DO WHAT YOU WANT, JUST GET IT DONE FOR SEP 6, 2010

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning,

Today I am starting M3 D31 (Chest & Back).

I will be back to report my workout!

Heidi - how is your sis doing?

Mom318 - how many hours/min a day do you work out? What Cathe DVD's do you have? Do you have Cathe's Low Impact Step + Total Body Sculpting? Do you do other workout DVD's besides Cathe? Do you follow a workout schedule/rotation? What workouts do you do from Mon - Sun? Can you write down what workouts you did last week? I read your post on the OF, I just wanna to help you, so you don't hide in your workout room all day long;) You have to find a balance between everyday workouts and house cleaning!

Write it down like this:
Mon -
Tues-
Wed-
Thurs-
Fri-
Sat
Sun-

Sorry, for asking so many :eek: Just trying to help you!

Great job, on your workouts last week, everyone!

Have a wonderful Monday and workout, girls! BBL!

no, its not too many questions. i need help. admitting it is the first step. yea i really felt like i bared my soul on there. i really hardly worked out at all lately. last wk my only hard day was tues. rode my bike and did sts plyo legs, or what i could take notes on the u tube clips of it. wed and th i did some, i think maybe crunches wed night. cant remember exactly what it was on th. i think just some body weight lb moves before bed. friday doms were just a slight burning, had a cramp in right hamstring that afternoon, so that night i was afraid to do anything, hurt a little to walk, but got better. was fine next day. sat and sun no w/o, until 1:30am sun night. 1 hr bike ride. much slower than normal. not trying to go too fast, my upper body is sore from the cold.

i've been trying to work on the consistency, at least something each day. when i'm getting ready for bed, i think about if i exercised that day. if i did, log it on the wii. and on the check in. tried to be honest on the check in when i'm not eating well, or not exercising. it really helps me in so many ways to be accountable and talk to people, in a general this was my day and a personal way. punka's been a big help with that too.
i dont have any dvds. of anyone. i use notes from watching u tube, watch cathe on fit tv. 11am and 6pm my time. kinda weird times, i'll eventually record those, but its not set up right now. on fit tv i like her bootcamp, legs and glutes, core max, but i dont have a ball. i think there was another one, but cant remember. my step is just puzzle mats,a vcr box w/phone books in it, and wii board layered. makes it hard to manuver around it doing step moves with cathe, though i didnt try very hard at it.
my mom has some fitness vhs that were hardly used, i have to make sure the vcr works and she'll mail those to me. she lives in FL, i live in IL. we are talking often now, she needs me to call her, keep her accountable mostly with exercise.
i really want to get some cathe dvds this christmas or before, but i'll have to choose carefully, make sure its the 1 or 2 for me. and we'll see what we can afford.
i run in place with the wii alot. bike. lots of squats, lunges. now i can do squats w/25#. sometimes i box on the big bag. we also have a speed bag. havent learned that yet.last time i tried the boxing, was only 15/20 min. alternating jump rope,kicks and punching. that was weeks ago. tricep extensions, bicep curls with wts. but dont really care about my arms. they are smaller, and i can see my bicep. just care about legs and butt.

