THE DONUT CHECKIN

briee

Cathlete
I would like to describe the donut I ate today...it was light and fluffy with hints of vanilla, somewhat earthy, yet vaguely discreet, like a mid summer's day in July, except it was October and it was evening.

I thought our chinnin thread was getting a bit long and SO MUCH HAPPENED IN THE BRIEF TIME I WAS GONE TODAY. You guys yapped more than I do (a hard thing to do!).

THOUGHTS regarding names for the thread: I'll accept the "yogi pie lovin donut eatin chinsters"(and laughed hysterically at this!!).

Melody caught me at a weak moment.....your descriptions were the BEST!!! The one regarding "balance" struck a cord with me. I've always been unbalanced, but this is something I aspire to. I just want to keep checkin in .....Okay?? I'll even tolerate the yoga - I've been doing that for weeks :p :p , but may try to obtain a smiley guy who is chucking periodically :p :p :p :p - just for fun of course. Who knows maybe someday I will become so balanced that I'll do crane directly following shoulder handstand pushups:eek: :eek: :eek: .

Another observation....you can only talk about chins for so long, as they last a very short time. One can do cardio, biking, jogging, swimming, running, etc for hours. Not so with chins. I think we adequately speak of them enough to keep me happy.

So I don't care what you call it....just keep checkin in...okay?

Briee (I am partial to the donut checkin though, although the Cathe police will probably boot me off this forum if it continues...so please feel free to change things up a bit)

Hey Briee...I'm in.:7 I can't do chins but I can do yoga and/or eat donuts. Hey, eating donuts while doing yoga is totally doable.

We could alter the daily thread name at will...chins, donuts, yoga, loonies...we'd all figure out we're suppose to check in.

Briee, hope everyone at your house is feeling a-ok by now.

Yeah, I'm not sleeping...again.;(

"THE DONUT CHECKIN" Hahahahahahahahahaha!!! What an hysterical thing to see in all caps at the top of the check-ins forum first thing in the morning.:7 :7 :7 :7 :7

But I'm with you, Briee - I don't care what it's called as long as everyone keeps checking in. Although the "Sooooooooooooosan Check-In" has a nice ring to it. For that matter, I think this site should be called, "Sooooooooooooosan.com.":p :p :p :p

LOL! I love it whatever ya call it, just don't call me late for the goodies ;)

You ladies are fantastic! I love everything that gets talked about. I, for one, am happy the ILs are gone & I have my house back to normal. Although I am grateful for the extra help (my MIL anway, ahem) it is soooo hard to have extra people under a small roof for so long. Oy. I was in Cathe withdrawal mode b/c I only have the living room to workout and would've had an audience. *twirls finger*

Today I'm off to sports circuit class. This class has humbled me and it is fantastic. My instructor is a personal trainer and I just learned in her 40s like our dear Cathe...I couldn't believe it. We're on an endurance rotation now that leaves you searching for your heart. Yikes!

Well donut dahhhlings...will catch you later. O

Debbie

*(Calvin): People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. (Hobbes): Isn't your pants' zipper supposed to be in the front?

You gals are a riot!!!! And, I agree with all of the above.

Yesterday, I worked on upper body with a few attempted chins sprinkled in here and there.

Off to do some cardio. I love it when it is cardio day (have I mentioned that before????)

Joanne

See.....just the name is attracting MORE PEOPLE. Although for the life of me I can't understand why donuts should attract more than chins:p :p :p :p . I suppose when it's called the yoga checkin, we'll have like 200 posts in the first hour (what is it with yoga:7 ).

LOL...."Soooooooooosan checkin". You guys are SOOOOO funny. I need to laugh. The family is better, but mom's still in the hospital and I'm stressing that I can't be there and here at the same time.

AND I NEED A WORKOUT. This week is a wash.

Boyb's and Joanne thanks for the spinnin info. I wish I had your kind of a club nearby Deb, sounds like so much fun!! I can't wait till Cathe goes hologram and I can workout beside her!! Thanks for checkin in guys!!

Briee

You are on a roll, Briee! I can't tell you how many times your comments have made me laugh out loud these past few days!:7 :7 :7

You must do crane while balancing 10 donuts on your tush (of course you'll need a spotter for this.........just to take pictures)

briee

Whoa....GS C/T and CM1.....I want to be Melody.

Tomorrow is a new day and I'm getting up at 5am to workout...yes I can do this!!! I might even do a chin and a downward dog....just to show my solidarity with our new group....oh yes life is looking good :7 :7 :7

Briee

Good morning! This week is circuit week for me (and yoga of course;-) ). I feel so free now that I can officially openly discuss yoga here. I think we should start discussing the minutia of every yoga pose that exists - maybe choose one pose a day for the next several years.:p

And speaking of discussing things openly, I need to admit something: I don't really care for donuts. (There, I said it!) They're okay, but I almost never eat them. I'll take a big bowl of ice cream or a truffle or two over donuts any time. The most enticed I've been by a donut lately is when Melody told us about the two she had at the apple orchard. I don't know if I would've passed on the pharmaceutical reps' 3 dozen, though, Catherine.

But that's all water under the bridge. Melody, WTG on a tough workout yesterday. I did BC yesterday and will do power yoga today. I've had no neck pain for almost two weeks.:) No Thursday tennis today because I need to be home for an oven delivery.

Sooooooosan, no donuts? *faints*

We may have to do a donut smoosh & run on you. mwahahahahaha.

Debbie

*(Calvin): People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. (Hobbes): Isn't your pants' zipper supposed to be in the front?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.