DO WHAT YOU WANT! JUST GET IT DONE!" for Feb. 18, 2009

Good morning gals!

Belinda, what are your thoughts on disk #2? Will you be moving a little slower tomorrow? What is on your agenda today? I guess you are getting ready for lunch, huh? I just burned the toast! Forgot about it! OOPS!

Just finished SJ&P step only. That was fun!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Thanks again for letting me hang out with you all again!

Hello and Good Morning to you all,

Belinda: Nice job this morning! I am pretty sore from Disk #1 yesterday! Like Karen, I am feeling it big time on the sides of my chest and front shoulders! :0

Hey Steph! Great job on SJP! I am going to do cardio today but not sure what. Thinking of a step routine because I haven't done one in awhile.

Working as usual otherwise today.

Hello to Amelia, Jay and Karen! Have a great workout today!
BBL
Heidi

Hey girls! Morning!

Today is a cardio...ive got lowmax in mind

Belinda-Great job girlfriend....Did I ever tell you that your my idol?:eek: Hugs to ya:)

Heidi-Ive got step on the mind too...why not do lowmax with me(lol) i thought about doing stepblast but i still don't know all the moves on that one!

Jay-thanks for the hugs last night...enjoy your workout today!

Karen-What are you plans for the day?

Steph-AWESOME,AWESOME,AWESOME job on your 10K,Wow...its such an honor to be around so many inspiring women. Ive thought about doing a 5K but i would have to travel to Atlanta to do it...and im a contry girl(lol). Im still checking around there area for some closer. There is a triathlon in a local park this spring but i seriously doubt i will be in that:rolleyes:. Ok...silly question...how long is a 5K:eek:

bbl

Last edited:
Today was STS Disc 2 - Back and Triceps. I don't have a setup to do the chin ups or pull ups (nor to I have one of cathes bands that hooks over the door) - so I improvised! I put one of those squeeze ball things for forearms in a sock and then tied the sock to one of my tubings that I had. I then put that over the door and it worked great! (except the tension could have been harder on the band...must find my "tough" tubing) Here is my breakdown:

120 Lat pulldowns with band

113 Dumbbell Rows Both Arms – 25#

714 Dips on chair

363 Straddle Pushups
**Pushups?? I thought this was back and triceps??? :)

104 Chinups

738 Seated Overhead Extensions One Arm (dumbbell) – 10#
**Probably could have gone heavier here

134 One Arm Row (dumbbell) – 30#

167 T-Pull with band

716 Flat Bench Barbell Triceps Extensions – 16#
**actually used a dumbell for this

83 Barbell Rows – 52#

176 Y's with band

721 Kickbacks One Arm (dumbbell)- 11#

133 One Arm Horizontal Row (dumbbell)- 20#

1052 Deadlifts (dumbbell) -25#
**Using the tips that Cathe gave us about form made a big difference! I think I used to let my shoulders round a little before.

703 Close Grip Bench Press (dumbbell) – 20#

726 One Arm press Down with Band

104 Chinups –

737 Seated Overhead Extensions Both Arms (dumbbell) – 20#

83 Barbell Rows- 52#’s
**This second round almost got me

111 Double Arm Rows with Band

739 Side Leaning One Arm Overhead Extensions on Ball (dumbbell)- 10#

134 One Arm Row (dumbbell)- 30#
**This second time around was tough

1052 Deadlifts (dumbbell) – 25#

720 Kickbacks Double Arm (dumbbell)- 13#
**Killer - especially those "holds" at the very end!

724 One Arm Band Kickbacks

142 Pullups

712 Cross Body Kickbacks (dumbbell)- 12#
**These were tough on those last 4

120 Lat pulldowns with band

740 Side Lying One Arm Pushups

164 Superman on Floor Arms & Legs Elevate

Great workouts so far today everyone!

Steph - I live in Milwaukee County. I am not a big fan of the snow - but I'd take snow over the cold any day! We are getting a little white stuff today again. Hopefully it doesn't amount to much. :)

Heidi - my chest/side area is still sore again this morning - how about you? I didn't feel too bad after disc two this morning. I thought it was going to be harder.... I guess I'll get there as we move onto the other cycles...

Belinda - what did you think of disc 2? I keep thinking I could go heavier on some of the exercises but then thinking maybe not... I think next week I'll start with heavier and then drop to lighter if I need to. I'm just a scaredy cat thinking I will hurt myself.

Hello Ladies,

Another busy morning for me.:mad::mad: No workout yet!! I hope to get one done this evening.

Ladies are doing an excellent jobs!!! I feel so bad I haven't been able to keep up. I feel guilty for checking in. Should I stop? Good Luck!!!