i'm finding it easier to stay in control with eating even without alot of exercise. i think it helps to start my day waiting until i'm physically hungry to eat breakfast. that means usually eat after exercising and weighing. but i dont think i have to go obsessive like i used to. just the time not thinking about food untill much later in the morn. seems to help. but i'm still figuring it out. this is the opposite of what i alwwys did growing up. i was always hungry as soon as i woke up. now sometimes i am, sometimes not. i have started eating breakfast with the kids if i'm hungry then. but the earlier i start eating, then i'm more likely to want to eat breakfast again, or an early lunch. so trying hard to relearn that feeling. its often not a big deal now, but was hard before. eating a big breakfast is sometimes rec. for people. i do best when my largest meal is dinner. big meals set me up for more. better to stick with 1 bowl, or other small serving. had to relearn serving sizes, carefully looking at labels.
the way i talk about it like i have to wait forever to eat again. but i should be waiting, 4,5,6 hrs to eat. so keeping busy with something else, i dont think about being hungry or specifics of what to eat next.
i really, really love to cook. i make all our food. i used to spend basically the whole day or all night in the kitchen. but 'tasting' becomes out of control quick. and its just not fun to make something i dont feel i should eat. mostly because they need fat, and i have to really watch mine compared to covering my plate in cheese. losing wt or not, just not healthy. so i try to make things that are bake and leave or quick, and get out of the kitchen.
the old me would over eat almost everyday. mostly in secret. but even now eating in front of my kids, they wouldnt tell the difference if i was reg. eating or not. they got so used to me eating 2nds its hard for them to recognize it, and they are kids. shouldnt be thinking about serving sizes. they are all at healthy weights and healthy, smart kids.
the old me would have been derailed completely from exercising, i usually wasnt exercising at all, or for more than a few times. the old me wouldnt have thought about exercise for weeks or months after i got sick. so i guess i've finally formed a habit.

no, its not too many questions. i need help. admitting it is the first step. yea i really felt like i bared my soul on there. i really hardly worked out at all lately. last wk my only hard day was tues. rode my bike and did sts plyo legs, or what i could take notes on the u tube clips of it. wed and th i did some, i think maybe crunches wed night. cant remember exactly what it was on th. i think just some body weight lb moves before bed. friday doms were just a slight burning, had a cramp in right hamstring that afternoon, so that night i was afraid to do anything, hurt a little to walk, but got better. was fine next day. sat and sun no w/o, until 1:30am sun night. 1 hr bike ride. much slower than normal. not trying to go too fast, my upper body is sore from the cold.

i've been trying to work on the consistency, at least something each day. when i'm getting ready for bed, i think about if i exercised that day. if i did, log it on the wii. and on the check in. tried to be honest on the check in when i'm not eating well, or not exercising. it really helps me in so many ways to be accountable and talk to people, in a general this was my day and a personal way. punka's been a big help with that too.
i dont have any dvds. of anyone. i use notes from watching u tube, watch cathe on fit tv. 11am and 6pm my time. kinda weird times, i'll eventually record those, but its not set up right now. on fit tv i like her bootcamp, legs and glutes, core max, but i dont have a ball. i think there was another one, but cant remember. my step is just puzzle mats,a vcr box w/phone books in it, and wii board layered. makes it hard to manuver around it doing step moves with cathe, though i didnt try very hard at it.
my mom has some fitness vhs that were hardly used, i have to make sure the vcr works and she'll mail those to me. she lives in FL, i live in IL. we are talking often now, she needs me to call her, keep her accountable mostly with exercise.
i really want to get some cathe dvds this christmas or before, but i'll have to choose carefully, make sure its the 1 or 2 for me. and we'll see what we can afford.
i run in place with the wii alot. bike. lots of squats, lunges. now i can do squats w/25#. sometimes i box on the big bag. we also have a speed bag. havent learned that yet.last time i tried the boxing, was only 15/20 min. alternating jump rope,kicks and punching. that was weeks ago. tricep extensions, bicep curls with wts. but dont really care about my arms. they are smaller, and i can see my bicep. just care about legs and butt.

