Deanie's Rotation Check-In 5/10

Good Morning ladies! I had to get on here early today because I'm not going to be at my computer all day. I have to sit in a boring accounting seminar all day. :-(

I did pilates this morning and it was just what I needed. Not too hard but not too easy either.

Gin - Sorry to hear that you had the same thing happen to your ebay purchase. I need to go out on my paypal account and make sure the transaction didn't go through.

Have a good day everyone.

Tracee

Good Morning Tracee and all who come after

This morning I did David Swenson 45 min. yoga. It was hard to get into, because I was not in the mood for yoga. I found out alot of stuff about one of the teachers I may be working with last night, and my head was not into yoga. I actually have DOMs today in my biceps so the yoga was good for the stretching.

Tracee/Gin- sorry about your core syner. purchase. It would have been fun to all have it.

Gin- I hope you get your basement done! Its wonderful to workout down there.

Marcy- Hope you had a good workout today. Which yoga did you do?

Later-
Deanie

Good Morning!

Today was B&G Leg Blast and OUCHIE MAMA!! Those one legged squats get me every time. When we come to the Firewalkers I am so glad for some relief! :p

I am going to start posting my meals:
B-5 egg white omelet with veggies, Ezekial toast, orange
S-1/2 Pure Protein bar
L-V-8, veggies, 1/2c. lowfat cottage cheese with 1 c. strawberries
S-smoothie w/ 1 scoop Whey protein powder,1 c. mixed fruit, 1 c. nonfat plain yogurt
D-??7 pts left

Tracee--Sorry about the boring Accounting Seminar. Glad you enjoyed the Pilates.

Deanie-- Do you do the headstand in the DS yoga? I can do it against the wall, but am scared to try in the middle of the room. Can you tell us what happened with one of the teachers you may be working with? I have worked with teachers that I absolutely loved and some that were dificult to get along with. Fortunately, it is usually the former.

Marcy--Was today yoga for you?

Gin

Gin- I used to do the headstand against the wall, now I just skip it if I don't feel like doing it. I tried it once in the middle of the floor, and I was so excited I was doing it, I rolled over and almost crashed into the tv!!!:) What I found out was, a) she has a really strong personality and runs the class on her own, so asst. don't help with planning lessons or activities, and I also have a strong personality, and my friend said we would definatley clash! b) she teaches 3 year olds and has them take a letter at circle time, and then goes around the circle makeing them tell a word begining with that letter. I am VERY against this, they are 3!!! I don't believe in that kind of learning for 3s. c) my friend worked with this woman, and said she is a b***h! and my friend is very laid back and easy going. So all things considered if this teacher comes back, my chances of working with her are good, and now I don't know what to do. I will prob. take the position, but I would not let her walk all over me, or do things I think is not good for the kids, so that may cause problems. I figure I will wait and see. All the teachers there now are great and I love working with them. This teacher left because her son was sick last year and so she may come back next year. The director asked her to.

Gotta go play mahjong, wish me luck, I lost every hand last week!:)

Deanie

Good morning ladies!

I finally slept through the night last night so I was able to get up bright and early to do Yoga X. I had a really good workout. I got deeper in the poses, held my balance poses longer and really got a good stretch. DRUM ROLL PLEASE.... I was able to hold Crane for 60 seconds! I guess it's on to headstand from there. I just had my massage so I'm feeling a little better. Was able to crack my neck a little bit and can move it a little better now without so much pain.

Gin: Hope you can renovate your basement for your new workout room. That would be great. I am so looking forward to not having to drag my equipment in and out of the closet all the time. Congrats on getting SJP/SB. It's definitely worth it. I'd have to see clips of S&H 2 to see how different it is from the original before I answer your question. I can't believe Joey was in the bottom 2 either. I thought Ian would be. I didn't think Ian would be leaving but I never thought he'd score higher than Joey. I'm sorry you had a problem getting Core Syn and you're no weakling! I'm sure you could do it or work yourself up to doing it. I'm impressed your doing a headstand. Your eating looks excellent! I wasn't quite as good. So far this morning I had:

Tuna with pasta (the "bad" kind). DH made a whole lot of it and I couldn't resist.
Reduced fat string cheese - only 2.5 grams of fat
3 red grapes, 2 slices of pineapple and 2 strawberries (my treat after my massage)
Lunch will be a salad and dinner(?)

