Dec. 08 CHECK IN *** Tues. 9th ***

ShyWolf

Cathlete
Hello All!

Not as cold as yesterday morning so thats good.

Still feeling off so I'm seriously going to see my doctor.

I think I can manage playing w/ my kettlebells today just doing my own thing and see how I feel maybe the cardio was a bit much for me yesterday so I'll listen carefully to how I feel.

Anyways I hope you all have a Terrific Tuesday :)

picture.php

HI everyone..

Sorry to be gone yesterday..The family took a field trip into DC. We went to the American History Museum and the new capitol building visitor's center. It was the best time. But, boy was it cold yesterday. No official workout. But, we did alot of walking around..

Today is going to be 4 DS: Bootcamp...Suppose to just do the cardio. If I have time, I plan to do the entire workout!!

Got a busy day..Drawing lessons and Chris has K4J at church..I am going to try and come back later today..

Have a great day!!

Hi Kathy, Vilma, and everyone! Kathy, I did notice you were mia yesterday. Sounds like you had a great day! I'll bet you burned extra calories shivering, too. :)

I did KPC this morning, except when she was doing the combos I did 600 kettlebell swings. It was good to get in a nice hypnotic rhythm with them. I woke up at 3:45 -- Dylan, my 7 year old, had had a nightmare sort of about yesterday's event. I never did go back to sleep. The little girl was 4 years old. I cannot stop thinking about that mom. And yes, Chris, when I heard the news, I thought about what your community went through this summer -- so sad that it's being tested again!

On a more optimistic topic, perhaps, it's very cool about the mayor -- do you think anything good will actually come of it? I hope so!

Have a great day everyone!

-Beth

Hey Hey!

Just finished LOWMAX, Premix: 1-4. I'm pooped today. It all caught up with me, and I feel like a dishrag ( a used , WET , dishrag!) . Working out was tough. I did just finish a Zipfizz, so hopefully I'll get a bit more pep for the day!

Vilma: I'm glad you're going to see a doctor, before it gets worse. It's not a good time to be sick! Take it easy with workouts, but it sounds like you are listening to your body. Our weather sounds like yours lately. We're actually supposed to warm up by mid week, near 50. But with it comes rain/snow/ICK!

Beth: KPC w/ KB's sounds like a tough workout! It's like kicking it up a notch! Good for you! .... that is horribly sad about that little girl. She was just a baby! How do you go on as a parent after something like that? And having other kids at Christmas. Wow. your poor son had a nightmare. that would be my 9 year old, he's so sensitive to things like that too. ...... Yeah, the mayor getting involved is a positive note. Though it may be just for "show". Apparently the splitting up of the school is for political reasons, to get quicker state funding to build a NEW elementary school. Not nice!

Kathy:that must have been so nice to be in Washington DC! It must be so beautiful around this time of year. I'm very jealous! Sounds like a good workout today...!! Enjoy!

So yes, time to move ... after a snack, I have to get to the grocery store and probably will get a bit of Christmas shopping done. If I'm lucky enough to find things for people I don't know what to get for! :p

BBL!

Hi ladies!

Vilma, good idea to see the doctor. Hope you're feeling better. I think you (or Beth?) asked yesterday how cold it is here. Well, to put our winters in perspective, it's about 38 degrees this morning and that's warm for us this time of year! It was in the teens last week. It's a horrible day here - cold and rain which is supposed to turn to snow and ice. Lovely.

Beth, wow, 600 swings?? Yikes! You go!! I'm so, so sorry to hear about that little girl. So unbelievably sad and heartbreaking. How do you go on? It's my worst nightmare that something like that will happen. I hope the family can somewhat find a way to go on and cope with the loss.

Chris, that's good that the mayor is getting involved with the school situation. Hopefully it's not just for show and something good will come out of it. Our governor just got arrested this morning - I tell you, politics here in Chicago are always fun! One of the charges is for soliciting bribes for filling Obama's senate seat. Sounds like you had a rough weekend with work and no sleep. No wonder you're tired. I knocked out four Christmas presents for people I didn't know what to get at Costco yesterday. We never used to exchange gifts in the office (which was totally fine with me!), but I got moved to a new unit and they all exchange gifts. Costco had four packs of Ghirdalli Chocolates in ornaments and four packs of some fancy hot chocolate. So, they'll each get one of those. Now I need to figure out teachers. I want to do something special for Caitlyn's since she was so great while Caitlyn was out.