i'm finding it easier to stay in control with eating even without alot of exercise. i think it helps to start my day waiting until i'm physically hungry to eat breakfast. that means usually eat after exercising and weighing. but i dont think i have to go obsessive like i used to. just the time not thinking about food untill much later in the morn. seems to help. but i'm still figuring it out. this is the opposite of what i alwwys did growing up. i was always hungry as soon as i woke up. now sometimes i am, sometimes not. i have started eating breakfast with the kids if i'm hungry then. but the earlier i start eating, then i'm more likely to want to eat breakfast again, or an early lunch. so trying hard to relearn that feeling. its often not a big deal now, but was hard before. eating a big breakfast is sometimes rec. for people. i do best when my largest meal is dinner. big meals set me up for more. better to stick with 1 bowl, or other small serving. had to relearn serving sizes, carefully looking at labels.
the way i talk about it like i have to wait forever to eat again. but i should be waiting, 4,5,6 hrs to eat. so keeping busy with something else, i dont think about being hungry or specifics of what to eat next.
i really, really love to cook. i make all our food. i used to spend basically the whole day or all night in the kitchen. but 'tasting' becomes out of control quick. and its just not fun to make something i dont feel i should eat. mostly because they need fat, and i have to really watch mine compared to covering my plate in cheese. losing wt or not, just not healthy. so i try to make things that are bake and leave or quick, and get out of the kitchen.
the old me would over eat almost everyday. mostly in secret. but even now eating in front of my kids, they wouldnt tell the difference if i was reg. eating or not. they got so used to me eating 2nds its hard for them to recognize it, and they are kids. shouldnt be thinking about serving sizes. they are all at healthy weights and healthy, smart kids.
the old me would have been derailed completely from exercising, i usually wasnt exercising at all, or for more than a few times. the old me wouldnt have thought about exercise for weeks or months after i got sick. so i guess i've finally formed a habit.

Can I make a suggestion? Buy Cathe's beginners DVD's, they are fantastic! She also has a rotation on the "rotation Forum". Your workouts are layed out every day, no thinking required! She is gonna work you. You also get your weight workout in. All you do is follow her rotation. The DVD is on sale right now! I am not familiar with Wii workouts! You don't have to do a 100 lunges/squats a day. It's not about quantity it's about quality! If you like I will be back with more! Have to run.

theres also some all star workouts on this week that i like, planning to do those. kendall hogan has 2. tommy deters has another one. they both have lots of kicking,punching,cardio.
i have yoga and strength training on wii fit plus. i prefer doing strength training on my own once i know the moves. i dont like reg. yoga. i dont stretch very often, prob. need to both of those more. my ideal w/o is challenging and makes me sweat alot comparatively. i dont follow a rotation. i used to just run or do the step every day or ride bike. so started trying to use fit tv more to mix it up, and cathe's push me. but they often have nothing on i want to do, which sounds so weird. my workout needs to either be intense or take a long time. i need to feel it. then i remember it. i've gotten better at remembering w/o and meals. since i dont eat everything i think about anymore. i try to eat something that tastes good, memorable. the worst is to eat a poptart then 2 min. later its amnesia. just an ex, but thats why i dont eat those. and pile on the fiber. i often stir together black beans,salsa, pesto/basil,lettuce/spinach if i have it and in a tortilla. or just the beans mixture in a bowl. its harder to overeat beans. they fill you up. or the tuna salad with pesto i posted about another time. i eat alot of whole carrots. veggie burgers instead of a dish my fam is having like pizza. theres more variety than that, but its get in get out. i used to make big pots of pasta, curry, or other stuff. but i'd end up eating the left overs myself. sometimes kids didnt want what i made, so they only ate a little. get tired of curry and spagetti. but i love them. so now i make something they will eat and only make enough for them, or only have a small amount. i do the best when theres just less food in the house. takeout is extremely rare, pizza a few times a yr. (but we do frozen often.) so i have to control it so theres food the kids will eat. but i also feel anxious, bacause that basic nessesity, having enough food. i think i learned that growing up at my grandparents. we always canned our food and freezers full and canned food. it wasnt necessarily what i wanted to eat, but my gma had a fear of not having enough food for winter storms. iowa weather can be rough. but she went way overboard, alot of freezer burnt stuff. she wont throw anything away. when my kids were really little i was always afraid of running out of formula, milk, and diapers. but i've been though my worst case scenario and we were all ok. and if i have to i'll use a towel lol. so now i feel slightly anxious or not at all when we are running really low on groceries. i've also learned to keep staples in the house to make stuff from scratch like pancakes. and those are my most creative meals, when i just make what i can.
my hardest time is the first few days after we get alot of groceries. i try not to get alot of things that only i like, and produce that lasts longer. even if its really healthy food, its not healthy to have all of it at once. so i try to ration myself. give family a chance to eat healthy produce more than before.
i guess that still sounds obsessive. i tell myself to save some for later in the week, or to put in kids lunches etc. sometimes i make food for myself,or save some for later when i got full. and forget to eat it. that wouldnt have happened with the old me.