Tracee - Sorry to you too about your Core Syn DVD. Hopefully you and Gin will have another opportunity to get it. Try and stay awake in your seminar! Glad you enjoyed your pilates. I'll have to start doing it again when this rotation is over.

Deanie - Good luck at mah jongg! Since you and Gin are doing headstands, I guess I have to start too. I'm feeling left out.:( Sorry about what's happening with school. Hope everything works out. I agree, just do what you think is right for the kids. Everyone's pushing kids to do things earlier and earlier these days and they're just not letting them grow at their own pace.

Have a great day! BBL.

Marcy

Okay, a good day for me, I finally won at Mahjong!!:)

Marcy- I'm glad your feeling better. I would love a massage. I've never had one. It sounds like you had a good practice this morning.

Tracee- sorry about the seminar. I hope you at least get out for lunch.

Gin- good choice of SJP/SB. Its a great dvd with wonderful and fun premixes.

I couldn't stand it anymore, so I wrote in the ask Cathe forum: when is the presale. I hope she answers me.

breakfast: steel cut oats w/brown sugar and spray butter, an orange
snack: banana(was busy playing mahjong)
lunch: dairy kugel (egg noodles, cottage cheese,sour cream, cream cheese, eggs, sugar all rolled up and cooked together) a small piece since I used real ingredients. and salad
snack:1/2 cliff builders bar
dinner:?

Deanie

Deanie: Congrats on winning! They have 15-minute chair massages at my job every month. I really look forward to them although I would like a longer deeper one. I would think Cathe would post something soon about a pre-sale since she's supposed to start filming in June, right? I think my grandmother used to make the dairy kugel you had. I think we just called it noodle pudding. It sounds dangerous but since you ate good the rest of the day, I don't think a small piece would hurt. I never had steel cut oats. Where do you get them?

Marcy

Good Afternoon!

Deanie--Congrats on winning in mahjong! Sorry about the possibility of having to work with the difficulst teacher. I have never had an asst. teaching 4's and 5's. We have 10 in a class and 1 teacher, but the Toddlers 2's and 3's teachers all have asst. That is not age appropriate for 3's to be learning beginning letter sounds in my opinion. More suitable for 4's.

Marcy-- Yeah for being able to sleep through the night!! Congrats on being able to hold the Crane pose!! Now refresh my memory... what is the Crane pose??:7 My headstand was against the wall, so don't be impressed with that. You got that right about "everyone pushing kids". Most of the kids from the school where I teach go on to private school Kindergarten. Some ARE ready for a academically advanced setting for K, and some are not. But the parents can really become upset if their child is not accepted to private school of their choice.:eek:

Gin...who ir really ready for the weekend and even more ready for SUMMER!!:D (IS really ready!)

Gin - Crane is where you balance your knees on your elbows - I guess it's the precursor to headstand.

I'm ready for summer too - except I don't get it off like you and Deanie!:-( I might be in the middle of moving in a couple of months so maybe I'll have some time off but I'll be so busy it won't feel like it. I am enjoying the warmer weather though.

I am bidding on Mark Blanchard's Progressive Power Trilogy. I hope I win but the bidding doesn't close for another 6 days. I'm also interested in Tilak Pyle's Altar of the Heart. It seems to be everyone's favorite over at VF. It's an intermediate practice that's not quite so intense but has great music and scenery. I saw some sample clips and it looked really nice. I'm really enjoying yoga now. I so look forward to Thursdays - yoga and dancing. A great combo for me.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.