This morning I needed a fun cardio. I wasn't up for Low Max especially since I worked legs yesterday. So, after staring at my DVDs for too long I pulled out Christi Taylor's Totally Hot Cardio. It's hi/lo with great music! Just what I needed. It was fun, but didn't kill me!

Indoor soccer and basketball have started up. So now we have 3-4 practices a week, and the games haven't even started yet. Things are getting even crazier. I'll be glad when the holidays are over, so I can just deal with the everyday stresses of life!

BBL...

Joanne

Joanne, I saw the news about your governor this morning! Wow, is there nobody left in politics who is not corrupt?!

Brrrr, you ladies put up with a lot of cold. What a wimp I am!!!

Ok, so the latest news from the school is very conflicting. Someone said we should all put our kids on a course of antibiotics because they were exposed. Someone else said the boy was tested yesterday and he does not have meningitis. I don't know what of this is true -- this is one of the problems with a small community -- lots of (mis)information flies around very quickly. I'm doing to call the pediatrician in a few minutes once they open! I guess it was on the news this morning, and even the news sounded conflicting. Apparently the girl did not really have the symptoms you would think of. Ug.

-Beth

I can only do a fly by right now but Beth, can you find out if the meningitis was bacterial or viral? Antibiotics will be effective against the bacterial naturally but not really for the viral. I *think* the viral kind usually is spread by mosquitos so if your area is mosquito-ish...I live in a desert so its never really an issue...

I'm guessing it was bacterial since the little girl didn't really have any symptoms and she died so suddenly, but, the coroner is not even testing -- they are just saying it was meningitis -- at least that's what the newspaper said. At any rate, I talked to someone from the pediatrician's office and they said they are only prescribing antibiotics for children who were in close contact with the little girl. Since the boy is not sick, I guess they figure we're all safe.

I'm having a hard time concentrating on work! Doesn't help that I'm just waiting on other people today...... (gee, it almost sounds like a Hottie experiment). :)

-Beth

Beth, the little boy is her brother right? Isn't there an incubation period? How do they know he wasn't exposed and just hasn't exhibited any symptoms yet? It sounds like she had hardly any symptoms. I guess the doctors know best, but I'd still be nervous. A girl in Jameson's class had menigitis earlier this year. She was in the hospital for a long time, but did recover. I was so nervous about him even though he had little to no contact with her. Oh, and no, I don't think there's anyone left in politics (at least in this area!) that isn't corrupt! Maybe Blagovich can be a cellmate of our former governor Ryan (also in prison!).

Ha! My experiments...I'm extending my vacation one day to mostly desk work so I don't have to deal with it. Oh, who am I kidding? I have a very *small* salvage experiment going on the bench right now...

Vilma -- I hope you feel better! Is it in your throat? That's how I know when I'm catching something.

Kathy -- Have fun with 4DS bootcamp...good for you for wanting to do all of it. I can't do that tricep dip on the ball and the high step though...its a pretty funny sight frankly. Isn't it cold in DC now? I only went to DC in the spring time and I love walking around the city then.

Chris -- My butt hurts just reading about Low Max! I should do that one soon. Have fun with the shopping. I almost miss shopping in real stores since I do everything online.

Joanne -- I GROANED when I saw the headline about Chicago. At one point, my husband and I were talking about, "How stupid are you to get caught on the filling Obama's seat? If you're going to be a corrupt SOB, don't do it on such a high profile thing." Idiots! I read that they have him on tape saying he "wanted more money." I just want to throttle them. But then I take a step back and am very thankful that corruption has checks in this country. In India, its sooooo much worse. But you know, it really makes me wonder how Obama can be "clean" after working in Chicago...

