DeClutter group 2/15

elliemom

Cathlete
HELP!!!!

My week and weekend were so busy I got nothing done!!! It's starting to "weigh" me down" I need a little push!!! I like a little friendly competition, so anybody up for a challenge!!????

I need to stop procrastinating and Just do it. Anyone make any progress this week???

Kick my butt into gear!!!
thanks

ellie

Ok Ellie: I have managed to procrastinate long enough! we are planning on moving at the end of next month to a new rental house and DH made the comment that he didn't wnat to move all this stuff we have... the garage us FULL of stuff we have been lugging around for the past 5 years! Each time we purge "some" things but never managed to make much of a dent.

Ok, so here are my goals:

1) today is to go through the "bill" box. I have several purple plastic file pockets and will label each one of them per your suggestion previously and throw away the rest of the junk. On a daily basis for the past few weeks, I have been managing to sort the mail over the garbage but the bill pile just gets thrown into a basket... then I pay all my bills online, so don't look at the statements much... But I need to do more and get them filed or shreaded!

2) go through all the purged clothing bags in the garage and get them to goodwill donation center, or call St. Vincents to pick them up.

Then will tackle the closets next weekend!

Ok, Ellie... keep me accountable!

Last edited:
Okay cool Dani's in

Anybody else????

1 My closet and drawers- I am pretty much the same size that I was 20 years ago, so some of my clothes are THAT old. Might be time for them to go huh??? I'm tired of moving things to find something to wear!!!

2. DH's clothes are going to Goodwill as soon as he goes to work tomorrow so that's not an issue!!!!! Insert VERY evil laugh here

3. The boys toys. Why am I having such a hard time purging these things. They are 5 and 8 now. They don't want Barney anymore. But I feel like I'm throwing away their childhood!!!! I did mention I'm crazy right????

I am ready to start tomorrow am. Please join in!!!

ellie

Okay, I cleaned out under the kitchen sink - actually I was forced to as DH installed a new faucet THAT DOESN'T LEAK!! After 27 years of marriage, this is how we spend Valentine's - in the hardware store.

Then I tackled the coat closet - but as I live in a 4 season state (sometimes all four seasons can show up within a 48 hour period) it is hard to lighten up there.

Finally, I continued on in DD's closet. She has been married for 3 years and I still have two shelves of college material, prom/bridesmaid dresses, stuffed animals and knick-knacks in there that she won't let me get rid of. She lives 2000 miles away in a rental so I don't feel like I can just ship it all to her until they decide if they are staying in CA or moving back.

She did however let me donate her letterman's jacket to Goodwill (after I removed the patches) and some books that didn't relate to college.

After all that, I only managed to get rid of 75 things this weekend (and that's because 20 of them were old magazines). I have plans for this next weekend, so it will be the end of Feb. before I start at it again.

Dani - good luck with the paper pile. I have been putting that one off. I have a dresser drawer where I just throw everything until I can file it. Well, I haven't filed for 6 months:eek:! That is what I will work on at the end of the month.

Ellie - I hear you about the kid's toys. I still have a box of Littlest Pet Shop stuff in the closet (waiting for grandchildren, I say) and a tub of all the kids' favorite books. DH's closet though - that is another matter......sometimes I sneek in and take things out and put them in a box in my closet with the date on it. If he hasn't asked for any of the items in 6 months, out to Goodwill it goes. I should do that to myself shouldn't I?

I will check back in a day or two and see if you have gotten rid of Barney yet. Until then, happy decluttering to all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.