Try to be back later.
Take Care,

Jay:)

Hi girls,

You guys are the chatty bunch when I am sleeping, hah?

Heidi, what did you decide on, the three or six month rotation? I already loaded the 6 month rotation in my calendar, after deleting the 3 month one, lol! It’s recording my workouts correctly, that’s not the problem. Me not knowing what to do is, lol! How are your DOMS today? I still feel my DOMS even in my abs!

Stephanie, glad you are back and working out hard, girl! We missed you! Sorry, about your family issues! I hear a lot about the “Elmo Push-ups, don’t scare me! I do have to admit, I have to modify the push ups, lol! I do most of them on my knees! I did do abs on Monday without equipments, oh boy! I still feel them today! DH and the kids are doing fine! Thanks for asking! My kids are still in college! How is your DH and kids doing? Yes, if I still take the dogs for walks! The streets are icy the last few days, so no walks! We do have a huge yard for the dogs to run around! The kids are coming to Germany this summer, no I will not fly back to the states! DH and I decided to stay in the same house; it’s huge and right on post. I can walk to the store and DH walks to work! The Army will pay us for our damage from the flooding. They just got done fixing and airing out the basement 2 weeks ago. I do love my workout room, it not fancy! Put I got everything I need! I do need to put some pictures up and different curtains. I did like disc 2 today! Great job on SJP Step today! I love that one!

Amelia, do you have the 4 DS yet? You are so sweet, Amelia! You are my idol, girl! Hugs back to ya! I plan on running my first 5K this year, you want to join me?

Karen, how are your DOMS today? I used my squat rack for pull ups today, works perfectly! WTG, on your workout this morning! I was thinking the same thing going heavier on some of the exercises ( I did on some), but had to remind myself it was an endurance workout! It has me lifting light; I am not used to that! I will do what my workout card says, I will see what happened!

Jay, great job with your run yesterday! Sorry, things didn’t work out with your ex! He is a big! I agree with Stephanie on everything she said! Hang in there! Don’t stop checking in with us either, ok! Hope you will get your workout in! Don’t beat your self up, sometimes life get busy. Do what you can!

Ok, I think I caught up with yesterdays and today’s personals! I know as soon as I go to sleep you guys chat away, LOL!

Hello,

Back to report in:
LOW MAX DONE! I did all seven sequences. Nice workout!

Karen and Belinda: I am still sore! Watch out with that workout you did today because it can sneak up on you! You think you didn't do very much....just wait! ;) I am sure you will be feeling it tomorrow!

Belinda: I entered the 3 month rotation in the calendar. It is missing cardio days but I am filling those in as I go along. I will be doing Disc 2 tomorrow! (2nd time through)
Are you lost in the rotation information on the calendar or just not knowing what to expect on the workout of the day? :)

Karen: Nice impro for the pull-ups! ;) There are quite a few people checking in with the same issue of not having a way to do pull-ups. I bought a chin-up bar for the boys which I am using to "WORK" at doing more chin-ups! ;) I did the same as Belinda for the pull-ups. I used my squat rack with the barbell. It works just fine.

Hey Jay! Don't worry! We still want you! We have all been there when it comes to not getting a workout in because life gets busy at times! Believe me I know!!! Please check-in with us anyway for we love to hear from you.

Amelia: Are you done huffing and puffing your way through LM? ;)

Hi Steph! Hope that work is going ok for you.

BBL
Heidi

Belinda-I would love to join you in a 5K!!!

Heidi-How was your workout... Tommorrow im doing a circuit,care do join me in one?

Workout done! Decided on C&W cardio only! burned 308cals! No 4DS yet...should be anytime now! I'll let you guys know when it gets here and im able to preview it!:eek: im excited!

Hey Amelia! That LM was really fun huh!? Totally enjoyed that!

I plan on STS disc 2 and an easy run on the TM.

Which circuit workout are you planning on doing?

Off to do laundry and make lunch for DS.
BBL
Heidi

Hey!

Break from work! I am eating yummy SW chicken soup! That's my favorite!

Amelia, you are an inspiring woman! And don't you forget that! Hey, I didn't know what a 5k was until last year! It's 3.1 miles...10k 6.2...and that triathalon you and Heidi are going to do is Swim 500 yards, Bike 16 miles, Run 3 miles! LOL!!! Hey, wait up! :p
Nice workout today! Did 4DS come yet?

Karen, again, great strength! You sounded like McGyver with your "sock" modification! Pretty cool! :cool:
How's the snow accumulation? So, I take it you live near Milwaukee; you are about 35-40 minutes from my DS. I wish I was that close! Hope your day is going great!

