Don't you HATE being another year older? 5/8

buffettgirl

Cathlete
Happy birthday Michele. For a short time, you are my senior. Have a great day filled with happiness.

Morning to the rest of you haters.

Jen, thanks for sharing about your grandmother. Unfortunately, the only grandmother I remember lived to far away from my family for me to ever get really close to her, but she was a special lady. She would make Christmas cookies for everyone and I was lucky enough to get all her recipes.

Diane, congrats on the new car and all the good buys on baby furniture.

I really had to struggle to get through yesterday's workout. It was a premix from Kick Max and Core Max. I know my form stunk on both. Today is whatever is next on Cathe's rotation. I haven't checked yet. I gotta run and get some work done. Later.

Morning haters, getting ready to head off to work but had to stop in real quick to say:

******************** HAPPY B-DAY MICHELE! ***********************

I will be back tonight, this is my off day, I need one! Chat later!

Good morning!

Robin and Jen, thanks for the Happy Bday wishes:D . I plan to have cake today -- maybe 2 cakes}( :D :9 }( :D :9 . I'm taking dinner to my in laws tonight and I've been perusing my recipe file to see what looks good. I think I'm going to make a chicken dish but I can't decide which one -- something easy because I really don't feel like knocking myself out :p

Robin, thanks for starting a birthday thread for me -- it made me feel very special. I may be your senior but you're nipping at my heels, young lady! Ahhhh, 1955...it was a great year! ROTFLMAO!!

Jen, thank you for sharing the tender moment you shared with your grandmother at the end of her life. I'm sure you holding her hand as she passed into her new life was a great comfort to her.

By all means, Jen, REST!! Every time I read about your workouts or everything you've accomplished in a days time, I just want to take a nap -- LMAO!

Hello to everyone else. I'll check back later to see if anyone is around:* :* :*

Good Morning Haters!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELE!!!:D I did step from Imax2 & Cardio & Weights in honor of your birthday!!! See? I did cardio for you. It's my birthday gift to you ! Now you can eat all the cake you want, guilt free!!!}( :9

Jen and everyone thank you for the support about the MIL situation.
Our dinner went great, she ate more then I've seen her eat in ages and she loved the house we took her through. She told us to keep her car (which we were borrowing while mine was being repaired) since she is done driving and is on board about needing to move in with us . NOW we have to decide if that house is right for us, or if financially we should be considering adding on to our house instead.
She is pushing us toward the new house but we'll have to see. She would have the entire furnished basement, with the idea that we'd have a chair lift installed.....but she insists she isn't ready for a chair lift yet ! That sort of defeats the purpose, she'd still be climbing stairs several times a day!
Also, it is MUCH cooler down there then the rest of the house ,with the a/c running. She thought it was FREEZING and immediately commented "what are we going to do about that ? I'll freeze to death down there? You'll have to not run the air conditioning "
UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Sorry but there is no way we could go all summer and not have a/c on !!!!!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... a sign of things to come. sigh. Fun, fun!

Anyway, at least we are making some headway.....

What are you doing to celebrate today Michele?

Have a good one everybody!!:7

Morning haters!

Michele - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope it's a good one and it sucks that you have to cook for someone on your special day! I wish I was there to do it for you.

Jen - thanks for sharing your story about your grandmother. I was holding my mom's hand when she passed away, so I know exactly how that feels. I can STILL feel her hand in mine sometimes.

Robin - you sound a bit down. Is everything okay?

Becky - I'm glad your MIL is on board with everything. Is there perhaps a way to close off some of the vents to the basement area so the a/c doesn't blow as much down there? I bet if you put a chair lift in, she'd use it once she got used to it. Hell, I'D use a chair lift if someone put one in for me:p

I'm in the midst of PMS but I'm trying to contain it. You'll know soon enough if that isn't working very well:p

Happy Birthday Michele!!!! That is awesome news about Nancy.

Robin - you seem to be in a whirlwind today! You ok?

Becky - have you had any thoughts on the addition? I hope you can find something that works with everyone in your family.

Jen - what a story about your grandma. Thank you for sharing. How's the job going?

Hi Shelley!!!!

