DO WHAT YOU WANT! JUST GET IT DONE!" for May 5, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Thanks for all the b-day wishes! I had a relaxing and fun day yesterday, despite my headache and nose bleed :mad: after doing chest and shoulder work with the tubing. I don’t get it anymore? I had surgery 2 weeks ago and I am still bleeding? I called the clinic today; I was told it’s normal to have swelling/headaches and bleedings. It can take up to 4 to 6 weeks to heal. What am I suppose to do for the next “” 6 weeks””? And my nose is still stuffed, I feel like I have a long lasting cold. My nose problem just keeps hanging around!

Today I WILL do biceps and triceps with the tubing. If it doesn’t rain I will take the dogs for a walk.

Stephanie, I hope you had a fantastic day yesterday. We also had rain:mad: DH cooked an amazing dinner to cheer me up:eek:

Good morning! I am thinking of you Belinda and hope you feel better soon! Maybe you can take a rest day today? I feel for you! 6 weeks is a long time to wait for healing. Just remember to WO real easy. Your body is trying to heal and needs all the strength for that. Please don't think I'm preaching!

I am doing the last of the STS WO of the 3 1/2 month rotation! I am looking forward to doing a "regular" Cathe WO!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Oh, did anyone read my post yesterday? Belinda...TOWER! :p

Morning

I decided on taking a rest day yesterday. I did some house chores instead. Today is some type of cardio and a 4DS weight work...haven't decided on what exactly. Im going through the 'I can't be bothereds' just don't feel like doing anything right now,and i don't want anyone bothering me.:rolleyes::confused: Maybe its post-menstrual....LOL:rolleyes:

Yesterday i decided to lower my cals (no workout...figured i needed to) well,that was a huge mistake:( i was starving most of the day. I was able to control my hunger for the most part(thank goodness i didn't buy any junk food this week) but i didn't stick to orginal cals i was hoping for, darnit!

Belinda-What did your DH cook for you yesterday? I love hearing about food even if i can't always eat it:eek:;):) Great job with your tubing workouts! Im so sorry your still struggling with a stomped up nose....how frustrating! Does it stay clogged all day?

Steph- Have a great workout girl! The race you described yesterday sounds like my kind of race....i will see when the it comes to my town. Ive heard of it before,Susan G Komen 5k. Wow...10,000 people:eek: AWESOME!!!! My running is going good, i have my bad days and good days. Im doing CC to keep up my endurance and Cathe step workouts help too.

Karen-I forgot to tell you the other day congrats on getting a Nike Imara!!! I love mine...its my workout 'friend',lol. Great job on your STS workout yesterday,high fives on impressing yourself...great feeling!!!

bbl

Today was Tracy Staehle's High Intensity Step Mix 2. I have never done this wo before. I was supposed to do the HI/LOW of MIC and the cardio quick fix but I didn't feel like doing that qf thing. I had to stop the cardio in this WO though after a little over a hour because I got lost in some of her combos. I had only previewed it up until that point and go figure that is where I got lost this morning. sigh. Either way, it was a fun workout. It was a nice change from Cathe's workouts. I did expect it to be a little more "high intensity" - but I can probably push it more once i know all of the steps.

Belinda - You should try doing yoga - no weights required, but it can keep you toned. Or pilates too.

Steph - you are already done with STS? I'm in my second week of meso 3. What will you do now??

Amelia - I hear you on those lower calories! That always creaps up on you in the end. Yesterday I really had the munchies as well - It wasn't pretty.

ps. The basement is not finished. :( We worked really hard on it Friday and Saturday - but really needed a break from it by Sunday. I promise you that it WILL be 100% done THIS weekend. (I feel like I say that every week - but this time it is true) We are so close its painful.

Hello to you all!

Very busy day yesterday. I was out all day, work, errands and visiting my aunts and brother.

Before I went out I managed a 3mile run and stretch.

Today I hope...or should I say I will get in LIC. ;)

Karen: Have a great workout! Don't worry about the basement issue..it will be done when it is done. ;) Mine still isn't and I don't think at this point it ever will be. :) Just too much to do on this house and business and taking precedence over all.