Beth -- well, have fun trudging through your experiment. :) I'm so sorry about the child. I can't even imagine the feelings that family are going through right now. Good for you for getting those KB swings in though. I thought of you on my trip to SF and back. :) It was sort of a weird trip because we compacted interesting things and then I would fill the dead time with my motor mouth because I missed my friend so much I just kept on talking and talking and talking....but the real treat was that they treated me and Joe to the The French Laundry in Napa Valley. I don't think I've ever had that expensive or luxurious food in my life...or ever again. I felt very special and spoiled. And Joe was like, "its so rocks to be married to you..." Have you ever gone there? How far are you from Napa Valley? I thought you said your 1hr south from SF but it still may be driveable...

So, after three days of not working out and indulging (I couldn't get a workout in before we started driving which was probably good because my hamstrings were really having some DOMS after HSC), I did Imax2 today and I felt FANTASTIC afterwards. My HRM said my HR was pushed higher than usual but I actually felt like it was easier...maybe its because I had energy from not working out and I ate the most awesome foie gras and kobe beef in my LIFE. I'm sorta working on a high right now so I'm not going too far into "real" work because I don't want it taken away from me!! As long as my boss doesn't notice me...

:)

I hope you all have a good day!

Kathy sounds like you and your family had a wonderful time in DC – I would love to go back just for the Smithsonian Art Museum it was so big to just absorb it all – loved that place.

We last went during March a few years ago and it was cold.

Beth how are you doing the 600 swings? Are you doing them in sets with rest times? Go You! I need to go up in size for swings I’m going to eventually get my 16kg one day.

So sorry about that little girl – how horrible and my heart just aches for the parents my goodness.:(

Hottie welcome back – so did you have a great birthday blast?

Yeah it’s my throat and nose …. stupid colds.

Chris ahh politics don’t you just love it? Note the sarcasm lol Well hopefully something will be settled about your boys’ school.

Got to hand it to you for working out on so little sleep I know I couldn’t do it. You are the WoMan!

I could use a girl night with eggnog and rum by the fireplace anytime ;) sans family responsibilities for a bit - that would be nice instead of playing cab driver, referee, short order cook etc etc etc :p

Joanne Indoor track started for my son last week so I can sympathize with you on the running around. Believe you me I fully know what you’re talking about things being crazier and the Holiday season

So the run down on moi since today I stayed home after going to Target to get my new prescriptions filled. Tomorrow DH & I are vowing to be done with Christmas shopping for everyone so at least the out of town packages can be prepped and sent out by the end of this week.

I’m drinking lots of water/tea w/ ginger root for my tummy and airborne along with keeping tissues for the drippy nose and throat lozenges with Motrin for the achiness. As long as I’m not feverish and feel I can handle it all I will.

Just got done doing sets of multiple swings w/ clean & presses using my 12kg and 8kg Kettlebell; me thinks its time to get a 16kg for swings and suitcase dead lifts but that’s another story. I need a timer to keep up with my set times though as I lose count of how many I’m doing in a certain time frame. I think I’ll get myself a gymboss for my stocking stuffer, the kitchen timer will work for so long but I’m not always in my kitchen swinging my kettlebells. Today I was in the dining/computer room with my bells.

I went to my doctor this morning no strep as far as they can tell but just a nasty viral crud making its paces in the community. I could not believe how crowded the waiting room was and parking was such a hassle, I’ve never seen our doctor’s office so darned full before – just wow! I’m a bit paranoid when people around me are hacking up a lung and forget to cover their mouths ‘meh’.

Well this is a lengthy post :confused: so its time for me to get started on dinner anyhow.

I hope you all have a great evening.

Toodles Chicas

picture.php

Last edited:
Hi everyone..

Checking in with 4 DS bootcamp: biceps/ triceps done...

Thanks everyone..We did have a blast yesterday. It was very cold with the wind blowing. We had quite a walk from the Museum to the visitor's center..We love going down to DC and being so close to it. We were wiped out at the end of the day though. That cold wind takes it out of ya...Looking forward to going back for another visit. Maybe when it gets warmer. Hubby wants to go back next month..Brrrr!!

I also ordered some fit by Cathe stuff. Lauren was using my resistance band and broke it. So, excuse to order..I got the weight vest, weight gloves, resistance bands and 10lb pair of ankle weights..I got the box today and haven't gotten a chance to open it yet. It is like an early Christmas present...

Ok, hubby and the kids headed out a few minutes ago to get our Christmas tree. So, the evening will be spent decorating that I am sure!!

Talk to you tomorrow...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.