I need to find sometime to workout. DH is now working on fixing his car so I'm never going to see him. He didn't get home until 8:30 last night. This morning the puppy woke me up at 3:45 and while I was standing outside with him I was thinking I really should stay up and do a workout. But, I went back to bed til 5:15.

I'm swamped so I'm going to go get some more stuff done.

Hi to everyone else! Have a wonderful day.

Here's what I've decided to make for my birthday dinner -- it meets all of my criteria; it's easy, it can be modified (low salt, low fat) for my MIL, and it only takes one pan, which I will line with tin foil so I don't have to wash it:p :)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_25757,00.html?rsrc=search

Becky, that house sounds really nice, but take your time. I would still look into the assisted living thing. It wouldn't hurt to at least check it out -- the finances might work out after all. I recommend looking at all your options. This is such a hard thing to do -- I'll keep you in my prayers.

And thank you for doing all that cardio for me. I think you left plenty of leeway for TWO baby cakes:D :D :D

Shelley, thanks for the PMS warning -- :p :7

Dana, you make that DH of yours give YOU some time for yourself! Here, I'll talk to him -- lol! I'm serious, though. You work hard and you deserve a little time to do the things that you enjoy. You should sit down and tell him that you're more than happy to give him the time he needs to work on his car, but you expect him to take care of the kids X amount of time EVERY WEEK so you can do some things that interest you. For crying out loud, you work all day and take care of the kids all night -- you DESERVE some time and the freedom to pursue your interests! Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now:7

I better get to my workout now. I'll BB:* :*

OMG I have TWO Bday threads:eek: :7

I feel soooo special:+

050208_10008324294.gif

Shelly, we went back downstairs to close off the vents , thinking that we'd go back and see if it felt better today and only ONE vent was open ! eek!

You might be right about just installing the chairlift though! I like it.....SNEAKY!}(
My DD always wanted one when she was little and I suspect that even now at age 16, she might try it out a few times when no one is around !:p ;-)

We are having a few builders walk through our house and let us know what could be done and costs before we try to make a decision.
We'll just try to get all the information we can and go from there.

Shelley and Dana, I'm OK today. Last night I was a mess. When my DH asked what was wrong, I let him have it. He started to lecture me. You know, telling me that this is our life and I have to do the best blah, blah, blah. I told him not to lecture me, I know all that. I told him,"You asked, so I told you." He was OK with letting me rant for a while. Then I read some nice posts on Cathe.com and felt much better.

deb, sorry if I stole your Happy Birthday to Michele. I didn't see it this morning. My only excuse is I was still on my first cup of coffee.

Dana, my DH said one of his students was one of the first guys to reach your DH's car at the racetrack.

Michele, that recipe sounds good, but I'm not sure fennel would go over too well at my house. Send me the leftovers.

Oops, gotta run. Someone needs to work on this terminal. The nerve.

Michele your dinner sounds yummy. Like Robin, my snooty patooty's wouldn't eat it. Enjoy!!!! Is your DH making you the cake when he gets home? What exactly is in a volcano cake???

Robin - what is his student's name? Chris (your neighbor) was there. I was talking to him last night and he said that someone stole his mailbox and tried to break into his garage. Don't know if he was a target or if it was random. Keep your house locked!!!!

Diane - forgot to say congrats to you yesterday on the car. Yeah for you for the baby furniture. I bet the room is starting to look really cute. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your dh and the job.

Michele - I'm going to have you talk to my DH. :p I can talk to him til I'll blue in the face but he doesn't seem to listen to me.

Hi August!!!!!

Went out for a walk and it is beautiful.

August, thanks for popping in to wish me a Happy Birthday! We really miss you around here and can't wait until this big project of yours is over. We're keeping the porch light on for you!

Robin and Dana -- you can just leave out the fennel, but I'd try to sneak it in anyway}( . It has such a wonderful flavor and it's not like you'd expect at all. It's pretty mild and it has a soothing effect on the old tummy.

Dana, I'll talk to that DH of yours, by golly. Us Italians don't take any crap -- LMAO!!