Amelia: You need a break once in awhile. Good job listening to your body! It is raining here and I just want to go back to bed. But I am not going to do that! As soon as I put on my workout clothes that is it! I am headed to the cellar for a great circuit workout!
Come join me for I know this will make us both feel better. ;)

Steph! Have a great final workout with STS! You did awesome sticking with the program!!! ;)

Belinda: You will get there soon. Don't over do it I know it is hard to wait. I hope that you can get in your walk later. :)
What a sweetie your DH is! ;)

Off and running for my closet!
Have a great day everyone1
BBL
Heidi

Amelia, glad to hear you are sticking with running! Like I've said before, I just picked it up January 2008 and love it! My dad has always been a competitive runner (many, many marathons) and tried to get me into it when I was a kid but I just wasn't interested. He still runs a little, he's 76! He lives in Florida so when I do see him we go on short runs. Hope you can control those hunger pains! Has it been rainy there? It has up here. That may be part of it too. Rainy days always make me hungry...wonder why?

Karen, nice workout! I haven't purchased any of Tracey's step WO's. They look too tricky. Let me know how long it takes you to "master" them! Glad to hear the basement will be complete this weekend! Send pictures! We are all dying to see the back-breaking work you have been up to! After STS...I think I will follow part of Cathe's May rotation and would really like to concentrate on running 3 times a week. We'll see what I come up with. I need to spend time preparing the next months rotation. I just need to find the time. Have you seen my time?

Heidi, there you are! Nice run yesterday! Hope you are doing LIC right now! Sounds like you had a nice visit with family. Someone recently told me to stop and smell the roses. Sounds like you did just that! Good for you!

Well, hope to be back later!

im so glad my workout is over...ughhhhh. Its like I had no motivation today(or yesterday for that matter:eek:)

I decided on 4DS shoulders,chest and triceps then i did 40mins on the treadmill. I feel better now that im all sweaty;):)

oh man:mad: i just posted a really long post...where did it go?:mad::mad::mad:

bbl;)

Hi grls,

I did biceps and triceps with the tubing today and I took the dogs for an hour walk!

Stephanie, I know you are right about taking it easy! I promise I am taking it easy! ^^^ 5’s to your day! That is great he still is running! I miss it too!

Amelia** Darieus cooked tortellini for dinner (most German restaurants are closed on Monday’s) He will take me out to a nice Greek restaurant this weekend.

Karen** I will try to do some yoga. I can’t bent over to much, I get a lot of pressure in my head. Post some pic. of your basement, when you have time!

Heidi** I am getting frustrated! DH bought me 2 more barbells (one is a EZ curl bar, the other is for tricpes barbells), my DH and son bought me more Cathe toys and I can’t touch any. WTH! I want to work out so bad! I know I need more time to heal, and I promise I will take it easy. I will walk every day.

BTW! Great workouts today, ladies! I am jealous!

Hi,

Amelia: Great Job!!!! You beat me! I got all dressed to workout and my phone kept ringing!!! I couldn't ignore it because it was business related. by the time I was finished
with the calls I had to get dressed quickly to go into work. I also ran my DS the Doc to get a quick checkup for his cold. He stayed home yesterday and today for it. Just worried that he might have strep. First test came back negative...PHEW! So far so good.

Back home with older DS and helping him with some school stuff. Friday I am taking out to Western MA to look at apartments. I won't be around too much that day.

Hey Belinda! Those new toys will be there for you as a gift to your patience! You will have to be strong minded to get through these next few weeks. Just think of it....jumping up and down with stitches and they keep splitting....OUCH! Good thing to wait. ;)
We'll be here for you. :) Enjoy your Greek dinner later this week. Sounds great!

Hi Steph! Smelling those roses right now!!!! ;)

Time to get to work.
BBL
Heidi

Amelia, great job on your workout! I was like that last week. 5 minutes into the workout I wanted to stop but I pushed through it. I will remember your struggle when that happens to me again and remember you did it and how great you felt afterward! YOU ARE AWESOME!

Belinda, that's great that you are realizing you need to rest and heal! Great workout today too! You know what, all those toys and DVD's will be there when you are all healed. Then you can make us jealous because you will be all rested up and can start back really strong. Hang in there! :D

Heidi, great advise to Belinda. Hope things slow down for you soon! Maybe you can get in a stretch for relaxation? They are mostly 10-20 minutes. Hope you are having a nice evening!

Rain, rain, go away...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.