earlier today i was making meal for myself, ate the tuna burrito. then i was making more food, and realized i was full, and put the other food away. i would have kept going untill uncomfortably full.
wow this has taken a long time to type. its in multi posts,because i have to remember the q or comments from memory. using the wii for net i only see 2 lines of type. with the remote i'm typing 1..finger..at..a..time. so punctuation is often skipped. i am much faster though, i've adapted. i'm really a good speller and have decent grammar. we have usb keyboard, but its dh's so only borrowed it once.
anyway, despite the depressing stuff i was talking about i'm feeling good. as i said before weekends are hard, so getting through without depression is a victory. when i say dep. i mean sloth, binging, or even rarer not interested in eating, not interested in anything. hours, days or weeks. had some weeks in june like that. but got through it. i think i'm going through lonliness, maybe abandonment. the moment dh has gone out the door. i either want to cry, or i do, but i was ok today and yesterday i just read forums and felt better.
we have alot to work on in our relationship.
anyway need to get some sleep. goodnight/morning, and thanks and hugs again, i appreciate you all so much. it really helps, and look forward to it everyday.

open to all suggestions, i looked at her on sale stuff. my fav. is hiit. havent done it, just watched clips. really like the boot camp only did it 1 time on fit tv. i'll have to look more closely at the ones you're talking about. on even on ebay it was a little high, 20 plus each. i sometimes
plan what i want to do next day then change my mind on the day of w/o.

Good Morning,

Hello Belinda and Kristin...hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Belinda enjoy your time with DH. Great job this morning.

Kristin: I am with you. Still need a lot of work and research. I am new to working out as well. We can do this together.

Hello to Amelia, Heidi, Sherry and Karen.

Hope you have a wonderful Labor Day. What are your plans for the day?

Later,
Allee

Kirsten - here is Cathe's beginner Rotaiton! Just because it's a beginner, doesn't mean you are not working! It's a great rotation and you will see great results. Personaly I don't think the Wii (or whatever that is), is great workout, JMO! You will get your cardio + weight workout in, no more extra squats:p Just do this rotation as is, don't stop or take long brakes( meaning working out 10 min, 10 min there!! I know you can do it! If you need break take a break not a vacation:p:eek: You also can break up the workout do the cardio in the morning and do the weight training at night! Don't do 10 min here and 10 min there! Try to aim for 30 min (if you get out 20, fantastic)if you can't do 60 min! I know you can do this. I am not trying to say, workout to a point where you feel you pass out, just saying work through it! We all been there! It's hard work! Work as hard as you can! You have to push yourself, sometimes we get to compfy in what we do. If you want to see results you have to push yourself everytime you work out a little harder. If you still feel like you haven't worked out enought with Cathe's rotaiton on your days off, go for a 30 min bike ride/walk or do some yoga! As far as your eating goes, sign up with Sparkspeople.com! Great support! YOU CAN DO THIS! I hope my post isn't to harsh or rude, no indent~! Just trying to help you!;);)

Official Cathe Beginner Rotation

If you are new to working out with me and are fairly new to fitness, I suggest you use the following DVD's along with this posted 3 month fitness program to prepare you for my more advanced workouts.

These workouts are Basic Step and Body Fusion (both on one DVD), Low Impact Step and Total Body Sculpting (both on one DVD), and Total Body Stretching. The equipment used in these beginner DVD's is as follows: 3 to 5 pound handweights, an exercise tube (preferrably with handles), and a stability ball.

Side Note:
After doing the 3 month break in period, I think all other tapes will be more comfortable for you (however, I suggest Cardio and Weights as the next stepping stone). The workouts that you should hold off on for a good few months are all of the Imax workouts (ie: Interval Max, Imax 1, 2 or 3) and any workouts labled using the words "Extreme or Terminator" in its title.