Hey Jay! No, you should not stop checking in. You will feel bad and you will be missed and you will miss us too! ;) That's the way I felt...a little guilty also. :eek: What are your WO plans this evening?

Belinda, so you are going to run your first 5k this year too? Okay, we all need to get together and run them...together! We will fly down to see Amelia and run that race, then hop on the jet the next morning and head off to Germany! :D
You are not alone modifying! That's my middle name!
Kids and DH are doing just fine. School/work...just the norm! Glad to hear you and your family are all doing well!
Be careful on that ice!

Heidi, nice workout! Low Max is hard! I haven't touched that one in a long time. hmmmmm.....

I need to head back to work. Hope your days are bright and happy!

bbl

Heidi, I am not lost with the calendar! It’s just deleting a 6 month rotation is a pain! LOL! I am also missing the cardio days in the calendar, but like it this way! I can do whatever cardio I feel like doing! Nice job with LM! Hope you don't mind me asking, why are you doing weights and cardio on the same day:eek: I remember Cathe saying no cardio on weight day!

Amelia, how cool we are going to run a 5K this year! The weather needs to lighting up here, so I can start running outside! Nice job on C&W! Hope you love the 4DS as much as I do! LOL! The step routine is a little tricky in HIS! IMO, learn the 3rd combo fist!

Stephanie, you and I posted at the same time! LMAROF! That is how we will do it, first fly to Amelia, than hop on an airplane! That is funny! Yah, I do modify on my knees, lol! I did a few on my toes! Glad you family is doing fine too!

Hello,

Back from trainstation....

Steph: You should try LM on your next cardio day. I really liked it even though in a few spots I got a little confused with the foot work. I am getting it though!

Belinda: I do my cardio as a warm-up to the weights. Or sometimes as a cool down after....everytime is different. ;) I try no to over do it however because I don't want to get burned out.

Nice job everyone!

Jay: I that you can get in something later today. :)

Off and running again,
BBL
Heidi

(Busy week with DS out of school for vacation)

Hello,

Back to report in:
LOW MAX DONE! I did all seven sequences. Nice workout!

Karen and Belinda: I am still sore! Watch out with that workout you did today because it can sneak up on you! You think you didn't do very much....just wait! ;) I am sure you will be feeling it tomorrow!

Belinda: I entered the 3 month rotation in the calendar. It is missing cardio days but I am filling those in as I go along. I will be doing Disc 2 tomorrow! (2nd time through)
Are you lost in the rotation information on the calendar or just not knowing what to expect on the workout of the day? :)

Karen: Nice impro for the pull-ups! ;) There are quite a few people checking in with the same issue of not having a way to do pull-ups. I bought a chin-up bar for the boys which I am using to "WORK" at doing more chin-ups! ;) I did the same as Belinda for the pull-ups. I used my squat rack with the barbell. It works just fine.

Hey Jay! Don't worry! We still want you! We have all been there when it comes to not getting a workout in because life gets busy at times! Believe me I know!!! Please check-in with us anyway for we love to hear from you.

Amelia: Are you done huffing and puffing your way through LM? ;)

Hi Steph! Hope that work is going ok for you.

BBL
Heidi

I hope I have some DOMS tomorrow! (as much as I hate to love them) :)
My DH does have a pullup bar that you can put in a doorway (not the one that hangs on the frame of the door) - however he wouldn't let me set it up in the living room. :mad: (the basement is still under construction for my "real gym") DH told me that I'm not going to be able to do all of the exercises. What??:mad: He thinks I am Cathe crazy.

Steph - I haven't been outside since this morning so I'm not sure what is going on out there. (we work in the basement/dungeon) I haven't always been able to lift this heavy before. I want to say the heaviest I lifted for quite a while was 10lbs. I never really thought of going over that. I thought Cathe was superwoman with her 12's and 15's.....now I want to be superwoman! :)

BTW, I wanted to mention that I previewed the STS Weights & Plates ab workout after being sore from the first one we did on Monday. It looks PAINFUL! I am dreading it. I've done workouts with plates before and its hard! What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger, right?

Hi Karen!

Oh Ya! Maybe he should try the workouts before scoffing! My DH thinks I am nuts half the time but he now knows that this isn't your typical workout series! Cathe's workouts are just awesome for anyone including husbands! He should put that bar up for you to try out at least instead of discouraging you.
Maybe he is afraid that you'll ask him to try it out first....just to find out you can do more pull-ups than him! ;)

I hope that your workout area will be completed soon! Sounds like it will be really nice when it is.

Off to do more chores!
Just had to pipe in here! ;)
Heidi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.