DGMT~*~*~*~Wed.1/9

TXGin

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies!

Today was 3 mile run and then PUB. I know I said I was going to do less cardio, but feel committed to run with my friend. Okay...what is the reasoning with doing 8 minutes of biceps and hammer curls?? 52 of each!??!x( }( :eek: I WAS starting to have an outer body experience!!x( And I need to remember next time to do the abs portion first. Pikes on the ball would have been alot easier BEFORE all of those bicep curls!! Okay...enough whining from me!:eek:

Tracee--Did you do IMAX2 today? I love that one and am looking forward to it tomorrow!

Deanie--Are you feeling any better? How long until the meds start working for sinus infection and strep? You didn't wokout today, did you??;-)

Marcy--I agree with you that the levitation holds are easier in the lotus position. Glad to hear that your HR gets up to 170's. I thought maybe that was too high. My headaches have been a little better, but have only been on the new meds for 6 days so far. May be too early to tell.

Have a great day all!
Gin:)

Hi DGT!

This morning was Back & Biceps. I didn't get to sleep until after 12 and woke up before 6 so I was almost too tired to work out but trudged on. Here are my stats:

Lawnmowers - 12 reps @ 35# (up 3 reps; will go up to 36# next week)
21s - 16#
1-Arm Cross Body Curls - 10 reps at 16# (up 1 rep)
Elbows-Out Lawnmowers - 10 reps @ 36# (up 2 reps)
Standing Bicep Curls - 10 reps @ 19# (up 2 reps)
Reverse Grip Bent Over Rows - 12 reps @ 29# (will stay with this weight next week and go up to 31# for Phase 3)
Open Arm Curls - 8 reps @ 19# (up 1 rep)
Static Arm Curls - 15# (16 rep exercise) felt better this week but will still stay at this weight.
Congdon Locomotives - 40 reps @ 19# (will go up to 21# next week)
One-Arm Corkscrew Curls - 10 reps @ 19# (Up 2 reps)
Seated Bent-Over Back Flys - 12 reps @ 16# (up 1#); will go up to 19# next week.
Curl-Up Hammer Downs - 9 reps @ 16# (up 1#)
Hammer Curls - 10 reps @ 16# (up 2 1/2 reps)
In-Out Hammer Curls - 9 reps @ 16# (up 1#)
Strip Set Curls - 8 reps @ 16#, 13#, 10# and 8# (this was less than what I did last round but didn't feel like changing weights). Will do 19#, 16#, 13# and 10# next week - this is what I left off with last time.

I got to bar level on the wide front pullup. Hopefully, I'll make it all the way next week.

Deanie - So sorry about your sinus infection and strep. Do you have a high fever? I hope you're resting. I'll give you some little updates about X+:

"Last night I did AbX+ and actually like it better than AbX. You have standing, hanging, floor abs. You rotate through them, first hanging, standing, floor and keep rotating. Each round is a different exercise. My abs are not very strong for the hanging ones I could usually only get 4 reps out before dropping. Then again it is hard for me to hang for long.

This morning was KenpoX+. He does go right into the combinations without breaking them down, which I do like but the workout itself is quite short. 30 minutes without w/u and c/d. there is a 6 minute w/u and 3-4 minute c/d. I actually didn't think it was a real, real hard workout. I made it through and like that he didn't break down the combinations. Gets you going and keeps you going. I burned 360 calories during the workout. I have noticed at the end of the cardio workouts the stretch is pretty much nothing. I have been turning it off at that point and putting in my own 10-15 minute stretch. I feel like I need the longer stretch than Tony gives.

So far my observations are the strength workouts are tougher than the X, at least to me but the cardio ones are not as tough as I expected them to be. I know you get out of them what you put in but again this is only my opinion.

I am far from being in great physique shape. My body hasn't been this sore though in a very long time. So I know it is working and using different muscles I haven't used in quite a while."

"This morning was Interval X+ and the set up is the same as P90Master Interval workout. 20 seconds hard, 20 seconds harder, 20 seconds hardest and repeat. Do all exercises and then repeat going backwards where P90Ms workout goes from the beginning again. One thing that I don't like is when Tony throws in the push-ups/planks, my heart is racing way too fast to get down on the ground so I walked in place and when I felt ready I got down. In the 42 minutes I was wiped and burned 420 calories. I added on a 10 minute stretch afterwards. Tony doesn't have much of a stretch at the end.

So far I am enjoying the workouts and something to kick the new year off. My lower body is feeling a good sore. I like the fact that these workouts are around 45 minutes, fits perfectly into my morning workout time."

Gin - 170s is kind of high for me. 169 is usually my high but I hadn't done IMAX 3 since August so it was a little bit of a shock to my system. I don't blame you for your rant. I hate PUB! Too much endurance for me. Abs must be done first with this one if you want to have any energy to do them. You just reminded me I should try these again. This was my toughest ab workout of Cathe and I want to see if it's any easier for me now. Glad your headaches are better.

Tracee - Hi! Hope you got a workout in today. Is the weather warm by you today? It's still about 55 degrees here and I'm loving it. It was 64 yesterday. Is your DS doing better in school now?

Marcy

Hi DGM!

Just a quick post today until this afternoon when I'll have more time. I did do IMAX2 today, well the first half anyway. :) I didn't want to overdo it and I wanted to end when I was still having fun with it. I only have this one on VHS so I can't jump around and do only the blasts that I like.

Deanie - hope your medicine starts working quickly.

Gin - I agree with you on those biceps in PUB, that's the only place I have DOMS today and I didn't even do the full set.

Marcy - Congrats on getting p90x+. Is there a presale or something going on and is that why you got a discount?

Tracee

Hi GMT!

No workout for me today again. ugh!x( I did have strep, and a sinus infection and a fever yesterday. I think this morning I had a fever too. Right now I am feeling better with no fever, and the meds are working for the strep/sinus thing. Both kids are out of the house and it is soooo hard not to go down to the basement and workout! But I am not going tox(

Marcy~ Great workout today. I love how you "trudge" thru the workout-you always do so well!! }( ;-) I hope to do Back and Biceps tomorrow. I am counting tues. as my off day and wed. as a yoga day, so I will do the cardio and weights for the rest of the week. Thanks for the reviews on the X+. The ab work sounds really interesting...

Gin~ I know what you mean about the cardio. I would run with my friend over not doing it also. I agree about the bicep work in PUB! Alot of curls and hammer curls, and yes, sooo hard! I always feel it the next day. And yes, make a note on the dvd cover for yourself: do abs first!! They are so hard to do at the end. I wonder if Cathe did them at the end, or the begining of the workout when she taped the workout?

Tracee~ Doing something is better than doing nothing:) Glad you got a workout in today!

Hopefully I will be back to normal tomorrow. I plan to wake up my normal early time and workout. Keep your fingers crossed for me:)

Thanks for all the well wishes
Deanie:*

Hi Again!

Tracee - There was a discount for Million Dollar Body Club members. I didn't get a confirmation but a lot of others didn't, although I think my order went through this time because I got an order number. The good thing about the workouts is that they're all between 40-45 minutes. Much more doable for rushed mornings.

Deanie - Glad you're feeling better. I know it's hard not to rush down and do a workout. I feel for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Tomorrow I'm doing a Budokon workout: Power & Agility. I have to check and see how long it is. I hope I have time (hopefully I'll get a good night's sleep tonight.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.