Here is a three month starter workout plan:

Week 1,2 and 3:

Mon: Basic Step plus Lower body hand weight add on (it is one of the workouts on the tape)

Tues: OFF

Wed: Basic Step plus upper body hand weight add on (it is one of the workouts on the tape)

Thurs: One Segment from Total Body Stretching (a good idea to start with the segment that uses no equipment)

Fri: Basic Step plus Abdominal routine add on (it is one of the workouts on the tape)

Sat: Upper AND lower body tubing routine (it is one of the workouts on the tape)

Sun: One segment of Total Body Stretching plus the the abdominal add on from the Basis Step DVD

WEEK 4, 5, and 6

Mon: Body Fusion

Tues: Lower Body add on with hand weight from Basic Step DVD

Wed: Body Fusion

Thurs: The abdominal add on from the Basic Step DVD plus One segment from total Body stretching

Fri: Brisk walk outside for 40 minutes and a segment from Total Body Stretching

Sat: Upper and Lower body add on with tubing plus abdominal segment from Basic Step DVD (they are all on the DVD)

Sun: A segment from Total Body Stretching DVD

Week 7, 8, and 9

Mon: Low Impact Step

Tues: Total Body Sculpting

Wed: Low Impact Step

Thurs: Abdominal Add on from Basic Step DVD plus one stretch segment from Total Body Stretching

Fri: Body Fusion

Sat: OFF

Sun: Total Body Sculpting

Week 10, 11, and 12

Mon: Low Impact Step

Tues: Lower Body Add On with hand weights from Basic Step DVD

Wed: Body Fusion

Thurs: Brisk walk for 40 minutes plus abdominal add on from Basic Step DVD

Fri: Total Body Sculpting

Sat: One segment Total Body Stretching

Sun: OFF

As far as what to eat....

Eat a wide variety of veggies, especially dark leafy green veggies, a wide variety of lean protein sources, a wide variety of complex carbohydrates, and keep all your foods in their more natural form (without cream sauces, or frying, or without swimming in oils). Eat a wide variety of healthy fruits too and be sure that you have citrus sources as well. A daily multi-vitamin is a good idea too.

Good luck and always listen to your body along the way. Gently push harder on energetic days. Strive to maintain your best effort on stressful or "not fully into it" days. Take a day off on days that you have lead legs, fighting a bad cold, feeling mentally or physically run down, or experience an overall sense of "I just can't do this today"

open to all suggestions, i looked at her on sale stuff. my fav. is hiit. havent done it, just watched clips. really like the boot camp only did it 1 time on fit tv. i'll have to look more closely at the ones you're talking about. on even on ebay it was a little high, 20 plus each. i sometimes
plan what i want to do next day then change my mind on the day of w/o.

Have you tried www.collagevideo.com or www.advancedworkouts.com they usully offer FREE shipping!

I would not recommend Hiit or Cathe's Boot Camp, those workouts are to advanced. When I started out with Cathe, I couldn't do a Hiit or BC, there is no same in that! I would highly recommend Cathe's beginner DVD's first, than work yourself up to the more advanced DVD's! I LOVE Cathe's beginner DVD's! You will see better results. I hope this helps!

This is a good price for a step (you need a good step,girl) and 3 DVD's! I kow $140 is a lot of money at first, but well worth it, IMO! i think you need to invest in a good step! Also Wal Mart and Target carry Cathe's step, not sure how much they cost!