{{{{{ROBIN}}}}} I know you've been down lately, and in the midst of that you always manage to make everyone else laugh! You have an incredible gift and I feel lucky to have benefited from your kindness and humor many times. I wish I knew how to do the same for you. Please come here to vent as often as necessary.:*

Diane, thank you -- I believe your birthday is coming right up -- yours and Jen's:)

ETA that my phone rang a little bit ago and when I saw on the caller ID that it was my dear, dear Aunt Rose I didn't answer. You remember her, she's the one that kept me on the phone for FOUR hours:eek: ;( . Is that evil of me? I just can't afford to get stuck on the phone and no matter how hard I try, I can never find a way to end the call. I love her so much -- maybe I'll call her back tonight after I get home from mom and pops.

Michele - Yep, my b-day is tomorrow, and DH's is Friday. We almost forgot about our birthdays because we have been so busy, I still need to go pick up his present. He wants a heart rate monitor.

Hello my fellow haters! I am here early tonight b/c I took tonight off instead of tomorrow night, I was supposed to go to a appetizer/drink thing at 5:30 with people from work but you know what, that is the last thing I wanted to do with my evening! So, I made up a little white lie to get out of going without just saying, nope don't want to hang out with you guys! I ran a few errands & now am at home. I think my sinus infection may not be gone. x( I finished my medicine on Saturday & I'm already feeling achy & have a sore throat & drainage in my ears again.

Robin- Sorry to hear you are having a rough week. {{{HUGS}}} Tell your hubby that Sunday is mothers day so he just needs to let you vent & let this week be YOUR week! :)

Michele- Wow, that looks good but I'm with August when it comes to being able to cook, no can do! Thank goodness for the microwave & oven! Yep, you are correct, my b-day is Sunday- I was a Friday the 13th baby! Oh, and I'm so happy about Nancy!!!

Shelley- Yeah, being there as someone passes away is comforting and sad all at the same time. My mom, brother, ex-boyfriend, and I were all in the hospital room with her & I was sitting by the bed holding her hand & we were all talking (not g-ma though as she hadn't been alert for a day or so) & she was on a breathing machine but still breathing on her own & I could tell something was happening & then she stopped breathing, she was so ready to go though as she was 89 & wanted to be with Bud (her husband) for a long time so everytime I think of her I smile knowing they are together & I'm sure CJ, my baby aka cat that I had for 10 years that died that same year, I'm sure is with them also! I am sorry you lost your mother, that has to be hard, I don't know what I'll do when I don't have my mom anymore.

Dana- Hey there, you do need to take some time for yourself young lady! You need to talk to your DH & come up with a time even if just like 2 hours a week or something that you can just be free and do whatever. Maybe he could take the boys & the dog to the park or something for a couple hours so you can relax & take a nap, workout, or whatever you want to do. I think if you are giving him all this time to work on his car he could give you a few hours on the weekend!

Becky- Ah, I could see where that would be a problem with her being in the basement... I have to have my house cool to sleep-like 68 or I wake up drenched in sweat, gross I know! Anyway, so I keep my house pretty cool & am used to it but in the summer when the AC is running it is always like at least 5 degrees cooler in my finished basement & when I first get down there in my shorts & sports bra to workout I'm cold...and it takes a lot to make me cold... hope you can figure something out to make it work, maybe just completly shut off all vents down there & if they are off for a long period of time hopefully it'll warm up some. Good luck, I'll keep you in my prayers!

Diane- Congrats on the Jeep! I know you'll love it, I love mine! Wow, when we did our b-day list I didn't realize that Michele, yours, your DH, and mine were all in the same week- that is freaky!

Okay, well since I am home & showered early tonight I am going to eat an early dinner & be in bed by 9. I have a LONG day at work tomorrow starting off with a meeting from 8:30-12... shoot me now please! Not sure what workouts I'm doing this week, the last two weeks I haven't made a schedule, I think I am going to back off the cardio a little this week b/c I feel like maybe I'm doing too much & that is causing me to not be able to lose weight b/c my eating is the same. I may do Firm It Up tomorrow, Tone It Up Thursday, and Shape It Up Friday then do cardio this weekend when I have more energy, I am doing Powerstrike for sure, I LOVE that workout, I think it & Drill Max tie for my favs!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.