commenting on "celebration of childbirth" and if I interpreted it as him saying I was fat then I was wrong. Come on! What a crock of poop! Then he said to my DH if he wants to come over and hit him then so be it. My DH did swear at him and told him to just do his job and keep his mouth shut, then hung up. Well, about 30 min later our phone rang and it was the superintendent from work. This teacher called him at home and told him that my DH threatened to come and beat him up and he was wondering if he should call the police to press charges???? I was so mad. How dare he insult me and then turn it around and try to have my DH arrested???? So I told the superintendent what happened yesterday at work and he was unaware of it. He said he would take care of it. I can hardly wait to go to work on Monday and have to deal with this puke!!!!!

On a lighter note, I checked my e-mail this am and my DVD's should be delivered on Monday. What a nice surprise!

Well I"m going back to finish up my cleaning. Have a great weekend!

I will take a dount anyday, I am not picky! haha!

Ok, so how in the heck do we know when our order ships, I am still waiting. Yes, yes, yes, I know everyone keeps talking about this, but I went to my account and could not find my order.....tried the phone # also and that did not work...sugguestions??? Anyone, anyone

Yes, I ordered Butts and Guts, I am sure I can do at least 1/2 with the knee.

How is everyone today?

I am trying to get things in order for Denver tomorrow. I leave tomorrow night so I am just trying to get it all done.

BBin a bit

Hey Marlysmom, didn't Denver get dumped with a ton of snow? I hope that doesn't change your plans.

Dana, there is a Starbucks in Wport now. I don't plan on stopping in though. What a creep that teacher is. I think he needs a pile of barley dumped in his driveway.

My visit with DS was great. For those who may not know, Tristan has Prader Willi Syndrome. It is a genetic defect that causes, along with other problems, uncontrollable hunger. We won a long, hard, legal battle with our county last year that finally allowed Tristan to become a resident in a group home for adults with his syndrome. He used to spend all day sleeping or watching TV and figuring out ways to steal food. (All the food in our house was locked up.) Now he has a job, is on a very strict diet and has an exercise program. He has lost 30 of the 80 pounds he needs to lose. Today was Friends and Family Day at the residence, and after a small lunch, we met with the administrators while the "kids" had a dance. They also had a costume contest (which everyone won and got a certificate.) Then we took Tristan shopping and out for dinner. He is so much more relaxed and happy then when he was living at home. So am I. We had a wonderful visit.

Time for me to go relax now. See you all tomarrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.