Last edited:
Hallo Ladies,

I am back to report my workouts for today! After D31, DH wanted to go for a bike ride. I didn't knew I was gonna sign up for a bike race:p I think DH found every hill in town! My legs are jello! We went for over 11 miles (lots of hills)! I still have to work my abs, that I will do tonight! I am beat right now!;)

This is what I did today :

Meso 3, Week 3, Disc 31, Chest & Back. I know, I said I would lower my weight this week, but I didn't, went up on all excerices:p

Warmup: 2 sets/12reps
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 50#/ up 3# from last week
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 50#

Workout: 4sets/6reps
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 85#/ up 5 lb from last week
Barbell Rows - 85#/up 5 lb

Flat Bench Chest Flyes - 26#/ up 1 lb
One Arm Row - 31#/ up 6 lb

Incline Barbell Bench Press - 85#/ up 5lb, last 2 sets DH spotted me! It helped me to push even harder:p I am amazed at myself on that one! I have trouble getting that weigtht off my squat rack, once it's up I am fine! Not sure why? DH kept saying, you can do it! I didn't think I could do the last 2 sets, but I did!
Barbell Deadlifts - 75#/up 10lb

Incline Chest Flyes - 26#/ up 1lb
One Arm Horizontal Row - 31#/up 6lb

One more week and I am done with STS:eek::p:p I am doing the happy dance! Yeah!

Have a wonderful workout today, ladies! Work it!

Good Morning Ladies:D Its a beautiful morning here in GA. Clear sky's and a nice temp, 65 degree's. I wish i could take off and do a CC around the neighborhood but my froggies are home today so no can do.

Today is a cardio, maybe some kickbox. I will bbl to report.

Hello to Belinda, Kristina(or is it Kristen? sorry:eek:) Allee,Heidi, Sherry and Karen!

belinda,
no you arent being too harsh, actually i was reading it and really trying to laugh, although when i'm sick it doesnt sound as intended, justs weird and sad lol. all those smilies haha. no, i dont do well with subtle hints. i need direct and kick my butt. i'd pick jillian for my trainer, scary.
dont i need a real step for the beginer workout? the one i made with layers is difficult to step around.
i dont think i'm beginer level because on a healthy day (obviously not even attepting running with chest pain).
i can run in place 30 min. without rest, or with short rests. done that run many times, ot counts how many must have been close to 50 times. since march.
no, i aggree most of the wii exercises are not challenging enough, i dont think they ever were: disapointing too, was so excited about it. i havent done anything on it recently except the run i checked in about my second day on check in. my most challenging exercises are-planks/plank challenge,free run(no guide running in front to keep pace) steady state or intervals of 10,20,30min. free step just stepping as many times as you can in the time period, no running. better to do watching a tv, or really fast music. hoolahoop is harder than it sounds. and fun.
running
hoolahoop
stepping
all in aerobic section and planks are modified. they have some challenging yoga/strength moves i dont care at all about balance yet. everything else is more of for fun, than burning.
thanks vee, yes we can. thats whats great, we can point out improvements to eachother and push when needed.
now that i can use wts i will be striving for quality over quantity, you are so right. i tend not to count, but its way less reps which is good. its the # its the burn thats important.

also a note about the bike, 1 hr is like a warm up. its a recumbent bike with a flat seat. takes almost an hour for my butt to even start burning. i didnt feel guilty about not w/o on sick days this week, but it would have been better to do a liitle activity to keep my mind balanced. i was able to do some walking, light bike ride. no activity at all makes my brain kinda weird i guess. i'm not exersizing compulsively, alot of times i dont want to do anything, but sometimes thats how it is, then you get into it and its fine. i have to stop letting excuses stop me. i have the time, ability 99% of the time, and i cant live my life telling myself i cant do x because x. i can. and have to fit it in as a lifestyle change.
my apologizies for the books i wrote for posts. i understand if you cant read war and peace up there lol.

belinda,
no you arent being too harsh, actually i was reading it and really trying to laugh, although when i'm sick it doesnt sound as intended, justs weird and sad lol. all those smilies haha. no, i dont do well with subtle hints. i need direct and kick my butt. i'd pick jillian for my trainer, scary.
dont i need a real step for the beginer workout? the one i made with layers is difficult to step around.
i dont think i'm beginer level because on a healthy day (obviously not even attepting running with chest pain).
i can run in place 30 min. without rest, or with short rests. done that run many times, ot counts how many must have been close to 50 times. since march.
no, i aggree most of the wii exercises are not challenging enough, i dont think they ever were: disapointing too, was so excited about it. i havent done anything on it recently except the run i checked in about my second day on check in. my most challenging exercises are-planks/plank challenge,free run(no guide running in front to keep pace) steady state or intervals of 10,20,30min. free step just stepping as many times as you can in the time period, no running. better to do watching a tv, or really fast music. hoolahoop is harder than it sounds. and fun.
running
hoolahoop
stepping
all in aerobic section and planks are modified. they have some challenging yoga/strength moves i dont care at all about balance yet. everything else is more of for fun, than burning.
thanks vee, yes we can. thats whats great, we can point out improvements to eachother and push when needed.
now that i can use wts i will be striving for quality over quantity, you are so right. i tend not to count, but its way less reps which is good. its the # its the burn thats important.

also a note about the bike, 1 hr is like a warm up. its a recumbent bike with a flat seat. takes almost an hour for my butt to even start burning. i didnt feel guilty about not w/o on sick days this week, but it would have been better to do a liitle activity to keep my mind balanced. i was able to do some walking, light bike ride. no activity at all makes my brain kinda weird i guess. i'm not exersizing compulsively, alot of times i dont want to do anything, but sometimes thats how it is, then you get into it and its fine. i have to stop letting excuses stop me. i have the time, ability 99% of the time, and i cant live my life telling myself i cant do x because x. i can. and have to fit it in as a lifestyle change.
my apologizies for the books i wrote for posts. i understand if you cant read war and peace up there lol.

Kirsten - just because it's a beginner DVD, doesn't mean it's not intense! It still get's my heart rate up and it burns lot's of calories. What I am trying to say, your workouts looks to me all over the place, if this makes any sense! I think you need good workout routine! If you doing clips from youtube, you are not getting the full benefits. Don't just fogus on your legs, you still need to work your upper body, if you have a lot of weight to loos. You need a well rounded workout, JMO! Your legs will get smaller as well as your upper body.You don't want small lower body and a not so shapely upper body, do you? :eek: When I worked out on my own a few years back before I found Cathe ( I didn't know what I was doing, although I though I knew) Wrong! :eek:
I do like Jillian Michaels DVD's, great wrokouts!

What workout are you doing today?
And tomorrow?
Yes, you need a good, real step!

allee, so sorry i keep mixing you up with another cathlete, Vee. i guess the names are a little similar, but i'll get it right.
my real first name is kristina. i know theres another, kristin on another thread you guys check in to. not offended at all when its misspelled or mixed up. i started katy trail on 3fc.

its a trail in mo, not far from where we live. theres biking, horse back riding...sleeping in tents or bed and breakfast. recently found info about that. would be great to take all the kids and all of us do part of the trail. i really love hiking, camping etc.
another dream is to go back to boundary waters. its a series of lakes on the international border of u.s and canada. also, the begining of mississippi river is near there too. absolutely beautiful untouched nature. i went with a camping group when i was a teenager. and always said before i had kids to bring them back when they were old enough. until we can do that, theres a park pretty close to us with camping, hiking by the mississippi river. i want to be fit enough to keep up doing everything there.

amy, so glad its been really nice weather there. has been here too although i havent been out much lately. i love when its nice enough to not need heaters, or air conditioning. but you can get that walk in tomorrow.

not really sure w/o today. was feeling really congested, but better now. i take alot of showers when i'm sick. helps the kids too. i guess we should get a humidifier at some point.

tomorrow and several days of this week are all star w/o i want to do. kendall hogan's bootcamp, and not sure name-maybe body sculpting. they are this tue and wed i think.

i've been doing alot of self reflection lately, i guess thats obvious. cant stop talking on my posts. but you dont know whats going on untill i tell you. anyway, i've been noticing that i still feel thinner in parts of my body. my lower stomach, hips, my outer thighs. even while i was sick, as said before a real trigger situation for me, but i still felt good about my body. frustrated about the cold, but generally feeling good about my body. so i was thinking today. how i appreciate my body more than in hs when i was 140/150 lbs. i was sometimes happy, but spend more time wishing i could fit into smaller jeans, or sometimes iwas jealous of other girls at school. didnt think about comparing alot, but i did feel i didnt fit in with other girls, or that i wasnt thin enough in shape enough to be a cheerleader. but i spent alot of time thinking about other stuff-boys, keeping up and procrastinating hw, helped with my youngest sister. was a very stressful time, always arguing with my mom. i think i was happiest with my body,when i ran with the cross country team, you may have read about that already, i was proud of running distance. finishing the races. i think thats why i love to run now, brings me back to that place. felt like i belonged more than before. did track before that, running the mile. slowest out there. i was proud to finish, but guilty i couldnt help get the team points. or go to away meets. but in cc, it didnt matter. everyone goes to all the meets. competing against yourself. trying to improve your own time.

belinda, everytime i read your posts with !, i crack up laughing. my workouts are all over the place. i guess so. dont really plan them. i'll think about getting that rotation.

i've been doing alot of self reflection lately, i guess thats obvious. cant stop talking on my posts. but you dont know whats going on untill i tell you. anyway, i've been noticing that i still feel thinner in parts of my body. my lower stomach, hips, my outer thighs. even while i was sick, as said before a real trigger situation for me, but i still felt good about my body. frustrated about the cold, but generally feeling good about my body. so i was thinking today. how i appreciate my body more than in hs when i was 140/150 lbs. i was sometimes happy, but spend more time wishing i could fit into smaller jeans, or sometimes iwas jealous of other girls at school. didnt think about comparing alot, but i did feel i didnt fit in with other girls, or that i wasnt thin enough in shape enough to be a cheerleader. but i spent alot of time thinking about other stuff-boys, keeping up and procrastinating hw, helped with my youngest sister. was a very stressful time, always arguing with my mom. i think i was happiest with my body,when i ran with the cross country team, you may have read about that already, i was proud of running distance. finishing the races. i think thats why i love to run now, brings me back to that place. felt like i belonged more than before. did track before that, running the mile. slowest out there. i was proud to finish, but guilty i couldnt help get the team points. or go to away meets. but in cc, it didnt matter. everyone goes to all the meets. competing against yourself. trying to improve your own time.

belinda, everytime i read your posts with !, i crack up laughing. my workouts are all over the place. i guess so. dont really plan them. i'll think about getting that rotation.

Kristina, sorry I got your name wrong too:confused: Yeap, Amelia and I have a Kirstin in another check in! I love running! Keep up the running, girl! You done it before, you can run distance again;) Take care!

there are some really affordable used dvds/vhs especially the begginer cathe ones. so thats a real plus. did find a step thats less than 40 bucks. so thats more do able too. last time i looked that kind wasnt there.
i may just ask my family to get me a cathe gift cert. for christimas. but the lower prices we can do before then i think. atm need to use what i have, we spent alot for school stuff for kids. but having a plan, direction to go in always really helps. theres also a riser for the wii, only 20 bucks. but its not long like the step and you cant run on it. well dd can lol. shes like 45# lol. i'm not running/jumping on it.

belinda, thats so great! being motivated by dh and so proud of you too. we astound ourselves.
who are we to think we are beautiful, gorgeous....actually, who are we not to be?
love that one. from akeela and the bee movie.

resisting papa john's pizza today-my fav. kind of delivered pizza. not terribly difficult since theres not alot left.
dh had some kind of super hero moments yesterday. he worked yesterday(12) plus this morning (8). came home this morning. sure it was really dif. since hes still sick. did take meds. then played guitar hero to wind down.
not the first time hes worked 2 shifts like that. he often stays up till the kids get on the bus in the morning, but still had to be hard. trying to keep kids quiet so he can rest.
he signed up to work on labor day for someone before he got sick, wasnt decided last night. they never close.

quick check in. CCPP done on TM, 56 minutes and 520 calories burned, a little over 4 1/2 miles,Everyone have a great day:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.